Northampton, MA --News Direct-- HP Inc.
Sustainable Impact is at the heart of HPs business strategy and the company aims to be the worlds most sustainable and just technology company. In 2021, HP announced its most comprehensive and ambitious Sustainable Impact agenda yet. With the release of its 2021 Sustainable Impact Report and Executive Summarymarking HPs 21st year of reportingthe company reports its first progress toward its 2030 goals spanning Climate Action, Human Rights and Digital Equity.
Here are some of the highlights:
Paving the Road to Net Zero: The company achieved a 9% absolute greenhouse gas emissions reduction across HPs value chain since 2019, as HP aims to achieve net zero GHG emissions by 2040.
Eliminating Plastics: HP reduced single-use plastic packaging by 44%, since 2018, well over half the way toward achieving its goal to eliminate 75% of single-use plastic packaging by 2025 and making progress toward its goal to reach 75% circularity for products and packaging by 2030.
Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: HP increased the number of Black/African American executives by 33% over the previous year, which gets HP about one-third of the way to achieving its goal to double the number by 2025.
Empowering Workers in HPs Supply Chain: In 2021, HP set a goal to reach one million workers through worker empowerment programs by 2030and, by years end, HP was more than a third of the way there, reaching 349,000 workers through 2021.
Accelerating Digital Equity: HP accelerated digital equity for 4.3 million people in 2021, by providing hardware, skills training, and access to quality content in partnership with organizations like Girl Rising, NABU, and MIT Solve. This is the first year HP reported progress toward its goal to accelerate digital equity for 150 million people by 2030.
HP believes one thoughtful idea has the power to change the world. From its earliest days as a company, HP has been a place where innovation drives extraordinary contributions to humanity. The company reports that Sustainable Impact is an influencing factor in customer purchasing decisions. In fact, Sustainable Impact helped HP garner more than US$3.5B in new sales wins in fiscal year 2021, and the company tracked over US$7 billion in new sales in which it met customer requirements for registered product eco-labels, including ENERGY STAR, EPEAT, and Blue Angel.
There are areas where we are leading but also opportunities for us to do more. Our teams are operating with the deep sense of urgency needed to make continuous improvements, while forging partnerships to maximize our impact, said Enrique Lores, President and CEO, HP.
Media contact:HP Inc. Media RelationsMediaRelations@hp.com
 As a percentage of U.S. personnel with the title of Executive, formerly called Vice President.
 This replaces and expands on HPs prior goal to develop skills and improve the wellbeing of 500,000 factory workers by 2025, since the beginning of 2015. Progress through 2021 against that goal includes a total of 349,000 factory workers: 77,800 factory workers in 2015; 45,700 in 2016; 119,900 in 2017; 12,000 in 2018; 11,000 in 2019; 46,000 in 2020; and 37,000 in 2021. Prior to 2020, data included production supplier workers only. In 2020, HP expanded the scope of its program to also include nonproduction supplier workers and workers at HP-controlled manufacturing facilities. Total does not equal sum of data for each year due to rounding.
 Our programs aim to accelerate digital equity through providing access to at least one of the following: hardware, connectivity, content, or digital literacy.
 In 2021, HP tracked over US$3.5 billion in new sales (total contract value) in which sustainability criteria were a known consideration and were supported actively by HPs Sustainability and Compliance organization and Commercial organization.
 Absolute reduction of Scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG emissions compared to 2019. Excludes non-HP paper consumed during product use.
 Calculated as the percentage of primary plastic packaging (by weight) reduced per unit shipped. Excludes secondary and tertiary packaging components. Includes HP personal systems and printer hardware packaging. Does not include packaging for the following: Graphics Solutions hardware other than PageWide XL and DesignJet printers; 3D printing hardware; print supplies; refurbished products; and accessories such as third-party options, drop in box, and aftermarket options.
 Percentage of HPs total annual product and packaging content, by weight, that will come from recycled and renewable materials and reused products and parts by 2030.
