NEW YORK, July 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The early 1970s saw psychedelics and psilocybin products made illegal in the US in the war on drugs. Decades later, new research indicates the medical potential of psilocybin and psychedelics in the treatment of chronic pain and mental illness, which affect approximately 20.4% and 20.6% of the adult population respectively. As psychedelics gain more recognition, companies such as Tryp Therapeutics (CSE:TRYP) (OTCQB:TRYPF), Seelos Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SEEL), Numinus Wellness Inc. (TSXV:NUMI) (OTC:LKYSF), Mind Medicine (MindMed) (NASDAQ:MNMD) (NEO:MMED),and Mydecine Innovations Group Inc. (NEO:MYCO) (OTCPK:MYCOF)are engaging in research initiatives to develop psychedelic-assisted therapies for different mental illnesses and chronic pain conditions.
Fibromyalgia is a disease of the central nervous system that is estimated to affect as much as2% to 8% of the population. It can result in widespread pain, fatigue, memory problems, sleep disturbances, and generally reduced quality of life. The current treatment for the condition includes antidepressants, painkillers, and NSAIDs, although these interventions are often unsuccessful, resulting innearly 30% of patients turning to opioids for pain relief andless than 10% of patients adhering to approved treatments after one year.
Tryp Therapeutics (CSE:TRYP) (OTCQB:TRYPF) BREAKING NEWS: Tryp Therapeutics to Launch World's First Phase 2a Clinical Trial for Fibromyalgia Using Psychedelics - In response to the unmet medical needs in fibromyalgia patients, Tryp Therapeutics seeks to provide psilocybin-based therapies for fibromyalgia. Tryp will be collaborating with the Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Michigan Medical School, a leading center in chronic pain research. The upcoming Phase 2a trial is believed to be the world's first Phase 2 trial utilizing psilocybin for a chronic pain indication.
The primary objective of the clinical trial is to evaluate the effectiveness of TRYP-8802 8802 (an oral formulation of synthetic psilocybin) and accompanying psychotherapy for the treatment of fibromyalgia. The clinical trial seeks to apply the neuroplasticity benefits of psilocybin to address the source of pain signals in fibromyalgia patients.
The results from the trial will be used in designing a larger Phase 2b clinical trial for fibromyalgia to advance the treatment toward approved use. Tryp Therapeutics intends to submit its IND application to the FDA for the Phase 2a clinical trial in Q3 2021.
"We are thrilled to collaborate with such forward-looking clinicians and scientists to develop additional treatment options for fibromyalgia,"said Jim Gilligan, Ph.D., President, and Chief Science Officer at Tryp Therapeutics. "The Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center at the University of Michigan brings incomparable experience with evaluating treatments for fibromyalgia and other chronic pain indications, and there is nothing more important to our collective team than creating therapies that will address the daily distress of these patients."
Earlier in July, Tryp Therapeuticsannounced another partnership with the University of Michigan to evaluate its proprietary psilocybin-based formulation, TRP-8803, as part of its Psilocybin-for-Neuropsychiatric Disorders (PFNTM) program. The series of studies is designed to expand the company's intellectual property portfolio and to prepare TRP-8803 for use in Phase 2b clinical trials.
Companies Conduct Clinical Research into Psilocybin-based Therapies
Clinical stage biopharmaceutical company Seelos Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SEEL)announced that it dosed the first patient in its Part 2 of the registrational Proof of Concept study of SLS-002 for Acute Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in patients with major depressive disorder. Seelos Therapeutics, which develops therapies for central nervous systems disorders and rare diseases aims to change the current standard of care for suicidal patients, which could potentially allow patients to be discharged sooner and treated as outpatients. According to Seelos' Chairman and CEO, the company has gained invaluable information from Part 1 of the study that helped in the design and execution of Part 2. The company intends to continue its discussions with the FDA on the regulatory pathway for SLS-002 (intranasal racemic ketamine).
Numinus Wellness Inc. (TSXV:NUMI) is focused on providing innovative, safe, and evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies to promote health and wellness among people. The company recently announced the clearance of its MAPS-sponsored single-arm open-label safety and feasibility study evaluating MDMA-assisted therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). According to the CEO of Numinus, the approval of the study could "potentially advance Canada toward a legal, regulated system for MDMA assisted therapy." After receiving the "No Objection" letter from Health Canada, Numinus is preparing the study by training staff, importing medication, and obtaining ethical approval. During the study, Numinus intends to collect data on the safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted therapy to support making these therapies available to PTSD patients in Canada.
