12 Dec, 2021 07:14 PM3 minutes to read
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern joked with TVNZ's Breakfast team as she opened her hen's do present.Video / TVNZ
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern may be getting married this summer - but maybe don't expect a wild hen's do beforehand.
That is if her reaction to a gift from TVNZ's Breakfast team is anything to go by.
At the end of her last interview on the Breakfast show for the year, the PM was given a gift from the team.
As she opened it, host John Campbell revealed it was something for her hen's party, if she had one - to which Ardern made a face.
"Wow, this could be any manner of distasteful gifts," she joked.
She then lifted out a sparkly headband emblazoned with the word "bride", a bridal sash and a bottle of wine.
Holding up the headband, she laughed: "I can promise you, this will never see the light of day."
Her upcoming wedding to Clarke Gayford is planned for this summer in Gisborne.
Asked on ZM this month about how her wedding plans were going, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said "you'd have to ask Clarke, he's in charge".
"I said to someone I do really think I'm the least-engaged bride. I know the big stuff, but he's really doing the lot."
12 Dec, 2021 12:14 AMQuick Read
11 Dec, 2021 12:00 AMQuick Read
12 Dec, 2021 07:35 PMQuick Read
10 Dec, 2021 04:00 PMQuick Read
Asked if he was moving a marquee in on the back of a truck, in reference to Clarke's TVNZ show Moving House, "you know what, it's not that far off".
And while the joke could have revealed details of her wedding ceremony, Ardern denied that would be actually happening on her big day.
She said her comment just represented "that it's going to be pretty low key".
In July, Ardern admitted in a radio interview that she won't be embarking on a honeymoon after her big day. She is too busy leading the country after all.
Chatting to MoreFM hosts Gary and Lana, Ardern was asked if she had any honeymoon plans in the works.
"No, no, I don't. I'll probably be going back to work," the PM confessed.
She added she didn't think she's missing out on a right of passage for a bride.
"I guess it's my choice, for having major life events while in this job. So, no one's fault except my own. No complaints from us."
Read the original post:
- The Magnificent Seven: The Knight and Dames Jacinda Ardern didn't want to mess with - New Zealand Herald - May 11th, 2022
- Taranaki man charged with threatening to kill Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern - New Zealand Herald - May 11th, 2022
- PM Jacinda Ardern says soft on crime claims 'just wrong' as former detective hails NZ Police's international reputation - Newshub - May 11th, 2022
- Rugs, perfume, couture: What PM and other MPs declared - New Zealand Herald - May 11th, 2022
- Midwives and nurses 'flabbergasted' over 'sexist' immigration changes - Stuff - May 11th, 2022
- Parliament protest: Jacinda Ardern came into contact with Covid-infected cops while thanking them - New Zealand Herald - April 15th, 2022
- The Front Page: Why neither Louisa Wall nor Jacinda Ardern look good in departure drama - New Zealand Herald - April 15th, 2022
- Government blocks National Party bid to grill IPCA over occupation investigation - Stuff - April 15th, 2022
- A quote about Rupert Murdoch and white men attributed to New Zealand's prime minister is bogus - Poynter - April 11th, 2022
- Covid 19 Omicron outbreak: PM Jacinda Ardern to speak to media after today's Covid update and resignations of Ashley Bloomfield, Caroline McElnay -... - April 11th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern and Christopher Luxon's letters to each other revealed - New Zealand Herald - April 11th, 2022
- New Zealand PM's COVID Restrictions Ruled 'Gross Violation of Human Rights' By High Court - OutKick - April 11th, 2022
- Derek Cheng: Jacinda Ardern's underlying message in the decision to stay in red - New Zealand Herald - April 11th, 2022
- Live Updates | EU ministers assessing bloc's response to war - Yahoo! Voices - April 11th, 2022
- Ardern and Clark's next pandemic will be horrid - The Spectator Australia - April 11th, 2022
- Nearly halfway through the term, parties start to stake out territory - Stuff - April 11th, 2022
- New Zealand's Ardern faces down frustration over pandemic curbs - Reuters.com - March 4th, 2022
- Mike Munro: All finished for Ardern? Don't you believe it - New Zealand Herald - March 4th, 2022
- Ardern's response to Ukraine invasion is too cautious - Newsroom - March 4th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern reveals she forgot anniversary with Clarke Gayford on air with Jono and Ben - New Zealand Herald - March 4th, 2022
- Phase 3 of the Omicron response will arrive 'shortly', here is what that means - Stuff.co.nz - February 24th, 2022
- Covid-19: Rapid antigen tests to be rolled out across the country by the end of the week - Stuff.co.nz - February 24th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern named Class of 2022 Commencement speaker - Harvard Gazette - February 19th, 2022
- Matthew Hooton: One last chance left for Ardern to deliver - New Zealand Herald - February 19th, 2022
- Love letter authored by Jacinda Ardern to be auctioned for BATS Theatre - Stuff.co.nz - February 19th, 2022
- Do the protesters in Wellington even know what 'freedom' means? - Stuff.co.nz - February 19th, 2022
- NZ's top cop: Who is Andrew Coster, the man struggling to deal with the Parliament protests? - Stuff.co.nz - February 19th, 2022
- New Zealand passes law banning conversion therapy, fulfilling Jacinda Ardern's election promise - ABC News - February 17th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern - Conservapedia - February 15th, 2022
- New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern to speak at Harvard ... - February 15th, 2022
- Former National MP Matt King says protesters will leave if Jacinda Ardern gives date for when COVID-19 vaccine mandates will end - Newshub - February 15th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern won't voice opinion on Speaker's protest tactics as Opposition accuses Trevor Mallard of 'embarrassing' behaviour - Newshub - February 15th, 2022