Read the Report
View additional multimedia and more ESG storytelling from HP Inc. on 3blmedia.com
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/hp-inc-reports-progress-toward-its-2030-sustainable-impact-goals-including-achieving-a-significant-reduction-in-single-use-plastic-packaging-274158327
The rest is here:
- Student groups spur progress toward UM sustainability | The University Record - The University Record - July 29th, 2022
- Firefighters make further progress to contain raging Oak fire near Yosemite - The Guardian US - July 29th, 2022
- Progress toward a stem cellbased therapy for blindness | Penn Today - Penn Today - July 29th, 2022
- Progress on the Clear Fire Alaska Wildland Fire Information - akfireinfo.com - July 29th, 2022
- Ford BlueCruise hands-free review: A work in progress - Axios - July 29th, 2022
- Progress In The Search For Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies IV - Forbes - July 29th, 2022
- PROGRESS 2022: A stabilizing force New IVH commandant brings innovative ideas, energy to position - Marshalltown Times Republican - July 29th, 2022
- Sells: significant progress being made on SMC cancer center addition - KMAland - July 29th, 2022
- adm Group Makes Progress on Sustainability, Earns 'Green Innovation' Award From L'Oral - Advertising Specialty Institute - July 29th, 2022
- Santana Nez, on honoring Navajo culture and agricultural progress - AGDAILY - July 29th, 2022
- The Roots of Black Economic Progress - Econlib - July 29th, 2022
- The independent state legislature doctrine could reverse 200 years of progress and take power away from the people - The Conversation - July 29th, 2022
- Counting still in progress on casino amendment - Arkansas Times - July 29th, 2022
- Unusual Parechovirus Cluster In Infants; Progress On Child Hepatitis - Kaiser Health News - July 29th, 2022
- How to Evaluate Progress in the Justice Department's Jan. 6 Investigation - Lawfare - July 29th, 2022
- Mekhi Becton on move to right tackle: Its a work in progress - NBC Sports - July 29th, 2022
- Surprise: A Divided Congress Is Making Bipartisan Progress - The Wall Street Journal - July 29th, 2022
- Construction projects making progress throughout city | News - Southernminn.com - July 29th, 2022
- Columbia Sportswear Reports Progress on ESG Initiatives - Advertising Specialty Institute - July 29th, 2022
- How the Courier-Post is making progress in newsroom diversity - Courier Post - July 29th, 2022
- Jets training camp observations, Day 3: Sauce Gardner making progress, George Fant nearing a return and Zach - NJ.com - July 29th, 2022
- England and Germany set to show 13 years of progress in Euros final - The Guardian - July 29th, 2022
- IWD concerned about wastewater treatment plant progress Idyllwild Town Crier - Idyllwild Town Cier - July 29th, 2022
- Crews are making progress against a destructive forest fire near Yosemite - NPR - July 27th, 2022
- Exclusive: US and Taliban make progress on Afghan reserves, but big gaps remain - Reuters - July 27th, 2022
- Progress In The Search For Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies III - Forbes - July 27th, 2022
- Progress continues on the Dalton Highway Complex Alaska Wildland Fire Information - akfireinfo.com - July 27th, 2022
- Crews Stop Forward Progress Of Fire That Forced Evacuations In El Dorado County - CBS Sacramento - July 27th, 2022
- McCready Hits the Ground Running Preparing for Office - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- LPD Reaches Out to the Community Through Hot Dogs - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- France tells Iran it's disappointed at lack of progress over nuclear talks - Elysee Palace - Reuters - July 27th, 2022
- Dee Wisneski once stood alone but Title IX has brought progress - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - July 27th, 2022
- WATERS: Inflation no reason to lose ground on pension progress - Times Tribune of Corbin - July 27th, 2022
- BUILDING BLOCKS: NSU will look to continue its forward progress in 2022 - Tahlequah Daily Press - July 27th, 2022
- Time to Save on Taxes Lexington Progress - lexingtonprogress.com - July 27th, 2022
- Welcome to Progress | Progress Residential - July 25th, 2022
- LISTEN: Country star John Rich tops iTunes with anti-liberal song ... - July 25th, 2022
- DON: Why is Russia's progress in the Ukraine campaign so slow? - bne IntelliNews - July 25th, 2022
- Forward Progress Halted in Vegetation Fire East of Santa Maria - Santa Barbara Edhat - July 25th, 2022
