WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Yamaha Rightwaters recapped sustainability and conservation initiative progress from the past 12 months during 2022 Capitol Hill Oceans Week. From June 2021 through June 2022, Yamaha Rightwaters sponsored new carbon sequestration and plastics recycling programs in addition to projects that continue to support marine habitat restoration, managing the spread of invasive species and meaningful scientific research.
Conservation is always the center of Yamaha Rightwaters initiatives and partnership development. Were committed to protecting water our most essential natural resource, said Martin Peters, Division Manager, External Affairs, Yamaha U.S. Marine Business Unit. Were looking to ensure clean water and sustainable fisheries for future generations to enjoy, and we know carbon sequestration and the reduction of ocean acidification will continue to play a major role in the health of our waterways.
Yamaha Rightwaters recently joined forces with Texas A&M Universitys Harte Research Institute and the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) to initiate a new conservation project designed to restore the degraded oyster beds of St. Charles Bay in the Gulf of Mexico. The ultimate goal of this study is to quantify the amount of carbon a living oyster can sequester. This data will allow Yamaha Rightwaters, CCA and other conservation organizations to scale future oyster reef restoration projects and to sequester measurable, certifiable amounts of carbon, thereby combating ocean acidification while also creating essential fish habitats.
In June of 2021, Yamaha Rightwaters announced support for the Ducks Unlimited Gulf Coast Initiative, which aims to restore more than 78,000 acres in coastal Louisiana and Texas. In addition to the habitat benefits for fish and wildlife, this project will also help filter nitrates from agricultural runoff while sequestering tons of carbon dioxide each year.
Yamaha Rightwaters also became a supporter of The Billion Oyster Project in 2021, an organization dedicated to restoring oyster reefs to New York Harbor in collaboration with New York City communities. Activities include rearing oysters in four nurseries, planting oysters in suitable areas and using the project as a STEM teaching opportunity. To date, the organization has introduced 75 million oysters to the harbor with the participation of more than 6,000 students.
In an effort to reduce the amount of plastic in U.S. waterways, Yamaha Rightwaters launched a reverse logistics recycling program in August of 2021 to return the protective covers from select boat builders, retail dealers and its three boat production facilities. To date, the program is responsible for returning 17,911 pounds of Polyethylene and Polypropylene sheet plastics back into base materials. Contributing manufacturers include Contender Boats, Regulator Marine, Xpress Boats, Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing (YJBM), Skeeter, G3 Boats, Valhalla Boats, Grady-White Boats and Sportsman Boats.
With a focus on managing the spread of aquatic invasive species, Yamaha Rightwaters is working with the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership and members of the $689 billion recreational industry to create a blue-ribbon commission, which will convene leading biologists, environmentalists, policy makers and resource managers to assess existing mitigation efforts and identify more effective eradication solutions. The commission will present findings to Congress and the administration in 2023 with the goal of passing comprehensive legislation to better manage aquatic invasive species.
In addition, Yamaha Rightwaters currently sponsors the Coastal Conservation Association-Maryland (CCAMD) Aquatic Invasive Species Count, a part fishing tournament, part citizen-science project. The program documents the occurrence of snakehead, blue catfish and flathead catfish, all of which are invasive to Chesapeake Bay. These species negatively impact economically critical native species, such as blue crabs and striped bass, through predation and competition for food and habitat.
Yamaha Rightwaters also continues to support organizations including the NOAA Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary, Keep the Tennessee River Beautiful and Keep the Golden Isles Beautiful, Florida State University Coastal Marine Laboratory, the Conch Republic Marine Army, the Potomac River Keepers and Wounded Nature-Working Veterans through efforts including clean up events, outboard-powered research vessels and continued conservation education.
Serving as the umbrella for all of Yamaha Marines sustainability projects, Yamaha Rightwaters officially launched on World Oceans Day 2019 and marks its three-year anniversary this week. The initiative expanded overseas in 2021 when Yamaha Motor Australia became the first major sponsor of the 100 Smarter Cities for Cleaner Oceans through its alliance with clean technology start-up Seabin.
Yamaha U.S. Marine Business Unit, based in Kennesaw, Ga., markets and sells marine outboard motors ranging in size from 2.5 to 425 horsepower. It also markets and sells fiberglass, jet-drive sport boats ranging from 19 to 27 feet, and personal watercraft. The unit includes manufacturing divisions of Yamaha Marine Systems Co., Inc., including Kracor of Milwaukee (rotational molding), Bennett Marine of Deerfield Beach, Fla. (trim tabs), and Yamaha Marine Precision Propellers of Indianapolis (stainless steel propellers). Yamaha Marine Group is a division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., based in Cypress, Calif.
