Vancouver, BC, Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A Nanos Research Survey released today by the Canadian Psychedelic Association (CPA) shows 82 percent of Canadians approve the use of psilocybin-assisted therapy for people suffering from an end-of-life illness, and 78 percent would support a government that legalized psilocybin-assisted therapy to improve the quality of life for palliative and end-of-life patients. Commissioned between June 30 - July 5, 2021, the survey results mark an historic time for Canadas leading voice on psychedelic therapy as the Association prepares to introduce a collaborative effort to bring regulatory change to Health Canada.
With public support at an all-time high, the CPA will now focus on introducing evidence-informed regulations to officials at Health Canada.
The CPA and other experts from across Canada have been meeting with Members of Parliament, senior government officials, representatives from all parties, and national stakeholders over the past 10 months and encountered unanimous support for access to psilocybin therapy with a palliative diagnosis. After meetings in May with the Parliamentary Review Committee on Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID), committee members moved to have Thomas Hartle, the first palliative Canadian to receive a section 56 exemption for psilocybin-assisted therapy, appear and testify before Committee when Parliament resumes this fall.
Dr. Pamela Kryskow, a medical doctor and psychedelic researcher notes, it is encouraging that this is an issue that all political parties support and Canadians have given their endorsement for. We see this as a green light for Health Canada to proceed with the regulations.
Although the Canadian Government, led by Minister of Health Patti Hajdu, has implemented a number of progressive steps toward increasing access to psilocybin-assisted therapies, members of both the medical and legal communities in Canada believe that such steps still leave too many Canadians with undue depression, anxiety and mental anguish, particularly Canadians in palliative care or at end-of-life.
Dr. Kryskow has witnessed firsthand what legal access to psychedelic medicine can do for Canadians in need of new treatment options.
The proof is in the research and patient improvement. Weve seen positive clinical evidence that shows that psilocybin-assisted therapy works tremendously well for addressing many mental health challenges where other
options are ineffective. The healthcare practitioners are ready, the patients deserve this, and were ready to provide this medical service to Canadians.
Cory Firth, the Executive Director of the Canadian Psychedelic Association is confident the proposed amendments will continue our collaborative effort with Health Canada.
The MORA was prepared by some of the best researchers, industry, legal and regulatory experts in Canada, says Firth. As the voice of psychedelics in Canada we made sure that no stone was left unturned in our efforts to bring timely and effective regulatory change to Canadians at end-of-life and suffering from various treatment-resistant mental health conditions.
Multiple universities across Canada are developing psychedelic medicine programs and many have already offered courses.
Private clinics across Canada are preparing for the provision of these services. Ronan Levy of Field Trip Health Ltd.,a global leader in the development and delivery of psychedelic therapies and a CPA member, commented: "As a society, we've implemented processes and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Canadians, particularly as it pertains to medicines. With psychedelics, we have centuries of therapeutic use and countless clinical trials attesting to their safety and efficacy. The cost-benefit analysis strongly favours prompt access to psychedelic therapies especially if implemented via the well-considered, balanced approach set forth in the MORA."
Empowered by our strong membership base of citizens, professionals, First Nations and Indigenous advisors as well as the emerging psychedelic business community, the Canadian Psychedelic Association is united by the need for access to psychedelic medicines for patients who need it most.
Nanos Research Survey snapshot:
The CPA engaged Nanos Research to ascertain the level of support among Canadians for mushroom-based psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy. From June 30 July 5 2021, Nanos conducted a random telephone survey of 1,051 Canadians, 18 years of age or older. The sample is geographically stratified to be representative of Canada. The margin of error for a random survey of 1,051 Canadians is 3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
Full survey attached to press release.
To arrange an interview please contact Cory Firth: firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-650-7177
About The Canadian Psychedelic Association (CPA):
The Canadian Psychedelic Association (CPA) is a non-profit organization focused on advancing legal and ethical frameworks for medical and therapeutic psychedelic use in Canada through local, national and international collaboration. As Canadas voice in psychedelics, it is with respect and reverence for ancestral traditions, and current innovations that the CPA leads the way through merging paradigms; to a future where Canada inspires the world with its approach to treating and promoting mental wellness.
