The Kyle Rittenhouse trial centered around self-defense and gun rights was one of the most discussed cases in the USA. But dont move on yet, it is very relevant to India as it is the biggest expose yet of how a global nexus of big tech, fact checkers, activists and media will go to ANY extent to further the liberal political agenda. First let us see what the case was about.
Just before US elections, cities after cities were burning in riots in America over the issue of racism, mainly alleged police brutality towards black people. A similar incident took place in Kenosha, Wisconsin, which led to calls of protests, which as a rule turned violent. Some local people took to the streets in counter protests to save local businesses by dousing fires. They were legally armed. 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse was one among them.
To cut the long story short, he got separated from the main group, got into a confrontation with rioters and ended up shooting three people, two fatally. He was quickly termed a white supremacist terrorist and arrested. He was subsequently cleared of any criminal acts by a Court in Wisconsin last week and is now a free man.
Now let us see how a case of self-defense was turned into a case of racism, white supremacy, illegal weapons, gun control, domestic terrorism and everything else. This is what Americans have been hearing about Kyle nonstop from liberal US media.
It is only a short clip but the same talking points, now proven false, were repeated over and over again by liberal US media. This was then amplified by American versions of Dhruv Rathees, Vir Das type comedians, Swara Bhaskers, Islamists, professional feminists, professional LGBT activists, propped up student leaders, you name it.
Here are six demonstrably false claims that liberal US media peddled but turned out to be false:
Rittenhouse crossed state boundary with a weaponTruth: He did not, the gun was kept in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Rittenhouse hadno right to possess the weaponTruth: It was perfectly legal under Wisconsin law, the charge was dismissed by the Judge.
Rittenhouse went to a city he had no business withTruth: His father lives in Kenosha and Kyle worked and occasionally stayed there.
Rittenhouse shot BLM protesters out of racist motivesTruth: Every person he shot was white and had a criminal record. One of them was a convicted pedophile.
Rittenhouse shot to killTruth: He shot in self-defense and he was acquitted by court. All of this is on video.
As per toolkit, fact checkers, who fact-check memes often, only spread more lies in defense of the riots. As per toolkit, social media censored news and blocked anyone who dared to disagree with the liberal ecosystem, even if it meant more riots and bloodshed. People were censored on Twitter for merely saying Rittenhouse did nothing wrong.
GoFundMe had banned Rittenhouse from holding fundraisers to fund his defense in Court. While the platform claimed that it was because the teenager was accused of a violent crime, the excuse does not ring true as multiple Antifa rioters have successfully raised funds through the platform.
Facebook manipulated its search engine so that people could not even find relevant search results when they looked for Kyle Rittenhouse on the platform. In the aftermath of the incident, Facebook had said, Weve designated the shooting in Kenosha a mass murder and are removing posts in support of the shooter. One can see how dangerous this is. Facebook labeled a teenager a mass murderer before he was even tried in Court and without any evidence at all.
You can see the parallels of all of this in India, be it Shaheen Bagh, Delhi Riots, Hathras, Farmers protest etc. How facts and truth can be totally twisted to influence and instigate sections of population with the explicit objective of furthering liberal political goals.
How fact checkers act as enablers of fake news and create facts as needed. How random individuals are propped up as heroes and anyone speaking the truth is vilified and suppressed. How an entire global ecosystem starts a tune in chorus as if it is part of a fine tuned orchestra. Why we need courts that work, work on actual cases and not moralizing and in a timely manner.
More importantly, this tells us what is in store for 2024 general elections in India and that we should prepare mentally and materially to defeat subversion of our democracy by global leftist neo-liberal imperialists.