This document contains many of Yamaha's valuable trademarks. It may also contain trademarks belonging to other companies. Any references to other companies or their products are for identification purposes only and are not intended to be an endorsement.
REMEMBER to always observe all applicable boating laws. Never drink and drive. Dress properly with a USCG-approved personal floatation device and protective gear.
2022 Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Go here to see the original:
- Student groups spur progress toward UM sustainability | The University Record - The University Record - July 29th, 2022
- Firefighters make further progress to contain raging Oak fire near Yosemite - The Guardian US - July 29th, 2022
- Progress toward a stem cellbased therapy for blindness | Penn Today - Penn Today - July 29th, 2022
- Progress on the Clear Fire Alaska Wildland Fire Information - akfireinfo.com - July 29th, 2022
- Ford BlueCruise hands-free review: A work in progress - Axios - July 29th, 2022
- Progress In The Search For Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies IV - Forbes - July 29th, 2022
- PROGRESS 2022: A stabilizing force New IVH commandant brings innovative ideas, energy to position - Marshalltown Times Republican - July 29th, 2022
- Sells: significant progress being made on SMC cancer center addition - KMAland - July 29th, 2022
- adm Group Makes Progress on Sustainability, Earns 'Green Innovation' Award From L'Oral - Advertising Specialty Institute - July 29th, 2022
- Santana Nez, on honoring Navajo culture and agricultural progress - AGDAILY - July 29th, 2022
- The Roots of Black Economic Progress - Econlib - July 29th, 2022
- The independent state legislature doctrine could reverse 200 years of progress and take power away from the people - The Conversation - July 29th, 2022
- Counting still in progress on casino amendment - Arkansas Times - July 29th, 2022
- Unusual Parechovirus Cluster In Infants; Progress On Child Hepatitis - Kaiser Health News - July 29th, 2022
- How to Evaluate Progress in the Justice Department's Jan. 6 Investigation - Lawfare - July 29th, 2022
- Mekhi Becton on move to right tackle: Its a work in progress - NBC Sports - July 29th, 2022
- Surprise: A Divided Congress Is Making Bipartisan Progress - The Wall Street Journal - July 29th, 2022
- Construction projects making progress throughout city | News - Southernminn.com - July 29th, 2022
- Columbia Sportswear Reports Progress on ESG Initiatives - Advertising Specialty Institute - July 29th, 2022
- How the Courier-Post is making progress in newsroom diversity - Courier Post - July 29th, 2022
- Jets training camp observations, Day 3: Sauce Gardner making progress, George Fant nearing a return and Zach - NJ.com - July 29th, 2022
- England and Germany set to show 13 years of progress in Euros final - The Guardian - July 29th, 2022
- IWD concerned about wastewater treatment plant progress Idyllwild Town Crier - Idyllwild Town Cier - July 29th, 2022
- Crews are making progress against a destructive forest fire near Yosemite - NPR - July 27th, 2022
- Exclusive: US and Taliban make progress on Afghan reserves, but big gaps remain - Reuters - July 27th, 2022
- Progress In The Search For Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies III - Forbes - July 27th, 2022
- Progress continues on the Dalton Highway Complex Alaska Wildland Fire Information - akfireinfo.com - July 27th, 2022
- Crews Stop Forward Progress Of Fire That Forced Evacuations In El Dorado County - CBS Sacramento - July 27th, 2022
- McCready Hits the Ground Running Preparing for Office - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- LPD Reaches Out to the Community Through Hot Dogs - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- France tells Iran it's disappointed at lack of progress over nuclear talks - Elysee Palace - Reuters - July 27th, 2022
- Dee Wisneski once stood alone but Title IX has brought progress - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - July 27th, 2022
- WATERS: Inflation no reason to lose ground on pension progress - Times Tribune of Corbin - July 27th, 2022
- BUILDING BLOCKS: NSU will look to continue its forward progress in 2022 - Tahlequah Daily Press - July 27th, 2022
- Time to Save on Taxes Lexington Progress - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- Welcome to Progress | Progress Residential - July 25th, 2022
- LISTEN: Country star John Rich tops iTunes with anti-liberal song ... - July 25th, 2022
- DON: Why is Russia's progress in the Ukraine campaign so slow? - bne IntelliNews - July 25th, 2022
