Compass Pathways (Mostly) Wins their Comp 360 Patent Battle
The biggest story in psychedelic stock news this week, is that Compass Pathways (Nasdaq: CMPS) appears to have won the patent battles surrounding their Comp 360 molecule. Earlier, the company had been granted two patents covering the synthetic psilocybin, but they were being challenged in the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
The crux of the issue was whether Comp 360 is a novel compound that hasnt been created before, or whether it had previously existed in the public domain. The Board ruled in Compass favor, saying that Comp 360 was in fact novel. This means the patents hold, and can not be challenged in court. The decision was final, and can not be appealed.
To learn more about this decision, and its implications on competition in the psychedelic medicines industry, read Compass Pathways Psilocybin Patent Upheld.
Next up in psychedelic stock news, MindMed (NEO: MMED, Nasdaq: MNMD) has been granted a patent for the practice commonly referred to as Candy Flipping by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. As reported by Graham Pechenik, Editor-at-Large for Psychedelic Alpha, MindMeds patent gives them claims to a composition comprising an empathogen/entactogen and a psychedelic in the same single oral dosage form.
Essentially, this means MindMed has the sole right to combine empathogens (such as MDMA) and psychedelics (such as LSD) into the same single oral dosage form. As Pechenik writes, the patent also covers how such a combination will be used, including in the treatment of psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety, anxiety related to life-threatening disease, OCD, personality disorder, and addiction.
This patent will likely be controversial, as the act of combining LSD and MDMA has been done recreationally for decades. MindMed says the difference lies in the fact that their invention is that both drugs reside within the same single oral dosage form, whereas Recreational users use MDMA & LSD in separate dosage forms.
The patent will also cover the combinations of other empathogens (ex: MDA; MDEA; MDAI; and 3-MMC) with other psychedelics (ex: mescaline; and DMT).
To learn more, read Graham Pecheniks Twitter thread.
Numinus Wellness (TSE:NUMI, OTCMKTS: NUMIF) has filed a patent application to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for a rapid production process for Psilocybe and other fungi species containing psilocybin and other compounds.
The company had already filed a patent for the same process in the USA, but if this new application is granted, patent protection would extend to all WIPO member states that have signed the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), including Australia, Germany, Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
According to Numinus, the production process they are attempting to patent will significantly increase production of therapeutics for use in psychedelic-assisted therapy, while reducing product variability, increasing production efficiency and ultimately reducing commercialization costs.
Numinus thesis is that naturally produced psilocybin will be more cost-effective than synthetic psilocybin, and thus are trying to perfect the production process for psilocybe fungi.
Continuing with psychedelic stock news, Cybin (NEO: CYBN, NYSE American: CYBN) released financial data for the quarter and fiscal year that ended on March 31st, 2022.
As of March 31st, Cybin had C$53.6 million in cash and cash equivalents.
The net loss for the quarter was C$18.1 million, though C$5.1 million of that was non-cash expenses. Extrapolating into the future, if Cybin were to hold its cash expenditures steady at C$13.0 million per quarter, the company will have enough money for 1 year of operations. Though the company states that C$3.8 million were one-time, non-recurring costs, there are always various one-time costs, so I did not remove these from the calculation.
For the year, Cybin had a net loss of C$67.6 million, of which C$21.8 million were non-cash expenses.
Given these numbers, it seems likely that within a year Cybin will have to raise capital.
Mindset Pharma (CSE: MSET, FSE: 9DF, OTCQB: MSSTF) this week announced that they have entered into an innovative research collaboration with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. The Toronto-based hospital and Mindset will run a preclinical study on Mindsets patented next-generation psilocybin molecule, MSP-1014.
The study will investigate how macro and micro doses of both MSP-1014 and classical psilocybin modulate expression levels of molecular biomarkers of brain plasticity in rats. The goal is to understand how changes in biomarkers can cause behavioral changes associated with a single psychedelic experience and develop molecular insights into the magnitude of effects of its lead compound, MSP-1014, compared to psilocybin.
Mindset Pharma says that MSP-1014 has the potential to be a stronger, safer, more cost-effective alternative to psilocybin. This will be tested in future human clinical trials.
This week, Red Light Holland (CSE: TRIP, FSE: 4YX, OTC Pink: TRUFF) announced that they have closed their previously announced acquisition of 100 acres of farmland located in the township of Cavan-Monaghan in Peterborough, Ontario. The company paid C$1.85 million for the land.
