Amazons ham-handed PR was among the reasons why it suffered one of the biggest defeats in recent labor history, as workers on Staten Island voted to join the newly created Amazon Labor Union, which was the brainchild of 30-year-old fired warehouse worker Chris Smalls.
Hes not smart, or articulate, and to the extent the press wants to focus on us versus him, we will be in a much stronger PR position, wrote David Zapolsky, Amazon general counsel in a note that was leaked to Vice. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Amazon spent millions to defeat the ALU and hired the well-connected Democratic Global Strategy Group PA shop to torpedo the union drive.
GSG has some explaining to do, especially since it worked for the Biden campaign. Joe Biden is the most pro-union US president in years.
In a sharp contrast, GoFundMe donations funded Smalls grassroots PR campaign of texts, emails and meetings with the more than 8,000 Staten Island workers.
That effort also included volunteer support and guidance from the Communications Workers of America, UNITE HERE, United Food and Commercial Workers, Office and Professional Employees International Union, and Workers Assembly Against Racism.
Smalls told National Public Radio on April 6 that hes been contacted by more than 50 Amazon facilities in the US, Canada, UK, South Africa and India about organizing their workplaces.
That should convince Amazon founder Rocket Man Jeff Bezos to spend more time dealing with his restless workforce, rather than on his space dreams.
Amazon on April 4 announced the largest deal in the commercial space industry as it signed an agreement with United Launch Alliance (Boeing/Lockheed Martin partnership), Europes Arianespace and Bezos Blue Origin for 83 launches for its Project Kuiper internet satellites.
Theres trouble brewing in Earth's biggest store, Jeff.
Though Donald Trump watches a heckuva lot of television, hes been pretty quiet about the images of brutality, carnage, mangled bodies, corpses with hands tied behind their backs and wanton destruction transmitted from Ukraine to screens throughout the world.
The silence of the former president leads one to wonder whether he is angling for his own slot on Antifake, a new program on Russias most-watched TV network.
On April 5, Antifake featured a panel that dismissed scenes of dead civilians lying on the streets of Bucha, a suburb of Kyiv, as stunts staged by the non-existent Nazis of Ukraine and their allies in the west. Antifake drove home that propaganda point by running FAKE across the TV screen.
Since Trump is the guy who popularized the use of fake news, he would feel right at home at Antifake.
He could even have his buddy, Vladimir Putin, call in to rage at his perceived enemies, just like Trump does at Fox News.
Real Chemistry keeps on gobbling up acquisitions, though some signs of heartburn have started to appear.
The San Francisco-based healthcare PR firm, which prefers to call itself a global innovation company committed to making the world a healthier place for all," announced the acquisition of ConversationHealth on April 5.
ConversationHealth is the 10th acquisition for Real Chemistry since the company unveiled its partnership with NewMountain Capital in 2019.
The deal comes as Real Chemistry trimmed its workforce by about 50 people due to redundancies and overlap partly due to its aggressive acquisition spree.
McKinsey & Co. alum Shankar Narayanan assumed the helm of Real Chemistry in January from founder Jim Weiss.
CPAC loves Putin-lite. The Conservative Political Action Conference will hold its May meeting in Budapest and feature Hungarys right-wing nationalist leader Viktor Orban, who just won another term as prime minister, as a keynoter.
Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson is a big fan of Orban, a close ally of Putin.
Budapests Center for Fundamental Rights invited CPAC to stage its first Continental Europe conference in Hungary.
Founded in 2013, The Center says preserving national identity, sovereignty and Christian social traditions" is its mission, especially amongst the 21st centurys heightened process of "globalization, integration, geopolitical and technological changes, affecting the field of law as well.
In short, the Center wants to counter todays overgrown human rights fundamentalism and political correctness that have been affecting numerous aspects of our everyday life." It wants to turn back the hands of time to the Middle Ages.
CPAC might want to extend an invite to Putin to appear alongside his acolyte Orban. Tucker would be thrilled.
