Wednesday, 18 May 2022, 10:25 amPress Release: Shudder
Offseason AShudder Exclusive
Upon receiving a mysterious letter that hermothers grave site has been vandalised, inOffseason, Marie (Jocelin Donahue,Doctor Sleep) quickly returns to the isolatedoffshore island where her late mother is buried. When shearrives, she discovers that the island is closing for theoffseason with the bridges raised until Spring, leaving herstranded. One strange interaction with the local townspeopleafter another, Marie soon realises that something is notquite right in this small town. She must unveil the mysterybehind her mothers troubled past in order to make it outalive. Starring Jocelin Donahue, Joe Swanberg, RichardBrake, Melora Walters and Jeremy Gardner. Writtenand directed by Mickey Keating (CarnagePark).
Mad God A ShudderExclusive
Mad God marks thefeature directorial debut for visionary and Oscar and EmmyAward-winning stop-motion animator and special effectssupervisor Phil Tippett, the creativepowerhouse involved in such classics as RoboCop, StarshipTroopers, Jurassic Park, and Star Wars: A NewHope and The Empire Strikes Back. MadGod is an experimental animated film set in aworld of monsters, mad scientists and war pigs. A corrodeddiving bell descends amidst a ruined city, settling downupon an ominous fortress guarded by zombie-like sentries.The Assassin emerges to explore a labyrinth of bizarre,desolate landscapes inhabited by freakish denizens. Throughunexpected twists and turns, he experiences an evolutionbeyond his wildest comprehension. A labour of love that hastaken 30 years to complete, Mad Godcombines live-action and stop-motion, miniature sets andother innovative techniques to bring Tippett's wholly uniqueand grotesquely beautiful vision to life. Winner - MostGroundbreaking Film, Fantasia International Film Festival.Winner - Jos Luis Guarner Critic's Award - Best Film &Best Visual Effects, Sitges Film Festival. Winner Nocturno Nuove Visioni Award - Best Film, TriesteScience+Fiction Festival. Written and directedby PhilTippett.
Revealer A ShudderOriginal
Tensions rise when a stripper and religiousprotester are trapped together in a peep show booth and mustcome together to survive the apocalypse in 1980s Chicago.Starring Caito Aase (Black Mold) and Shaina Schrooten(Scare Package II: Rad Chads Revenge).Written by popular comic authors Tim Seeley(Hack/Slash, Revival) and MichaelMoreci (Barbaric, The Plot) anddirected by Luke Boyce.
What Keeps YouAlive
On the eve of their one-yearwedding anniversary, Jules and Jackie become embroiled in amerciless fight for their lives when they find themselvespitted against the most unexpected of adversaries: eachother.
In thisfound-footage anthology, a gang of thieves find a stash ofscary home videos, each different in genre and tone.Highlights include David Bruckner's (The Signal)"Amateur Night" about three bros who bring the wrong girlhome for sex; Ti West's (The Innkeepers) "SecondHoneymoon" about a stalker menacing a couple on a road trip;and Joe Swanberg's utterly chilling "The Sick Thing ThatHappened to Emily When She Was Younger" which may freak youout for days.
From the innovativeminds that brought you V/H/S comes V/H/S/2, anall-new anthology of dread, madness, and gore. Searching fora missing student, two private investigators break into hisabandoned house and find a collection of mysterious VHStapes. In viewing the horrific contents of each cassette,they realize there may be terrifying motives behind thestudents disappearance.
Available for the first time on SVOD,cult favorite creature featuresAlligator (1980)and Alligator II: TheMutation (1991) come to Shudder instunning new prints scanned from the original cameranegatives.
Fromdirector Lewis Teague (Cujo) and screenwriter JohnSayles (The Howling) comes an unstoppable thrillerwith bite. A family returning from Florida decides their petbaby alligator is too much to handle and flushes him downthe toilet. Meanwhile, Slade Laboratories is conductingsecret experiments with animals and disposing of them in thesewer. The alligator, fending for itself, begins to feed onthe dead animals, and grows. Now, twelve years later, afterseveral mysterious murders, David Madison (Robert Forster,Jackie Brown) is on the case to find out who ... orwhat ... is killing people.
Alligator II:The Mutation
Deep in the sewers beneaththe city of Regent Park, a baby alligator feeds on theexperimental animals discarded by Future ChemicalsCorporation. Nourished by the toxic growth hormones andother mutating chemicals, the gator grows immense in size... and voracious in appetite. Now, it must kill to survive!It's a classic confrontation between man and beast. Thissequel stars Joseph Bologna (Transylvania 6-5000),Steve Railsback (Lifeforce), Dee Wallace (TheHowling), Richard Lynch (Bad Dreams) and KaneHodder (Jason X).
