The Toronto-based company said that it will be focusing on comparing the potency of two candidate tryptamines, which were narrowed from an initial list of six
PharmaDrug Inc announced that the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation (TIBI) will commence in vitro characterization studies on PharmaDrug's short-list of N, N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) analogue molecules, which will support IND-enabling studies for the US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) review.
The psychedelic research company said that it has commissioned TIBI, under a research agreement, to develop a novel ocular drug delivery platform that aims to deliver psychedelic and tryptamine-based pharmaceuticals, related to DMT for eye diseases.
"We are extremely excited to finalize the first stage of the program in devising an initial list and selecting a final set of two candidate DMT analogue molecules. Initial in vitro efficacy studies will commence immediately, said Daniel Cohen, CEO of PharmaDrug.
He added: The next few months will be vital in characterizing relative drug potency and selecting a single lead candidate to take forward for further development. The following phase will focus on IND enabling efficacy studies using a well-accepted animal model of POAG (primary open-angle glaucoma)."
The Toronto-based company said that it will be focusing on comparing the potency of two candidate tryptamines, which were narrowed from an initial list of six. Current studies at TIBI will take place in three phases in vitro, head-to-head evaluation of potency in cell-based models of glaucoma;evaluation of efficacy (ability to lower intraocular pressure - IOP) when applied as a topical eyedrop in animal models of glaucoma; and development and testing of a medical device capable of delivering sustained, local, sub-psychotropic levels of the development candidate to patients afflicted with glaucoma.
PharmaDrug said that it is anticipating an update on initial research results in late November.
Glaucoma is a disorder of the optic nerve that results in irreversible vision loss and is the second leading cause of blindness in the world, according to the World Health Organization.
Glaucoma impacts more than 2.7 million people aged 40 or older in the USand current treatments are known to have poor rates of compliance of up to 80% of patients. The global market for glaucoma was estimated by Market Scope at $4.8 billion in 2019 with the US market representing $1.9 billion.
Tryptamines are thought to work differently to lower IOP and as such, potentially embody a new class of glaucoma medications that may be used alone, or in combination with already approved medications.
The substance, often hallucinogenic above certain threshold concentrations, constitutes a large collection of molecules that selectively act on multiple different serotonin receptors including 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A. Topical application of several different tryptamines has shown early promise in preclinical models of elevated IOP.
However, factors such as formulation, delivery, the potential for undesirable hallucinogenic side effects, and the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 have all contributed to a lack of development of tryptamines to treat this serious threat to vision.
PharmaDrugs streamlined focus on two highly promising, undisclosed tryptamines as a potential therapeutic solution in treating glaucoma represents a potential paradigm shift, the statement said.
The pharmaceutical company is focused on the research, development, and commercialization of controlled substances and natural medicines such as psychedelics, cannabis, and naturally-derived approved drugs.
Contact Ritika at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychedelics Companies And IPs: An Extended Patent Application To Protect Multiple LSD Derivatives - Bett - Benzinga - September 29th, 2022
- Congressman Says Psychedelics Show 'Real Promise' As Alternative Therapies At Committee Hearing - Marijuana Moment - September 29th, 2022
- Psychedelics and mental health: the potential, risks and hype - WHYY - September 27th, 2022
- Is Now a Good Time to Invest In Psychedelics Stocks? - The Motley Fool - September 27th, 2022
