THE organisers of this year's Aldi Chester 10k are making sure the running race will provide safe footing for competitors, volunteers and residents.
The fourth running of the city's 10k event will take place on Sunday, July 18.
All runners are being asked to take a Covid test the day before the race, and not to attend on race day if they have a positive result and/or are feeling any Covid symptoms.
Test kits can be collected at pharmacies in the city and from the dedicated Covid testing sites set up in Chester. People without symptoms can also get tested at Chester Cathedral.
As a further precaution, runners will be split into four different start time waves, and starters will be further divided into four groups.
Runners must wear masks before and after the race. It is not required for them to run the race while wearing a mask.
Due to the number of different start times, that means the roads used for the 10k route will be closed a little longer than usual.
People will not be allowed to drive on the roads used for the course and residents on the route who need to leave during the closure period should move their car before the road closures begin.
For runners, there will be no parking on site and they are advised to park nearby in the city if travelling in by car. In addition, there is no baggage storage bring only what you plan to run in or wear additional clothes which you wish to leave at the start and donate to charity.
For residents, Parkgate Road (A540) by Chester will be closed from 7.30am to noon.
The race starts will be on Chester Racecourse. There will be short delays on New Crane Street and Sealand Road between 7.30am and 10.30am.
In the Garden Quarter, the main road closures are: Raymond Street, Canal Street, Walpole Street, Cheyney Road, Garden Lane and Bouverie Street, which will be closed from 7.30am until 12.30pm.
Stadium Way and Saughall Road between Sealand Road and the Deva Link will be closed between 7.15am and 10.30am.
Parkgate Road from Liverpool Road to Deva Link, and the Deva Link, will be closed from 7.30am to noon.
Residents of Bouverie Street north of Garden Lane can exit via West Lorne Street onto Chichester Street. Residents of Raymond Street are advised to park south of the junction with Canal Street, and will be able to exit on Tower Road to New Crane Street, except for the short periods when runners are passing.
For Mollington residents, Parkgate Road (A540) will be closed from 7.15am to 11.45am. Residents can access Chester or the Wirral using Station Lane to get onto the A41. To access Saughall, use either Overwood Lane or Coalpit Lane.
Road closures do not apply to pedestrians. If you are on the run route please take care as there will be race vehicles on the route.
Sadly, no spectators will be permitted for the event, and runners should turn up to the event by themselves if possible, no more than 30 minutes before the start of their race.
Chris Hulse of Active Leisure Events, the team behind the Aldi Chester 10K, Essar Chester Half Marathon and the MBNA Chester Marathon, said: Weve missed hosting our events and seeing runners in Chester.
We have gone the extra mile to plan a race that conforms to all the Covid-19 guidelines and then some more to produce an event that will mark a safe return to running for all whilst still being the memorable experience that people expect from us.
Runners unable to attend on race day or would prefer to take part away from Chester can sign up to the 'Run Your Way' version of the race, which they can do any time up until August 15. Those unable to attend should email email@example.com .
Chris added: We are over the moon to be finally back and doing what we love to do for the runners. Feedback we have had so far indicates that the runners are happy that we are playing it so safe. This is reflected in the surge of entries being received.
I am also delighted to announce that the coveted Chester Triple medal is back for 2021 for runners who complete the Aldi Chester 10K and Essar Chester Half Marathon and either the MBNA Chester Marathon or the MBNA Chester Metric Marathon.
Running is bouncing back and we are so glad to be part of it!
