The One-Eye sign is one of the most recurrent themes on The Vigilant Citizen because it is also one of the most recurrent themes in mass media. Throughout the years, this site has highlighted hundreds upon hundreds of clear instances where major artists, models, celebrities, politicians and public figures posed with one eye hidden.
The sign is everywhere: In music videos, on magazine covers, on movie posters, in advertisement and so forth. The sheer number of these pictures is simply staggering. Considering these facts, the repeated occurrence of the One-Eye sign simply cannot be the result of coincidence. Indeed, there is a clear effort to have this sign displayed everywhere.
So, why is this sign everywhere and what does it mean? Heres a look at the timeless and transcendental symbol of the Eye.
An Archetypal Symbol
A Turkish nazar amulet used to repel evil eye curses. Similar charms can be found in Portugal, Brazil, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Algeria, Tunisia, Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, parts of North India, Palestine, Morocco, southern Spain, Italy, Malta, Romania, the Balkans, the Levant, Afghanistan, Syria, and Mexico.
The human eye has been used as a symbol since the dawn of civilization. It can be found across all ages and cultures. Carl Jung identified the eye as a classic archetypal symbol an image that is embedded in humanitys collective unconscious. According to his theory, humans instinctively respond to archetypal symbols and unconsciously assign to them a specific meaning.
Eyes are probably the most important symbolic sensory organ. They can represent clairvoyance, omniscience, and/or a gateway into the soul. Other qualities that eyes are commonly associated with are: intelligence, light, vigilance, moral conscience, and truth. Looking someone in the eye is a western custom of honesty. In this way covering of the eyes, by wearing a helmet, sunglasses, etc. can mean mystery, not seeing the complete truth, or deceit. The eye often means judgment and authority. Dictionnary of Symbolism, University of Michigan
In nearly all cultures, the symbol of the eye is associated with spiritual concepts such as divinity (the Eye of Providence), spiritual illumination (the Third Eye) or magic (the evil eye).
The eye symbolizes seeing and light, and therefore consciousness itself. The eye is the part of us that beholds the universe and sees our place in it. It is knowledge, awareness and wisdom. The eye takes in light, the pure energy of the universe, and presents it to the inner spirit. It is the gateway, indeed the very union, between the self and the cosmos. Peter Patrick Barreda, Archetype of Wholeness Jung and the Mandala
In the Bible, Jesus referred to the eye as the lamp of the body.
The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! Matthew 6:22-23
The symbol of the eye always had a mystical and spiritual dimension assigned to it. As the popular saying goes: Eyes are the windows to the soul. For this reason, the symbol of the eye is particularly important in occult circles and Mystery schools.
Since the dawn of civilization, the symbol of the eye and the sun (aka the eye in the sky) are associated with divinity.In Ancient Egypt, the symbols of the Wadjet, the Eye of Horus and the Eye of Ra are all associated with the solar god.
A classic depiction of the Egyptian Eye of Ra and Eye of Horus.
The early sun god was named Horus. When Ra took over the title of sun god, he was also known as Ra-Horakhty or Ra, who is Horus of the 2 horizons.
It was in a battle with Set that Horus lost the use of one eye. Thoth restored the eye, and this was when Horus was also named Wadjet. Ancient Pages, Eye Of Horus Powerful, Ancient Egyptian Symbol With Deep Meaning
Because the symbol of the eye is associated with the sun a proxy of divinity the esoteric eye has a peculiar quality: It is all-seeing.
The archetype of the all-seeing one-eyed sun god can also be found in other ancient cultures. In Persia, Ahura Mazda was considered to be the creator of Earth, the heavens, and humankind, as well as the source of all goodness and happiness on earth. He was said to have the sun for an eye.
The supreme god Ahura Mazda also has one Eye, or else it is said that with his eyes, the sun, moon and stars, he sees everything. Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages
In Norse mythology, Odin was known as the Allfather (or father of the gods). He was represented as an old man with one eye.
