You there, fellow American! Were you under the impression that Thanksgiving is the uniquely American holiday that celebrates how English settlers and Native Americans peacefully crossed linguistic, cultural and racial barriers to share a meal together and create a model for gratitude and tolerance that would be the envy of the world?
Wrong! says Woke America. Thanksgiving is about murder, plunder and hate. Invite your relatives over to spread love and gravy? No, if you really want to honor the spirit of Thanksgiving, you should whip yourself with barbed wire all day.
In a Nov. 20 MSNBC segment, The Thanksgiving history youve never heard, Gyasi Ross screams at his audience in a tone of voice suggesting an Oberlin sophomore from the Militant Vegans Brigade: The truth is that pilgrims did not bring turkey, sweet potato pie or cranberries to Thanksgiving. They could not. They were broke! They were broken! Their hands were out! They were begging! They brought nothing of value. But they got fed! They got schooled!
Instead of bringing stuffing and biscuits, those settlers brought genocide and violence. That genocide and violence is still on the menu! And state sponsored violence against Native and black Americans is commonplace!
Ross maniac-on-corner-with-bullhorn rant is a dead giveaway. Its an indication that no matter what event or topic may be at hand Kittens! Candy! The comeback of ABBA! the media will screechingly insist on changing the subject back to the Subject, the only subject anyone is ever supposed to talk about, ever.
Dare to feel good about anything in Americas past, present or future and youre clearly a racist.
Two years ago on MSNBC, Joy Reid informed us that Thanksgiving was problematic. A column in The Philadelphia Tribune on Saturday insisted, Celebrating Thanksgiving is celebrating racist genocide. Except its not. Its like saying going to a NASCAR race amounts to celebrating the 35,000 Americans who get killed in car crashes each year.
In 2017, a Bustle piece on how to do Thanksgiving advised its nervous young female readers to acknowledge the national day of mourning, take time to reflect on lives lost and not use culturally appropriative decorations. You also must avoid any crafts or decorations that feed into the Pilgrim myth. So its appropriation to honor my own freaking culture?
Last week, a macaroni-and-cheese recipe in Eater began with a disclaimer: Thanksgiving traces its origins to an uneasy, temporary alliance between 17th-century English settlers and members of the Wampanoag Confederacy. This year, Eater is choosing to acknowledge that history in our coverage of the holiday.
The Washington Post informs us, Just as Native American activists have demanded the removal of Christopher Columbus statues . . . they have long objected to the popular portrayal of Thanksgiving.
See what they did there? They didnt claim Native Americans in general hate Thanksgiving. Native Americans, who frequently refer to themselves as Indians, reject political correctness. (Ninety percent of them werent offended by the Washington Redskins name before it became a generic Football Team.)
No, only Native American activists are angry about Thanksgiving. In other words, the WaPo went searching for Indians who are angry about Thanksgiving and came back with Indians who are angry about Thanksgiving. Activists are protesters, and protesters, by definition, dont like the things they are protesting. The paper was simply informing us that haters hate stuff.
And hating is a proud American tradition, one of the freedoms we enjoy. Say all the mean things you want, no one can lock you up for it!
But why should the rest of us pay any attention to whatever self-induced trauma wokesters are trying to lay on the rest of us? Theyre like the deranged people I see addressing their demons on the 1 train: The rest of us should just stay away.
Sure, its a fearful time, what with The New York Times publishing insane pieces instructing Turkey Day hosts how to install mandatory COVID testing regimes in their homes and Clueless Kathy, the accidental governor of New York, telling people to be masked and stay six feet apart while they pass around the mashed potatoes. Bring your signal flags to the table or warm up for demented screaming.
Hey, Uncle Ernie!
Do you like the Raiders or the Cowboys today?
I cant hear you, there are 12 people here and youre 72 feet away!
Nope, thats a nonstarter. Far from nixing Thanksgiving, we should multiply its spirit by 365: We should be grateful every day for being Americans.