- Forward Progress Halted in Vegetation Fire East of Santa Maria - Santa Barbara Edhat - July 25th, 2022
- Progress in the fight against GM1 - Office of Communications and Marketing - July 25th, 2022
- Forward progress stopped on Banks Fire in Covelo (updated 6:45pm) - The Mendocino Voice - July 25th, 2022
- Swaggering France progress but must be more clinical to beat Germany - The Athletic - July 25th, 2022
- Suppression repair progress interrupted by rain and flooding - nmfireinfo.com - July 25th, 2022
- State of the Nation: France continue to make progress after positive Japan tour - Yahoo Eurosport UK - July 25th, 2022
- Erik Spoelstras wife shares inspiring progress after revealing that their son was battling cancer du... - Heat Nation - July 25th, 2022
- In the Name of Progress | The UCSB Current - The UCSB Current - July 25th, 2022
- Justin Fields progress is the only storyline heading into Bears camp - Chicago Sun-Times - July 25th, 2022
- 87% Leased or Issued: The Unprecedented Progress of Emergency Housing Vouchers - United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) - July 25th, 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West DLC Reportedly in Progress as Actress Heads Into MoCap - PlayStation LifeStyle - July 25th, 2022
- Bruins and Pavel Zacha making progress on contract talks - Yardbarker - July 25th, 2022
- Diabetes Treatment and Research at Yale: 30 Years of Progress - Yale School of Medicine - July 25th, 2022
- Bills Give Major Update on Progress of Tre White's Rehab - Heavy.com - July 25th, 2022
- Brandi Chastain and the never-ending push for progress - Just Women's Sports - July 25th, 2022
- Nishi's Translations - July 13th, 2022
- Pursuing progress at the nanoscale | MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT News - July 13th, 2022
- Cocoa & Forests Initiative reports progress on traceability, agroforestry and forest protection in Ghana and Cte d'Ivoire - Yahoo Finance - July 13th, 2022
- Second-half injury look-ahead for MLBs hobbled stars: Timelines, progress and what to expect upon return - The Athletic - July 13th, 2022
- Have we made much progress on board racial and ethnic diversity? - JD Supra - July 13th, 2022
- The Heat, Suns, And Raptors Have Made No Progress On Figuring Out Trade Packages For Kevin Durant, According To Adrian Wojnarowski - Fadeaway World - July 13th, 2022
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing key to progress in cybersecurity - We Live Security - July 13th, 2022
- Local Ag Producers Offer Local Farm Stands - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- Hitch up the wagons for the Equine Experience at Ag Progress Days - Pennsylvania State University - July 13th, 2022
- MSG Fall Pickleball Signups Open - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- Kids' Monster Mash At Overton Library - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- PepsiCo makes progress on regenerative agriculture and nutrition commitments - BeverageDaily.com - July 13th, 2022
- Firefighters make progress on multiple fires in the Upper Yukon Zone - akfireinfo.com - July 13th, 2022
- Chile making progress in grape inspection site for Systems Approach exports - Fresh Fruit Portal - July 13th, 2022
- The long fight ahead: Gun progress and the lack thereof in America - New York Daily News - July 13th, 2022
- 'Peanut pusher' making progress up Pikes Peak long trip remains - Out There Colorado - July 13th, 2022
- We are all works in progress - Daily Leader - Dailyleader - July 11th, 2022
- Bears training camp preview: Offensive line still a work in progress - Daily Herald - July 11th, 2022
- Upper Yukon Firefighters Make Progress on Active Fires In Spite of Continued Red Flags for Lightning - akfireinfo.com - July 11th, 2022
- Roster tweaks remain in progress for cash-strapped Wild - Star Tribune - July 11th, 2022
- Should the Eagles be concerned about Jalen Hurts' progress? Philly Sports - Philly Sports Network - July 11th, 2022
- VA health staffing shortages back on the rise after years of progress - Federal News Network - July 11th, 2022
- Marshall Fire victim reflects on rebuilding progress 6 months after losing everything - Denver 7 Colorado News - July 11th, 2022
- Forward Progress Stopped on Brush Fire Near Old Power Plant in Pittsburg - NBC Bay Area - July 11th, 2022
- Crews Stop Forward Progress Of New Fire In Placer County That Grew To 166 Acres; 85% Contained - CBS Sacramento - July 11th, 2022
- Sixto Snchez making progress in rehab - MLB.com - July 11th, 2022
- Celtics progress with Juhann Begarin, JD Davison and more: Summer league what to watch - The Athletic - July 11th, 2022