An ancient depiction of Odin.
Odin is yet another representation of a one-eyed creator sun god.
The Supreme, invisible Creator of all things was called All-Father. His regent in Nature was Odin, the one-eyed god. The Norwegians regarded Balder the Beautiful as a solar deity, and Odin is often connected with the celestial orb, especially because of his one eye. Ibid.
Considering the fact that Western occultism was greatly influenced by the esoteric teachings of the civilizations above, the symbol of the All-Seeing Eye made its way into orders such as the Rosicrucians, the Illuminati, and the Freemasons.
Masonic symbols under the All-Seeing Eye.
Albert Mackey writes that the All Seeing Eye is an important symbol of the Supreme Being, borrowed by the Freemasons from the nations of antiquity. The All Seeing Eye is a symbol representing the watchful gaze of God. It reminds us that every thought and action is to be recorded by theGrand Architect of the Universe, and that we are bound to our obligations in spirit as well as in blood. James E Frey, 32, Midnight Freemasons
Due to the heavy influence of Freemasonry on the historical events of the past centuries, the symbol of the All-Seeing Eye was included on prominent documents such as the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States and the Declaration of Human Rights.
Left: The reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. Right: The Declaration of Human Rights.
If any one doubts the presence of Masonic and occult influences at the time the Great Seal was designed, he should give due consideration to the comments of Professor Charles Eliot Norton of Harvard, who wrote concerning the unfinished pyramid and the All-Seeing Eye which adorned the reverse of the seal, as follows: The device adopted by Congress is practically incapable of effective treatment; it can hardly (however artistically treated by the designer) look otherwise than as a dull emblem of a Masonic fraternity. Hall, op. cit.
The symbol of the eye was also adopted by several powerful secret societies such as the O.T.O.
The seal of the O.T.O (Ordo Templi Orientis).
That being said, does the symbol of the All-Seeing Eye actually represent God as in the Judeo-Christian God? Well, this is where things get occult (occult means hidden). The prominent American Freemason Albert Pike wrote that the true meaning of occult symbols is only revealed to high-level initiates.
It is in its antique symbols and their occult meaning that the true secrets of Freemasonry consist. But these have no value if we see nothing in the symbols of the blue lodge beyond the imbecile pretenses of interpretations of them contained in our monitors. People have overlooked the truth that the symbols of antiquity were not used to reveal but to conceal. Each symbol is an enigma to be solved, and not a lesson to be read. How can the intelligent Mason fail to see that the blue degrees are but preparatory, to enlist and band together the rank and file Masonic army for purposes undisclosed to them, that they are the lesser mysteries in which the symbols are used to conceal the truth? Albert Pike, Legenda and Readings of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry
Manly P. Hall, another prominent Freemason wrote that the All-Seeing Eye esoterically represents the ultimate goal of occultism: To attain divinity through ones own means. This is done through the activation of the pineal gland the Third Eye.
Operative Masonry, in the fullest meaning of that term, signifies the process by which the Eye of Horus is opened. In the human brain there is a tiny gland called the pineal body, which is the sacred eye of the ancients, and corresponds to the third eye of the Cyclops. Hall, Op. Cit.
In Islamic eschatology, the end-times figure named Al-Mas ad-Dajjal (the false messiah, liar, the deceiver) is said to be blind in his right eye. By pretending to be the Messiah, the Dajjal would deceive and take over the world. For these reasons, the Dajjal bears great similarities with the Antichrist in Christianity.
The coming of the Dajjal would be preceded by several signs such as: People will stop offering the prayers; dishonesty will be the way of life; falsehood will become a virtue; people will mortgage their faith for worldly gain; usury and bribery will become legitimate; there will be acute famine at the time; there will be no shame amongst people; many people will worship Satan; there will be no respect for elderly people and people will start killing each other without any reason.