The rest is here:
- Breeding grounds for radicalization: Capitol attack panel signals loss of patience with big tech - The Guardian - January 14th, 2022
- Josh Hawley Was The Democrats' Partner In Trying To Regulate Big Tech; Then The Public Realized He Was A Fascist - Techdirt - January 14th, 2022
- Donald Morrison: Is Congress ready for the war against Big Tech and big money like Facebook and Google? - Berkshire Eagle - January 14th, 2022
- Tech giants play the blame game - Axios - January 14th, 2022
- EU closes in on regulating big tech with Digital Markets Act - TechTarget - January 14th, 2022
- Executive migration from big tech to startup picks up pace - Business Chief - January 14th, 2022
- The Humanities Can't Save Big Tech From Itself - WIRED - January 14th, 2022
- Amazon (AMZN) Falls to Lowest Since May as Big Tech Weakness Continues - Bloomberg - January 14th, 2022
- Chipmakers are set to be 'winners' as the metaverse takes off - CNBC - January 14th, 2022
- Amazon falls to lowest since May as Big Tech weakness continues - BetaBoston - January 14th, 2022
- Opinion/Minow and Hadjipanteli: Congress must stop Big Tech's threat to the press - The Providence Journal - January 14th, 2022
- 15 Years Ago, the iPhone Created 'Big Tech' - PCMag - January 14th, 2022
- Big Tech and climate change: Theres more to it than meets the eye - Observer Research Foundation - January 14th, 2022
- Big tech, regulators and conservationists must unite to tackle online wildlife trade - The Conversation CA - January 14th, 2022
- Tech Report: FBI suspects Russian hackers, and Big Tech delays returns to the workplace - 41 NBC News - January 14th, 2022
- The Big Tech Show: Learning lessons from Theranos - is it okay for startups to fake it until they make it? - Independent.ie - January 14th, 2022
- Techs shaky start to the year need not signify deeper issues - Financial Times - January 14th, 2022
- Why Big Tech's best and brightest are jumping ship to web3 - Yahoo News - January 14th, 2022
- TCS, Infosys, WiproIndias big tech giants hire 51,000 in Q3 alone - Times Now - January 14th, 2022
- What Oracle's acquisition of Cerner could mean for big tech in health - Mobihealth News - December 23rd, 2021
- What the top crypto execs predict for the industry in 2022: Regulation and a Big Tech 'brain drain' - CNBC - December 23rd, 2021
- We're living in an age of big tech promises and small results - Fast Company - December 23rd, 2021
- Biden's big bill is dead. What tech provisions might live on? - Politico - December 23rd, 2021
- Meatless meat, Web 3.0 and Big Tech battles: Tech trends we look forward to in 2022 - The Daily Star - December 23rd, 2021
- Big Tech Censorship of COVID Information Leads to Vaccine ... - December 19th, 2021
- Conservative Legislator Censored By Big Tech The Floridian - December 19th, 2021
- Big Tech is Luring Congress into a Regulation Trap | Opinion - Newsweek - December 19th, 2021
- Nonprofits have the answers to improve social media: Big Tech has the resources to make it happen - TechCrunch - December 19th, 2021
- Scared about the threat of AI? Its the big tech giants that need reining in - The Guardian - December 19th, 2021
- In the room where it happens: Ex-Qualcomm attorney Don Rosenberg talks legal battles in big tech - The San Diego Union-Tribune - December 19th, 2021
- Ending the Urge to Merge: The House and Senate Take on Big Tech M&A - Public Knowledge Tech News and Comment - December 19th, 2021
- 'Land of the lawless': UK politicians urge government to enforce stricter rules on Big Tech - CNBC - December 19th, 2021
- Big Tech's Threat To The Fashion Industry - Analytics India Magazine - December 19th, 2021
- Left and right take aim at Big Tech and the First Amendment | TheHill - The Hill - December 10th, 2021
- These 6 overvalued stocks are making the S&P 500 look more pricey than it really is - MarketWatch - December 10th, 2021
- 2010: Big Tech is watching you - Siliconrepublic.com - December 10th, 2021
- Alphabet Is The Best Value In Big Tech - Motley Fool - December 10th, 2021
- We shouldnt be proud of Indians dominating Big Tech - The Times of India Blog - December 10th, 2021
- Big Tech's private networks and protocols threaten the 'net, say internet registries - The Register - December 10th, 2021
- We have no intention of becoming a bank: Is Big Tech really a threat to banks? Tearsheet - Tearsheet - December 10th, 2021