- Seal and Daughter Leni, 17, Pose at The Harder They Fall Premiere: Photos - Us Weekly - October 19th, 2021
- City moves to expand tree-protection rules | News | Palo Alto Online | - Palo Alto Online - October 19th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: Endorsement, Madison Township and Biden - Mansfield News Journal - October 19th, 2021
- Saving energy and staying warm: How to keep your electric bill from spiking in winter - WFXRtv.com - October 19th, 2021
- Hawaiian Monk Seal Being Treated For Toxoplasmosis, Other Ailments at Ke Kai Ola - Big Island Now - October 19th, 2021
- 9th Circuit to expedite Jones Day appeal in Orrick subpoena row. But why? - Reuters - October 19th, 2021
- High Court refuses permission for unissued contempt application where breach of freezing order only technical - Lexology - October 19th, 2021
- Brabant people are arguing about the high voltage station for Geeland - Cheraw Chronicle - October 19th, 2021
- WIMI Hologram Competes with Big Companies Like Apple with the Emergence of the Metaverse Concept - Digital Journal - October 19th, 2021
- Belfast Lough Seal Spotted With Can Stuck on Jaw Rescued in Scotland - Afloat - October 19th, 2021
- US Navy Receives 500th AN/WSN-7 Inertial Navigation System - Naval News - October 19th, 2021
- Road that's not a road causing county conundrum - Banner Graphic - October 19th, 2021
- How to Have the Perfect Saturday Biking Around Charleston - Bicycling - October 13th, 2021
- Wingin It: Jollof rice brings the heat to the Houston Texans - Buffalo Rumblings - October 3rd, 2021
- Road section on Clockwise Chester scheme to revert to two-way traffic next month - The Chester Standard - October 3rd, 2021
- Best Ear Plugs: The Hottest Thing to Wear to the Club Is a Pair of Earplugs - GQ - October 3rd, 2021
- Injured highway paving worker treated and released | Pontotoc Progress | djournal.com - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - October 1st, 2021
- New map shows parts of Flintshire and Wrexham most at risk from flooding - LeaderLive - October 1st, 2021
- Biden and Pelosi Work the Congressional Baseball Game - The New York Times - October 1st, 2021
- Social medias impact on kids, Dog the Bounty Hunter on Laundries trail and psychedelic treatment for veterans with PTSD - NewsNation Now - October 1st, 2021
- Green shakshuka by Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley recipe - The Guardian - October 1st, 2021
- Cape fishermen thought to have been attacked by leopard seal - Independent Online - October 1st, 2021
- Miss Earth USA organizes cleanups at Rose Creek and La Jolla Cove for annual Coastal Cleanup Day - Marisa Butler who was named Miss Earth USA 2021 on... - October 1st, 2021
- Start date revealed for removal of Clockwise Chester diversions - Cheshire Live - September 29th, 2021
- Sealand fits DHC-2 Beaver with RED A03 engine - wingsmagazine.com - September 27th, 2021
- The Saddening result of seal and seal pup disturbance on the Welsh coast - Herald Wales - September 24th, 2021
- Anushka Ranjan on rumours of her wedding with Aditya Seal: When things are concrete, will comment - Hindustan Times - September 24th, 2021
- Are Aditya Seal and Anushka Ranjan planning to get married on November 21? - Times of India - September 24th, 2021
- Silver-enhanced disinfectant has long-lasting effects against Covid-19 - The Northern Miner - September 24th, 2021
- Cool, Comfortable, and Optically Clear Mask By Omni Labs Protects With 99.997% Filtration - GlobeNewswire - September 24th, 2021
- The adorable reason why the blue lagoon in Pembrokeshire is to close for public access - Wales Online - September 24th, 2021
- At a rare marathon in Kotzebue, chest waders, piggyback ride and sled dogs are part of the race plan - Anchorage Daily News - September 24th, 2021
- From dolphins to a leopard seal: One rescue after another in Wellington - Stuff.co.nz - September 24th, 2021
- This is why Blue Lagoon in Pembrokeshire will be closed to the public for two months - South Wales Guardian - September 24th, 2021
- Elephant seals are the star of free presentation this month - Port Townsend Leader - September 16th, 2021
- Letter: It's time to remove reference to Myles Standish from State Seal - The Patriot Ledger - September 16th, 2021
- Heidi Klum shares rare pics of son with Seal to celebrate his 16th birthday - Yahoo News - September 16th, 2021
- What's Up Doc? COVID test is negative; barking cough and fever may mean toddler has croup - MetroWest Daily News - September 16th, 2021
- More than 2,000 healthcare workers in isolation placing hospital systems under pressure - The Guardian Australia - September 16th, 2021
