ANN ARBOR, MI Organizers of Ann Arbors first-ever psychedelic shroom fest are expecting this weekends event to draw a big crowd of people from all around the country.
If youre planning to attend or just curious to know more about it, heres what you need to know.
1. When and where is it?
The festival is expected to take place on the University of Michigan Diag off State Street from 11:11 a.m. to 2:22 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 19. Public parking is free and plentiful in downtown Ann Arbor on Sundays, so parking should be no issue for attendees.
2. What does the event entail?
Officially called Entheofest, its a celebration of entheogenic plants and fungi, featuring musical entertainment and speeches by psychedelic activists and elected officials who support decriminalization of natural substances such as ayahuasca, ibogaine, mescaline, peyote, psilocybin mushrooms and other natural compounds with hallucinogenic properties deemed illegal under state and federal law.
3. Who is behind it?
Its being organized by Decriminalize Nature Michigan and the Student Association for Psychedelic Studies, who are supporting decriminalization efforts across the state following last years successful campaign in Ann Arbor.
4. Why is it happening?
Sundays event is intended to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Ann Arbors move to declare entheogenic plants and fungi the citys lowest law-enforcement priority, effectively decriminalizing them at the city level.
City Council recently approved a resolution recognizing Entheofest and declaring September to be Entheogenic Plant and Fungi Awareness Month, in hopes of increasing understanding of the potential benefits of psilocybin mushrooms and other psychedelics for mental health, personal and spiritual growth, as well as honoring the longstanding ancestral practices and relationships with these entheogens.
5. Is it officially allowed?
The University of Michigan has OKd the student organizing groups request to reserve the Diag off State Street for the event, though campus police, who enforce state and federal laws, are expected to be on hand to ensure public safety.
Organizers are asking attendees to use the event as an opportunity to celebrate and learn about the sacred medicines and decriminalization efforts and not as a space for consumption of psychedelic plants and fungi.
MORE FROM THE ANN ARBOR NEWS:
Ann Arbor psychedelic shroom fest organizers announce entertainment lineup
University of Michigan police say safety will be top priority at psychedelic shroom festival
Psychedelic shroom fest gets green light from University of Michigan
Tree Town under attack? Ann Arborites decry tree butchering by DTE Energy
Two-tower development on former Ann Arbor YMCA property awaits citys OK
Read the rest here:
- Psychedelic Drug Effects, Side Effects & Dangers - January 25th, 2023
- Psychedelics Decriminalization Project In Berkeley, Cal Includes ... - January 6th, 2023
- Ancient mummified child was drugged with psychedelics before ritual ... - December 14th, 2022
- The therapeutic potential of psychedelics - Science - December 14th, 2022
- Changing Lives with Psychedelics: How Connecticut researchers are using magic mushrooms to help people overcome depression, OCD - WTNH.com - November 19th, 2022
- Penis Envy Mushroom | Legal Psychedelics | Magic Mushroom - November 7th, 2022
- Psychedelics. Discussing natural and synthetic friends. Science, News ... - November 5th, 2022
- The Harms of Psychedelics Need to Be Put Into Context - WIRED - November 5th, 2022
- Packers' Aaron Rodgers says psychedelics led to his back-to-back MVP ... - October 28th, 2022
- With Promise of Legalization, Psychedelic Companies Joust Over Future Profits - The New York Times - October 25th, 2022
- How do psychedelics work? This brain region may explain their effects - PBS - October 21st, 2022
- Why is the American right suddenly so interested in psychedelic drugs? - The Guardian - October 19th, 2022
