Water and wastewater issues in Bloomfield Borough are coming to a close as the borough makes progress to improve both ends of its water cycle, officials said.
The closing of the loop began last month with the official licensing and ribbon cutting ceremony of the new water treatment facility on Jeanne Fry Lane in Centre Twp., just east of the borough.
Borough water authority Chairman Ed Albright said the state Department of Environmental Protection cleared the facility for operations just a few days before the ribbon cutting ceremony on Sept. 18. The new facility both chemically treats and filters water from its new well at the same site. The well and facility construction was a project 10 years in the making.
With the well and treatment facility operational, the water authority has also advertised bids for construction of a pumping station at Talmudic Universitys properties on North Carlisle Street, Albright said at the Oct. 5 council meeting. The university will be added to the borough water system with that connection.
This is a huge accomplishment for the borough and the authority, councilwoman Malinda Anderson said.
Additionally, an aging well at the Perry Village property has been closed and capped, Albright said. It is no longer a functioning part of the Bloomfield system, made unnecessary by the new well across the street. With the closing of that well, a consent order from the Susquehanna River Basin Commission has been lifted, too, he said.
The SRBC monitors and helps control water systems and the amounts they draw from both surface and ground water within the Susquehanna watershed, which includes Perry County and much of the middle swath of the state.
On the other side of the water systems, the borough is closing in on a final deal to take over the sewer pump station in the Lakeside neighborhood off Barnett Street.
Melanie Rowlands, the planning commission chairwoman, said it was recommending council approve a proposed subdivision plan that would give a portion of the land the station is on to the borough. The deal would let the owners have rights-of-way across the lot to access the other properties in Centre Twp. The subdivision would create two properties, divided at the borough/township line to simplify zoning and other issues.
Councilman Kevin Fitzpatrick, who has been a liaison with owners Roger Watson and Lisa Fraker, said other issues should be resolved at the property by this week. That included repairs to bring the pump station up to code and a phone line to the property.
Once an inspection certifies that, the borough would own and operate the sewer facility.
Borough council approved a new garbage contract with Sylvesters of Duncannon, the only bidder on the collection service. The three-year contract will have rates of $9.99 a month per unit for the first year and $10 for the next two years.
Council members said that rate was about $3 more per quarter compared to the current rates.
The borough has hired James P. Shadow to do tree trimming on Main and Carlisle streets toward the end of October for $3,050. The service will not cost residents individual bills, but was necessary to cut tree branches out of the road rights-of-way. In past months, trucks moving through town were hitting the limbs that were overhanging roads.
In addition, trees near the intersection of Barnett Street and South Carlisle Street will be removed to improve line of site for motorists pulling out from Barnett, council said.
- Georgia Offensive Progress Report Week 12 - CalBearsMaven - November 28th, 2021
- Secessionism Threatens to Upend Bosnia and Herzegovina's Democratic Progress - The National Interest Online - November 28th, 2021
- Cuban happy with progress from Kidd, Harrison - The Official Home of the Dallas Mavericks - Mavs.com - November 28th, 2021
- Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Isaac Continue to Make Progress in Their Rehab - OrlandoMagic.com - November 28th, 2021
- Letter to the editor: Anger is a cancer on democracy, progress - Bluffton Today - November 28th, 2021
- Europe is Tested by Waves of Cases that Threaten its Progress Against Pandemic - The New York Times - November 28th, 2021
- NY Jets Robert Saleh has complete faith in the team's plan, but must show progress - NorthJersey.com - November 28th, 2021
- This Thanksgiving, let's be grateful for human progress | TheHill - The Hill - November 28th, 2021
- RFID: Progress, Trends and Prospect - IDTechEx.com - November 28th, 2021
- Bidens confirmations progress at the 300-day mark - Brookings Institution - November 28th, 2021
- Pandemic progress: How far have we come and where are we going? - KXAN.com - November 28th, 2021
- As Focus Intensifies On Rising U.S, Cricket In China Remains A Work In Progress - Forbes - November 28th, 2021
- MEPC 77: For climate progress, shipping needs action from IMO member states on concrete initiatives - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - November 28th, 2021
- Shooting victim continues to make progress in recovery - The Salem News - November 28th, 2021
- Austin continues to make progress on bold 2016 sidewalk initiative - Austin Monitor - November 28th, 2021
- UN chief sees firsthand the progress and challenges five years after Colombia's historic peace deal - UN News - November 28th, 2021
- Native Americans See Progress, Work Ahead to Protect Cultural Lands - Voice of America - November 28th, 2021
- Preview of a farm show and a utility vehicle update - Farm Progress - November 28th, 2021
- 'No progress' ahead of Iran nuclear talks, says United Nations agency - FRANCE 24 - November 28th, 2021
- No Progress On John Wall Buyout Return To Rockets Incoming? - NBA Analysis Network - November 28th, 2021
- Scott Morrison digs in over federal Icac and tries to shift blame to Labor for slow progress - The Guardian - November 28th, 2021
- 9 charts to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: Progress on poverty, cancer, vaccines, and more - Vox - November 28th, 2021
- Ripple seeing 'good progress' in SEC case over XRP, outcome expected next year - CNBC - November 23rd, 2021
- Rams and Odell Beckham Jr. remain 'a work in progress' - Los Angeles Times - November 23rd, 2021
- Could Covid Lead to Progress? - The New York Times - November 23rd, 2021
