Part of a High Court dispute between the development company run by Johnny Ronan and its co-investor in three planned developments in Dublin has been resolved.
Ronan Group Real Estate (RGRE) had tried to prevent its co-investor, DigitalBridge Inc, formerly Colony Capital, from completing the sale of its stakes in the developments, worth an estimated 1 billion, to US group, Fortress Investment.
The developments are the mixed residential and commercial development, the Waterfront, on Dublins docklands; Facebooks new European headquarters at Fibonacci Square, in Ballsbridge; and the Spencer Place development in the docklands that includes a headquarters tower for tech firm Salesforce and a luxury hotel, the Samuel, to be operated by the Dalata Group.
RGRE obtained two injunctions last month restraining completion of the sale and also preventing DigitalBridge appointing a receiver over the Waterfront assets arising from an alleged 317m debt.
DigitalBridge owns some 70 per cent of Waterfront.
The injunctions were sought by the RGRE and a number of related companies pending determination of the full dispute between the parties.
DigitalBridge and a number of related companies, opposed the injunction applications and denied the claims of RGRE.
The injunctions matter was due for hearing before Mr Justice Denis McDonald on Tuesday when he was told at the outset discussions had taken place between the parties and further time was sought until the afternoon.
Following further talks, Michael Cush SC, for RGRE, told Mr Justice McDonald the injunctions issue had been resolved.
The judge adjourned the matter to December 21st and said he was glad to hear an accommodation had been reached.
The dispute arises out of an agreement this year by DigitalBridge relating to a $2.7 billion (2.3 billion) transaction to sell its non-digital European property assets to Fortress.
Digital Bridges joint ventures with RGRE are proposed to be wrapped into that deal, over objections from Mr Ronan.
RGRE claimed this breached an oral agreement reached with DigitalBridge last December to sell its interests in the Dublin developments to a consortium backed by South African institutional investors.
The agreement, the court previously heard, was between Mr Ronan and Tom Barrack, then executive chairman of Colony, concerning the disposal of Colonys interest in two projects, the Spenser South and Fibonacci projects, to a consortium comprising Mr Ronan and South African investors.
Digital Bridge and RGRE are joint venture partners in Waterfront, a commercial and residential scheme that would see over 1,000 new homes and 66,718sq m of office space developed.
The office scheme has planning permission but An Brd Pleanla refused last May to grant approval for the planned residential element, comprising two 40-plus storey towers.
Read this article:
- A shinkansen to space (and other news found beneath the sofa) - The Japan Times - January 24th, 2022
- The Lost In Space Season 3 Scene That Went Too Far - Looper - January 24th, 2022
- 10 of the best new restaurants in Collin County you probably missed in 2021 - Local Profile - January 24th, 2022
- SpaceX Elon Musk: Population Decline Will Negatively Affect Mars Colonization, Provides Mass Extinction 'Solution' - iTech Post - January 19th, 2022
- How biomining could sustain space colonies - Big Think - January 19th, 2022
- The Expanse season 6 used aliens for a political message in the end - Polygon - January 19th, 2022
- Mars Remains Enigmatic As Ever Leading Up To Destiny 2 The Witch Queen - GameSpot - January 19th, 2022
- An interview in the metaverse | TheHill - The Hill - January 19th, 2022
- I hope that Starfield is more than "Skyrim in Space" - Gamesradar - January 19th, 2022
- Oceanfront retreat overlooks Plymouth Long Beach and the Eel River - Wicked Local - January 19th, 2022
- Free Play Arcade Is Home Again With a Massive Space in Denton - Dallas Observer - January 19th, 2022
- Dredging project will give boats room to maneuver in basin of Plymouth Harbor - Wicked Local - January 19th, 2022
- To the moon and beyond: what 2022 holds for space travel - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2022
- The Expanse Season 6, Episode 4: Recap and Review - Post Apocalyptic Media - January 3rd, 2022
- Humans would probably start eating each other in space - Metro.co.uk - December 27th, 2021
- Payments in the Off-World Colonies, 2121 - BeInCrypto - BeInCrypto - December 27th, 2021
- Who is Baba Vanga and what are her predictions for 2022?... - The Irish Sun - December 27th, 2021
- A giant 735ft moon-themed resort could be coming to Las Vegas - Metro.co.uk - December 23rd, 2021
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope Is on the Launchpad - The Atlantic - December 23rd, 2021
- Space simulation: 120 days of isolation - this is how the crew reacted - Socialpost - December 22nd, 2021
- SpaceX Starship is Next-Level, But Has a Long Way to Go; Says Elon Musk for Interstellar Explorations - Tech Times - December 22nd, 2021
- Space sex: the trouble with joining the 62-mile-high club - Big Think - December 22nd, 2021
- Is it possible to use wind farms on Mars? - The Times Hub - December 22nd, 2021
- Lost In Space: 11 Other Shows To Watch If You Like The Sci-Fi Netflix Series - CinemaBlend - December 22nd, 2021
- A world first: Devon calls victory in 27-year war on termites - The Guardian - December 22nd, 2021
- Kerbal Space Program 2 Provides a Gateway to the Universe for Those Destined to Unveil Its Secrets - Gamers Decide - December 22nd, 2021
- Coworking offices hope for COVID-19 rebound - The Atlanta Journal Constitution - December 17th, 2021
- SpaceX Starship, Super Heavy Rocket 'Launch, Land, Repeat' Render is the Same as the Actual Thing - Tech Times - December 17th, 2021
- Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, and Mainstream Sci-fi Games' Lack of Imagination - Paste Magazine - December 17th, 2021
- Tides (The Colony) Making SVOD Debut on Netflix US in January 2022 - What's on Netflix - December 17th, 2021
- 2,200-year-old shipwreck is a marine life haven - CTV News - December 17th, 2021
- We asked a physicist whether The Witcher's multiverse could really exist - The Verge - December 17th, 2021
- A Mars Colony Could be a Hydrogen Factory, Providing ... - December 10th, 2021
- Off-world colony simulation reveals changes in human ... - December 10th, 2021
- 10 things in tech you need to know today, Thursday, Dec. 9 - Business Insider - December 10th, 2021
- Welcome to Pakistan, colony of the People's Republic of China - Washington Examiner - December 10th, 2021
- Elon Musk Has A 'Save The Earth Warning' For You - News18 - December 10th, 2021
- Are We Tethered To Our Time Despite Time Travel? Sci-fi Saturday - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - December 10th, 2021
- UAE railway project: No better way to begin the next 50 journey - Khaleej Times - December 10th, 2021
- Thanks to Elon Musk, the most popular bitcoin tocogen in the United States - Hardwood Paroxysm - November 28th, 2021
- AI will find aliens before humans - but it won't try to kill us yet, says NASA chief - Daily Star - November 28th, 2021
- Look: Kids of determination create 'Heritage Village' to mark UAE's Year of the 50th - Khaleej Times - November 28th, 2021
- NASA plots 'important step' to powering future space colonies with nuclear reactor on Moon - Daily Express - November 23rd, 2021
- Scientists Consider Creating Magnetic Field Around Mars so We Can Colonize the Red Planet - Newsweek - November 23rd, 2021
- Legendary Comics to Release Lost in Space: The Ultimate Collection Including a New Mashup Story - LRM Online - November 23rd, 2021
- This Small Town Is the Ultimate Holiday Shopping Destination - StyleBlueprint - November 23rd, 2021
- Exploring the Other Side of Haiti - AFAR Media - November 23rd, 2021
- The Bedrock of America - YourObserver.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Delhis Rajghat road redesigned to make it safer for pedestrians - Hindustan Times - November 23rd, 2021
- 'Outlander' season 6: release date, cast, plot, and everything we know - What's On TV - November 23rd, 2021
- Coral in the Gulf of Mexico are facing an extreme threat. Here's how Moody Gardens is trying to help. - Houston Chronicle - November 23rd, 2021
- Mars Colony Builder on Steam - November 21st, 2021
- Princess of Mars - Wikipedia - November 21st, 2021
- Musk to Start Colony on Mars Using DOGE, SHIB Petition ... - November 21st, 2021
- Mars (TV Series 20162018) - IMDb - November 21st, 2021
- Future Mars colonists could revolt against mission control on Earth, new study warns - The Independent - November 21st, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop Review: Netflixs Live-Action Riff on Everyones Favorite Anime Is a Cosmic Disaster - IndieWire - November 21st, 2021
- Arts This Week: ICA exhibit spotlights how a lack of affordable studio space in Boston hurts artists - wgbh.org - November 19th, 2021
- Legendary Comics' Lost in Space: The Ultimate Collection arriving in December - MP3s and NPCs - November 19th, 2021
- Elon Musk And His Fans Are Losing Their Minds Over CNN's Autopilot Criticism - Jalopnik - November 19th, 2021
- Mars colony simulations: Crew may revolt without strong interplanetary communication - CNET - November 17th, 2021
- Kids born on Mars after Elon Musks SpaceX missions would have brittle bones, weak eyesight and green ski... - The Sun - November 17th, 2021
- New 'Lost in Space' Season 3 trailer shows the entire Space Family Robinson in danger - Space.com - November 17th, 2021
- Soaring, Crashing, and Burning: Why The Billionaire Space Race Is A Horrible Idea - The Scarlet - November 17th, 2021
- Prague moon colony and koda lunar rover on show at Czech Space Week - Radio Prague - November 17th, 2021
- Forest Theatre: Century-old amphitheater has hidden connection to Lost Colony - WRAL.com - November 17th, 2021
- Iman Says She'll Never Remarry Following David Bowie's Death - wmmr.com - November 17th, 2021
- For security on Earth, we must protect space infrastructure from cyber-attacks - ITP.net - November 17th, 2021
- The Moon's top layer alone has enough oxygen to sustain 8 billion people for 100,000 years - The Conversation AU - November 17th, 2021
- Single-Family Rentals May Be Reaching an Inflection Point - Commercial Observer - November 17th, 2021
- St Kilda pier: First look at the new design with construction to start in 2022 - 7NEWS.com.au - November 17th, 2021
- 'Nepal has the potential to pursue world-class research and design' - The Kathmandu Post - November 1st, 2021
- Moro Hub Accelerates the Digital Transformation Adoption in MBRSC - Al-Bawaba - November 1st, 2021
- It's Time to Think About Tesla at $3 Trillion (Here is Why ? ) - The Lee Daily Register - November 1st, 2021
- Surviving the Aftermath is Leaving Early Access and Launching Next Month | XboxAchievements.com - XboxAchievements - November 1st, 2021
- Israeli Helios, German OHB working together to enable space colonies - The Jerusalem Post - October 21st, 2021
- Elon Musks Tweet About Extending 'Life to Mars' With His Dogecoins Gets Mixed Reaction - Gadgets 360 - October 21st, 2021
- How the billionaires ruined space - Brock Press - October 21st, 2021
- Edgewater Mansion With Heated Saltwater Pool Listed For $1.6M - Patch.com - October 21st, 2021
- The Fate of a Whole Galaxy Rests on One Person in This Exclusive 'Foundation' Clip - Thrillist - October 21st, 2021