Meanwhile, clinical-stage biotech company MindMed (NASDAQ:MNMD) (NEO:MMED) ispartnering with Datavant, Inc. where MindMed will use Datavant's linking technology to connect its clinical trial data to external data from other clinical trials and real-world uses. With Datavant's technology, MindMed hopes to prevent data fragmentation and facilitate a deeper understanding of real-world treatment, illnesses, and paths of care. MindMed seeks to gather and relate more data about patients' access to, use, and experience with different treatment modalities over time. Through the linked data, MindMed hopes to enhance clinical trial planning, execution, and commercialization of its psychedelic-inspired therapies.
Mydecine Innovations Group Inc. (NEO:MYCO) (OTCMKTS:MYCOF)is another company seeking to develop psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for veterans with PTSD. The company announced itsplans to launch its Phase 2a clinical trial on psilocybin-assisted therapy for PTSD in veterans with the hope to achieve safer and accurate psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy results in a supervised setting. Mydecine is waiting for the final approval of its IND before launching the clinical trial, which is scheduled for late Q3 or early Q4 2021.
Psychedelic-assisted therapies are gaining recognition as a possible treatment for mental illnesses, and chronic pain, with companies such as Tryp Therapeutics (CSE:TRYP) (OTCQB:TRYPF) advancing their research into related therapies through upcoming human clinical trials.
For more information on Tryp Therapeutics, click here.
Disclaimer: Microsmallcap.com (MSC) is the source of the Article and content set forth above. References to any issuer other than the profiled issuer are intended solely to identify industry participants and do not constitute an endorsement of any issuer and do not constitute a comparison to the profiled issuer. FN Media Group (FNM) is a third-party publisher and news dissemination service provider, which disseminates electronic information through multiple online media channels. FNM is NOT affiliated with MSC or any company mentioned herein. The commentary, views and opinions expressed in this release by MSC are solely those of MSC and are not shared by and do not reflect in any manner the views or opinions of FNM. Readers of this Article and content agree that they cannot and will not seek to hold liable MSC and FNM for any investment decisions by their readers or subscribers. MSC and FNM and their respective affiliated companies are a news dissemination and financial marketing solutions provider and are NOT registered broker-dealers/analysts/investment advisers, hold no investment licenses and may NOT sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security.
The Article and content related to the profiled company represent the personal and subjective views of the Author (MSC), and are subject to change at any time without notice. The information provided in the Article and the content has been obtained from sources which the Author believes to be reliable. However, the Author (MSC) has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of the Author, MSC, FNM, or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. This Article and content are not, and should not be regarded as investment advice or as a recommendation regarding any particular security or course of action; readers are strongly urged to speak with their own investment advisor and review all of the profiled issuer's filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission before making any investment decisions and should understand the risks associated with an investment in the profiled issuer's securities, including, but not limited to, the complete loss of your investment. FNM was not compensated by any public company mentioned herein to disseminate this press release but was compensated twenty five hundred dollars by MSC, a non-affiliated third party to distribute this release on behalf of Tryp Therapeutics.
FNM HOLDS NO SHARES OF ANY COMPANY NAMED IN THIS RELEASE.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may", "future", "plan" or "planned", "will" or "should", "expected," "anticipates", "draft", "eventually" or "projected". You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company's annual report on Form 10-K or 10-KSB and other filings made by such company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward-looking statements included herein, and not place undue reliance on such statements. The forward-looking statements in this release are made as of the date hereof and MSC and FNM undertake no obligation to update such statements.