Read this article:
- Why you should change your voter registration to Pennsylvania, Part 1: the insanity of Doug Mastriano - CMU The Tartan Online - September 22nd, 2022
- TIFF 2022 Review: Stephanie Johnes' "Maya and the Wave" Hits a High Watermark - The Moveable Fest - September 22nd, 2022
- Longing After the Fleshpots | Luke Burgis - First Things - September 22nd, 2022
- Where to Watch and Stream Jimmy Carr: Telling Jokes Free Online - EpicStream - September 22nd, 2022
- Opinion | Leicester Violence Has Exposed the Multicultural Claims of Left-Liberals - News18 - September 22nd, 2022
- America's Misguided Fascination With Royalty - The Atlantic - September 22nd, 2022
- The pending collapse of the United States of Political Correctness - The Hill - September 3rd, 2022
- Laurence Fox finds a role equal to his talents: the Breitbart biopic of Hunter Biden - The Guardian US - September 3rd, 2022
- Moving ahead as a party of one Times News Online - tnonline.com - September 3rd, 2022
- Google Bars Truth Social From App Store Over Lack of Content Moderation - Reason - September 3rd, 2022
- She idolised Thatcher, now Liz Truss is on the cusp of becoming Britain's next PM - WAtoday - September 3rd, 2022
- OPINION: Andrew Tate sparks a culture war: The perspective of a young man and woman The New Political - The New Political - September 3rd, 2022
- "I Know What It Means To Grow Up Without Much" Pro Golfer Harold Varner III Keeps It Real About Going To LIV Golf | It's All About The Bag!... - September 3rd, 2022
- The Lady Is Not For (A Populist) Turning: Thatcherian Ambiguities In Cas Mudde's Theory Analysis - Eurasia Review - September 3rd, 2022
- Dear Friends and Readers, The Brooklyn Rail - Brooklyn Rail - September 3rd, 2022
- 9/2 Flashback: On abortion | Fred Clark - Patheos - September 3rd, 2022
- The Kingdom Exodus Review: Lars von Trier Goes Full Meta With the Return of His Creepy Hospital Drama - Yahoo Entertainment - September 3rd, 2022
- Film Review: 'Explorer': The Amazing Life Story of Author and Renowned Overachiever Ranulph Fiennes - The Epoch Times - September 3rd, 2022
- Bill Maher Asks A Question Even A Meathead Cant Answer On Real Time - Deadline - August 29th, 2022
- Exclusive | Pa Ranjith on 10 years in cinema, pan-Indian films, Natchathiram Nagargiradhu: 'I am waiting to see the ripples it creates' - The Indian... - August 29th, 2022
- Opinion: In Alberta, children's early years of education are being used in a game of political football - The Globe and Mail - August 29th, 2022
- Marvel Comics Removes Masters Of Kung Fu Mentions From Its Website - Bleeding Cool News - August 29th, 2022
- Jimmy Carr's 'Terribly Funny' tour to be the biggest comedy tour to ever hit Australia - Beat Magazine - August 29th, 2022
- Police need to be more focused on crimes that matter to voters, say Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss - iNews - August 29th, 2022
- Hulu's Reboot Debuts First Trailer And Brings Paul Reiser Back To The Sitcom - GameSpot - August 29th, 2022
- JMM claims 16 BJP MLAs in touch with party - Daily Pioneer - August 29th, 2022
- France keeps blocking MidCat gas interconnection with Spain - EURACTIV - August 29th, 2022
- Naming Rotherham the Childrens Capital of Culture is a sick joke - Spiked - August 29th, 2022
- Ryan Tubridy reveals when he thinks he'll leave the Late Late Show - Extra.ie - August 29th, 2022
- As the energy price cap is announced, where is the government? We investigate - Big Issue - August 29th, 2022
- South Africans have spoken: Wokeism The opposite of creativity - BizNews - August 29th, 2022
- Is Political Correctness And Language Policing Weaponized To Exploit Minority Groups? - Yahoo News - August 23rd, 2022
- Letter is an exercise in Western superiority | Letters to the Editor | thebrunswicknews.com - Brunswick News - August 23rd, 2022
- Why is the political gender gap growing? - UnHerd - August 23rd, 2022
- John Waters on the Truth About Lying and How Hes Avoided Cancel Culture - Rolling Stone - August 23rd, 2022
- 'Desus & Mero' Brought the Block to Late-Night TV - The Atlantic - August 23rd, 2022
- Jim Breuer Special Mocks Wokeness As The Laughingstock It Is - The Federalist - August 4th, 2022