- I went to the only psychedelic dispensary in North Americaheres how they do it - The Manual - September 27th, 2022
- Psychedelic drugs: how to tell good research from bad - The Conversation Indonesia - September 27th, 2022
- The Connection Between Psychedelics and Grief - Psychedelic Spotlight - September 27th, 2022
- Effects of LSD and Psilocybin in Healthy Participants - Psychiatric Times - September 27th, 2022
- Cannabis And Psilocybin May Have Helped This Woman's Breast Cancer Treatment - IFLScience - September 27th, 2022
- Ketamine, psilocybin and ecstasy are coming to the medicine cabinet - Yahoo Finance - September 27th, 2022
- American Legion and Reality Center Partner to Provide Patented, Drug-Free Psychedelic Experience to Veter - Benzinga - September 27th, 2022
- Let's Bring the Informed Consent Process Out of the Shadows - Undark Magazine - September 27th, 2022
- Nicole Krauss on Death, Birth, and Middle Age - The New Yorker - September 27th, 2022
- Daily Skimm: Psychedelics, The DOJ, and iMessages - theSkimm - September 15th, 2022
- Inside the UK's new psychedelic drug trial clinic trying to treat depression and anxiety - iNews - September 15th, 2022
- What A Trip: Delix Therapeutics is Treating Mental Health at Scale with Psychoplastogens - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - September 15th, 2022
- HealingMaps Announces $1 Million in Seed Funding to Power Growth in Psychedelic Therapy Industry - Yahoo Finance - September 15th, 2022
- Nav Talks The Moment He Realized He Made It; It Involves Psychedelics - UPROXX - September 15th, 2022
- Psychedelics and Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy - September 7th, 2022
- Preparing for a new era of psychedelic treatment - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - September 7th, 2022
- Toronto is getting a trippy psychedelics immersive exhibition this month - Curiocity - September 7th, 2022
- Xtalks to host upcoming webinar on psychedelic know-how - Mugglehead - September 7th, 2022
- An immersive psychedelic exhibition is opening in Toronto this month | Listed - Daily Hive - September 7th, 2022
- Netflixs How to Change Your Mind Says Drugs Are the Answer Are They Right? - Goalcast - September 7th, 2022
- Yeah, Mental Health, Bro, It Starts With Self-Love | Aaron Rodgers Says His Use Of Psychedelics Has Increased His Passion For Life And The Game Of... - September 7th, 2022
- Delic Executive Chairman Matt Stang Named to World Biz Magazine's Top 100 CEOs in Innovation - Yahoo Finance - September 7th, 2022
- Cannabis and Hallucinogens Are Being Consumed at the Highest Rates on Record by Today's Young Adults - Cannabis Science and Technology - September 7th, 2022
- Aspen considers the value of psychedelics for mental wellness - The Aspen Times - August 29th, 2022
- Oregon's Psychedelics Law Comes Down To Individuals: Which Counties Will Ban Them? - Benzinga - August 29th, 2022
- The Black mothers finding freedom in mushrooms: They give us our power back - The Guardian - August 29th, 2022
- Psychedelic Water CEO Pankaj Gogia Talks About The Future Of Psychedelics - Exclusive - Health Digest - August 2nd, 2022
- Biden Administration Says Task Force Is Needed to Advance Psychedelics Research - Green Entrepreneur - August 2nd, 2022
- Legalizing the trip: One 'shroom advocate's playbook - POLITICO - August 2nd, 2022
- 'The result was a rebirth. I finally got where I wanted to go': Celebs who have tried psychedelics - The Daily Post-Athenian - August 2nd, 2022
- Texas' first Ceremonial Psychedelic Treatment Center WITHIN opens in Austin - PR Web - August 2nd, 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Psychedelics, Neurodevelopment and Electrophysiology job with UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY | 303322 - Times Higher Education - August 2nd, 2022
- Unlimited Sciences Announces Groundbreaking New Study to Observe Ayahuasca's Effects on Trauma - Business Wire - August 2nd, 2022
- Good Trip? How Psychiatrists Got Serious About Using Psychedelics to Treat Mental Health - Robb Report - July 25th, 2022
- The hope and hype of psychedelic therapy - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Microdosing Psilocybin Mushrooms May Improve Mental Health and Mood - Healthline - July 25th, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of July 18 - The Dales Report - July 25th, 2022
