Good morning, Camden Chatters.
If youre still holding out hope for a swift end to the MLB lockout, that hope is fading fast. According to ESPNs Jesse Rogers, the league and the MLBPA have made very little progress toward a new deal, having only discussed non-core issues this month while saving the heavy lifting the major economic issues for January negotiations. Rogers adds, its anyone guess right now if that will happen on Jan. 2 or Jan. 22.
Youre telling me the players and owners might not even start talking about the most contentious issues until late January? Given how long those negotiations will surely take, it would be a miracle for the two sides to agree on a new collective bargaining agreement before pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report in mid-February. And the longer thats pushed back, the more danger there is of the 2022 season failing to start on time.
For now, though, nobody involved seems to feel any particular sense of urgency, especially with the holiday season upon us. And so we wait. As always.
And while were waiting, how about taking a crack at todays Camden Chat Sporcle quiz? Lets see how well you know Orioles playoff teams specifically, every starting pitcher for Orioles playoff teams. Youll surely know a bunch of great Os pitchers who started many postseason games, but once you get down to the one- and two-gamers, this ones a puzzler. I definitely wouldnt have guessed a few of those names without looking them up.
A conversation with Orioles player development director Matt Blood, Part 2 The AthleticI had never heard the term practice design before, but its something the Orioles really value in their new hitting coaches. Its almost like these guys are smarter than me.
Bemboom braced for competition and Rutschmans arrival - School of RochWeve been seeing very few interviews with actual baseball players since the lockout began. So this chat with new catcher Anthony Bemboom, however unexciting, is a refreshing change of pace.
Wondering how many of the Orioles gang will join Showalter in New York - BaltimoreBaseball.comRich Dubroff speculates new Mets manager Buck Showalter could reunite with some of his former Orioles coaches, or players, for his coaching staff in New York. Any staff that includes Adam Jones would have my heartfelt approval.
The pitcher that went from Rule 5 longshot to bullpen stalwart - Steve MelewskiSpoiler: it was Tyler Wells.
Is today your birthday? Happy birthday! Two Orioles from the past decade have birthdays today right-hander Asher Wojciechowski (33) and catcher Taylor Teagarden (38) as do four guys who each played 10+ years in the majors but only one season apiece with the Birds: righties Roger McDowell (61) and LaTroy Hawkins (49) and outfielders Elliott Maddox (74) and Andy Van Slyke (61).
On this day in 1976, the Orioles officially parted ways with veteran lefty and 22nd best Oriole of all time, Mike Cuellar, granting him his release. Cuellars eight-year career with the Birds had featured a Cy Young award, four 20-win seasons, three All-Star selections, four years of down-ballot MVP votes, and a World Series championship. He was coming off a rough 1976 season, though, in which he went 4-13 with a 4.96 ERA. Cuellar signed with the Angels but worked just two games before calling it a career.
And on this date in 1995, the Orioles signed Hall of Famer and 45th best Oriole Roberto Alomar to a three-year deal in free agency. On the field he was superb, posting a 12.5 bWAR and collecting two Gold Glove awards in three All-Star seasons. But his Os tenure was marred by an ugly incident in which he spit on umpire John Hirschbeck, and last year he was placed on MLBs ineligible list over a sexual misconduct allegation.
