UPDATE: At a town hall meeting on Tuesday, fire officials announced that the High Park fire in Teller County is now 70% contained.
UPDATE (Tuesday): According to fire crews, the High Park Fire currently burning in Teller County is now 37% contained, up 10% from progress made over the weekend.
So far, crews say, the fire has burned almost 1,600 acres.
Helicopters continue to make water drops over the area, focusing on the southern end of the fire.
About 400 people and 75 businesses are under evacuation or pre-evacuation status.
A federal incident management team took the lead on the High Park Fire over the weekend.
UPDATE: Crews fighting the High Park Fire in Teller County provided an update of their progress on Monday.
Yesterday was a really good day, said Lathan Johnson of Rocky Mountain Complex Incident Management Team 1. We were able to continue to secure a lot of line.
Johnson said the fire began to move south, which he clarified was helpful to crews on scene because thats easier terrain.
UPDATE: The fire has grown to 1,558 acres and is 27% contained. Helicopters continue running dip and drop cycles delivering water over areas of heat, primarily in the southern end of the fire.
TELLER COUNTY, Colo. The High Park Fire in Teller County, which sparked on May 12, 2022, has burned 1,499 acres and is now 27% contained. The countys sheriffs department has reported no structures have been lost as 180 personnel fight the flames, with additional support on the way.
A federal Incident Management Team took command of the fire on Sunday. Teller County Commissioner Dan Williams has asked Governor Jared Polis to declare a state disaster.
Dozens of people in Teller County are still under evacuation orders.
There is, as yet, no word on what started the High Park Fire.
UPDATE: More photos of the fire and burned areas.
UPDATE: Videos show helicopters dousing hot spots of the High Park Fire with buckets of water.
UPDATE: Pre-evacuation notices are in effect for Rhyolite Mountain Mesa, Monarch and Lost Canyon. An evacuation shelter has been set up at Woodland Park High School. Livestock can be taken to Cripple Creek Fairgrounds.
County Road 11 is closed from milepost 3 to County Road 112.
The Teller County Sheriffs Office will have a community town hall meeting at 1 p.m. at Cripple Creek Victor High School.
The fires increase in size is due to a combination of firing operations to secure indirect fireline and wind-driven fire, according to Mykell Kroll, Fremont County Director of Emergency Management. It is burning in ponderosa pine and grass in steep, rocky terrain with High Park Road to the west and Fourmile Creek to the east. The fire has been most active at the southeast corner of the fire perimeter where it spotted across Fourmile Creek.
Firefighters will continue to patrol and mop up heat sources to secure the fires edge in all sections of the fire.
Helicopters and air attack platforms will continue to support the firefighting effort with aerial observation and bucket drops.
UPDATE: The fire has increased to 1,172 acres with 10% containment. The briefing for this morning has been cancelled.
UPDATE: A video of a press conference with the Teller County Sheriffs office has been released below.
UPDATE: At a briefing early morning, the Teller County Sheriffs Office stated the fire was over 1,000 acres and is 10% contained. There will be another briefing for evacuated individuals at Florissant fire station at 1 p.m.
TELLER COUNTY, Colo. The High Park fire burned back on itself on Friday, forcing new mandatory and pre-evacuation orders and closing down roads in the area.