- Say OK Google to the new Pixel Buds - BusinessLine - September 16th, 2021
- The Art of Matthew Rolston - Forbes - September 16th, 2021
- Forever chemicals: the hidden threat from the toxic PFAS on your shelf - The Guardian - September 16th, 2021
- Aukus submarines banned from New Zealand as pact exposes divide with western allies - The Guardian - September 16th, 2021
- Memes and fan reactions for episode 6 of What If ? on Disney + - Market Research Telecast - September 16th, 2021
- Naval aviation gets Presidents Colour. Heres all you need to know of the honour - ThePrint - September 10th, 2021
- An Urban Archive Was Lost on 9/11. This Agency Is Trying to Rebuild It. - The New York Times - September 10th, 2021
- Bucks Man Gets 3 Years In Prison For Pretending To Be Military Hero To Recieve Federal Benefits - Daily Voice - September 10th, 2021
- Hearing for county seal alteration bumped to February - williamsonherald.com - September 10th, 2021
- Nearly 40 Students Are Awarded Nursing Pins - Hudson Valley Press - September 10th, 2021
- A Deep Dive into Osaka Aquarium Kaiykan: Home to Whale Sharks and Ringed Seals - Nippon.com - September 10th, 2021
- Recipe of the Day: Grilled Flat Iron Steak Fajitas with Roasted Hatch Chiles - KSDK.com - September 10th, 2021
- Beyond the sarnie: no-cook packed lunches to beat back-to-work blues - The Guardian - September 10th, 2021
- Local donations dedicated to the anniversary of the Peasant Congress in Arms - Radio Cadena Agramonte - September 10th, 2021
- NASA says the Mars Perseverance rover has collected its first sample - Yahoo Singapore News - September 10th, 2021
- Fire at Sealands caravan park forces evacuation of guests in early hours of this morning - Lincolnshire Live - August 26th, 2021
- Our hearts are broken: Grandmother pays tribute to toddler who died in caravan fire - The Independent - August 26th, 2021
- Maersk Partners for Development of E-Methanol Production - The Maritime Executive - August 22nd, 2021
- Seal and Pour Bag Clips Market: Competitive Landscape, Main Players, Size, SWOT Analysis 2021 to 2030 - The Market Writeuo - The Market Writeuo - August 20th, 2021
- Maersk secures green e-methanol for the world's first container vessel operating on carbon-neutral fuel; new plant in Denmark - Green Car Congress - August 20th, 2021
- Good Wood: Mineral Oil is the Miracle Product You Need - My New Orleans - My New Orleans - August 20th, 2021
- Afghanistan: Rescuing Americans, push to get interpreters out and Bidens lack of interviews - NewsNation Now - August 20th, 2021
- Boil-water advisory partially lifted in Montreal's West Island - CBC.ca - August 20th, 2021
- Local summit club to host annual Dan Licardo Blood Drive on 9/11 - The Cross Timbers Gazette - August 20th, 2021
- Project updates for the Week of Aug. 23, 2021 - Texas Department of Transportation - August 20th, 2021
- The situation in Afghanistan is worse than 2001, "we blew this" - California News Times - August 20th, 2021
- 'Murder' in the British Museum St Thomas Becket - The Tablet - August 20th, 2021
- Red Sox players are pressing. It feels like their bosses might never again. - Boston.com - August 20th, 2021
- Ballots on their way to San Diego County registered voters - CBS News 8 - August 20th, 2021
- Project updates for the Week of Aug. 16, 2021 - Texas Department of Transportation - August 14th, 2021
- Heres whats new at Cedar Point in 2022 - WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland - August 14th, 2021
- Border agents have seized thousands of counterfeit CDC vaccination cards from China headed to New Orleans - Yahoo News - August 14th, 2021
- Hungarian bookstores are afraid of self-censorship as legislation restricts the sale of LGBTQ-themed books. - Texasnewstoday.com - August 14th, 2021
- VUDU heads into the weekend with nearly 200 movies discounted to just $5 each - 9to5Toys - August 14th, 2021
- Baked fish with supergrains and salsa verde recipe - Telegraph.co.uk - August 14th, 2021
- How Mumbais flamingos and Koli fishers could help the city in its battle against flooding - Scroll.in - August 14th, 2021
- Michael Jordans Competitive Edge Helped Make Him a Living Legend, but Hed Give Up His Addiction If He Could: Then I Could Breathe - Sportscasting - August 14th, 2021
- Popular New York beach closed to swimmers over shark sightings - The Independent - August 14th, 2021
- How Bolton Wanderers have fared in penalty shoot-outs over the years - The Bolton News - August 11th, 2021
- Dometic/Sealand Marine Products - Environmental Marine - August 6th, 2021
- Map using police reports shows what crimes were reported across Sealand in June - LeaderLive - August 4th, 2021