- Hoping for shorter response times, city making progress on new North Tampa fire station - ABC Action News - November 23rd, 2021
- Breaking down the Celtics offensive progress - CelticsBlog - November 23rd, 2021
- England FA chief Mark Bullingham: Qatar making 'strong progress' on human rights issues ahead of World Cup - ESPN - November 23rd, 2021
- COVID and kids: Vaccine progress update - NEWS10 ABC - November 23rd, 2021
- Despite progress, McCarthy argues we were better off 10 months ago - MSNBC - November 23rd, 2021
- Where Will Patrick Gaspard Take the Center for American Progress? - The New Republic - November 23rd, 2021
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Review In Progress - I Need A Weapon - GameSpot - November 23rd, 2021
- Breonna Taylor protesters reflect on a year of progress and pain in Louisville - 89.3 WFPL News Louisville - November 23rd, 2021
- EU's Sefcovic sees progress, hope in Northern Ireland Brexit talks - Reuters - November 23rd, 2021
- Cornfield achieves respectable yield in challenging year - Farm Progress - November 23rd, 2021
- Despite the Sabres' progress, the lack of reliable goaltending stands out again - The Athletic - November 23rd, 2021
- CJ Abrams' progress, free-agent starting pitching options and more: Padres mailbag - The Athletic - November 23rd, 2021
- Firefighters stop forward progress on 16-acre fire in Riverside - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 21st, 2021
- Here's a look at Riot's in-progress fighting game, Project L - PC Gamer - November 21st, 2021
- Evan Mobley making progress in recovery from sprained elbow, but Cleveland Cavaliers wont rush return - cleveland.com - November 21st, 2021
- West Side Rag 20th Precinct's Chief Explains Mixed Progress on Thefts, and Concerns About $2 Bail - westsiderag.com - November 21st, 2021
- Ted Nordhaus on how green activists mislead and hold back progress - The Economist - November 21st, 2021
- After years of rebuilding, the Rangers are finally showing progress - Forever Blueshirts - November 21st, 2021
- Following Through on Metas Civil Rights Audit Progress - Investor Relations - November 21st, 2021
- Guardiola delighted by progress of City youngsters after Everton win - Manchester City FC - November 21st, 2021
- Where Denver's progress stands on lead pipe removal - Axios - November 21st, 2021
- Market predictions, harvest progress, and China-Iowa relations topic of 'Trade Talk' webinar - Successful Farming - November 21st, 2021
- Checking in on Fabian Lysells WHL progress - Stanley Cup of Chowder - November 21st, 2021
- The COVID Pandemic Worsens Food Security Progress in MENA - Al-Bawaba - November 21st, 2021
- Houstons backcourt tandem is still a work in progress - The Dream Shake - November 21st, 2021
- Driving home a point: After a set-up correction Cameron Smith is seeing progress off the tee - usatoday.com - November 21st, 2021
- Noah Syndergaard Reportedly "Making Progress" on a Deal with the Angels (UPDATE: It's Happening) - bleachernation.com - November 21st, 2021
- The Road to 2023: Assessing progress and accelerating delivery on the UN Common Pledges in advance of the next Global Refugee Forum - November 2021 -... - November 21st, 2021
- CSPD says progress being made in construction site theft investigations - KOAA.com Colorado Springs and Pueblo News - November 21st, 2021
- New reduced costs of dual HIV/syphilis rapid tests to accelerate progress toward elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV and syphilis -... - November 21st, 2021
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl Review-In-Progress - GameSpot - November 17th, 2021
- Port of L.A. making 'great progress' in clearing cargo backlog, director says - The Week Magazine - November 17th, 2021
- The U.S. Is Still Blocking Climate Progress - The New Republic - November 17th, 2021
- Paradox says it's "happy" with progress of Bloodlines 2 under new developer - Eurogamer.net - November 17th, 2021
- Transit Making Progress On New Park and Ride - ButlerRadio.com - Butler, PA - butlerradio.com - November 17th, 2021
- The progress (and failures) of COP26, in 3 charts - Grist - November 17th, 2021
- Waters 2021 Sustainability Report Highlights Progress on ESG Initiatives and Response to COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - November 17th, 2021
- Column: Progress, Columbia State and my grandfather go hand in hand - Columbia Daily Herald - November 17th, 2021
- ACELYRIN Scores $250 Million to Progress Innovative Antibody Mimetic - BioSpace - November 17th, 2021
- Timberwolves see progress, but can't keep Suns from their ninth win in a row - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 17th, 2021
- Roc the Future highlights progress at 10-year mark - Rochester Beacon - November 17th, 2021
- These researchers are trying to stop misinformation from derailing climate progress - NPR - November 17th, 2021
- Worlds fastest street circuit - What is the current progress of the Jeddah Street Circuit, set to... - The Sportsrush - November 17th, 2021
- Blue River, CDOT make progress on proposed chain-up area in town - Summit Daily News - November 17th, 2021
- Kentucky football: Spoiled football fans? Thats the surest sign yet of progress - Saturday Down South - November 17th, 2021
- Sage Therapeutics Alzheimer's drug likely to progress: regulatory roundup - Clinical Trials Arena - November 17th, 2021
- Don't reverse progress in teaching history honestly - Smithfield Times - Smithfield Times - November 17th, 2021
- Heres the irony of racial progress in Britain its now harder to call out racism - The Guardian - November 17th, 2021
- Kyler Murray is making good progress, has a chance to start next week at Seahawks - NBC Sports - November 17th, 2021
- Bears 1st-and-10: What is George McCaskeys definition of progress? - Chicago Sun-Times - November 17th, 2021
- Can Progress on Diversity Be Union-Made? - The New York Times - November 9th, 2021
- Cattle Rally In Progress, Calf Markets Uneven - Drovers Magazine - November 9th, 2021
- Development Of Magnetic Locking Idea Shows Great Progress - Hackaday - November 9th, 2021
- Todays Hot Topic: Wendy Williams Says Shes Making Progress Toward Returning to Her Show - Black Enterprise - November 9th, 2021
- College Football Playoff Rankings: How Much Progress Will San Diego State Make in the Top 25? - MWWire - November 9th, 2021