View original post here:
- Travis Etiennes recovery and progress is encouraging - Big Cat Country - June 11th, 2022
- Motocross accelerates through 50 years of progress - The Columbian - June 11th, 2022
- Sweden seeks constructive progress with Turkey over NATO bid - Reuters - June 11th, 2022
- What progress has New Mexico made on education reform? - KOB 4 - June 11th, 2022
- Andy Reid gives progress report on Chiefs second-year WR Josh Gordon - Chiefs Wire - June 11th, 2022
- McKee administration says there has been progress in Tidewater Landing talks - The Boston Globe - June 11th, 2022
- Ministers from around the world agree to speed up energy efficiency progress to help tackle global energy crisis - News - IEA - June 11th, 2022
- Revamped Falcons' offense is a work in progress - The Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 11th, 2022
- Statement - Government of Canada and airport and airline partners making progress on reducing traveller wait times at Canada's major airports - Yahoo... - June 11th, 2022
- From the ruins, festive progress - The Suffolk News-Herald - Suffolk News-Herald - June 11th, 2022
- Entain Encouraged By Progress With A.I. Platform On Responsible Gaming As CEO Celebrates 500th Day At Helm - Forbes - June 11th, 2022
- Forward progress reportedly stopped on vegetation fire near Hopland - Ukiah Daily Journal - June 11th, 2022
- Gauging the Progress in Building New Bears Offense - Yardbarker - June 11th, 2022
- 'On the cusp of greatness': Rowan EDC recaps progress, looks toward future at annual meeting - Salisbury Post - Salisbury Post - June 11th, 2022
- Mondaire Jones says LGBTQ progress at risk of being rolled back - The Hill - June 11th, 2022
- COMEA making progress on low barrier shelter | Local News | wyomingnews.com - Wyoming Tribune - June 11th, 2022
- Will Warzone Progress Carry Over To Warzone 2? - Looper - June 11th, 2022
- Significant Progress Being Made in Evidence Collection of ISIL/Da'esh's Crimes in Iraq, Investigating Team Head Tells Security Council | Meetings... - June 11th, 2022
- Pandemic Learning: Less Academic Progress Overall, Student and Teacher Strain, and Implications for the Future - Government Accountability Office - June 9th, 2022
- Minneapolis violence interrupters report on 1st year of progress - KSTP - June 9th, 2022
- Nestl driving progress on dairy emissions: 'We believe in the goodness of milk' - FoodNavigator-USA.com - June 9th, 2022
- ASCO 2022: Gilead's tough weekend, bispecific progress and 'gamma delta' cell therapy - BioPharma Dive - June 9th, 2022
- For the first time in the city's history, Green Bay raises the Progress flag for Pride Month - Green Bay Press Gazette - June 9th, 2022
- Bill Belichick pleased with progress of 2021 draft class with Tre Nixon shining at minicamp - Patriots Wire - June 9th, 2022
- Meeting of Ministers from around the world can turbocharge energy efficiency progress to combat energy crisis and meet climate goals - News - IEA - June 9th, 2022
- 'Mixed' progress on food safety in Australia in past year - Food Safety News - June 9th, 2022
- Progress Through Partnerships: The Bumble Bee Seafood Company Releases its 2022 Seafood Future Report - Business Wire - June 9th, 2022
- Zoetis Releases 2021 Sustainability Update to Share Progress in Championing Healthier Communities, Animals and the Planet - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2022
- Quinton Byfields progress, and the L.A. Kings 2022-23 defense: Mailbag, part 2 - The Athletic - June 9th, 2022
- Legacy Drive traffic switches, Panther Creek Parkway progress and more Frisco transportation updates - Community Impact Newspaper - June 9th, 2022
- Yamaha Rightwaters Reports Annual Initiative Progress - Business Wire - June 9th, 2022
- What Sheryl Sandbergs Exit Reveals About Womens Progress in Tech - The New York Times - June 9th, 2022
- Peacock's Queer As Folk Reboot Isn't For Everyone, and That's Progress - PRIMETIMER - June 9th, 2022
- Management of troubled Serenity Towers returns to court with progress report - FOX13 Memphis - June 9th, 2022
- HP Inc. Reports Progress Toward Its 2030 Sustainable Impact Goals, Including Achieving a Significant Reduction in Single-Use Plastic Packaging - Yahoo... - June 9th, 2022
- Severe Asthma Market to Progress Upto USD 7 Billion by 2032 | DelveInsight - PR Newswire - June 9th, 2022
- CANADA CONFIRMS DAVIE'S PROGRESS TO BECOME THE THIRD NATIONAL SHIPBUILDING STRATEGY PARTNER - Benzinga - Benzinga - June 9th, 2022
- Secretary Raimondo Raises Progress Pride Flag and Reaffirms Commerce's Commitment to Building a More Inclusive Society for All Americans - US... - June 9th, 2022
