Formulation of the new National Education Policy (NEP) is a live example of cooperative federalism to achieve a common goal of making India a global hub of knowledge, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Tuesday.
Pradhan was addressing the launch of a booklet detailing initiatives taken in one year since the the roll out of the NEP.
"NEP is a guiding philosophy to transform the hopes and aspirations of millions of youth to reality and making India self-reliant. Formulation of NEP is also a live example of cooperative federalism to achieve a common goal of making India a global hub of knowledge. When we look back at the progress of NEP, we get more confident about the future of our students," he said.
"Education is not merely a competition to acquire degrees, but is a transformative tool to leverage knowledge for character building and eventually nation building. The government is working to facilitate upgradation of infrastructure in schools, such as ensuring that internet reaches village schools across the country," he added.
Besides the booklet of achievements, the minister also launched initiatives such as NIPUN Bharat FLN tools and resources on DIKSHA; Virtual School of NIOS; alternate academic calendar of NCERT and released "Priya", an accessibility booklet developed by the NCERT and the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
"Priya -The Accessibility Warrior", which is the outcome of collaborative efforts of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Department of School Education and Literacy.
It provides glimpses into the world of a girl named Priya who met with an accident and could not walk, due to a plastered leg. The story depicts how she manages to participate in all activities at school, and in the process learns the importance of accessibility. Priya, therefore, takes the pledge of being an accessibility warrior. The comic book is also available with Indian Sign Language (ISL) explanatory videos.
The minister, while launching the Virtual School of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), said that this school is a new model of learning and is an example of how leveraging technology and innovation can facilitate greater inclusion in education. The school is first-of-its-kind initiative in the country which will provide advanced digital learning platforms through Virtual Live Classrooms and Virtual Labs.
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Virendra Kumar said that accessibility opens doorways to opportunity and growth, thus, reinstating the importance of creating an accessible environment for everyone. He further said that awareness and a sensitised community are the essential fuels driving any revolutionary change.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.
Read the original:
- What does the federal government do? | ShareAmerica - November 25th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 57 | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and... - November 25th, 2021
- Formation of New Regional States Debunks Myth that the Current Gov't is anti-federalism - Mustafa Mohammed - - Walta Information Center - November 25th, 2021
- Nigeria is a federation in name only, and Buhari is unable to change this - The Africa Report - November 25th, 2021
- SZC: Better ties mooted in spirit of federalism - Devdiscourse - November 15th, 2021
- Punjab Assembly passes resolution against Centres BSF order, calls it insult, violation of the spirit of fe - The Statesman - November 15th, 2021
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai to other states: Give us our share of water - The New Indian Express - November 15th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 54 Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and World News - Guardian Nigeria - November 9th, 2021
- SCOTUS Skepticism and the Texas Abortion Law - JURIST - Commentary - Legal News & Commentary - JURIST - November 9th, 2021
- National interest demands a strong, impartial CBI. The loss of trust in the agency among opposition ruled stat - The Times of India Blog - November 9th, 2021
- Leave advocates of true federalism, self-determination alone; face banditry, terrorism, Afenifere tells Buhari - Vanguard - October 3rd, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - part 49 - Guardian - October 3rd, 2021
- The Smart Cities Mission is an assault on cooperative federalism - The News Minute - October 3rd, 2021
- I dont believe in 2023 elections -Afenifere leader Adebanjo - Punch Newspapers - October 3rd, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 48 Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and World News - Guardian - September 24th, 2021
- States rights and the Constitution: What rights do states have? | Opinion - Deseret News - September 24th, 2021
- COVID-19 and Federalism in India: Capturing the Effects of State and Central Responses on Mobility - DocWire News - September 24th, 2021
- Opinion/Conley: RI's noble reasons for resisting the Constitution - The Providence Journal - September 24th, 2021
- Federalism and the Single National Curriculum - Geo News - September 10th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 46 - Guardian - September 10th, 2021
- Have SC's attempts to depoliticise police inadvertently led to a weakening of federalism? - Scroll.in - September 10th, 2021
- What is radical federalism, what would it look like and should Labour back it? - LabourList - September 10th, 2021
- Is the filibuster unconstitutional? | Opinion | murrayledger.com - Murray Ledger and Times - September 10th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 44 - Guardian - August 28th, 2021
- Some governors are mismanaging COVID and misunderstanding Federalism | TheHill - The Hill - August 28th, 2021
- Modis authoritarianism has obliterated precept of federalism as envisaged by founding fathers of Constitution - National Herald - August 28th, 2021