Read more here:
- Harvard police chief recalls his first year of pandemic, progress - Harvard Gazette - May 20th, 2022
- Hermits Peak/Calf Canyon Fire Managers Report Progress, Brace for Return of Winds - Santa Fe Reporter - May 20th, 2022
- Community progress in Maryvale based on coming together, hearing people, says former ASU program head - ASU News Now - May 20th, 2022
- Opinion | American Progress Is No Longer a Sure Thing - The New York Times - May 20th, 2022
- Karl Dorrell pleased with CU Buffs offseason progress - Greeley Tribune - May 20th, 2022
- Apple shows AR/VR headset to its board in sign of progress on project - AdAge.com - May 20th, 2022
- MoDOT gives behind the scenes of progress on Rocheport bridge - ABC17News.com - May 20th, 2022
- Firefighters make progress on control lines ahead of the Bear Trap Fire - nmfireinfo.com - May 20th, 2022
- Community development plan: Fort Hood Family Housing building a bridge to progress - United States Army - May 20th, 2022
- Hard Work and Progress Pave Hawks' Road to State - KCII Radio - May 20th, 2022
- Bernd Rodler: Real Innovation And Progress Happen Beyond Big Tech (Part II) Interview - Eurasia Review - May 20th, 2022
- Bristol Myers Squibb Data at ASCO and EHA 2022 Highlight Progress in Transforming Treatment for Patients with Cancer and Blood Disorders - Business... - May 20th, 2022
- Work in Progress: May 19, 2022 The Sopris Sun - soprissun.com - May 20th, 2022
- Viola Davis Reveals a Director Called Her by His Maids Name, Speaks Out on Hollywoods Slow Race Progress (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - May 20th, 2022
- USDOT: Nation seeing signs of progress in supply chain as historic level of goods flow in - TheTrucker.com - The Trucker - May 20th, 2022
- Top CTV Buyers 'frustrated' By Slow Progress Of Ad Measurement Projects - The Drum - May 20th, 2022
- Fire crews stop forward progress of Evita Fire, evacuation warning downgraded - Action News Now - May 20th, 2022
- Third Round Bound Progress Times - Progresstimes - May 20th, 2022
- Elon Musk: Twitter deal cannot progress without proof on bot numbers - The Guardian - May 17th, 2022
- Accelerate sustainability progress and business growth with Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability starting June 1 - The Official Microsoft Blog -... - May 17th, 2022
- Report finds little progress reducing violence against Native American women - MPR News - May 17th, 2022
- During Infrastructure Week, Mayor Bowser Highlights Progress in Expanding Access to Solar Projects Through DC Green Bank | mayormb - Executive Office... - May 17th, 2022
- Review highlights progress of the Greenfield school year - The Highland County Press - May 17th, 2022
- Karl Dorrell pleased with CU Buffs offseason progress - BuffZone - May 17th, 2022
- How Should Cybersecurity Leaders Report on Their Progress? - BizTech Magazine - May 17th, 2022
- With Inflation, California Worries About Progress On Poverty - LAist - May 17th, 2022
- Palmhurst to hold special mayoral election Progress Times - Progresstimes - May 17th, 2022
- As It Were: Mounds didn't stand in way of Columbus' progress - The Columbus Dispatch - May 17th, 2022
- Major progress made, alternatives offered to help ease baby formula shortage - KITV Honolulu - May 17th, 2022
- Progress Releases MOVEit 2022 with Advanced Capabilities to Secure and Simplify File Transfer Across Systems | Progress Software Corporation -... - May 17th, 2022
- Calling for rapid progress on the formation of a stable government in Iraq: UK Statement at the UN Security Council - GOV.UK - May 17th, 2022
- Mayor declares it Affordable Housing Week to celebrate progress made and stress need for additional investment - LouisvilleKy.gov - May 17th, 2022
- Employee trust4 ways to maintain progress made during the pandemic - AdAge.com - May 17th, 2022
- UN advisor on Libya pleased with encouraging progress in talks between HoR and HSC - Egypt Today - May 17th, 2022
- The lunar eclipse in progress - KETV Omaha - May 17th, 2022
- Assault victim taken to the hospital with CPR in progress - KETV Omaha - May 17th, 2022
- More progress in fight to contain northern Michigan wildfire - Detroit News - May 17th, 2022
- UPDATE: Crews make progress on High Park Fire over the weekend - FOX21News.com - May 17th, 2022
- Firefighters stop forward progress of wind-driven fire near Porter Ranch - KTLA Los Angeles - May 15th, 2022
- The Messy Progress on Data Privacy - The New York Times - May 15th, 2022