- Wife says Fettermans doctors really impressed with his progress - The Hill - June 9th, 2022
- Harvard police chief recalls his first year of pandemic, progress - Harvard Gazette - May 20th, 2022
- Hermits Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Managers Report Progress, Brace for Return of Winds - Santa Fe Reporter - May 20th, 2022
- Community progress in Maryvale based on coming together, hearing people, says former ASU program head - ASU News Now - May 20th, 2022
- Opinion | American Progress Is No Longer a Sure Thing - The New York Times - May 20th, 2022
- Karl Dorrell pleased with CU Buffs offseason progress - Greeley Tribune - May 20th, 2022
- Apple shows AR/VR headset to its board in sign of progress on project - AdAge.com - May 20th, 2022
- MoDOT gives behind the scenes of progress on Rocheport bridge - ABC17News.com - May 20th, 2022
- Firefighters make progress on control lines ahead of the Bear Trap Fire - nmfireinfo.com - May 20th, 2022
- Community development plan: Fort Hood Family Housing building a bridge to progress - United States Army - May 20th, 2022
- Hard Work and Progress Pave Hawks' Road to State - KCII Radio - May 20th, 2022
- Bernd Rodler: Real Innovation And Progress Happen Beyond Big Tech (Part II) Interview - Eurasia Review - May 20th, 2022
- Bristol Myers Squibb Data at ASCO and EHA 2022 Highlight Progress in Transforming Treatment for Patients with Cancer and Blood Disorders - Business... - May 20th, 2022
- Work in Progress: May 19, 2022 The Sopris Sun - soprissun.com - May 20th, 2022
- Viola Davis Reveals a Director Called Her by His Maids Name, Speaks Out on Hollywoods Slow Race Progress (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - May 20th, 2022
- USDOT: Nation seeing signs of progress in supply chain as historic level of goods flow in - TheTrucker.com - The Trucker - May 20th, 2022
- Top CTV Buyers 'frustrated' By Slow Progress Of Ad Measurement Projects - The Drum - May 20th, 2022
- Fire crews stop forward progress of Evita Fire, evacuation warning downgraded - Action News Now - May 20th, 2022
- Third Round Bound Progress Times - Progresstimes - May 20th, 2022
- Elon Musk: Twitter deal cannot progress without proof on bot numbers - The Guardian - May 17th, 2022
- Accelerate sustainability progress and business growth with Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability starting June 1 - The Official Microsoft Blog -... - May 17th, 2022
- Report finds little progress reducing violence against Native American women - MPR News - May 17th, 2022
- During Infrastructure Week, Mayor Bowser Highlights Progress in Expanding Access to Solar Projects Through DC Green Bank | mayormb - Executive Office... - May 17th, 2022
- Review highlights progress of the Greenfield school year - The Highland County Press - May 17th, 2022
- Karl Dorrell pleased with CU Buffs offseason progress - BuffZone - May 17th, 2022
- How Should Cybersecurity Leaders Report on Their Progress? - BizTech Magazine - May 17th, 2022
- With Inflation, California Worries About Progress On Poverty - LAist - May 17th, 2022
- Palmhurst to hold special mayoral election Progress Times - Progresstimes - May 17th, 2022
- As It Were: Mounds didn't stand in way of Columbus' progress - The Columbus Dispatch - May 17th, 2022
- Major progress made, alternatives offered to help ease baby formula shortage - KITV Honolulu - May 17th, 2022
- Progress Releases MOVEit 2022 with Advanced Capabilities to Secure and Simplify File Transfer Across Systems | Progress Software Corporation -... - May 17th, 2022
- Calling for rapid progress on the formation of a stable government in Iraq: UK Statement at the UN Security Council - GOV.UK - May 17th, 2022
- Mayor declares it Affordable Housing Week to celebrate progress made and stress need for additional investment - LouisvilleKy.gov - May 17th, 2022
- Employee trust4 ways to maintain progress made during the pandemic - AdAge.com - May 17th, 2022
- UN advisor on Libya pleased with encouraging progress in talks between HoR and HSC - Egypt Today - May 17th, 2022
- The lunar eclipse in progress - KETV Omaha - May 17th, 2022
- Assault victim taken to the hospital with CPR in progress - KETV Omaha - May 17th, 2022
- More progress in fight to contain northern Michigan wildfire - Detroit News - May 17th, 2022
- Firefighters stop forward progress of wind-driven fire near Porter Ranch - KTLA Los Angeles - May 15th, 2022
- The Messy Progress on Data Privacy - The New York Times - May 15th, 2022
- Work in Progress: Alma baseball off to 8-8 start - The Morning Sun - May 15th, 2022
- Storm chances remain high as we progress through the weekend - FOX 59 Indianapolis - May 15th, 2022