The Modern One-Eye Sign
Considering the fact that the world today is ruled by what we call the occult elite (because of its ties with occult orders), it is no surprise that its main symbol is found everywhere. However, it is all done in a deceitful way. Todays entertainment industry thrives on control, manipulation, and distortion. It is also all about debasing the masses from everything that is true, pure and healthy. Today, the symbol of the All-Seeing Eye is now about a select group of people oppressing, monitoring and controlling the world population.
George Orwells book 1984 is a blueprint for elite control and censorship. Appropriately enough, nearly all editions feature an All-Seeing Eye.
While the All-Seeing Eye is esoterically associated with the opening of the Third Eye to attain spiritual illumination, the One-Eye sign made by celebrities is about the exact opposite: Hiding and incapacitating an eye. The symbolism of this gesture is powerful.
Katy Perry hiding one eye with the Eye of Horus in her video Dark Horse.
When you hide one eye, you effectively block half of your vision. In symbolic terms, you become half-blind to the truth. By hiding one eye, celebrities symbolically sacrifice a vital part of their being for temporary material gain. And, since eyes are the windows to the soul, this gesture symbolizes the partial or total loss of ones soul.
In Mind Control
The One-Eye sign is also an important symbol in the occult elites secret obsession: Monarch mind control. Known by many as project MKULTRA, mind control aims to turn humans into slaves through abuse, trauma, and programming. There is an actual culture revolving around Monarch mind control, complete with its own universe of symbols. And the One-Eye sign is part of it.
This is a painting by Kim Noble, a survivor of trauma-based mind control. This painting is called The Naming and relates to the naming of an alter persona.
This painting named I-Test also visually describes the trauma and programming of an MK slave.
Proof of Absolute Control by the Occult Elite
The omnipresence of the One-Eye sign in mass media also serves another purpose: It proves that all outlets of mass media are owned by a very small, elite group. Indeed, in order to have the same exact sign appear consistently and repeatedly across all media platforms and across the world, there needs to be a centralized source of power that forcibly makes this happen.
Think about the amount of money, power, and influence that is required to have all of these celebrities perform this specific gesture in videos and photoshoots. Now, ponder on the amount money, power, and influence that is required to have this specific sign plastered across magazine covers, movie posters, music videos and anything else that might reach the eyes of the masses.
In short, this symbol represents the global elite and all of its agenda: The debasing of the human psyche, the promotion of satanism, the normalization mind control, the normalization of transhumanism, the blurring of genders and more. The ultimate goal: Straying the masses as far away as possible from Truth, health, and balance.
The symbol of the eye is an archetype that transcends time and space. Perhaps because humans instinctually respond to gazing eyes, there is something about that symbol that is jarring yet fascinating. While, in ancient times, the symbol of the All-Seeing Eye was often equated with the sun god, it gradually became a symbol of the power of the secret societies that shaped history in the last centuries.
Nowadays, the entertainment industry revels in the twisting and corruption of powerful symbols in the pursuit of its debasing agenda. The omnipresence of the One-Eye sign now symbolizes the omnipresence of the occult elite. It is them saying: Look at who we control.
That being said, there is a silver lining here. The One-Eye sign is a convenient way of identifying media to avoid because it is most likely drenched in the occult elites debasing agenda.
P.S. If you appreciated this article help support Vigilant Citizen and please consider showing your support through a small monthly donation on Patreon. If you prefer, you can also make aone-time donation here. Thank you.
