Te Raekura Redcliffs School in Christchurch won the Supreme Award at the New Zealand Commercial Project 2021 Awards.
For almost a decade the New Zealand Commercial Project Awards have celebrated teamwork, collaboration, and outstanding buildings in the commercial construction sector.
With entries now open for the 2022 New Zealand Commercial Project Awards all architects, building owners, designers, engineers, and contractors are being called on to enter.
The NZ Commercial Project Awards is the only competition of its type in New Zealand. "The awards are a moment for us to celebrate and acknowledge the project teams and partners behind New Zealand's best commercial buildings," says Master Builder's president, Kerry Archer.
In its 10th year of the competition, the New Zealand Commercial Project Awards are proudly owned by Registered Master Builders yet you don't need to be a Master Builder to enter. The competition is open to all New Zealand based commercial construction project partners.
"The awards are designed to shine a light on New Zealand's buildings and the skilled teams behind them," explains Archer. "Commercial buildings play a big part in our lives - from apartments, to schools, offices, hospitals, libraries and entertainment facilities. The way these buildings are designed and built make a difference to every New Zealander. This is reflected in the vast range of New Zealand's buildings and projects that are entered into the 10 different award categories."
"The awards have something for everyone, both big and small. To address the misconception that commercial just means large and high value, this year we have expanded the Value Awards to include smaller value projects which are just as important to our communities," says Archer.
"These changes will allow smaller contractors to showcase their local projects to national clients who operate all around New Zealand, as well as celebrating the very best of our larger builds.
"The awards recognise the project team's collaboration, innovation, quality and how they overcame challenges of the project together. It is not about the size of the project or the size of the budget."
All entries are judged by a small but accomplished panel of judges - a commercial contractor and one other experienced member of the construction industry.
NZ Commercial Project Award judge and architect, Rod Macdiarmid says it was pleasing to see last year's competition entries have a focus on both managing carbon emissions and improving site safety. "Companies are putting in more effort to measure and manage their own emissions across all operations, even vehicle fleets. It is also positive to see waste management becoming a normal practise with a greater focus on waste separation."
The judges were also impressed by the focus of the project teams on on-site safety, crediting much of this down to new technology.
"A key development we noticed was the use of apps to record near-miss incidents. This technology means the record can be anonymised, taking away the fear that can come with reporting incidents. We hope to see these trends continue to grow in this year's entries," says Macdiarmid.
The Awards are made possible through the support of Altus Window Systems, CARTERS, Construction Marketing Services, GIB, and Resene.
Entries are now open.For more information about the competition and to enter visit commercialprojectawards.co.nz.
Go here to see the original:
- Housing: New Zealand prices to calm next year before fall - poll - Newshub - November 28th, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Confident Pakistan ready to seek revenge ... - November 28th, 2021
- Rohit Sharma leading India is a big change, we all are ... - November 28th, 2021
- In New Zealand, Tangata Whenua Marks The People There First - Foreign Policy - November 28th, 2021
- Dell hones focus on New Zealand market with country manager appointment - ZDNet - November 28th, 2021
- Coronavirus: New Zealand in 'good position' to combat new Omicron variant - Ministry of Health - Newshub - November 28th, 2021
- 'I would like to give the Kiwis the last 45-30 mins to bat': Karthik predicts the target India will set for New Zealand - Hindustan Times - November 28th, 2021
- Tricor Group Completes Acquisition of NZGT Holding Company Limited, A Leading Corporate Trustee and Fund Supervisor in New Zealand with NZ$250 Billion... - November 28th, 2021
- New Zealand opposition leader Judith Collins ousted after move to demote rival backfires - The Guardian - November 28th, 2021
- 'You are free': What it felt like to flee Afghanistan for a new life in New Zealand - Stuff.co.nz - November 28th, 2021
- India vs New Zealand: Irfan Pathan Explains Why Shubman Gill Will Have To "Work On His Technique" - NDTVSports.com - November 28th, 2021
- Air New Zealand Supports Sustainably Endorsed Tourism Businesses In New Zealand | Scoop News - Scoop - November 28th, 2021
- Shreyas Iyer Reveals What Rahul Dravid Instructed Him To Do On Day 4 Of Kanpur Test vs New Zealand - NDTVSports.com - November 28th, 2021
- COVID-19 expert explains why New Zealand is 'well-placed to manage threat' of new South African variant - Newshub - November 28th, 2021
- India's 5 Biggest Wins vs New Zealand In Tests - Cricket Addictor - November 28th, 2021
- New Zealand 'deeply concerned' over Solomon Islands riots - RNZ - November 28th, 2021
- Air New Zealand cancels more than 1000 flights as New Zealand shifts to living with COVID-19 - 9News - November 28th, 2021
- Good and bad news for New Zealand sport after Government's MIQ announcement; Super Rugby Pacific in doubt - New Zealand Herald - November 28th, 2021
- Whey too expensive: New Zealand cheese lovers forced to eke out supplies as prices jump - theguardian.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Bangladesh's Tamim ruled out of New Zealand tour - report - Reuters - November 23rd, 2021
- Princess Announces 2023-2024 Cruises and Cruisetours From Australia and New Zealand - Cruise Industry News - November 23rd, 2021
- Twelve-year low leaves powerless New Zealand in need of urgent recharge - The Telegraph - November 23rd, 2021
- New Zealand-based oyster-farming system FlipFarm takes home GSA innovation award - SeafoodSource - November 23rd, 2021
- New Zealand's climate change regulation is messy and complex -- heres how to improve it - The Conversation AU - November 23rd, 2021