- Work in Progress: Alma baseball off to 8-8 start - The Morning Sun - May 15th, 2022
- Storm chances remain high as we progress through the weekend - FOX 59 Indianapolis - May 15th, 2022
- Cash, coal, cars and trees: what progress has been made since Cop26? - The Guardian - May 15th, 2022
- Progress to Participate in the 17th Annual Needham Technology & Media Conference - GlobeNewswire - May 15th, 2022
- New report shows progress and missed opportunities in the control of NCDs at the national level - World Health Organization - May 15th, 2022
- Biden: Progress on baby formula supply coming very shortly - The Hill - May 15th, 2022
- Springbank homeowner comes across break-and-enter in progress: RCMP - Airdrie Today - May 15th, 2022
- Tompkins confident in progress of $50 million street program - Herald-Banner - May 15th, 2022
- 2022 Projects for Progress awardees continue working with community | Penn Today - Penn Today - May 15th, 2022
- Otter Tail Power Company Making Great Progress Many in Castlewood Will Have Power Soon - mykxlg.com - May 15th, 2022
- UAE saw surge in progress in these six areas during Sheikh Khalifa's years in office - The National - May 15th, 2022
- 3 Questions: Daniel Anderson on the progress of mRNA vaccines - MIT News - May 13th, 2022
- Construction Progress on the New Crystal Police Station - CCX Media - ccxmedia.org - May 13th, 2022
- Progress Releases MOVEit 2022 with Advanced Capabilities to Secure and Simplify File Transfer Across Systems - GlobeNewswire - May 13th, 2022
- MIT Climate Plug-In highlights first year of progress on MIT's climate plan - MIT News - May 13th, 2022
- Mayor Dyer discusses progress and upcoming projects at State of the City - YourCentralValley.com - May 13th, 2022
- Michigan Recycling Coalition EGLE celebrate progress state has made over 40 years - Michigan (.gov) - May 13th, 2022
- Intel 2021 diversity and inclusion report shows small progress amid pandemic - VentureBeat - May 13th, 2022
- Readout of Meeting with Partnership for Central America to Drive Progress on Vice President Harris's Call to Action - The White House - May 13th, 2022
- Surescripts webinar highlights: Interoperability progress depends on how you look at it - MedCity News - May 13th, 2022
- Caterpillar 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Report Highlights Progress with Growth in Diverse Populations - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2022
- Target's Progress on Investing $2 Billion in Black-owned Businesses - Target Corporate - May 13th, 2022
- Evil Dead The Game review in progress hail to the king, baby - The Loadout - May 13th, 2022
- PAYCORE MINERALS DRILLING PROGRESS AND COMPANY TO PARTICIPATE IN CANACCORD GLOBAL METALS & MINING CONFERENCE - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2022
- Pirates advance as seniors shine - The Progress - mvprogress - May 13th, 2022
- Riley Herbst showing progress with Stewart-Haas: Momentum is everything - NASCAR - May 13th, 2022
- New Images Reveal Construction Progress of ODA's POST Rotterdam - ArchDaily - May 13th, 2022
- Decades of progress and promises squandered as rights begin to disappear - Reno Gazette Journal - May 13th, 2022
- Nissan demonstrates strong progress with Nissan NEXT transformation plan - Automotive World - May 13th, 2022
- Wireless LAN Development Progress Analysis Report 2022: Analyze Recently Introduced or Still in Development Advanced Wi-Fi Technologies -... - May 13th, 2022
- Westfield Sees Progress on Several Fronts - Business West - May 13th, 2022
- LUNA, UST re-listed on Binance there is progress - CryptoSlate - May 13th, 2022
- A Great Sign of Progress - The Wave - The Wave, Rockaway's Newspaper Since 1893 - May 13th, 2022
- Russia's Progress in Donbas Means Ukraine Likely Won't Win the War - 19FortyFive - May 13th, 2022
- Swinney gives post-spring injury progress report - The Clemson Insider - May 13th, 2022
- Revenge Of The Mummy's Refurbishment Has Made Some Progress, But There's Still No Update On Brendan Fraser's Fate In The Attraction - CinemaBlend - May 3rd, 2022
- Corn and soybean planting progress still behind five-year averages - Successful Farming - May 3rd, 2022
- Want to Get Involved in Burbank's Decision Making Progress? - MyBurbank.com - May 3rd, 2022
- Wolves realize progress from 1st-round exit not a given - NBA.com - May 3rd, 2022
- Novak Djokovic Hopeful Of Further Progress In Madrid - ATP Tour - May 3rd, 2022