The times they are a-changing, folks.
Ten years ago, the only so-called drugs you could legally take in public were alcohol and tobacco.
Over the past decade, marijuana got added to that list across a variety of states in America as well as multiple countries across the globe, including Canada and Mexico.
And just last week, psychedelics were added to the list in California.
Thats right. In a landmark ruling last week, California bill SB519 to decriminalize possession of psychedelics passed the state senate by a 21-16 vote. Going forward, persons aged 21 years and older in Americas most populous state can legally possess psychedelics for personal use and social sharing.
Thats pretty wild
We went from having just two legally accessible drugs for decades, to having more than half a dozen in just five years. And that half a dozen includes stuff like magic mushrooms that, for years, were frowned upon in society as taboo.
Whats going on here?
The scientific truth is emerging.
You see things like marijuana and magic mushrooms werent always considered bad for you and the emergence of their negative stigma was not rooted in good science, but rather in bad politics.
Lets rewind 70 years.
Back in the 1950s, a group of pioneering psychiatrists in California led by Humphry Osmond were actively experimenting with psychedelics. They found that the hallucinogenic drugs had immense therapeutic potential.
But, for various reasons, psychedelics and marijuana became staples of the emergence of hippie culture in the 1960s. And the government didnt like hippie culture. It was a direct threat to their power. So, then-U.S. President Richard Nixon declared a war on drugs which was basically just a war on hippie culture to preserve government power and in 1970, both marijuana and psychedelics landed on the U.S. governments Schedule 1 drug list.
Everyone listened to the government, and over the next several decades, the world just assumed that marijuana and psychedelics were bad for you even though early science said the opposite.
But things started to change in the early 2010s.
It was around this time that the academic world began to re-explore the therapeutic potential of psychedelics, amid a broader movement to legalize and destigmatize marijuana.
And what the academic world uncovered was stunning
A pair of recent Johns Hopkins studies have found that the active ingredient in magic mushrooms (something called psilocybin) can significantly help with smoking cessation and reducing alcohol dependence.
An even more recent Johns Hopkins study published in 2020 found that psilocybin can relieve anxiety and depression levels in people with life-threatening cancer diagnoses four-times better than traditional antidepressants on the market.
That finding corroborates a previous NYU study, which found that psilocybin causes a rapid and sustained reduction in anxiety and depression levels in cancer patients.
Meanwhile, a recent UC Davis study found that psychedelic micro-dosing can produce beneficial behavioral effects in patient with mental health disorders.
And, most recently, an Imperial College London study published just two months ago found that psilocybin is better and faster at treating depression than Lexapro, a leading antidepressant treatment today.
The list of academic studies goes on and on.
They are all coming to the same conclusion: Psychedelic-inspired medicines particularly psilocybin have robust therapeutic potential.
Magic mushrooms arent just drugs that hippies took back in the 1960s. Thats a bad, antiquated political take. The science here shows that they are the key to curing mental health disorders, eradicating depression, fixing PTSD, and alleviating addiction.
Folks this is major science is trumping politics and as a result, we could be on the cusp of fixing mental health disorders once and for all.
But one big hurdle remains: The long arm of the law.
Fortunately, this isnt 1970 anymore. And with the academic research coming to an indisputable conclusion and mental health awareness on the rise, the legal landscape is starting to peel back antiquated laws that were put in place 50 years ago
As stated above, California just decriminalized possession of psychedelics. That state isnt alone. Before them, Oregon and Washington D.C. did the exact same thing during in November of 2020.
Canada is on the cusp of doing the same thing. The governor of Connecticut just signed legislation to carry out a study into the therapeutic potential of psilocybin mushrooms. The Seattle City Council asked the Overdose Emergency and Innovative Recovery Task Force to explore creating more open policies on psychedelics.
The sands are shifting. The Shroom Boom is coming.
This is great news for the world, because it means that tens of thousands of lives will be saved every single year as pysch-inspired medicines give those people a better chance at beating depression, addiction, PTSD, and anxiety.
But this is also great news for you as a hypergrowth investor.
Because in creating a superior treatment for mental health disorders, the Shroom Boom will give birth to a multi-hundred-billion-dollar industry and you can get in on the ground-floor of this investment megatrend by buying the right stocks today.
But, alas, heres the million-dollar question: What are the best psychedelic stocks to buy today?
Actually, Ill one-up you there why dont I just tell you about the #1 stock to buy for this Shroom Boom?
Because, truth be told, there is one company that is head and shoulders above everyone else in this space.
This is the largest company in the psychedelic-inspired medicine space
It has the industrys leading psilocybin treatment which is currently going through Phase 2B trials
Its board includes the former Chairman of Johnson & Johnson, the former Director of the U.S. National Institute of Mental Healthy, and the former executive director of the EMA, as well as leading psychiatry professors from Stanford, Harvard, and Imperial College London
It has won the backing of legendary VC investor Peter Thiel, who is famously known as Facebooks first investor.
This company is the golden goose in the psychedelic-inspired medicine industry.
And its stock is the #1 stock to buy to play the Shroom Boom I actually think this stock is going to more than triple over the next ~6 months alone.