- Just How Long Is the Long Arm of U.S. Jurisdiction? - Bloomberg Law - August 4th, 2021
- The Trump Administration Feuded With State and Local Leaders over Pandemic Response Now the Biden Administr - Governing - August 4th, 2021
- EPA, Army announce next steps for crafting definition of waters of the united states - Water Technology Online - August 4th, 2021
- EPA outlines plan to expand wetland protections - E&E News - August 4th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 40 Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and World News - Guardian - August 2nd, 2021
- Lawyer Asks N'Assembly to Amend Constitution to Reflect True Federalism - THISDAY Newspapers - August 2nd, 2021
- Puntland turns 23 as it demonstrates a shining example of Somalia's federalism - Garowe Online - August 2nd, 2021
- Gyrgy Schpflin: 'EU Stumbled Up On Its Own Belief System, That More Europe Is The Answer To Everything' Interview - Eurasia Review - August 2nd, 2021
- Gov. Little signs on to pro-life, states' rights amicus brief seeking SCOTUS overrule of Roe v. Wade - Office of the Governor - Governor Brad Little - August 2nd, 2021
- Andrew RT Davies accuses media in Wales of having a 'nationalist agenda' - Nation.Cymru - August 2nd, 2021
- Home - Forum of Federations - July 23rd, 2021
- Federalism upheld, and cooperation - Economic Times - July 23rd, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 39 Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and World News - Guardian - July 23rd, 2021
- Spirit of cooperative federalism is essential for GST to succeed - The Hindu - July 23rd, 2021
- Opinion | Canada's troubles with federalism are hindering progress on vaccine passport - StCatharinesStandard.ca - July 23rd, 2021
- FPJ Edit: It's up to the Centre to live up to its slogan of cooperative federalism and make the new ministry of cooperation a successful agent of... - July 23rd, 2021
- Federalism System - June 30th, 2021
- Federalism in Germany - Wikipedia - June 30th, 2021
- Democracy, Oppn and federalism - Daily Pioneer - June 30th, 2021
- Concepts of Federalism - CliffsNotes - June 30th, 2021
- NYC Ranked Choice Voting Reminds Us Why Federalism Is a Blessing - National Review - June 30th, 2021
- Time for Centre to embrace cooperative federalism for bullet train project? - Economic Times - June 30th, 2021
- Economist Richard Bird was a reservoir of knowledge on public finance - The Indian Express - June 30th, 2021
- Tamil Nadu Governor's speech stresses on state autonomy and federalism - Deccan Herald - June 27th, 2021
- What does the West Bengal chief secretary episode say about India federalism? - The Indian Express - June 24th, 2021
- For civil servants, Alapan Bandyopadhyay case highlights the perils of uncooperative federalism - Scroll.in - June 24th, 2021
- Breakdown of spirit of cooperative federalism at GST Council meetings: Bengal Minister - The Hindu - June 24th, 2021
- One nation, many governments: Why India must embrace federalism - The News Minute - June 24th, 2021
- Federalism is an issue for the whole of the UK - Morning Star Online - June 23rd, 2021
- Tamil Nadu governors address emphasises on state autonomy and federalism - THE WEEK - June 23rd, 2021
- Covid-19 Nepal: Federalism fared badly as politics and pandemic collided. What next? - Online Khabar (English) - June 23rd, 2021
- BJP cites PM Modis Punjab outreach to laud spirit of cooperative federalism - Hindustan Times - June 23rd, 2021
- 2023: True federalism needed to avoid post-election violence - The Nation Newspaper - June 23rd, 2021
- BBC defends failure to include pro-indy voice on EVEL discussion - The National - June 23rd, 2021
- The ABC of 1963 Constitution - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE - June 23rd, 2021
- With BJP in Delhi, states must find ways to regain autonomy - The Indian Express - June 18th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 34 | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News Opinion - Guardian - June 18th, 2021
- Only NAssembly can Deal with Issues of Restructuring, Federalism, Says Buhari - THISDAY Newspapers - June 18th, 2021
- An authoritarian regime is assaulting federal principle of Constitution and trampling rights of states - National Herald - June 18th, 2021
- UPU harps on restructuring, true federalism as solution to insecurity - The Nation Newspaper - June 18th, 2021
- Lloyd Omdahl: The United States has outgrown federalism - Grand Forks Herald - June 9th, 2021
- By Upsetting Balance of Federalism, the Centre Is Playing a Dangerous Game - The Wire - June 9th, 2021
- United States has outgrown federalism | Columnists | willistonherald.com - Williston Daily Herald - June 9th, 2021
- Farmers Observe Unity in Federalism - The Citizen - June 9th, 2021
- Authoritarianism and its fragile blend with federalism in the Horn of Africa - Capital FM Kenya - June 9th, 2021
- Has the CPI(M) Forgotten its Strong Federal Roots? - The Wire - June 9th, 2021
- Centre's Tussle With Bengal Over Chief Secretary Reeks of Uncooperative Federalism - The Wire - June 6th, 2021
- How West Bengal CM and chief secretary have undermined federalism - The Indian Express - June 6th, 2021
- A problem called fiery federalism - The Times of India Blog - June 6th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 32 Opinion The Guardian Nigeria News Nigeria and World News - Guardian - June 6th, 2021
- Cooperative federalism in Covid: Keralas Vijayan writes to non-BJP CMs - Business Standard - June 6th, 2021
- PM Modis discomfort with non-BJP CMs is hurting the very concept of cooperative federalism - National Herald - June 6th, 2021
- Federalism, LG Autonomy Top Demands at Constitution Review Hearings - THISDAY Newspapers - June 6th, 2021
- Federalism is the answer, after all - Part 30 - Guardian - May 20th, 2021