FN Media Group, LLC[emailprotected]+1(561)325-8757
- Study Finds 65% Of Americans With Mental Health Conditions Want Access To Psychedelics - Forbes - January 24th, 2022
- What are the potential risks of microdosing psychedelics? - Leafly - January 24th, 2022
- Trade To Black Podcast 20: Is the Selling In MSOS And Psychedelics Getting Overdone? A Frank Discussion - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- Icebreakers with...MindMed CEO Rob Barrow - Morning Brew - January 24th, 2022
- Research in 60 Seconds: How Taking Psychedelics Can Be Therapeutic - UCF - January 24th, 2022
- TDRs Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of January 17 - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- The Psychedelics Series: The history and future of ketamine - The Cannabis Exchange - January 24th, 2022
- How 2021 became the year of psychedelics - and why 2022 is set to be even bigger - The Cannabis Exchange - January 24th, 2022
- Why Is Everyone Smoking Toad Venom? - What To Know About the Hallucinogenic Toad, DMT, Bufo - TownandCountrymag.com - January 24th, 2022
- Breaking Down Numinus Wellness Quarterly Results - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- Ancient Latin American Empire Could Have Thrived Thanks to Psychedelic-Infused Beer - StreetInsider.com - January 24th, 2022
- Psychedelics can change humanity for the better. Its time ... - January 9th, 2022
- 'Microdosers' of LSD and magic mushrooms are wiser... - Daily Maverick - January 9th, 2022
- Core One Labs Now Also Working to Biosynthesize DMT and Receives License - Financial Post - January 9th, 2022
- NeonMind to Present at H.C. Wainwright Bioconnect Conference - Yahoo Finance - January 9th, 2022
- Magic mushroom companies are on the Nasdaq now. Thats a recipe for a bad trip - The Guardian - January 7th, 2022
- Psilocybin therapy options could expand in Hawaii | Hawai'i Public Radio - Hawaiipublicradio - January 7th, 2022
- From psychedelics to 'The Great Resignation' - wellness trends for 2022 - CapeTown ETC - January 7th, 2022
- Ketamine, Psilocybin and the Rise of Missouri Psychedelics - Riverfront Times - December 25th, 2021
- Animals That Eat Psychedelics And Enjoy The Trip - Benzinga - Benzinga - December 25th, 2021
- Bad Hug - The Cut - December 25th, 2021
- How Seeing God Might Be The Secret To The Most Cutting-Edge Mental Health Treatments - Forbes - December 25th, 2021
- Happy Holidays From The Dales Report Team - The Dales Report - December 25th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers File Bills To Streamline Research Into Marijuana, Psychedelics And Other Schedule I Drugs - Marijuana Moment - December 22nd, 2021
- Meet Zappy Zapolin, The Psychedelic Concierge Who Turned Lamar Odom On To Ketamine - Forbes - December 22nd, 2021
- Numinus Wellness inc: Leading in the psychedelics race - Proactive Investors UK - December 22nd, 2021
- When Aldous Huxley Opened the Doors of Perception - The MIT Press Reader - December 22nd, 2021
- Kratom Attracts Investor Attention After Regulatory Win - Bloomberg - December 22nd, 2021
- Two esteemed doctors join CB Therapeutics in its exploration of innovative approaches to the production of novel psychedelics and cannabinoids so... - December 22nd, 2021
- Revenge travel and psychedelic retreats: The travel trends taking flight in 2022 - AsiaOne - December 22nd, 2021
- Cybin Awarded Notice of Allowance from US Patent and Trademark Office for CYB004 (Deuterated Psychedelic Tryptamine) for the Treatment of Anxiety... - December 15th, 2021
- TGA blocks bid to have MDMA, magic mushrooms used to treat mental health conditions - ABC News - December 15th, 2021
- PharmaTher Announces Positive Research Results for LSD Microneedle Patch - Yahoo Finance - December 15th, 2021
- MDMA could soon be used to treat PTSD according to physicians - Mixmag - December 15th, 2021
- MindMed Appoints Robert Barrow as Chief Executive Officer and Director - Yahoo Finance - December 15th, 2021
- MAPS and Wesana Health Resume Negotiations - GlobeNewswire - December 15th, 2021
- Sex, psychedelics and murderous impulses: Do we know too much about Will Smith? - The Independent - November 7th, 2021
- PharmaDrug commissions TIBI for advancing psychedelics program with analogue DMT formulation to cure eye diseases - Proactive Investors USA - November 7th, 2021
- I Have $1,000. Should I Invest In Cannabis, Crypto Or Psychedelics? - Benzinga - Benzinga - November 7th, 2021
- Psychedelics Could Be New Frontier in End-of-Life Care - Hospice News - November 5th, 2021
- Detroit just decriminalized psychedelics and magic mushrooms. Heres what that means - PBS NewsHour - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelics linked to lower risk of heart disease and diabetes - Medical News Today - November 5th, 2021