Read this article:
- Reviving The Lost Art of Forgiveness - Forbes - June 15th, 2022
- Inside Krakens Culture War Stoked by Its C.E.O. - The New York Times - June 15th, 2022
- Long Island Rep. Tom Suozzi runs as a tax-slashing centrist in bid to topple Hochul in NY governor's race - New York Daily News - June 15th, 2022
- Deep in the Heart of Beavis & Butt-Head - Texas Monthly - June 15th, 2022
- A prominent part of the Jan. 6 hearings, right-wing groups like Proud Boys seek to build a white nation - The Fayetteville Observer - June 15th, 2022
- Kelly Reilly (Yellowstone): Beth Dutton is a fearless thunderstorm of a woman and a once in a lifetime role [Exclusive Video Interview] - Gold Derby - June 15th, 2022
- We Have Become Lonely and Our Relationships Increasingly Toxic: What Has Happened to Us? - Digital Journal - June 15th, 2022
- 50 years of jokes and tricks at Waukesha's Jest For Fun Joke Shop - Greater Milwaukee Today | GMToday.com - June 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay Rays decry 31 killed in Buffalo and Uvalde what about 40,000 in Chicago? - The Hill - June 15th, 2022
- Father of the Bride Film Review: Latino Specificity Makes This Remake Feel Like an Original - Yahoo Entertainment - June 15th, 2022
- Halftime review: Jennifer Lopez asks Hollywood for her long overdue standing ovation in rousing, effective documentary - Entertainment News ,... - June 15th, 2022
- Will the Colombian Trump win the presidency? - GZERO Media - June 15th, 2022
- Prevent and the problem of 'political correctness' - The Spectator - June 11th, 2022
- The overuse and misuse of politically incorrect speech - The Michigan Daily - June 11th, 2022
- Patriotism in 2022: Red hot anger, White rage and a blue-streak Daily Montanan - Daily Montanan - June 11th, 2022
- Voters in SF and LA voice their disgust - CalMatters - June 11th, 2022
- The Real Goal of the January 6th Committee - The National Interest Online - June 11th, 2022
- Thought Crimes: the Shameful Undemocratic Wilding of Contrary Opinion - Fair Observer - June 11th, 2022
- THE SELF-TAUGHT GARDENER: Immigration policy and the moth formerly known as gypsy - theberkshireedge.com - June 11th, 2022
- Perspective: What can we do after Uvalde? And will we do anything? - Northern Public Radio (WNIJ) - June 11th, 2022
- Bill Maher Thinks Republicans Will 'Steal' Pot Legalization - High Times - June 11th, 2022
- What the New York Times Won't Admit About California - City Watch - June 11th, 2022
- Discriminating tastes: Why academia must tackle its "race science" problem - Salon - June 11th, 2022
- John Waters on Divine, Drag Kings and Political Correctness - AnOther Magazine - June 3rd, 2022
- Ukraine, time to rise and strike! - The Riverdale Press - June 3rd, 2022
- Don of a new era: the rise of Peter Thiel as a US rightwing power player - The Guardian - June 3rd, 2022
- Russia using disinformation to stir hostility between Ukrainians and Poles, warn security services - Notes From Poland - June 3rd, 2022
- Book review: Damodar Mauzos The Wait And Other Stories feel like an oven baked snack - Art-and-culture News , Firstpost - Firstpost - June 3rd, 2022
- The Boys Season 3 Review: Preparing to Bust a Cap - Superherohype.com - June 3rd, 2022
- Why today's debates over Aurangzeb, Shivaji, Rana Pratap or Prithviraj Chauhan are not about good or bad history, but tussles over memory - The Indian... - June 3rd, 2022
- There Are No Saints - Film Threat - June 3rd, 2022
- Reaction to new name for Fort Bragg mixed among veterans, activists - Up & Coming Weekly - June 3rd, 2022
- San Diego County Sheriff's candidates share their views - The San Diego Union-Tribune - June 3rd, 2022
- Opinion | Gun Violence Is Like What Segregation Was. An Unaddressed Moral Stain. - The New York Times - June 3rd, 2022
- The growing attacks on cops and other commentary - New York Post - May 11th, 2022
- 30 Helens Agree Amazons Kids in the Hall Revival Is Hilarious: Review - Consequence - May 11th, 2022
- Parents are 'sleeping giants' who will fix American education - Fox News - May 11th, 2022
- Abortions and the pendulum - Kathimerini English Edition - May 11th, 2022
- Labour may think its moving on, but working-class voters arent following - The Guardian - May 11th, 2022