- Can Psychedelics Cure? Science Is on the Verge of Finding Out - Newsweek - October 19th, 2022
- Large national survey suggests that the use of psychedelics is not associated with lifetime cancer development - PsyPost - October 19th, 2022
- This Pharma Company Just Scored Another Psychedelics Patent And Set Its Sights On 70 More - Small Pharma - Benzinga - October 19th, 2022
- What Made the Mushrooms Magic: Psychedelic Study Explores the Odd Evolution of Mind-Altering Fungi - The Debrief - October 19th, 2022
- Psychedelics And Wellness: The Healing Company Buys PepsiCo-Backed Superfoods Company - (HLCO) - Benzinga - October 19th, 2022
- What's on the Colorado ballot? Housing, psychedelics, school meals, alcohol, taxes and more | FOX31 Denver - FOX 31 Denver - October 19th, 2022
- DoseConnect to Sponsor the Tech Stage at Wonderland Miami by Microdose - Benzinga - October 19th, 2022
- What Is Going on With Bright Minds (DRUG) Stock Today? - InvestorPlace - October 19th, 2022
- Psychedelics May Ease Fear of Death and Dying - October 17th, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of October 10 - The Dales Report - October 17th, 2022
- DEA Wants To Boost Production Of Cannabis & Psychedelics For Research In 2023 - Benzinga - October 17th, 2022
- Talk set to explore psychedelics and mental health - Reading Today - October 17th, 2022
- Silo Wellness Closes Acquisition of Dyscovry Science and Its Psilocybin Pharmaceutical Biosynthesis and Research Portfolio - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2022
- How does psilocybin rewire the brain? - Open Access Government - October 17th, 2022
- HYTN Awarded Controlled Drugs and Substances Dealers License Allowing for Production and Sale of Psilocybin - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2022
- The Healing Company acquires leading superfoods business, Your Super, and lands $150M credit facility to expand community of brands - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2022
- 5 Things to Know About Colorados Psychedelics Ballot Initiative - Kaiser Health News - October 15th, 2022
- Psilocybin Retreats - a Focal Point of the Growing Psychedelic Market - The Hype Magazine - October 15th, 2022
- 10 must-read weed and psychedelics books from the last decade - Leafly - October 15th, 2022
- Treating Postpartum Depression with Psychedelics - Psychedelic Spotlight - October 15th, 2022
- Clerkenwell Health raises 2.1M to test the new wave of psychedelics treatments - TechCrunch - October 15th, 2022
- Toronto Psychedelic Exhibition features the Art and History of Psychedelics - Psychedelic Spotlight - October 15th, 2022
- Elon Musk's 'Exploratory Journeys' And Charts Explaining Benefits Of Psychedelics Over Alcohol - Tesla (N - Benzinga - October 15th, 2022
- ALTRD.TV's Open Minds Documentary Explores the Promising Future of Psychedelic Medicine - Business Wire - October 15th, 2022
- IntelGenxs Collaboration with atai Life Sciences Culminates in the Initiation of First-in-Human Clinical Study of an Oral Thin Film Psychedelic Drug... - October 15th, 2022
- Psychedelics Companies And IPs: An Extended Patent Application To Protect Multiple LSD Derivatives - Bett - Benzinga - September 29th, 2022
- Congressman Says Psychedelics Show 'Real Promise' As Alternative Therapies At Committee Hearing - Marijuana Moment - September 29th, 2022
- Psychedelics and mental health: the potential, risks and hype - WHYY - September 27th, 2022
- Is Now a Good Time to Invest In Psychedelics Stocks? - The Motley Fool - September 27th, 2022
- I went to the only psychedelic dispensary in North Americaheres how they do it - The Manual - September 27th, 2022
- Psychedelic drugs: how to tell good research from bad - The Conversation Indonesia - September 27th, 2022
- The Connection Between Psychedelics and Grief - Psychedelic Spotlight - September 27th, 2022
- Effects of LSD and Psilocybin in Healthy Participants - Psychiatric Times - September 27th, 2022
- Cannabis And Psilocybin May Have Helped This Woman's Breast Cancer Treatment - IFLScience - September 27th, 2022