To get the name, ticker symbol, and key business details of this explosive investment opportunity and potentially triple your money before the end of the year, click here.
Your next big stock market winner is hiding right behind that link
On the date of publication, Luke Lango did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.
By uncovering early investments in hypergrowth industries, Luke Lango puts you on the ground-floor of world-changing megatrends. Its the theme of his premiere technology-focused service, Innovation Investor. To see Lukes entire lineup of innovative cutting-edge stocks, become a subscriber of Innovation Investor today.
Originally posted here:
- Sex, psychedelics and murderous impulses: Do we know too much about Will Smith? - The Independent - November 7th, 2021
- PharmaDrug commissions TIBI for advancing psychedelics program with analogue DMT formulation to cure eye diseases - Proactive Investors USA - November 7th, 2021
- I Have $1,000. Should I Invest In Cannabis, Crypto Or Psychedelics? - Benzinga - Benzinga - November 7th, 2021
- Psychedelics Could Be New Frontier in End-of-Life Care - Hospice News - November 5th, 2021
- Detroit just decriminalized psychedelics and magic mushrooms. Heres what that means - PBS NewsHour - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelics linked to lower risk of heart disease and diabetes - Medical News Today - November 5th, 2021
- The people turning to psychedelics on their deathbeds - The Independent - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelic Therapy Is Hyped, But Its Not Risk-Free: How Therapy Abuse Can Retraumatize Clients - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- Defeating Gambling Addiction: New Study Looks To Defy The Odds With Psychedelics - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Unicorn's Stock Is Up 50% In One MonthBeating Bitcoin, Ethereum And Dogecoin - Benzing - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Stock Was Up More Than 20% Last Week, Outperforming Tesla, Nvidia and GameStop - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- Biglaw Associate Is Advocating For Therapeutic Use Of Psychedelics And The Firm Is Backing Him Up - Above the Law - November 5th, 2021
- Easthampton is the fourth city in Mass. to vote to decriminalize psychedelics - WBUR - October 24th, 2021
- There Could Be a Curious Link Between Psychedelics And Improved Heart Health - ScienceAlert - October 24th, 2021
- How Atai Is Transforming The Landscape Of Mental Health Using Psychedelics (Part 2) - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- A recent history of therapeutic psychedelics - Toronto Life - October 24th, 2021
- New Research Hints at a Link Between Psychedelics and Improved Heart Health - The Swaddle - October 24th, 2021
- Why Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Has Gone Mainstream - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- Ketamine and psilocybin, better known as party drugs, showing promise for treatment of mood disorders - CTV News - October 24th, 2021
- Recent progress in psychedelic therapies - Lexology - October 24th, 2021
- Miracles and medication: The new science of psychedelic drugs - Stuff.co.nz - October 24th, 2021
- UAB researcher granted federal funding for psilocybin and smoking study - The Mix - October 24th, 2021
- Yale researchers using psychedelics to find new treatments for depression - WTNH.com - September 17th, 2021
- Want Quick Exposure To The Psychedelics Sector? Check Out This New Active ETF - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- 5 things to know about the Ann Arbor psychedelic shroom fest - MLive.com - September 17th, 2021
- A Look At Psychedelics Stock PharmaTher And Its Recent Bull Run - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- Differentiated Approach in Psychedelics Boosts Confidence in Upcoming Clinical Trials for Tryp Therapeutics Inc. (CSE: TRYP) (OTCQB: TRYPF) -... - September 17th, 2021
- Psychedelics research and public education elevated by multiple gifts - UC Berkeley - September 16th, 2021
- Pain Awareness Month: Psychable Educates Patients on Transformative Power of Using Psychedelics as Medicine for Pain Treatment, Management and Healing... - September 16th, 2021
- $80 Million Granted to Research Psychedelic Properties of Ingesting Toad Venom - Newsweek - September 16th, 2021
- Psychedelic Use on the Rise As Gen Z Seeks To Enhance Connectedness - VICE UK - September 16th, 2021
- Phyto Partners Cannabis VC on Why He's Investing in Psychedelics - Business Insider - September 16th, 2021
- Detroit Voters Will Decide On Psychedelics Decriminalization Ballot Measure In November - Marijuana Moment - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle bid to decriminalize psychedelics could have profound effect on treating addiction - MyNorthwest.com - September 16th, 2021
- Post-9/11 vets go to Mexico to treat trauma with psychedelic - The San Diego Union-Tribune - September 16th, 2021
- Lobe Sciences to Participate at the Advances in Me... | INN - Investing News Network - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle is now in the process of legalizing psychedelics, heres what to know - Curiocity - September 16th, 2021
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Suicide Remains a Leading Global Cause of Death; Communities Across the World Seek Expanded Use of Psychedelics as... - September 16th, 2021