- Progress in the fight against GM1 - Office of Communications and Marketing - July 25th, 2022
- Forward progress stopped on Banks Fire in Covelo (updated 6:45pm) - The Mendocino Voice - July 25th, 2022
- Swaggering France progress but must be more clinical to beat Germany - The Athletic - July 25th, 2022
- Suppression repair progress interrupted by rain and flooding - nmfireinfo.com - July 25th, 2022
- State of the Nation: France continue to make progress after positive Japan tour - Yahoo Eurosport UK - July 25th, 2022
- Erik Spoelstras wife shares inspiring progress after revealing that their son was battling cancer du... - Heat Nation - July 25th, 2022
- In the Name of Progress | The UCSB Current - The UCSB Current - July 25th, 2022
- Justin Fields progress is the only storyline heading into Bears camp - Chicago Sun-Times - July 25th, 2022
- 87% Leased or Issued: The Unprecedented Progress of Emergency Housing Vouchers - United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) - July 25th, 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West DLC Reportedly in Progress as Actress Heads Into MoCap - PlayStation LifeStyle - July 25th, 2022
- Bruins and Pavel Zacha making progress on contract talks - Yardbarker - July 25th, 2022
- Diabetes Treatment and Research at Yale: 30 Years of Progress - Yale School of Medicine - July 25th, 2022
- Bills Give Major Update on Progress of Tre White's Rehab - Heavy.com - July 25th, 2022
- Brandi Chastain and the never-ending push for progress - Just Women's Sports - July 25th, 2022
- Nishi's Translations - July 13th, 2022
- Pursuing progress at the nanoscale | MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT News - July 13th, 2022
- Cocoa & Forests Initiative reports progress on traceability, agroforestry and forest protection in Ghana and Cte d'Ivoire - Yahoo Finance - July 13th, 2022
- Second-half injury look-ahead for MLBs hobbled stars: Timelines, progress and what to expect upon return - The Athletic - July 13th, 2022
- Have we made much progress on board racial and ethnic diversity? - JD Supra - July 13th, 2022
- The Heat, Suns, And Raptors Have Made No Progress On Figuring Out Trade Packages For Kevin Durant, According To Adrian Wojnarowski - Fadeaway World - July 13th, 2022
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing key to progress in cybersecurity - We Live Security - July 13th, 2022
- Local Ag Producers Offer Local Farm Stands - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- Hitch up the wagons for the Equine Experience at Ag Progress Days - Pennsylvania State University - July 13th, 2022
- MSG Fall Pickleball Signups Open - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- Kids' Monster Mash At Overton Library - The Progress - mvprogress - July 13th, 2022
- PepsiCo makes progress on regenerative agriculture and nutrition commitments - BeverageDaily.com - July 13th, 2022
- Firefighters make progress on multiple fires in the Upper Yukon Zone - akfireinfo.com - July 13th, 2022
- Chile making progress in grape inspection site for Systems Approach exports - Fresh Fruit Portal - July 13th, 2022
- The long fight ahead: Gun progress and the lack thereof in America - New York Daily News - July 13th, 2022
- 'Peanut pusher' making progress up Pikes Peak long trip remains - Out There Colorado - July 13th, 2022
- We are all works in progress - Daily Leader - Dailyleader - July 11th, 2022
- Bears training camp preview: Offensive line still a work in progress - Daily Herald - July 11th, 2022
- Upper Yukon Firefighters Make Progress on Active Fires In Spite of Continued Red Flags for Lightning - akfireinfo.com - July 11th, 2022
- Roster tweaks remain in progress for cash-strapped Wild - Star Tribune - July 11th, 2022
- Should the Eagles be concerned about Jalen Hurts' progress? Philly Sports - Philly Sports Network - July 11th, 2022
- VA health staffing shortages back on the rise after years of progress - Federal News Network - July 11th, 2022
- Marshall Fire victim reflects on rebuilding progress 6 months after losing everything - Denver 7 Colorado News - July 11th, 2022
- Forward Progress Stopped on Brush Fire Near Old Power Plant in Pittsburg - NBC Bay Area - July 11th, 2022
- Crews Stop Forward Progress Of New Fire In Placer County That Grew To 166 Acres; 85% Contained - CBS Sacramento - July 11th, 2022
- Sixto Snchez making progress in rehab - MLB.com - July 11th, 2022
- Celtics progress with Juhann Begarin, JD Davison and more: Summer league what to watch - The Athletic - July 11th, 2022