Under the Skin
Analien of unknown origin arrives on Earth in search of humanprey. Taking the form of the perfect female specimen (playedby Scarlett Johansson), she prowls the streets looking formen to lure into her otherworldly lair. Her victims areseduced, stripped of their skin, and never heard from again.But as time passes, she grows too comfortable in herborrowed skin, placing her very survival atrisk.
It's ChristmasEve. The last employee to leave her office, ambitiouscorporate climber Angela (Rachel Nichols) arrives in thedeserted parking garage only to discover her car won'tstart. She's relieved when Thomas (Wes Bentley), a seeminglyfriendly security guard, comes along and offers to help.Unable to get the engine to start, he invites Angela toshare a small Christmas meal with him. She laughs off theinvitation, but it quickly becomes clear her situation is nolaughing matter. Angered by her refusal, the psychopathicThomas knocks her out and ties her up in his office. Comingto, Angela realizes that the only way she will live to seeChristmas morning is to find a way to escape fromP2.
A grievingcouple are given the chance to resurrect their daughter inthis Irish horror film starring Aidan Gillen of Game ofThrones fame. After Alices accidental death, herparents move to a quaint village to make a fresh start. Butwhen a local offers to perform a ceremony that willtemporarily bring their daughter back, they cant resist.But when Alice returns, she isnt quite herself, ofcourse.
The Woman inBlack
Based on the classic ghost story,The Woman in Black tells the tale of ArthurKipps(Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave hisyoung son and travel to a remote village to attend to theaffairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncoverthe towns tragic and tortured secrets and his fearsescalate when he discovers that local children have beendisappearing under mysterious circumstances. When thoseclosest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman inblack, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle ofterror.
Ablood-soaked man limping down a deserted road is rushed byofficer Carter to a nearby hospital with a skeleton crew.Trapped inside by hooded figures, Carter discovers that thepatients and staff are transforming into somethinginhuman.
TheFreakmakerProfessor Nolter, a collegescience professor who believes it is man's destiny tosurvive an uncertain future by evolving into a hybridplant/human mutation. To test his theories, Noltersupervises the abduction of young co-eds and fuses them withmutant plants he has developed in his laboratory, placinghis rejects in a neighboring freak show (which stars suchreal-life oddities as the Alligator Lady, the Frog Boy, theHuman Pretzel, the Monkey Woman, the Human Pincushion andthe unforgettable"Popeye".
Itsbeen ten years since the lives of siblings Tim and KaylieRussell were shattered and Tim was convicted of murderingtheir parents. Now released from a mental institution, Timwants to move on, but his sister has other plans. Kaylieblames their childhood nightmare on the Lasser Glassanantique mirror with a grisly history which she intends todestroy by any means possible, even as the mysterious entitycontinues to cast sinister spells on anyone who gazes intoit.
Wolf Creek 2
Inthis follow up to outback horror, Wolf Creek 2,deranged serial killer, Mick Taylor (John Jarratt),continues his search for fresh victims in the Australianwilderness. When unsuspecting British tourist, Paul,inadvertently rescues Taylors next victim, the two becomeembroiled in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse. Will Mick beable to survive another day? Wolf Creek 2 focusesmore heavily on the exploits of Mick Taylor than in itspredecessor, creating a darkly funny tale that explores theinnate prejudices found in the Australian outback. Containsstrong language, violence and gore.
TheBye Bye Man
When three college studentsmove into an old house off campus, they unwittingly unleashea supernatural entity known as the Bye By Man, who comes toprey upon htem once they discover his name. The friends msuttry to saveeach other allthe while keeping the Bye ByeMans existence a secret to save others from the deadlyfate.
House ofWax (2005)
A group of friends falls preyto a pair of murderous brothers in an abandoned small town.The friends discover that the psychotic siblings haveexpanded the area's main attraction--the House of Wax--andcreated an entire town filled with the wax-coated corpses ofunlucky visitors. Now the group must find a way out beforeits members also become permanent exhibits in the House ofWax.
In aremote region of the Bering Sea, a boat salvage crewdiscovers the eerie remains of a grand passenger linerthought lost for more than 40 years. But once onboard theeerie, cavernous ship, the crew of the Arctic Warriordiscovers that the decaying vessel is anything but deserted.It's home to something more deadly and horrific thananything they've encountered in all their years atsea.
Queen of theDamned
After a decades-long slumber, thevampire Lestat becomes a rock star whose music awakens thequeen of all vampires, Akasha, who embarks on a mission tomake Lestat her king. But a young London woman with a giftfor the occult falls in love with Lestat and wields a fargreater power than the vampiresexpect.