- Ketamine, psilocybin and ecstasy are coming to the medicine cabinet - Yahoo Finance - September 27th, 2022
- American Legion and Reality Center Partner to Provide Patented, Drug-Free Psychedelic Experience to Veter - Benzinga - September 27th, 2022
- Let's Bring the Informed Consent Process Out of the Shadows - Undark Magazine - September 27th, 2022
- Nicole Krauss on Death, Birth, and Middle Age - The New Yorker - September 27th, 2022
- Daily Skimm: Psychedelics, The DOJ, and iMessages - theSkimm - September 15th, 2022
- Inside the UK's new psychedelic drug trial clinic trying to treat depression and anxiety - iNews - September 15th, 2022
- What A Trip: Delix Therapeutics is Treating Mental Health at Scale with Psychoplastogens - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - September 15th, 2022
- HealingMaps Announces $1 Million in Seed Funding to Power Growth in Psychedelic Therapy Industry - Yahoo Finance - September 15th, 2022
- Nav Talks The Moment He Realized He Made It; It Involves Psychedelics - UPROXX - September 15th, 2022
- Psychedelics and Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy - September 7th, 2022
- Preparing for a new era of psychedelic treatment - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - September 7th, 2022
- Toronto is getting a trippy psychedelics immersive exhibition this month - Curiocity - September 7th, 2022
- Xtalks to host upcoming webinar on psychedelic know-how - Mugglehead - September 7th, 2022
- An immersive psychedelic exhibition is opening in Toronto this month | Listed - Daily Hive - September 7th, 2022
- Netflixs How to Change Your Mind Says Drugs Are the Answer Are They Right? - Goalcast - September 7th, 2022
- Yeah, Mental Health, Bro, It Starts With Self-Love | Aaron Rodgers Says His Use Of Psychedelics Has Increased His Passion For Life And The Game Of... - September 7th, 2022
- Delic Executive Chairman Matt Stang Named to World Biz Magazine's Top 100 CEOs in Innovation - Yahoo Finance - September 7th, 2022
- Cannabis and Hallucinogens Are Being Consumed at the Highest Rates on Record by Today's Young Adults - Cannabis Science and Technology - September 7th, 2022
- Aspen considers the value of psychedelics for mental wellness - The Aspen Times - August 29th, 2022
- Oregon's Psychedelics Law Comes Down To Individuals: Which Counties Will Ban Them? - Benzinga - August 29th, 2022
- The Black mothers finding freedom in mushrooms: They give us our power back - The Guardian - August 29th, 2022
- Psychedelic Water CEO Pankaj Gogia Talks About The Future Of Psychedelics - Exclusive - Health Digest - August 2nd, 2022
- Biden Administration Says Task Force Is Needed to Advance Psychedelics Research - Green Entrepreneur - August 2nd, 2022
- Legalizing the trip: One 'shroom advocate's playbook - POLITICO - August 2nd, 2022
- 'The result was a rebirth. I finally got where I wanted to go': Celebs who have tried psychedelics - The Daily Post-Athenian - August 2nd, 2022
- Texas' first Ceremonial Psychedelic Treatment Center WITHIN opens in Austin - PR Web - August 2nd, 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Psychedelics, Neurodevelopment and Electrophysiology job with UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY | 303322 - Times Higher Education - August 2nd, 2022
- Unlimited Sciences Announces Groundbreaking New Study to Observe Ayahuasca's Effects on Trauma - Business Wire - August 2nd, 2022
- Good Trip? How Psychiatrists Got Serious About Using Psychedelics to Treat Mental Health - Robb Report - July 25th, 2022
- The hope and hype of psychedelic therapy - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Microdosing Psilocybin Mushrooms May Improve Mental Health and Mood - Healthline - July 25th, 2022
- TDR's Top 5 Psychedelic Developments For The Week Of July 18 - The Dales Report - July 25th, 2022
- Psyched Up: The race to make psychedelic drugs part of mainstream medicine - ABC News - July 25th, 2022
- Keeping the Hippie Dream Alive - The New York Times - July 25th, 2022