Red Light plans to develop the Farm into approximately 65,000 sq. feet of two Mushroom production facilities, with the help of Acadian Exotic Mushrooms, a company that is majority-owned by Red Light. Construction is slated to begin this summer.
Speaking on the acquisition, and Red Lights cash position, Todd Shapiro, CEO and Director of Red Light, said We are extremely confident at Red Light because of how prudent we have been at running our psychedelic business, preserving cash at a time when most of our peers are straining to attract new capital. Red Light Holland, on the other hand, has a significant cash position as we are clearly focused on increasing revenues while having a strategic and aligned plan to grow, in order to weather difficult markets and harder economic times.
Optimi Health Requests Approval To Manufacture MDMA, Other Synthetic Psychedelics
This week, Optimi Health Corp. (CSE: OPTI, OTCQX: OPTHF, FRA: 8BN) submitted a request with Health Canada for an amendment to its Controlled Substances Dealers Licence.
The company, which already can manufacture and sell naturally derived psilocybin, is requesting its license be expanded to include the synthetic production of compounds such as MDMA, DMT, LSD, mescaline, and ketamine.
The company says that this move aligns with Optimis planned year of commercialization, allowing the Company to maximize revenue-generating opportunities through standardized psychedelic drug testing, R&D, and product development through approved clinical trials and exemption-based applications.
This week, Tryp Therapeutics (CSE: TRYP, OTCQB: TRYPF) announced that Sid Taubenfeld, a seasoned executive with healthcare and biotech expertise, has become their new Chief Operating Officer.
Before joining Tryp, Taubenfeld served as the CEO of Tikun Olam Pharma, an Israeli medical cannabis company.
According to Tryp, Sids primary responsibilities will include developing the organizations long-term vision and strategy alongside the CEO and Board; ensuring that the company operates effectively and efficiently in all areas; and helping ensure a high-performing portfolio and psychedelic medicine advancements at Tryp.
BetterLife Pharma (CSE: BETR, OTCQB: BETRF, FRA: NPAU) will present preclinical data for the drug 2-bromo-LSD (BETR-001) at the upcoming Federation of European Neuroscience Societies Forum, held on July 9-13 in Paris, France.
BetterLifes lead compound, 2-bromo-LSD/BETR-001, is a non-hallucinogenic derivative of LSD. At the conference, BetterLife will present preclinical data demonstrating the anti-depressant and neural plasticity-promoting properties of BETR-001 from both in vitro and in vivo studies.
BetterLife believes BETR-001 has the potential to be as effective as LSD in various neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders without the burden of being hallucinogenic. If this can be proved in human clinical trials, it would revolutionize the psychedelics industry, as BETR-001 would not have to be administered in specialized clinics under special treatment protocols. This would drastically cut the costs of psychedelic medicines.
However, we would need to see human clinical data showing non-hallucinogenic versions of psychedelics being effective in treating health conditions before we get too excited about this prospect. This is a topic that Psychedelic Spotlight Editor, James Kent, explored this week in the article, Is the Mystical Experience Necessary for Psychedelic Therapy?
To wrap up this weeks psychedelic stock news, Mydecine Innovations Groups (NEO: MYCO, OTC: MYCOF, FSE: 0NFA) version of psilocybin MYCO-001 has been cleared by the FDA to begin an in-human Investigator Initiated trial.
The trial, being headed by Jons Hopkins psychedelic researcher, Dr. Matthew Johnson, will aim to determine if psilocybin increases smoking abstinence compared to a placebo, when paired with therapy.
Interestingly, the trial is being funded with close to $4 million from the National Institutes of Health, making this the first time in 50 years the U.S. government has funded a study evaluating a psychedelic compound for therapeutic use.
Mydecine is also preparing to launch a phase 2b trial, again testing the ability of MYCO-001 to treat nicotine addiction.
Do you want to start investing but need help researching stocks? Check out Wealth Research Groups FREE stock report: Ultimate Forever Stocks: Hold and Add More for the Remainder of Your Life!
This FREE stock report dives into EIGHT stocks that our partners Wealth Research Group believe will transform your portfolio.
Completely FREE, Wealth Research Group wont spam you and will NEVER ask for your credit card. So what do you have to lose? Plus, by downloading the report, you support Psychedelic Spotlight, so it is a win-win!