- Psyched Up: The race to make psychedelic drugs part of mainstream medicine - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Keeping the Hippie Dream Alive - The New York Times - July 25th, 2022
- DEA Sued Over Delays To Open Records For Psychedelics And Cannabis - Benzinga - Benzinga - July 25th, 2022
- Trade to Black Podcast: the Senate Vs the Cannabis Administration Opportunity Act - The Dales Report - July 25th, 2022
- Otago academic and comedian takes on the science of getting high - Stuff - July 25th, 2022
- Can mad honey get you high? A bee expert reveals the answer - Inverse - July 25th, 2022
- The promise of psychedelics - Investors' Chronicle - Investors Chronicle - July 14th, 2022
- House Moves to Expand Psychedelic Therapy Research - The Intercept - July 14th, 2022
- Ann Shulgin, pioneer of psychedelics in therapy, dies at 91 - ABC News - July 14th, 2022
- Doctors Urge Access to Psychedelic Therapies in New Mexico - TIME - July 14th, 2022
- States That Have Made Advancements Toward Legalizing Psychedelics - StreetInsider.com - July 14th, 2022
- Canada: 100+ Healthcare Professionals Protest Psilocybin Access Ban For Psychedelics-Assisted Therapy Training - Benzinga - July 14th, 2022
- Optimi Health Finalizes Psilocybin Supply Agreement With Bloom Psychedelic Therapy And Research Centre - Marketscreener.com - July 14th, 2022
- Psychedelics gave me the courage to take charge of my romantic life - Mic - July 7th, 2022
- Goodbye Weed and Acid, Hello Magic Mushrooms - Psychedelic Spotlight - July 7th, 2022
- Meet the Married Couple Trailblazing the Development of Psychedelic Therapies - PR Newswire - July 7th, 2022
- Berkeley's psychedelic rebbe is ready for the first Jewish cannabis retreat - The Jewish News of Northern California - July 7th, 2022
- CaaMTech Collaborates With the Alexander Shulgin Research Institute to Study Shulgin Compounds - Newswire - July 7th, 2022
- Origin Therapeutics adds Clairvoyant Therapeutics to its Portfolio - GlobeNewswire - July 7th, 2022
- Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy & Medicine - Psychedelics.com - July 4th, 2022
- Can microdosing psychedelics improve your mental health? Here's what the science says - ABC News - July 4th, 2022
- Inside Vision Treks: The Mind Armys Psychedelic Retreat Takes Strangers Into The Desert - Forbes - July 4th, 2022
- GOP Congressman's Amendment Would Direct Military To Study Psilocybin And MDMA Benefits For Service Members - Marijuana Moment - July 4th, 2022
- Magic mushrooms: BC production facility one of a handful licensed to grow - CTV News - July 4th, 2022
- 3 Paranormal Experiences That Have Caught The Attention Of Mental Health Researchers - Forbes - July 4th, 2022
- VA Studying Psychedelics As Mental Health Treatment For Veterans - Forbes - June 29th, 2022
- 10 Psychedelics CEOs To Pay Attention To In 2022 - Yahoo Finance - June 29th, 2022
- Secret ancient Andean passageways may have been used in rituals involving psychedelics - Livescience.com - June 29th, 2022
- How psychedelics act on the brain to relieve depression - Daily Maverick - June 29th, 2022
- Magic mushrooms are all the rage. But are they Jewish? - The Guardian - June 29th, 2022
- Treating Stress with Wearable Technology - Psychedelic Spotlight - June 29th, 2022
- Numinus Applies for International Patent Filing of Psychedelics Production Process - PR Newswire - June 29th, 2022
- This Week in Psychedelic Stocks: Compass Pathways Wins Patent Battle, MindMed Patents Candy Flipping, and More! - Psychedelic Spotlight - June 29th, 2022
- Is there a future for psychedelic treatment in Saudi Arabia? - Arab News - June 29th, 2022
- Optimi Health Initiates Agreement With SABI Mind For Therapeutic Supplies Of Psilocybin, MDMA - Marketscreener.com - June 29th, 2022
- Braxia Scientific CEO to Deliver Keynote Address at HC Wainwright & Co. 1st Annual Mental Health Conference: Neuropsychiatry, Psychedelics, and... - June 29th, 2022
- Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)-Assisted Therapy in Hawaii: A Brief Review - Cureus - June 29th, 2022
- How an NHL Enforcer Broke His Body and Turned to Psychedelics to Heal His Brain - Rolling Stone - June 22nd, 2022
- The top psychedelic drug developers leading the market - Labiotech.eu - June 22nd, 2022