Read this article:
- Satanism | occult practice | Britannica - December 19th, 2021
- Albert Pike Exposing Satanism and Witchcraft - December 5th, 2021
- Demon Names and how to Identify them Exposing Satanism ... - December 5th, 2021
- The Anatomy of Satanism in Hollywood - James True - October 7th, 2021
- 10 Forms Of Satanism That Exist Around The World - Listverse - October 7th, 2021
- Frank Zappas favourite books about the occult - Far Out Magazine - July 16th, 2021
- Is False Positive a True Story? Is the Hulu Movie Based on Real Life? - The Cinemaholic - June 28th, 2021
- Satanism - Founders, Philosophies & Branches - HISTORY - June 15th, 2021
- Music Styles Live and Die, But Rock is Forever Heres Why - Music Mayhem Magazine - March 31st, 2021
- The Deification of Donald J. Trump: The Prince of Pieces - The Good Men Project - March 31st, 2021
- Church of Satan and Satanism in Australia explained: from rituals to religion with the controversial group - 7NEWS.com.au - March 3rd, 2021
- Every Johnny Depp Movie Ranked From Worst to Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Far-right conspiracy QAnon surging in Europe as fanatics plot return of Nazi Reich and link Satanists to - The Sun - February 2nd, 2021
- Satanic Temple Abortion Ritual Advertised on Miami Billboard - Miami New Times - January 1st, 2021
- The Boomer Rock Renaissance 2020 Never Saw Coming - Vulture - December 26th, 2020
- Modern Satanism | Spiral Nature Magazine - December 6th, 2020
- The Evolution of Modern Satanism in the United States - December 6th, 2020
- The Story Of Black Metal In 14 Songs Kerrang! - Kerrang! - December 6th, 2020
- Fact check: There is no evidence to support claims that Lady Gaga is a witch - USA TODAY - November 7th, 2020
- BERNSTEIN: We live in two different Americas - RU Daily Targum - November 7th, 2020
- The History Behind the Ouija Board is Both Pure and Evil - Nerdist - October 27th, 2020
- What It Really Means To Be A Satanist - Kerrang! - March 5th, 2020
- Pittchcraft: The true history of Wicca and Witchcraft - University of Pittsburgh The Pitt News - March 5th, 2020
- 10 Bands Who Have Been Banned By The Church - Kerrang! - March 5th, 2020
- CHLOE WYMA ON THE ART OF AGNES PELTON - Artforum - March 5th, 2020
- A Modern Witch's Guide to Paris: Where to Find the Occult and Esoteric - Frenchly - February 4th, 2020
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Conjures Up a Strong Season 3 - The Spool - January 27th, 2020
- Best Documentaries of '19 - Fort Worth Weekly - January 17th, 2020
- Sam Dunn: The Journey of the World's Most Famous Headbanger - Daily Hawker - January 17th, 2020
- Fears Hampshire Horse Ripper has returned after 26 years and psycho culprit could be next Ian Brady - The Sun - January 14th, 2020
- Occult symbols found on New Forest animals killed, and in church vandalism - The Wild Hunt - December 6th, 2019
- Concert Review: Spinal Taps Derek Smalls Revives Mock-Rock at the Wiltern - Variety - November 11th, 2019
- Curro pupil speaks: 'Stop the satanic panic, art is meant to provoke thought' - News24 - October 27th, 2019
- Creepy countdown the 20 scariest horror movies of all time - NNY360 - October 27th, 2019
- What does it mean to be a modern witch? 3 real-life witches share their experiences - Vogue India - October 23rd, 2019
- Judas Priests Rob Halford: The metal community has always been inclusive, yet weve been kicked around like a football over the years - NME.com - October 23rd, 2019
- The 20 scariest horror movies of all time - The Columbus Dispatch - October 20th, 2019
- What are the 20 scariest horror movies of all time? - Peoria Journal Star - October 20th, 2019
- I'm a founder of the Satanic Temple. Don't blame Satan for white supremacy. - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- Wash Post column cheers Satan, jeers Christians - WND.com - August 25th, 2017