Clint(Elijah Wood) has just started a new substitute teacher joband hopes to inspire his kids with the beauty of the writtenword. But he doesnt get far before tainted chickennuggets turn his students into savages who gleefully pullthe principals guts out. Now Clint must lead his oldcrush and her colleagues to safety and find a way to reversethe effects of those nasty nuggets before its too late.Jack McBrayer (30 Rock), Jorge Garcia (Lost),Rainn Wilson (The Office) and Alison Pill (TheNewsroom) round out the cast of this gruesome horrorcomedy.
Become a member Get our free pnui
Read the rest here:
- Sources - French prospect Rayan Rupert to play in New Zealand - ESPN - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand take charge of second Test with England left to rue missed chances - The Guardian - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand batters thrive without Williamson and teach England lesson - The Guardian - June 11th, 2022
- Air New Zealand raises annual earnings forecast on improved demand - Reuters - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand plans in tatters after Kane Williamson is ruled out with Covid-19 - The Guardian - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand sets up helpline for adults sexually attracted to children - The Guardian - June 11th, 2022
- I just flew to Sydney, and yes, New Zealand is (still) a hermit kingdom - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- Cheat Sheet: Why is New Zealand so obsessed with the weather? - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- Five of the best small New Zealand towns to visit in June - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- Senior VP Dave Shaw: UFC 'actively trying to get back' to Canada, New Zealand and Australia - MMA Junkie - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand make hay as England suffer from winning good toss to lose - The Guardian - June 11th, 2022
- Bad weather to blame in NZ paraglider Charlotte O'Leary's death in France - New Zealand Herald - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand sweat on Reid fitness ahead of World Cup playoff - Reuters - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand Toast Triple Gold In Mackay | Scoop News - Scoop - June 11th, 2022
- Underplayed to the point of parody, is Daryl Mitchell the uber-Kiwi? - ESPNcricinfo - June 11th, 2022
- How hard is it to lure nurses to New Zealand? - RNZ - June 11th, 2022
- Premium Debate: New Zealand has changed, and not for the better - Bay of Plenty Times - June 11th, 2022
- Is this Auckland property New Zealand's most valuable nugget of land? - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- Heavy rain, snow, tornados to hit parts of New Zealand over the weekend - Newshub - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand Legend Ross Taylor Hints At Possible Return To T20 Cricket - Cricket Addictor - June 11th, 2022
- American Airlines: The decision that led to return to New Zealand - New Zealand Herald - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand Aids Foundation dropping Aids from its name - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand woman placed in abusive foster care wins appeal against deportation from Australia - RNZ - June 11th, 2022
- New Zealand were 'slightly undercooked' at Lord's; they'll come hard in second Test: Nasser Hussain - The New Indian Express - June 11th, 2022
- The best places in New Zealand to work from home - Stuff - June 11th, 2022
- England vs New Zealand live stream: how to watch 1st Test cricket 2022 online from anywhere - TechRadar - June 1st, 2022
- California and New Zealand Partner to Advance Global Climate Leadership | California Governor - Office of Governor Gavin Newsom - June 1st, 2022
- In Advance of New Zealand Borders Reopening, NZ Minister of Education Hipkins Champions Study-Abroad Opportunities in New Zealand - Business Wire - June 1st, 2022
- How to Watch Into the Wild New Zealand Series Premiere: Live Stream, TV Channel, Start Time - Sports Illustrated - June 1st, 2022
- From the Archives | England v New Zealand | Lord's - Lord's - June 1st, 2022
- Southee: 'The Kiwi way is to muck in and get the best out of what we've got' - ESPNcricinfo - June 1st, 2022
- Major New Zealand salmon producer shuts farms as warming waters cause mass die-offs - The Guardian - June 1st, 2022
- Kane Williamson working out who is ready to go for New Zealand - The Independent - June 1st, 2022
- Winner of Miss Teen New Zealand pageant has her sights set on overseas - Stuff - June 1st, 2022
- Stinky seaweed is clogging Caribbean beaches but a New Zealand solution could turn it into green power and fertiliser - Stuff - June 1st, 2022
- Resurgent COVID-19, flu and other viruses are pushing New Zealand's health system to the limit and now winter is coming - The Conversation Indonesia - June 1st, 2022