- The people turning to psychedelics on their deathbeds - The Independent - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelic Therapy Is Hyped, But Its Not Risk-Free: How Therapy Abuse Can Retraumatize Clients - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- Defeating Gambling Addiction: New Study Looks To Defy The Odds With Psychedelics - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Unicorn's Stock Is Up 50% In One MonthBeating Bitcoin, Ethereum And Dogecoin - Benzing - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Stock Was Up More Than 20% Last Week, Outperforming Tesla, Nvidia and GameStop - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- Biglaw Associate Is Advocating For Therapeutic Use Of Psychedelics And The Firm Is Backing Him Up - Above the Law - November 5th, 2021
- Easthampton is the fourth city in Mass. to vote to decriminalize psychedelics - WBUR - October 24th, 2021
- There Could Be a Curious Link Between Psychedelics And Improved Heart Health - ScienceAlert - October 24th, 2021
- How Atai Is Transforming The Landscape Of Mental Health Using Psychedelics (Part 2) - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- A recent history of therapeutic psychedelics - Toronto Life - October 24th, 2021
- New Research Hints at a Link Between Psychedelics and Improved Heart Health - The Swaddle - October 24th, 2021
- Why Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Has Gone Mainstream - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- Ketamine and psilocybin, better known as party drugs, showing promise for treatment of mood disorders - CTV News - October 24th, 2021
- Recent progress in psychedelic therapies - Lexology - October 24th, 2021
- Miracles and medication: The new science of psychedelic drugs - Stuff.co.nz - October 24th, 2021
- UAB researcher granted federal funding for psilocybin and smoking study - The Mix - October 24th, 2021
- Yale researchers using psychedelics to find new treatments for depression - WTNH.com - September 17th, 2021
- Want Quick Exposure To The Psychedelics Sector? Check Out This New Active ETF - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- 5 things to know about the Ann Arbor psychedelic shroom fest - MLive.com - September 17th, 2021
- A Look At Psychedelics Stock PharmaTher And Its Recent Bull Run - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- Differentiated Approach in Psychedelics Boosts Confidence in Upcoming Clinical Trials for Tryp Therapeutics Inc. (CSE: TRYP) (OTCQB: TRYPF) -... - September 17th, 2021
- Psychedelics research and public education elevated by multiple gifts - UC Berkeley - September 16th, 2021
- Pain Awareness Month: Psychable Educates Patients on Transformative Power of Using Psychedelics as Medicine for Pain Treatment, Management and Healing... - September 16th, 2021
- $80 Million Granted to Research Psychedelic Properties of Ingesting Toad Venom - Newsweek - September 16th, 2021
- Psychedelic Use on the Rise As Gen Z Seeks To Enhance Connectedness - VICE UK - September 16th, 2021
- Phyto Partners Cannabis VC on Why He's Investing in Psychedelics - Business Insider - September 16th, 2021
- Detroit Voters Will Decide On Psychedelics Decriminalization Ballot Measure In November - Marijuana Moment - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle bid to decriminalize psychedelics could have profound effect on treating addiction - MyNorthwest.com - September 16th, 2021
- Post-9/11 vets go to Mexico to treat trauma with psychedelic - The San Diego Union-Tribune - September 16th, 2021
- Lobe Sciences to Participate at the Advances in Me... | INN - Investing News Network - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle is now in the process of legalizing psychedelics, heres what to know - Curiocity - September 16th, 2021
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Suicide Remains a Leading Global Cause of Death; Communities Across the World Seek Expanded Use of Psychedelics as... - September 16th, 2021
- Psilocybin Transdermal Patches Could Be The Next Big Thing In Psychedelics - Forbes - September 1st, 2021
- Psychedelics are getting closer to approval, but the market may not be ready - FierceBiotech - August 22nd, 2021
- At-Home Genetic Testing Cant Tell You If Youre Going to Have a Bad Trip - VICE - August 22nd, 2021
- Past, Present & Future of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: A New Dawn for Mental Health and Neuroscience - cmc.edu - August 22nd, 2021
- Researchers breaking away from the central dogma of depression - STAT - STAT - August 22nd, 2021
- When did humans start experimenting with alcohol and drugs? - EL PAS in English - August 22nd, 2021