- Grace Hyland says she 'hates' being politicised as the transgender community is 'the antithesis of a political issue' - 9Honey - May 11th, 2022
- The Cathedral Vs. The Orthodox Church - The American Conservative - May 11th, 2022
- Chadar At Ajmer Sharif And Praises On Prithviraj Chauhan Cannot Go Hand-In-Hand; Chishti Blessed Ghori To Defeat Prithviraj, As Per His Biography -... - May 11th, 2022
- The Name "Indian" and Political Correctness | HuffPost ... - May 3rd, 2022
- PCU (film) - Wikipedia - May 3rd, 2022
- Reading between the lines of "1984" in 2022 | Opinion | morgancountycitizen.com - Morgan County Citizen - May 3rd, 2022
- Why 2022 is the worst year for anniversaries - TheArticle - May 3rd, 2022
- ITV DI Ray fans left divided about show but all in agreement on one thing - Birmingham Live - May 3rd, 2022
- Republicans making critical gains among Hispanic and non-White voters ahead of 2022 election - Washington Times - May 3rd, 2022
- Bell: Kenney government wants hands off old John A. - Calgary Sun - May 3rd, 2022
- Parapsychologists, sects and secret services: Remembering the most tense chess game in history - EL PAS in English - May 3rd, 2022
- Austin Powers: 10 things you didn't know about the landmark '90s comedy - Tilt Magazine - May 3rd, 2022
- Kerr: GOP's 'stokeism' is replacing substance with the surreal - Seacoastonline.com - May 3rd, 2022
- POTUS Broadway Review: The President Cant Be Held Responsible for This Mess - Yahoo Entertainment - May 3rd, 2022
- Letter To The Editor: A Response to the OpEd 3/21 The Reed College Quest - The Reed College Quest - April 15th, 2022
- Bill Maher's #Adulting and Comedians' Obsession With Haters - TIME - April 15th, 2022
- Replacing Human Rights Act will weaken protections, say peers and MPs - The Guardian - April 15th, 2022
- Elon Musk, Twitter, and the Politics of Disruption - The Bulwark - April 15th, 2022
- Slave Coin Or Freedom Coin: Which Way Western Man? - Bitcoin Magazine - April 15th, 2022
- Another Trump hate rally: The threats get worse, and polite America turns away - Salon - April 15th, 2022
- Comedy Is More Dangerous Because Of Will Smith: DL Hughley Weighs In On The Consequences Of The Slap (Video) - Radio Facts - April 15th, 2022
- Oingo Boingo little Girls Song Controversy, Meaning Of Little Girls And Still The Creepiest Music Video Of All Time? - The Current - April 15th, 2022
- Seth McFarlane's 'Ted' Series Announces Its Main Cast - We Got This Covered - April 15th, 2022
- The abortion culture and atrocity in Ukraine - The Christian Post - April 15th, 2022
- No, Russian artists have not been cancelled - The Indian Express - April 15th, 2022
- S N Balagangadhara Interview Part IV: There Is Intellectual Poverty In Islamised Regions; India May Be Headed The Same Way If It Does Not Watch Out. -... - April 15th, 2022
- The Problem with Political Correctness Life Lessons - April 9th, 2022
- Has political correctness gone too far? | The Economist - April 9th, 2022
- 'Politically Correct': The Phrase Has Gone From Wisdom To ... - April 9th, 2022
- Political Correctness Run Amok - The Post & Email - April 9th, 2022
- Is Real Time with Bill Maher new tonight, April 8? - Last Night On - April 9th, 2022
- The futility of framing one another as progressives and evangelicals, devils and dummies - Baptist News Global - April 9th, 2022
- "The Real World of College: What Higher Education Is and What It Can Be" - Public Radio Tulsa - April 9th, 2022
- Oreos Gone Woke: Is Nothing Off Limits to LGBT Left? - Daily Signal - April 9th, 2022
- Political Correctness - Munk Debates - April 6th, 2022
- Today's letters: Readers comment on the one-party system and school lunches - Daily Commercial - April 6th, 2022
- The Oral History of PCU, the Culture Wars Cult Classic - VICE - April 6th, 2022
- So-Called Cancel Culture Is a Vacant Concept, So It Can Be Turned Back Against the Culture Warriors - Justia Verdict - April 6th, 2022
- Ideology and Disunion - The American Conservative - April 6th, 2022
- Hungarian media freedom is alive and well - Washington Examiner - April 6th, 2022
- Why does Twitter think Russian lies are OK but Trump isn't? - The Spectator - April 6th, 2022