- Study Finds 65% Of Americans With Mental Health Conditions Want Access To Psychedelics - Forbes - January 24th, 2022
- What are the potential risks of microdosing psychedelics? - Leafly - January 24th, 2022
- Trade To Black Podcast 20: Is the Selling In MSOS And Psychedelics Getting Overdone? A Frank Discussion - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- Icebreakers with...MindMed CEO Rob Barrow - Morning Brew - January 24th, 2022
- Research in 60 Seconds: How Taking Psychedelics Can Be Therapeutic - UCF - January 24th, 2022
- TDRs Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of January 17 - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- The Psychedelics Series: The history and future of ketamine - The Cannabis Exchange - January 24th, 2022
- How 2021 became the year of psychedelics - and why 2022 is set to be even bigger - The Cannabis Exchange - January 24th, 2022
- Why Is Everyone Smoking Toad Venom? - What To Know About the Hallucinogenic Toad, DMT, Bufo - TownandCountrymag.com - January 24th, 2022
- Breaking Down Numinus Wellness Quarterly Results - The Dales Report - January 24th, 2022
- Ancient Latin American Empire Could Have Thrived Thanks to Psychedelic-Infused Beer - StreetInsider.com - January 24th, 2022
- Psychedelics can change humanity for the better. Its time ... - January 9th, 2022
- 'Microdosers' of LSD and magic mushrooms are wiser... - Daily Maverick - January 9th, 2022
- Core One Labs Now Also Working to Biosynthesize DMT and Receives License - Financial Post - January 9th, 2022
- NeonMind to Present at H.C. Wainwright Bioconnect Conference - Yahoo Finance - January 9th, 2022
- Magic mushroom companies are on the Nasdaq now. Thats a recipe for a bad trip - The Guardian - January 7th, 2022
- Psilocybin therapy options could expand in Hawaii | Hawai'i Public Radio - Hawaiipublicradio - January 7th, 2022
- From psychedelics to 'The Great Resignation' - wellness trends for 2022 - CapeTown ETC - January 7th, 2022
- Ketamine, Psilocybin and the Rise of Missouri Psychedelics - Riverfront Times - December 25th, 2021
- Animals That Eat Psychedelics And Enjoy The Trip - Benzinga - Benzinga - December 25th, 2021
- Bad Hug - The Cut - December 25th, 2021
- How Seeing God Might Be The Secret To The Most Cutting-Edge Mental Health Treatments - Forbes - December 25th, 2021
- Happy Holidays From The Dales Report Team - The Dales Report - December 25th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers File Bills To Streamline Research Into Marijuana, Psychedelics And Other Schedule I Drugs - Marijuana Moment - December 22nd, 2021
- Meet Zappy Zapolin, The Psychedelic Concierge Who Turned Lamar Odom On To Ketamine - Forbes - December 22nd, 2021
- Numinus Wellness inc: Leading in the psychedelics race - Proactive Investors UK - December 22nd, 2021
- When Aldous Huxley Opened the Doors of Perception - The MIT Press Reader - December 22nd, 2021
- Kratom Attracts Investor Attention After Regulatory Win - Bloomberg - December 22nd, 2021
- Two esteemed doctors join CB Therapeutics in its exploration of innovative approaches to the production of novel psychedelics and cannabinoids so... - December 22nd, 2021
- Revenge travel and psychedelic retreats: The travel trends taking flight in 2022 - AsiaOne - December 22nd, 2021
- Cybin Awarded Notice of Allowance from US Patent and Trademark Office for CYB004 (Deuterated Psychedelic Tryptamine) for the Treatment of Anxiety... - December 15th, 2021
- TGA blocks bid to have MDMA, magic mushrooms used to treat mental health conditions - ABC News - December 15th, 2021
- PharmaTher Announces Positive Research Results for LSD Microneedle Patch - Yahoo Finance - December 15th, 2021
- MDMA could soon be used to treat PTSD according to physicians - Mixmag - December 15th, 2021
- MindMed Appoints Robert Barrow as Chief Executive Officer and Director - Yahoo Finance - December 15th, 2021
- MAPS and Wesana Health Resume Negotiations - GlobeNewswire - December 15th, 2021
- Sex, psychedelics and murderous impulses: Do we know too much about Will Smith? - The Independent - November 7th, 2021
- PharmaDrug commissions TIBI for advancing psychedelics program with analogue DMT formulation to cure eye diseases - Proactive Investors USA - November 7th, 2021
- I Have $1,000. Should I Invest In Cannabis, Crypto Or Psychedelics? - Benzinga - Benzinga - November 7th, 2021
- Psychedelics Could Be New Frontier in End-of-Life Care - Hospice News - November 5th, 2021
- Detroit just decriminalized psychedelics and magic mushrooms. Heres what that means - PBS NewsHour - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelics linked to lower risk of heart disease and diabetes - Medical News Today - November 5th, 2021