- Psilocybin Transdermal Patches Could Be The Next Big Thing In Psychedelics - Forbes - September 1st, 2021
- Psychedelics are getting closer to approval, but the market may not be ready - FierceBiotech - August 22nd, 2021
- At-Home Genetic Testing Cant Tell You If Youre Going to Have a Bad Trip - VICE - August 22nd, 2021
- Past, Present & Future of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: A New Dawn for Mental Health and Neuroscience - cmc.edu - August 22nd, 2021
- Researchers breaking away from the central dogma of depression - STAT - STAT - August 22nd, 2021
- When did humans start experimenting with alcohol and drugs? - EL PAS in English - August 22nd, 2021
- Origin Therapeutics Will Invest $5.1M In Psychedelics Startups - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2021
- GR is getting close to decriminalizing psychedelic plants and fungi - Fox17 - August 14th, 2021
- PsychedelicNewsBreaks Microdose Psychedelic Insights to Deep Dive into World of Psychedelic Medicine Investment at Upcoming Conference -... - August 14th, 2021
- Bexson Biomedical Launches New Project, Applying Subcutaneous Delivery Technology To Multiple Psychedelic Compounds For Therapeutic Use - PRNewswire - August 14th, 2021
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Talks Psychedelic Mushrooms And The Weird World Of Fungi On His Podcast - IFLScience - August 14th, 2021
- Delic Announces Luke Storey, Transformation Coach and Creator/Host of Thought-Provoking Podcast, The Life Stylist to Speak at Meet Delic: The World's... - August 14th, 2021
- Tryp Therapeutics Inc. (CSE: TRYP) (OTCQB: TRYPF) CEO Shares Insights on the Psychedelics Space on The Dealmaker Podcast - StreetInsider.com - August 14th, 2021
- Cybin Inc. Announces 2021 First Quarter Financial Results and Business Highlights - Business Wire - August 14th, 2021
- Biomind Labs Files Patent Application in the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Its 4th Patent Application - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2021
- Researchers Concerned About Whitewashing of Psychedelic-Assisted Mental Health Research - Mad In America - James Moore - August 6th, 2021
- Cybin Becomes First Psychedelics Company On The NYSE: CEO Explains Everything You Need To Know - Yahoo Finance - August 6th, 2021
- Guide to the psychedelics industry: Companies, investors, science - Business Insider - August 6th, 2021
- Three Additional Cities Across The Country Are Considering Decriminalizing Psychedelics - Yahoo Finance - August 6th, 2021
- Taking psychedelics while on lithium may increase risk of seizures, bad trips: study - The GrowthOp - August 6th, 2021
- B.C. non-profit challenges Health Canada to end 50-year prohibition on magic mushrooms - CBC.ca - August 6th, 2021
- First-ever research centre for psychedelic drug therapy is opening in Australia - Mixmag - August 6th, 2021
- New poll shows a strong base of Canadians overwhelmingly support controlled legal access to psilocybin-assisted - GlobeNewswire - August 6th, 2021
- Could psychedelic drugs revolutionise mental health care in the UK? - ITV News - August 6th, 2021
- Filament Health is the First Public Company to be Issued a Patent for Extraction of Natural Psilocybin - Yahoo Finance - August 6th, 2021
- Are Psychedelics Legal In The US? Where Are They Decriminalized? A Deep Dive Into The Legal Status of Psilocybin, MDMA, LSD, Ketamine And More - Yahoo... - August 2nd, 2021
- Banfield: Experts weigh in on the often misunderstood world of psychedelics - NewsNation Now - August 2nd, 2021
- Vancouver company receives federal licence to work with all natural psychedelics, including ayahuasca - The GrowthOp - August 2nd, 2021
- At one with the universe: How can psychedelic drugs help treat suffering? - Sydney Morning Herald - August 2nd, 2021
- Analysis Suggests No Link Between Psychedelics and the Onset of Mental Health Conditions - StreetInsider.com - August 2nd, 2021
- Nasdaq-listed MindMed Launches Human Trials OnDMT, The Psychedelic Ingredient In Ayahuasca - Forbes - August 2nd, 2021
- MindMed Leverages Ayahuasca's Ingredient DMT In Psychedelic-Inspired Therapies, Launches Trials With 30 Subjects - Markets Insider - August 2nd, 2021
- A trip to the doctor: A personal experience of how psychedelics are transforming mental health therapies - The Monthly - August 2nd, 2021
- Johns Hopkins Scientists Give Psychedelics the Serious ... - July 25th, 2021
- Psychedelics Get a New Look, and PTSD Sufferers Might Have ... - July 25th, 2021
- Why Seelos Therapeutics Stock Is Jumping Today | The ... - July 25th, 2021
- Psychedelic trips could soon be part of therapy heres what those sessions will look like - CNBC - July 25th, 2021
- AOC Promotes Research On Benefits Of Psychedelics Like Psilocybin And MDMA With New Amendment - Marijuana Moment - July 25th, 2021
- Michael Pollan on psychedelics and Americas dysfunctional relationship with drugs - Vox.com - July 25th, 2021
- Is It Too Early to Invest in Psychedelic Stocks? - The Motley Fool - July 25th, 2021
- Can Psychedelics Be Used to Treat Fibromyalgia? - Pain News Network - July 25th, 2021
- Psychedelics Gain More Traction as New Research Aims to Address Chronic Pain and Mental Illness - PRNewswire - July 25th, 2021