Guilford County Board of Elections Director Charlie Collicutt answers your questions.
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C.
In North Carolina, the statewide primary is Tuesday, March 8, 2022. During this election, voters can choose which candidates they prefer to be on the general election ballot in November. The purpose of a primary is to narrow the field of candidates for the general election.
Races on the ballot include:
Additionally, many voters will find municipal contests on their ballot due to rescheduled municipal elections. This applies to voters in municipalities that delayed their 2021 elections to finalize new electoral districts. This also applies to voters who live in cities and towns that conduct their elections during even-numbered years.
Registered voters across the state can vote in the primary. However, voters affiliated with any political party will be given a ballot of candidates for their party. Unaffiliated voters can choose the ballot of candidates for any party: Democratic, Libertarian, or Republican.
Am I registered to vote?
Use the North Carolina Board of Elections Voter Search Tool to determine if you are registered to vote in North Carolina and verify if your voter record needs to be updated.
Who can register to vote?
You may register to vote in Guilford County if you are:
You must register or re-register if you:
When do I need to register?
Do I have to declare a party?
Party affiliation determines the primary in which a voter is eligible to vote. You may register with the Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian parties, or you may register as unaffiliated. Unaffiliated voters may vote in a party primary if authorized by that party. If you do not declare a party you will be registered as unaffiliated.
Do I have to contact the Board of Elections if I want to change my voter registration information?
You may change your address, name, or party by filling out the back of your voter information card and returning it to the elections office or filling out a mail-in registration form. This information must be received by registration deadlines for elections.
- Mises Institute - Wikipedia - January 19th, 2022
- Given that no one's perfect or always right, let's declare truce in COVID wars | Opinion - TCPalm - January 19th, 2022
- Local Texas leaders say too much power is centered in Austin - and they want control back - WFAA.com - January 19th, 2022
- Happy Dog owner will lead a hospitality recovery group - Crain's Cleveland Business - January 19th, 2022
- City Council And Statewide Primaries Likely To Be Delayed Again - The Rhino Times of Greensboro - The Rhino TImes - January 19th, 2022
- Boris Johnson Says England Will Ease Covid Rules - The New York Times - January 19th, 2022
- Politics & Other Mistakes: Liberating the Libertarians Daily Bulldog - Daily Bulldog - January 17th, 2022
- What is the impact of those refusing to get vaccinated? - The Week UK - January 17th, 2022
- Editorial: Photo ID to vote? Well, ok, but - Kingsport Times News - January 17th, 2022
- Unshackling the Indian economy will be a tall order - Mint - January 17th, 2022
- We Kiwis are a content lot, but trouble looms over the horizon - Stuff.co.nz - January 17th, 2022
- The dangerous incentive in a new domestic terror unit - The Week Magazine - January 17th, 2022
- Milei raffles off monthly pay and the cash is won by a Kirchnerite - Buenos Aires Times - January 17th, 2022
- Election season 2022, a look at the ballot | Local News | waxahachiesun.com - Waxahachie Sun - January 17th, 2022
- Sununu Goes To Washington To Talk To Cato Institute About New Hampshire - Patch.com - January 17th, 2022
- Novak Djokovic's dad called him 'Spartacus' and a 'leader of the libertarian world' in a bizarre rant about hi - Business Insider India - January 7th, 2022
- Aaron Rodgers Loves Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and We're Not Shocked - Esquire - January 7th, 2022
- Right-wing Catholic causes got millions from group that funded some Capitol rioters - National Catholic Reporter - January 7th, 2022
- See where your state ranks on telemedicine - Healthcare IT News - January 7th, 2022
- The New Right's Grim, Increasingly Popular Fantasies of an International Nationalism - The New Republic - January 7th, 2022
- Can someone hold office with felony convictions? | Local | tiogapublishing.com - The Wellsboro Gazette - January 7th, 2022
- Letters to the Editor | Opinion | benningtonbanner.com - Bennington Banner - January 7th, 2022
- Progressivism And Bitcoin Are Not Opposed - Bitcoin Magazine - January 7th, 2022
- Could Trump lose the 2024 GOP nomination? - The Week Magazine - January 5th, 2022
- Column: At this high school debate, the differences that matter are points of view - The Herald-Times - January 5th, 2022
- Boris Johnson and the woeful and costly Tory war on woke - The Japan Times - January 5th, 2022
- Daphne Bramham: A fight within the conservative family over which rights trump others - Vancouver Sun - January 5th, 2022
- Free Will: Determinism, Compatibilism & Libertarianism ... - December 27th, 2021
- Column: Latinos going GOP in 2024 isn't that farfetched - Los Angeles Times - December 27th, 2021