Read the original post:
- Psychedelic Water CEO Pankaj Gogia Talks About The Future Of Psychedelics - Exclusive - Health Digest - August 2nd, 2022
- Biden Administration Says Task Force Is Needed to Advance Psychedelics Research - Green Entrepreneur - August 2nd, 2022
- Legalizing the trip: One 'shroom advocate's playbook - POLITICO - August 2nd, 2022
- 'The result was a rebirth. I finally got where I wanted to go': Celebs who have tried psychedelics - The Daily Post-Athenian - August 2nd, 2022
- Texas' first Ceremonial Psychedelic Treatment Center WITHIN opens in Austin - PR Web - August 2nd, 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Psychedelics, Neurodevelopment and Electrophysiology job with UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY | 303322 - Times Higher Education - August 2nd, 2022
- Unlimited Sciences Announces Groundbreaking New Study to Observe Ayahuasca's Effects on Trauma - Business Wire - August 2nd, 2022
- Good Trip? How Psychiatrists Got Serious About Using Psychedelics to Treat Mental Health - Robb Report - July 25th, 2022
- The hope and hype of psychedelic therapy - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Microdosing Psilocybin Mushrooms May Improve Mental Health and Mood - Healthline - July 25th, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of July 18 - The Dales Report - July 25th, 2022
- Psyched Up: The race to make psychedelic drugs part of mainstream medicine - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Keeping the Hippie Dream Alive - The New York Times - July 25th, 2022
- DEA Sued Over Delays To Open Records For Psychedelics And Cannabis - Benzinga - Benzinga - July 25th, 2022
- Trade to Black Podcast: the Senate Vs the Cannabis Administration Opportunity Act - The Dales Report - July 25th, 2022
- Otago academic and comedian takes on the science of getting high - Stuff - July 25th, 2022
- Can mad honey get you high? A bee expert reveals the answer - Inverse - July 25th, 2022
- The promise of psychedelics - Investors' Chronicle - Investors Chronicle - July 14th, 2022
- House Moves to Expand Psychedelic Therapy Research - The Intercept - July 14th, 2022
- Ann Shulgin, pioneer of psychedelics in therapy, dies at 91 - ABC News - July 14th, 2022
- Doctors Urge Access to Psychedelic Therapies in New Mexico - TIME - July 14th, 2022
- States That Have Made Advancements Toward Legalizing Psychedelics - StreetInsider.com - July 14th, 2022
- Canada: 100+ Healthcare Professionals Protest Psilocybin Access Ban For Psychedelics-Assisted Therapy Training - Benzinga - July 14th, 2022
- Optimi Health Finalizes Psilocybin Supply Agreement With Bloom Psychedelic Therapy And Research Centre - Marketscreener.com - July 14th, 2022
- Psychedelics gave me the courage to take charge of my romantic life - Mic - July 7th, 2022
- Goodbye Weed and Acid, Hello Magic Mushrooms - Psychedelic Spotlight - July 7th, 2022
- Meet the Married Couple Trailblazing the Development of Psychedelic Therapies - PR Newswire - July 7th, 2022
- Berkeley's psychedelic rebbe is ready for the first Jewish cannabis retreat - The Jewish News of Northern California - July 7th, 2022
- CaaMTech Collaborates With the Alexander Shulgin Research Institute to Study Shulgin Compounds - Newswire - July 7th, 2022
- Origin Therapeutics adds Clairvoyant Therapeutics to its Portfolio - GlobeNewswire - July 7th, 2022
- Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy & Medicine - Psychedelics.com - July 4th, 2022
- Can microdosing psychedelics improve your mental health? Here's what the science says - ABC News - July 4th, 2022
- Inside Vision Treks: The Mind Armys Psychedelic Retreat Takes Strangers Into The Desert - Forbes - July 4th, 2022
- GOP Congressman's Amendment Would Direct Military To Study Psilocybin And MDMA Benefits For Service Members - Marijuana Moment - July 4th, 2022
- Magic mushrooms: BC production facility one of a handful licensed to grow - CTV News - July 4th, 2022
- 3 Paranormal Experiences That Have Caught The Attention Of Mental Health Researchers - Forbes - July 4th, 2022
- VA Studying Psychedelics As Mental Health Treatment For Veterans - Forbes - June 29th, 2022
- 10 Psychedelics CEOs To Pay Attention To In 2022 - Yahoo Finance - June 29th, 2022
- Secret ancient Andean passageways may have been used in rituals involving psychedelics - Livescience.com - June 29th, 2022