- Donald Trump Says This 'Important Message' Is Being Sent To Big Tech - The List - December 10th, 2021
- Biden's Summit for Democracy Won't Address Big Tech's Threat to Personal Freedom - Barron's - December 10th, 2021
- New Zealand publishers want collective bargaining rights for big tech talks - Press Gazette - December 10th, 2021
- Nvidia's big ambitions could be its Achilles' heel in the Arm deal - The Verge - December 10th, 2021
- How Big Tech Is Faring in U.S. Lawsuits and Probes - Insurance Journal - December 10th, 2021
- Europe reins in Big Tech: What you need to know - POLITICO.eu - November 25th, 2021
- How the Federal Trade Commission Can Break Up Big Tech - Progressive.org - November 25th, 2021
- The Irish DPC Slapped With Corruption Allegations; South Korea Place Big Tech Under the Microscope - ExchangeWire - November 25th, 2021
- The US has an education problem, but is Big Tech really the answer? - TechCrunch - November 25th, 2021
- OPINION | Is Big Tech bad at business? | Op-Ed | livingstonparishnews.com - The Livingston Parish News - November 25th, 2021
- Big Tech Is Fighting Over Who Gets to Build a Cloud for the Pentagon - Tech.co - November 25th, 2021
- USPTO Dodges Attack from Big Tech to Rein in Discretionary IPR Denials - The National Law Review - November 25th, 2021
- What Cramer is watching in the market Monday, including a big tech trend emerging - CNBC - November 25th, 2021
- Big Tech at COP26: Here's who attended the climate talks and what roles they played - CNET - November 25th, 2021
- Josh Hawley blasts Big Tech after Rittenhouse verdict: 'Think they're above the law' - Fox Business - November 25th, 2021
- Good tech developments and changes in 2021 - Popular Science - November 25th, 2021
- DBS Bank strategits sees Big Tech as big beneficiaries of the Metaverse - CoinJournal - November 25th, 2021
- Beijing issues fines for 43 Big Tech M&A deals all the way back to 2012 - The Register - November 25th, 2021
- Europes fractured approach to digital regulation stymies fight against Big Tech - POLITICO.eu - November 17th, 2021
- Senate Approves Jonathan Kanter, a Big Tech Critic, As Top U.S. Antitrust Official - The New York Times - November 17th, 2021
- Antitrust hawks offer states a toolbox for regulating Big Tech - Roll Call - November 17th, 2021
- Big Techs assault on workers and democracy must be stopped - Capitol Weekly - November 17th, 2021
- The Tech Gifts That Are Hard to Buy This Holiday Season - The New York Times - November 17th, 2021
- New CFPB Chief Rohit Chopra Confirmed By Senate And Takes Immediate Action Against Big Tech Firms - Consumer Protection - United States - Mondaq News... - November 17th, 2021
- Federal Agencies Need to Be Staffed to Advance Broadband and Tech Competition - EFF - November 17th, 2021
- Restore Net Neutrality, Or Facebook Will Dominate The Internet Forever - VICE - November 17th, 2021
- 10 Big Tech Companies Using Python to Streamline Processes - Analytics Insight - November 17th, 2021
- IC Interviews webinar: The big tech trajectory for investors: US vs the world - Investors Chronicle - November 17th, 2021
- Nicholas Thompson on the outsized influence of Big Tech - GZERO Media - November 17th, 2021
- Big Tech is still headed for its biggest year ever, but Apple and Amazon could cut into profit - MarketWatch - October 30th, 2021
- With Facebooks change to Meta, whats the new Big Tech acronym? - The Verge - October 30th, 2021
- What is the metaverse? A look at what Big Tech views as the next stage of the internet - WGNO New Orleans - October 30th, 2021
- Is Big Tech 'greenwashing' its environmental responsibilities ahead of COP26? - Yahoo Tech - October 30th, 2021
- What is the Australian government doing to crack down on big tech, and why? - The Guardian Australia - October 30th, 2021
- Apple & Amazon on Deck as Big Techs Big Week Is A Bit Mixed - The Ticker Tape - October 30th, 2021
- Cramer rejects calls to break up Big Tech, says U.S. government is wrong to target it - CNBC - October 28th, 2021
- Point: It's time to rein in Big Tech's power - WORLD News Group - October 28th, 2021
- Big techs push for automation hides the grim reality of microwork - The Guardian - October 28th, 2021
- US stocks end mixed as Big Tech continues to shine - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - October 28th, 2021
- Hedge Fund's Confidence In Five Big Tech Companies Sinks To Multi-Year Low - The Motley Fool - October 28th, 2021