- The people turning to psychedelics on their deathbeds - The Independent - November 5th, 2021
- Psychedelic Therapy Is Hyped, But Its Not Risk-Free: How Therapy Abuse Can Retraumatize Clients - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- Defeating Gambling Addiction: New Study Looks To Defy The Odds With Psychedelics - Forbes - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Unicorn's Stock Is Up 50% In One MonthBeating Bitcoin, Ethereum And Dogecoin - Benzing - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- This Psychedelics Stock Was Up More Than 20% Last Week, Outperforming Tesla, Nvidia and GameStop - Benzinga - November 5th, 2021
- Biglaw Associate Is Advocating For Therapeutic Use Of Psychedelics And The Firm Is Backing Him Up - Above the Law - November 5th, 2021
- Easthampton is the fourth city in Mass. to vote to decriminalize psychedelics - WBUR - October 24th, 2021
- There Could Be a Curious Link Between Psychedelics And Improved Heart Health - ScienceAlert - October 24th, 2021
- How Atai Is Transforming The Landscape Of Mental Health Using Psychedelics (Part 2) - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- A recent history of therapeutic psychedelics - Toronto Life - October 24th, 2021
- New Research Hints at a Link Between Psychedelics and Improved Heart Health - The Swaddle - October 24th, 2021
- Why Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Has Gone Mainstream - Forbes - October 24th, 2021
- Ketamine and psilocybin, better known as party drugs, showing promise for treatment of mood disorders - CTV News - October 24th, 2021
- Recent progress in psychedelic therapies - Lexology - October 24th, 2021
- Miracles and medication: The new science of psychedelic drugs - Stuff.co.nz - October 24th, 2021
- UAB researcher granted federal funding for psilocybin and smoking study - The Mix - October 24th, 2021
- Yale researchers using psychedelics to find new treatments for depression - WTNH.com - September 17th, 2021
- Want Quick Exposure To The Psychedelics Sector? Check Out This New Active ETF - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- 5 things to know about the Ann Arbor psychedelic shroom fest - MLive.com - September 17th, 2021
- A Look At Psychedelics Stock PharmaTher And Its Recent Bull Run - Benzinga - Benzinga - September 17th, 2021
- Differentiated Approach in Psychedelics Boosts Confidence in Upcoming Clinical Trials for Tryp Therapeutics Inc. (CSE: TRYP) (OTCQB: TRYPF) -... - September 17th, 2021
- Psychedelics research and public education elevated by multiple gifts - UC Berkeley - September 16th, 2021
- Pain Awareness Month: Psychable Educates Patients on Transformative Power of Using Psychedelics as Medicine for Pain Treatment, Management and Healing... - September 16th, 2021
- $80 Million Granted to Research Psychedelic Properties of Ingesting Toad Venom - Newsweek - September 16th, 2021
- Psychedelic Use on the Rise As Gen Z Seeks To Enhance Connectedness - VICE UK - September 16th, 2021
- Phyto Partners Cannabis VC on Why He's Investing in Psychedelics - Business Insider - September 16th, 2021
- Detroit Voters Will Decide On Psychedelics Decriminalization Ballot Measure In November - Marijuana Moment - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle bid to decriminalize psychedelics could have profound effect on treating addiction - MyNorthwest.com - September 16th, 2021
- Post-9/11 vets go to Mexico to treat trauma with psychedelic - The San Diego Union-Tribune - September 16th, 2021
- Lobe Sciences to Participate at the Advances in Me... | INN - Investing News Network - September 16th, 2021
- Seattle is now in the process of legalizing psychedelics, heres what to know - Curiocity - September 16th, 2021
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Suicide Remains a Leading Global Cause of Death; Communities Across the World Seek Expanded Use of Psychedelics as... - September 16th, 2021
- Psilocybin Transdermal Patches Could Be The Next Big Thing In Psychedelics - Forbes - September 1st, 2021
- Psychedelics are getting closer to approval, but the market may not be ready - FierceBiotech - August 22nd, 2021
- At-Home Genetic Testing Cant Tell You If Youre Going to Have a Bad Trip - VICE - August 22nd, 2021
- Past, Present & Future of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: A New Dawn for Mental Health and Neuroscience - cmc.edu - August 22nd, 2021
- Researchers breaking away from the central dogma of depression - STAT - STAT - August 22nd, 2021
- When did humans start experimenting with alcohol and drugs? - EL PAS in English - August 22nd, 2021