- 'Hermit kingdom' of New Zealand falls out of love with Jacinda Ardern - The Times - February 7th, 2022
- New Zealand's Maori Party calls for Queen to be removed as head of state - Telegraph.co.uk - February 7th, 2022
- Sexual Revolution by Laurie Penny review playing fast and loose with the f-word - The Guardian - February 7th, 2022
- PM Jacinda Ardern on the borders, Omicron and her wedding - New Zealand Herald - February 5th, 2022
- New Zealand to reopen borders as support for Jacinda Ardern wanes - Financial Times - February 5th, 2022
- Covid-19: 'Don't wait', get ready: Jacinda Ardern says Kiwis need to rely on boosters with MIQ going - Stuff.co.nz - February 5th, 2022
- Claire Trevett: Covid 19 Omicron outbreak - can PM Jacinda Ardern put out the fires as she moves on borders, Charlotte Bellis, boosters and rapid... - February 5th, 2022
- Thomas Coughlan: Jacinda Ardern told to isolate on likely wedding day, we wish her well - New Zealand Herald - February 5th, 2022
- Steve Braunias: The Secret Diary of Jacinda Ardern - New Zealand Herald - February 5th, 2022
- The crisis isn't around the corner or about to cross the border - it's already here - Stuff.co.nz - February 5th, 2022
- New Zealands successful Covid policies hid inequality the government cant ignore it this year - The Guardian - January 9th, 2022
- Afghans in hiding because of service to New Zealand deserve hope, says former soldier - Stuff.co.nz - January 9th, 2022
- The new NZ divide: those anxious about Covid-19's inevitable spread, and the accepting - Stuff.co.nz - January 9th, 2022
- Spy: Predicting the good, the bad and the ugly of 2022 - New Zealand Herald - January 9th, 2022
- Athletics: New Zealand Olympic medalist Tom Walsh reveals decision to split from longtime coach for upcoming season - New Zealand Herald - January 9th, 2022
- Politics and the pandemic - another year of Covid-19 - RNZ - January 5th, 2022
- Bidens petty intolerance over Capitol riots will be politically costly - Sydney Morning Herald - January 5th, 2022
- Jacinda Ardern | NZHistory, New Zealand history online - January 3rd, 2022
- Summer off politics: What Jacinda Ardern is doing, reading, and watching for her break - Stuff.co.nz - January 3rd, 2022
- Green co-leaders reflect on a year of being between Opposition and Government - Stuff.co.nz - January 3rd, 2022
- A giggle and a yarn from crochet creations - Stuff.co.nz - January 3rd, 2022
- Live: Sun sets on 2021 as revellers prepare to bring in the New Year - New Zealand Herald - January 3rd, 2022
- A to Z of sport's movers and shakers to watch out for in 2022 - Irish Examiner - January 3rd, 2022
- 'Jessica, then Tova': Jacinda Ardern grills reporters in 'reverse press conference' on The Hits with Jono and Ben - New Zealand Herald - December 17th, 2021
- Do we need to panic over the 'Jacinda Ardern' deepfake clip? - New Zealand Herald - December 17th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern says country has hit 90 per cent fully vaccinated and 'bloody deserves' a holiday, in final speech of the year - Stuff.co.nz - December 17th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern acknowledges New Zealand bravery award recipients and families - The Siasat Daily - December 17th, 2021
- Fractious Australia has much to learn from the kindness and purpose of New Zealand politics - The Guardian - December 17th, 2021
- The worlds most admired people? Has-beens and online poopers - POLITICO Europe - December 17th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern on Christmas, Covid, vaccines and movies Die Hard, Home Alone and Love Actually - New Zealand Herald - December 10th, 2021
- New Zealand isnt naive about China but it doesnt accept the Aukus worldview - The Guardian - December 10th, 2021
- Ardern: NZ-Aust bond will always be tight - PerthNow - December 10th, 2021
- A century on from the 1919 influenza inquiry, NZ needs a royal commission into the Covid-19 response - Stuff.co.nz - December 10th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern and the Queen: Forbes reveals 100 most powerful women of 2021 - New Zealand Herald - December 9th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern's Facebook Livestream Gets Interrupted. Her Reaction Is the Best Lesson in Leadership I've Ever Seen - Inc. - December 9th, 2021
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Revealed - The public health advice to have Auckland unshackled by now and why Jacinda Ardern rejected it - New Zealand... - December 9th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern 'would be surprised' if National seeks to change housing deal given new deputy Nicola Willis 'was a part of discussions' - Newshub - December 9th, 2021
- National and ACT call on Ardern to release Groundswell NZ briefing notes - Stuff.co.nz - December 9th, 2021
- ACT Party's boycott of RNZ's Morning Report caused by host comparing one of its policies to eugenics - Newshub - December 9th, 2021
- Dunne Speaks: Question Time Is Anything But - Scoop - December 9th, 2021
- Covid-19 NZ: Most of New Zealand to start at orange, Auckland and lower-vaccinated areas to start at red - Stuff.co.nz - November 28th, 2021
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: PM Jacinda Ardern on Covid, visit to Auckland, and National Party turmoil - New Zealand Herald - November 28th, 2021
- PM Jacinda Ardern: 'Throughout this pandemic one of the hardest things to do has been to plan' - RNZ - November 28th, 2021
- New Zealand PM Ardern backs Five Eyes, open to other alliances - Reuters - November 28th, 2021
- Leadership in the time of Covid is a thankless job, in politics and in sport - Stuff.co.nz - November 28th, 2021
- Time for the National Party to embrace kindness - Stuff.co.nz - November 28th, 2021
- 'Disappointing' National Party needs 'new vision' - Former PM - RNZ - November 28th, 2021
- Jacinda Ardern confident that DHBs will be able to cope with Covid-19 pressures over summer - RNZ - November 21st, 2021