- Candace Owens Tells Fans to Take Quack Cure That Turns Skin Blue - The Daily Beast - December 27th, 2021
- Memorable images of 2021 capture a reality of our lives - The National - December 27th, 2021
- Which philosophy helps us confront the crises that beset us... we first or me first? - The Guardian - December 27th, 2021
- The only way to deal effectively with a pandemic is socialistic - Modern Diplomacy - December 15th, 2021
- The rise of the new radical right in Chile | International - Market Research Telecast - December 15th, 2021
- Blame the Scots-Irish influence | Opinion | journalpatriot.com - Wilkes Journal Patriot - December 15th, 2021
- The Mississippi abortion case and the American way of life - Washington Times - December 15th, 2021
- Cryptocurrency and the Shocking Revelation That White Supremacists Like Money - tntribune.com - December 13th, 2021
- A coalition without a core | WORLD - WORLD News Group - December 13th, 2021
- Is 2021 the year of the Nevada Independents? - The Nevada Independent - December 13th, 2021
- One on One with D.G. Martin: Blame the Scots-Irish - warrenrecord.com - December 13th, 2021
- Op-Ed: The New Hampshire We Love - InDepthNH.orgInDepthNH.org - InDepthNH.org - December 13th, 2021
- Libertarian Democrat - Wikipedia - December 10th, 2021
- Night-watchman state - Wikipedia - December 10th, 2021
- Oil-Backed Group Opposes Offshore Wind for Environmental Reasons - The Intercept - December 10th, 2021
- SPLC report examines use of Bitcoin and Monero by right wing extremists - FXStreet - December 10th, 2021
- The Illiberal Upstarts Trying to Reinvent Conservatism - The New Republic - December 10th, 2021
- Joe Rogan's Insta Post on "The Age of Conflict" Garners Over 600K Likes - We Got This Covered - November 28th, 2021
- Dear panicking civil libertarians isn't a pandemic the reason you have urgency? - thedailyblog.co.nz - November 28th, 2021
- Justice system reform is a wedge partisan issue. It doesn't have to be. - Savannah Morning News - November 28th, 2021
- Poll: Dunleavy ranks high in popularity, compared to all other governors - Must Read Alaska - November 28th, 2021
- David Brooks: We live in the Age of the Creative Minority - Salt Lake Tribune - November 25th, 2021
- Letter: Libertarianism is inherently antithetical to racism | Letters to the Editor | unionleader.com - The Union Leader - November 23rd, 2021
- How do Michigan roads rank in US? Libertarian think tank crunches the numbers - The Detroit News - November 23rd, 2021
- Stern rips anti-vaxxers: 'I might have to run' just to clean up their mess - The Hill - November 23rd, 2021
- Corruption and Patronage Are the Norm in the Australian Labor Party - Jacobin magazine - November 23rd, 2021
- Checking in on the candidates for Congress in 2022 Ballotpedia News - Ballotpedia News - November 23rd, 2021
- The false memory of an immaculate Ronald Reagan - The Week Magazine - November 23rd, 2021
- Auckland lockdown to end as New Zealand tries new virus tack - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 23rd, 2021
- Readers Respond to Tribes' Objections to Dutch Bros.' Horse Racing Gamble - Willamette Week - November 23rd, 2021
- Chris Jones explains his position on the issues on 40/29 News On The Record - 4029tv - November 23rd, 2021
- 'The Sum of Us' by Heather McGhee - The Somerville Times - November 17th, 2021
- Opinion/Barham: Moderates have no one to vote for - The Providence Journal - November 17th, 2021
- Nobel Prize-winning writer may be prosecuted for crimes against the state | TheHill - The Hill - November 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire protesters taunt Biden with Lets go Brandon jeers - Boston Herald - November 17th, 2021
- Now we know what the COVID police will do - Smoky Mountain News - November 17th, 2021
- Michigan GOP Official Hosted Podcast With White Nationalist - The Daily Beast - November 17th, 2021
- If libertarians built the roads, maybe they wouldnt be racist - Washington Examiner - November 13th, 2021
- The White Mountain Boys - Washington Monthly - November 13th, 2021
- Why Gen Z is fed-up with our two-party systemand will force it to change - New York Post - November 13th, 2021
- She helped her husband start a far-right militia group. Now the Oath Keeper's wife says she has regrets - Los Angeles Times - November 13th, 2021
- The post-Reagan GOP is still a work in progress - The Week Magazine - November 13th, 2021
- Guest Opinion: Calling out the Idaho Freedom Foundation - Idaho County Free Press - November 13th, 2021
- Josh Hawley is dead right about men and marriage - Washington Examiner - November 13th, 2021
- Cindy Axne will run for reelection in Congress, closing the door on Iowa gubernatorial bid - Des Moines Register - November 13th, 2021
- Kmele Foster Is Right: Banning Critical Race Theory Isn't Going To Stop It - The Federalist - November 13th, 2021
- Save AmericaReject Libertarianism - The American Mind - November 9th, 2021
- Poul Anderson - Wikipedia - November 9th, 2021
- Whos Afraid of Higher Education? - New York Magazine - November 9th, 2021
- Libertarian VP candidate visits The Firing Pin with message of limited government - The Batavian - November 9th, 2021
- The Rise of the Mises Caucus - Bacon's Rebellion - November 9th, 2021