- Are New Zealands universities doing enough to define the limits of academic freedom? - The Conversation AU - November 23rd, 2021
- Club behind Team New Zealand gets venue petition - RNZ - November 23rd, 2021
- New Zealand Breakers camp hit by Covid-19 - RNZ - November 23rd, 2021
- It's time to imagine New Zealand without production animals - Stuff.co.nz - November 23rd, 2021
- Indian New Zealanders amongst the most highly-vaccinated in the country - RNZ - November 23rd, 2021
- The Detail: What will living with Covid look like in the future? - Stuff.co.nz - November 23rd, 2021
- Newshub-Reid Research poll: Half of New Zealand doesn't support Three Waters reforms - Newshub - November 23rd, 2021
- Summer arrives early this year in New Zealand - The Bay's News First - SunLive - November 23rd, 2021
- Disposable masks washed 10 times still more protective than triple-layer fabric masks - study - RNZ - November 23rd, 2021
- Covid-19: How New Zealand's vaccine restrictions compare to those overseas - Stuff.co.nz - November 23rd, 2021
- Unusual bedfellows: how gangs are pushing New Zealands Covid vaccination drive - The Guardian - November 21st, 2021
- France stand firm to seal first victory over New Zealand for 12 years - The Guardian - November 21st, 2021
- India sweep T20 series against New Zealand to kick off Dravid era - Reuters India - November 21st, 2021
- Dissent, threats and fury: mood darkens in New Zealand as Covid restrictions bite - The Guardian - November 21st, 2021
- Benee to kick off World Tour with 10 New Zealand shows in 2022 - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- Ross Taylor: 'Any time you play India at home, you're going to be the underdogs' - ESPNcricinfo.com - November 21st, 2021
- Travel bites: On the hunt for New Zealand's best brownie - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- India vs New Zealand: Ready to be flexible and bat wherever team wants me to - Venkatesh Iyer - India Today - November 21st, 2021
- krito, West Coast: One of the best natural wonders in New Zealand - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- India beat New Zealand by 73 runs in third T20I, seal series 3-0 - Business Standard - November 21st, 2021
- Groundswell NZ's 'Mother of all Protests' takes steps to avoid being hijacked by anti-vaxxers - New Zealand Herald - November 21st, 2021
- Leprosy still exists in New Zealand, with new cases in Canterbury - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- 'If I was New Zealand supporter, I would have demanded a refund': Gambhir lashes out on NZ's T20 WC final's performance - Hindustan Times - November 21st, 2021
- Opinion: We need to remember what New Zealand represents to the world - New Zealand Herald - November 21st, 2021
- Cycling NZ CEO Jacques Landry quits after three years in job - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- Stead admits NZ are facing a 'tough and challenging' schedule - ESPNcricinfo.com - November 21st, 2021
- 'Wicket in Kolkata will suit him': Gautam Gambhir looks forward to one change in India's XI for 3rd T20I vs New Zealand - Hindustan Times - November 21st, 2021
- Live Covid-19 updates for 22 November - all you need to know - RNZ - November 21st, 2021
- New Zealand Cricket wants the Black Caps to be the All Blacks of the cricketing world - Stuff.co.nz - November 21st, 2021
- New Zealand's Biggest City Is to Ease Lockdown Restrictions - The New York Times - November 9th, 2021
- Another global showpiece, another England-New Zealand scrap - Reuters UK - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealand finally welcomes godwit two months after it was blown 2,000km back to Alaska - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- Eoin Morgan admits England injuries favour New Zealand at T20 World Cup - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealand warns of economic vulnerabilities in the Pacific - Reuters - November 9th, 2021
- What channel is Ireland v New Zealand Autumn Internationals match on? Kick off time, TV and live stream - Radio Times - November 9th, 2021
- Doug the ugly New Zealand potato could be world's biggest - Associated Press - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealands Mitchell Santner: I dont think 2019 will come up much - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- How Mori knowledge could help New Zealanders turn their concern for the environment into action - The Conversation AU - November 9th, 2021
- An asylum seeker from Myanmar was rescued by New Zealand after jumping from a cargo ship and surviving 23 hours in the freezing ocean - Yahoo News - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealand Trotting Cup: Copy That topples favourite Self Assured at Addington - Stuff.co.nz - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealand supports Taiwan's inclusion in CPTPP - Taiwan News - November 9th, 2021
- WHO warns of massive syringe shortfall in 2022 - RTE.ie - November 9th, 2021
- Experienced heads need to drive it against New Zealand - RTE.ie - November 9th, 2021
- Warriors confirmed for five NRL games in New Zealand in 2022 - Stuff.co.nz - November 9th, 2021
- New Zealand romp to record-breaking win over Italy - RTE.ie - November 9th, 2021
- India vs New Zealand: Reason why Hardik Pandya isnt picked in T20I squad - CricTracker - November 9th, 2021
- COP26: Could New Zealand be forced to take more climate action? - Stuff.co.nz - November 9th, 2021
- England vs New Zealand LIVE: Result, final score and reaction from womens rugby Test today - The Independent - November 7th, 2021
- Doug the ugly New Zealand potato could be worlds biggest - NBC2 News - November 7th, 2021
- Covid-19 update: 113 new community cases in New Zealand today - RNZ - November 7th, 2021
- Why Asia must be invited when New Zealand reopens - Stuff.co.nz - November 7th, 2021
- New Zealand seals off northern region over suspected spread of COVID-19 - Reuters - November 7th, 2021
- End of Life Choice Act takes effect in New Zealand - RNZ - November 7th, 2021
- Wet and wild the story of New Zealand's extreme weather - Stuff.co.nz - November 7th, 2021
- Small town New Zealand's contribution to World War 1 explored in new book - Stuff.co.nz - November 7th, 2021
- New Zealand's APEC moment is virtually here - Newshub - November 7th, 2021