- How psychedelics act on the brain to relieve depression - Daily Maverick - June 29th, 2022
- Magic mushrooms are all the rage. But are they Jewish? - The Guardian - June 29th, 2022
- Treating Stress with Wearable Technology - Psychedelic Spotlight - June 29th, 2022
- Numinus Applies for International Patent Filing of Psychedelics Production Process - PR Newswire - June 29th, 2022
- Is there a future for psychedelic treatment in Saudi Arabia? - Arab News - June 29th, 2022
- Optimi Health Initiates Agreement With SABI Mind For Therapeutic Supplies Of Psilocybin, MDMA - Marketscreener.com - June 29th, 2022
- Braxia Scientific CEO to Deliver Keynote Address at HC Wainwright & Co. 1st Annual Mental Health Conference: Neuropsychiatry, Psychedelics, and... - June 29th, 2022
- Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)-Assisted Therapy in Hawaii: A Brief Review - Cureus - June 29th, 2022
- How an NHL Enforcer Broke His Body and Turned to Psychedelics to Heal His Brain - Rolling Stone - June 22nd, 2022
- The top psychedelic drug developers leading the market - Labiotech.eu - June 22nd, 2022
- Numinus Applies for International Patent Filing of Psychedelics Production Process - Yahoo Finance - June 22nd, 2022
- Two psychedelic-related initiatives may be on the 2022 Colorado ballot - Denver 7 Colorado News - June 22nd, 2022
- Cybin Inc. Reports Fiscal Year 2022 Financial Results and Recent Business Highlights - Business Wire - June 22nd, 2022
- SPOTLIGHT IN FOCUS - The Rise of Psychedelic Therapy - Psychedelic Spotlight - June 22nd, 2022
- Rapper Vic Mensa has a more badass fitness routine than you thanks to martial arts, psychedelics and meditation - British GQ - June 22nd, 2022
- What is Ego Death And How Does it Work? - Benzinga - Benzinga - June 22nd, 2022
- Anecdotal Evidence and the Need for Trials of Psychedelics in Headache Disorders: Bryan Roth, MD, PhD - Neurology Live - June 11th, 2022
- Stephen Asma: My father's experience with morphine in hospice showed me the healing joy of altered states - Chicago Tribune - June 11th, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of May 30 - The Dales Report - June 5th, 2022
- Psychedelic Wellness: 5 Magical Benefits of Magic Mushrooms - Longevity LIVE - Longevity LIVE - June 5th, 2022
- 'Magic mushrooms drug could help depression sufferers in the years to come' - Irish Mirror - June 5th, 2022
- Tripping over the potential of psychedelics for autism | Spectrum - Spectrum - June 3rd, 2022
- Can you take the trip out of psychedelics and still treat depression? - New Scientist - June 3rd, 2022
- We spark curiosity: how the psychedelics industry is taking on Davos - The Guardian - June 3rd, 2022
- Cybin Announces Publication in Frontiers in Psychology Journal Introducing EMBARK, an Integrative Model of Psychedelic Therapy - Business Wire - June 3rd, 2022
- Ketamine can treat depression but teletherapy could make it accessible - Inverse - June 3rd, 2022
- 2022-06-01 | PINL:EHVVF | Press Release | ehave Inc - Stockhouse - June 3rd, 2022
- VIDEO: The Weekly Weed Report (05-31-22) - Investing Daily - Investing Daily - June 3rd, 2022
- Psychedelics Companies in Oregon Will Have to Grapple With 280E - Business Insider - May 21st, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of May 16 - The Dales Report - May 21st, 2022
- Psychedelics and Mindfulness: The Future of Mental Health? | Microdose - Microdose Psychedelic Insights - May 21st, 2022
- CATALYST Summit: 3 Psychedelic Speakers to Catch This Weekend - Psychedelic Spotlight - May 21st, 2022
- 'I took ketamine to treat my severe depression' - iNews - May 21st, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of May 9 - The Dales Report - May 15th, 2022
- Psychedelic Patents are Broken Because the Patent System Is Broken - VICE - May 15th, 2022
- Magic mushrooms are on WeHos mind - WEHOville - May 15th, 2022
- Behind the Scenes on the First Study To Compare the Effects of LSD and Psilocybin - Technology Networks - May 15th, 2022
- Revitalist's Strategic Initiatives Continue to Exceed Expectations for Execution Giving Company Record High Revenues Since Opening in 2018. - Business... - May 15th, 2022
- MDMA as medicine: Stemming the tide of veteran suicides in Western North Carolina - Smoky Mountain News - May 15th, 2022
- Cybin's CYB0004 Shows Positive Preclinical Results Over ... - May 3rd, 2022
- Psychedelics played role in Wallace Falls hiker's death ... - May 3rd, 2022