- The Devil's Cradle: The Story of Finnish Black Metal - The Gauntlet - August 25th, 2017
- Court orders new trial in satanic sacrificial murder case - RT - August 25th, 2017
- We Asked Diehard Swedish Metalheads What They Consider to be 'Metal' - Noisey - August 22nd, 2017
- A Brief But Very Informative History of How Fascists Infiltrated Punk and Metal - Noisey - August 22nd, 2017
- Why Some Christians Are Calling White Supremacy 'Satanic' - HuffPost - August 20th, 2017
- Satanic Leader Calls Upon Christian America to Face Their Contribution to Racist Right - Patheos (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- The Wild Hunt | Tag Archive | paranormal investigation - The Wild Hunt - August 16th, 2017
- Nottinghamshire sees increase in Witchcraft complaints - The Wild Hunt - August 11th, 2017
- Secular doctors are realizing that demonic possession is real, and needs special attention - Catholic Online - August 8th, 2017
- Nocturnes Mist announce Sept 15th release of "Diabolical Baptism" - The Gauntlet - August 6th, 2017
- 'Embrace ICT with caution' - The Herald - August 4th, 2017
- Kangaroo Court: Of Chief Lundu orders to ban ECG church - Nyasa Times - August 3rd, 2017
- How the Satanic Temple Became a Queer Haven - VICE - July 24th, 2017
- Coltrain: Satanism and paganism are not the same thing - The Daily Iowan - July 20th, 2017
- theartsdesk on Vinyl 30: Moby, The Beach Boys, Napalm Death, John Coltrane and more - The Arts Desk - July 13th, 2017
- Satanism Making Comeback Through Witchcraft and Atheism: Rabbi - Breaking Israel News - June 27th, 2017
- Theistic Satanism - Wikipedia - June 24th, 2017
- Outlast 2 Garishly Exploits Your Sexual Hangups For Horror - Paste Magazine - June 24th, 2017
- Ritual Skulls and Other Magical Objects, in Photos - Atlas Obscura - June 24th, 2017
- Christians and Jews Combat Witches' Summer Solstice Satanic Spells on Trump - CBN News - June 22nd, 2017
- Paganism Is Back! Now What Are We Christians Going to Do? - Patheos (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- The Occult Roots of Modernism - The New Yorker - June 19th, 2017
- Modern Satanism: Anatomy of a Radical Subculture - Chris ... - June 17th, 2017
- Witch Hunts, Resurgence and Defiance: Heavy Metal In The Middle East - The Quietus - June 12th, 2017
- The Alt-Right Is the Modern, Hideous Face of White Supremacy - AlterNet - June 12th, 2017
- Understanding contemporary white supremacy: Is the alt-right really something new? - Salon - June 11th, 2017
- Catholic Priest: MN Park's New Monument Will Attract Satanists Who Want to Molest Kids - Patheos (blog) - June 7th, 2017
- The Gallows Pole By Benjamin Myers: A Playlist - The Quietus - June 6th, 2017
- Exclusive: Bloody Hammers Use Old School Horror For Blood Video ... - Dread Central - June 3rd, 2017
- We are using witchcraft, Satanism and magic confesses ... - June 3rd, 2017
- Pagan Community Notes: Memorial Day, Manchester, Pagan Dawn, and more! - The Wild Hunt - May 30th, 2017
- What witch-hunters can teach us - The Daily News of Newburyport - May 26th, 2017
- Column: What witch-hunters can teach us about today's world ... - Gloucester Daily Times - May 23rd, 2017
- Duterte to Trump: What witch-finders can teach us about today's popular leaders - Philippine Star - May 18th, 2017
- Alison Sampson & Steve Niles Stir Up Satanic Panic in Winnebago Graveyard - Paste Magazine - May 17th, 2017
- Exposing Satanism and Witchcraft - May 11th, 2017
- Ghost Rider De-Mystified Part 1 - Movie TV Tech Geeks News - May 9th, 2017
- Meet the modern-day Pagans who celebrate the ancient gods - Salon - May 7th, 2017
- Satanism is Becoming More Saintlike Than Catholicism - ComicsVerse - May 6th, 2017
- Neo-Pagan Witchcraft vs Satanism - May 4th, 2017