- New footage of flying air taxis coming to New Zealand - Stuff - June 1st, 2022
- West Coast cave closed to protect New Zealand's weirdest spider - New Zealand Herald - June 1st, 2022
- One-quarter of New Zealand police officers now women - Newshub - June 1st, 2022
- Petrol on the Fire: The two words from a Prime Minister that set off a fierce reaction Chapter 3: Spies and Brides - Stuff - June 1st, 2022
- Matariki celebrations and New Zealand winter warmers to add to the calendar - New Zealand Herald - June 1st, 2022
- Gregor Paul: The many red flags in NZ Rugby's Silver Lake deal - New Zealand Herald - June 1st, 2022
- New Zealand again falls short of meeting commitment to refugees - Stuff - June 1st, 2022
- New Zealand to train Ukrainians on L119 howitzer - DefenseNews.com - May 25th, 2022
- I thought I was imagining things: New Zealand readers on close encounters with city birds - The Guardian - May 25th, 2022
- New Zealand has just joined an overtly anti-China alliance are the economic risks worth it? - The Conversation Indonesia - May 25th, 2022
- Reader call-out: What are your best memories of New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street? - The Guardian - May 25th, 2022
- Price of New Zealand passport rises - 1News - May 25th, 2022
- More people leaving New Zealand than entering as young flee high cost of living - The Guardian - May 25th, 2022
- New Zealands promised action on climate is nothing more than a tottering babys first steps - The Guardian - May 25th, 2022
- How will the Australia-New Zealand relationship change? - RNZ - May 25th, 2022
- Livestreams of Mass Shootings: From Buffalo to New Zealand - The New York Times - May 25th, 2022
- WWF-New Zealand: New Tech Is A Win-Win For Conservation And Fisheries | Scoop News - Scoop - May 25th, 2022
- New Zealand participation at World Expo crucial to build 'soft power' globally - Stuff - May 25th, 2022
- New Zealand Coastal Shipping Boost Biggest Turnaround This Century | Scoop News - Scoop - May 25th, 2022
- New Zealand Leads Medical Breakthrough In Oxygen Therapy | Scoop News - Scoop - May 25th, 2022
- Kane Williamson Set To Join New Zealand Team Ahead Of Test Series Against England - Cricket Addictor - May 25th, 2022
- Unicef report finds if everyone consumed resources like New Zealand, we would need 2.7 Earths to keep up with consumption - Newshub - May 25th, 2022
- How the Bay of Plenty could be one of New Zealand's best food destinations - New Zealand Herald - May 25th, 2022
- Dukes balls criticised ahead of New Zealand's three-test series versus England - Stuff - May 25th, 2022
- England v New Zealand live stream and team news: Ben Stokes to start role as captain against Kane... - talkSPORT - May 25th, 2022
- Coroner to open investigation into death of New Zealander Joseph Day this week - New Zealand Herald - May 25th, 2022
- Sickness season: How is New Zealand tracking with non-Covid illnesses? - New Zealand Herald - May 25th, 2022
- Gregor Paul: How New Zealand's drop goal stigma is handing an advantage to the North - New Zealand Herald - May 25th, 2022
- Covid-19 update: 17 further deaths, 7800 cases reported in New Zealand - RNZ - May 25th, 2022
- Head of Qualitative Practice be the heartbeat of Qual, Auckland, New Zealand - B&T - May 25th, 2022
- Tall poppy syndrome and 'proudly local': The things Kiwi expats notice about New Zealand that tourists don't - Stuff - May 21st, 2022
- Obituary - David Ian Pool: The Father of Aotearoa New Zealand Demography - Stuff - May 21st, 2022
- New Zealand battered by machine gun tornado - PerthNow - May 21st, 2022
- 30 years on... The unveiling of a New Zealand sporting great - Stuff - May 21st, 2022
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022: New Zealand announce 18-strong athletics team - New Zealand Herald - May 21st, 2022
- MMMBop hitmakers Hanson to play one New Zealand show in November - Stuff - May 21st, 2022
- New Zealand overtourism: Residents invite tourists to 'tread lightly and leave no trace' - Euronews - May 21st, 2022
- Former New Zealand Women Cricketer Katey Martin Reveals Reason Behind Early Retirement - Cricketnmore - May 21st, 2022
- Special Ukraine visa: Jump in the number of people seeking refuge in NZ - RNZ - May 21st, 2022
- Former lock picker and hacker to represent New Zealand at global cyber security event - Newshub - May 21st, 2022
- We need to spend billions replacing old hospitals - so who should pay? - Stuff - May 21st, 2022
- Massive 6.7 magnitude earthquake hits near New Zealand and Australia prompting Tsunami fears... - The US Sun - May 21st, 2022
- Easy ride to mental health - New Zealand News - New Zealand Herald - May 21st, 2022
- Snowfall warnings as severe 'winter blast' bears down on New Zealand - Stuff - May 21st, 2022