- Letter to the Editor: Bruce Butler's column about the military lacks nuance and context - Summit Daily - August 4th, 2022
- The Unconstitutional PP10043: Time to End the Collateral Damage - UrbanMatter - August 4th, 2022
- David Sedaris Coming to the Miller Center for the Arts - BCTV - bctv.org - August 4th, 2022
- Slavoj iek: We are addicted to chaos - UnHerd - August 4th, 2022
- Senseless beliefs you need to get rid of today - wknd. - August 4th, 2022
- 5 hilarious drill instructor episodes - We Are The Mighty - August 4th, 2022
- Op-Ed: Reviving civic education in Iowa - The Center Square - August 2nd, 2022
- Kemi may not be next PM but she oozes real-life experience & will be a champion for working people a... - The US Sun - August 2nd, 2022
- Were the 70s Really That Great? - Novara Media - August 2nd, 2022
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Is It Unfair To Call For Boycott Of Films Even Before Their Release? - SheThePeople - August 2nd, 2022
- The Reason Why 'The Rings of Power' Is So Controversial - We Got This Covered - August 2nd, 2022
- To hell with political correctness, it's an outrage adults missed the plight of vulnerable girls for fear of accusations of transphobia, says Darren... - July 29th, 2022
- The politics of political correctness - The New Indian Express - July 29th, 2022
- 'Be offended': How to shut down the woke mob with two words - Washington Examiner - July 29th, 2022
- Why are Mr. Men and Little Miss memes all over social media right now? - Lifestyle Asia Bangkok - July 29th, 2022
- Wokus Pocus and the Culture War - The Spectator Australia - July 29th, 2022
- Why is Peter Dutton trying to start another political fight over the school curriculum? - The Conversation Indonesia - July 29th, 2022
- Ross: Pence turns the other cheek when asked about Trump and the future of the GOP - MyNorthwest - July 29th, 2022
- Any Given Tuesday: Lis Smith on Cuomo, Spitzer and a political life - The Guardian - July 29th, 2022
- This Is It - The Epoch Times - July 29th, 2022
- The fantastical world of the New (evangelical) Zealots - Baptist News Global - July 29th, 2022
- Fans Want Seth MacFarlane To Take Over Star Trek, Here's The Petition - Giant Freakin Robot - July 29th, 2022
- From Matt Damon to Gwyneth Paltrow: Celebrities who pushed crypto now paying for it in popularity - EL PAS USA - July 29th, 2022
- Political Correctness Is Losing - New York - July 9th, 2022
- Nolte: David Cronenberg Blames Political Correctness for Sexless Movies - July 9th, 2022
- The Oversensitivity Overkill - The Citizen - July 9th, 2022
- We must work to restore the American spirit - Alpena News - July 9th, 2022
- Bette Midler is right about the erasure of women - Washington Examiner - July 9th, 2022
- Barstool Subverts Elites On Everything Except Sexual Ethics - The Federalist - July 9th, 2022
- Splaine: Two Portsmouths: The rather well-to-do, and the not-quite so - Seacoastonline.com - July 9th, 2022
- 'Christian persecution never ended in Middle East - Aid to the Church in Need - July 9th, 2022
- The antidote to America's race wars - UnHerd - July 9th, 2022
- Peter Thiel: the grown-up in the Big Tech room - TheArticle - July 9th, 2022
- DISTURBED Frontman 'Couldn't Be More Proud' Of His Bandmate For Taking On 'Cancel Culture' With New Guitar - BLABBERMOUTH.NET - July 9th, 2022
- The late Senator John McCains widow, Cindy McCain, claimed that her late husband wouldnt approve of the Republican Party as it is today - TDPel Media - July 9th, 2022
- OPINION | Leave the gas station owners out of it - Marianas Variety News & Views - July 9th, 2022
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage - Detroit News - July 9th, 2022
- If the Tories are to have a chance of winning the next election, what is needed is Brexit 2.0 - The Telegraph - July 9th, 2022
- Being respectful shouldnt have to mean upending the language: Ted Diadiun - cleveland.com - July 9th, 2022
- Reviving The Lost Art of Forgiveness - Forbes - June 15th, 2022
- Inside Krakens Culture War Stoked by Its C.E.O. - The New York Times - June 15th, 2022
- Long Island Rep. Tom Suozzi runs as a tax-slashing centrist in bid to topple Hochul in NY governor's race - New York Daily News - June 15th, 2022
- Deep in the Heart of Beavis & Butt-Head - Texas Monthly - June 15th, 2022