SIR Billy Connolly delighted fans today during an appearance on Lorraine's chat show to plug his new book.
Viewers raced to Twitter to cheer on the 78-year-old comedy legend who chatted about his revealing autobiography from his home in Florida.
Billy, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease nine years ago, has been the subject of two books by his wife, Pamela Stephenson, a psychotherapist and former comedian.
But his autobiography, Windswept and Interesting, is out this week.
One viewer tweeted: "Shock horror! A book that I'm definitely buying. Love Billy, looking great!"
Another wrote: "Billy Connolly, what a legend!!"
While a third added: "I was putting the kettle on but I think I heard Lorraine #lorraine say she's got Billy Connolly on."
The Big Yin told Lorraine there are "good days and bad days" now, adding: "The good days outnumber the bad days.
"So I've got nothing to complain about. Someone once told me if you're not feeling well think of the kids in the cancer ward."
Within the pages of his new book Billy reveals how a nude bungee jump in New Zealand and stripping off in the Arctic Circle rank among his top life experiences.
He penned: "I like being naked in public.
"I discovered this made me happy when I was only four years old. It wasn't so much the willy pointing, more a lovely sense of naked freedom."
The Glasgow-born comic added: "As an adult I have danced naked all over the world.
"Over a hundred million viewers have seen my willy. Not many people can say that.
"I have a close relationship with my willy, but I still never minded sharing it with strangers."
The Scottish icon recently admitted he would be "cancelled" if he was starting out as a comic now because of woke culture.
He said he feared his material would be too edgy and hit out at TV bosses for bowing to political correctness.
Asked if he would face a backlash over his classic routines in today's climate, he said: "Absolutely. You can't decide to be fearless, you're either fearless or you're not and you go about it. Because of political correctness people have pulled in the horns.
"I couldn't have started today with the talent I had then. There's a show in America with all black comedians, men and women.
"They are totally ruthless and without political correctness.
"They have me on the floor howling with laughter. It's just the cheek of them and the bravery of it." But he added: "There was a comedian who had a television series and the suits were going to take it off at the first commercial break.
"They have no bravery. We need people who give people time and a chance to develop and all of that stuff."
Connolly shot to fame in the 1970s but upset religious groups with routines like the Last Supper and Crucifixion, where Jesus begins his last days with a booze-up in a pub in the city's Gallowgate.
Connolly retired from stand-up in 2018 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's, but is filming new TV series Billy Connolly Does... for the Gold channel.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
- Feehery: The honest contrarian | TheHill - The Hill - November 23rd, 2021
- First thoughts on the new President's Management Agenda - FCW.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Austin Preshko: Enforcing mandate with informants will encourage false reports against those who engage in 'wrong think' - Must Read Alaska - November 23rd, 2021
- Is the legacy of Monty Python being destroyed? - Far Out Magazine - November 23rd, 2021
- More Deferential but Also More Political: How Americans' Views of the Military Have Changed Over 20 Years - War on the Rocks - November 23rd, 2021
- Its American History: Its time to face the truth about what critical race theory actually means to the right - East Bay Express - November 23rd, 2021
- Thanksgiving is a holiday dedicated to gratitude and tolerance so the woke have their knives out for it - New York Post - November 23rd, 2021
- The Roustabouts Go for the Gut (Laugh) in 'For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls' - Times of San Diego - November 23rd, 2021
- 10 of the best new release Netflix series available coming in November - The Scotsman - November 23rd, 2021
- Book Spoilers, Sex Jokes and Other Letters to the Editor - The New York Times - November 19th, 2021
- Opinion | The Woke Student Is Just a Scapegoat - The New York Times - November 19th, 2021
- We need to get real about Islamist terrorism - Spiked - November 19th, 2021
- The thought police have arrived with 'trigger warning' alarm that goes off at every offensive remark - Telegraph.co.uk - November 19th, 2021
- 'The Sex Lives of College Girls' on HBO Max is a hilarious, sexy treat from Mindy Kaling - Mashable - November 19th, 2021
- An Archconservative Magazine Discovers Afrofuturism at the Met and Is Not Pleased - Hyperallergic - November 19th, 2021
- The Every by Dave Eggers review big tech is watching you - The Guardian - November 19th, 2021
- 10 of the best Netflix new release series available this November - The Scotsman - November 19th, 2021
- Chinese dissident warns Americans: Youre already in the authoritarian state...you just dont know it - Fox News - November 15th, 2021
- 'Legacy American' is the latest catchphrase in the racist lexicon | TheHill - The Hill - November 15th, 2021
- Too sensitive or too ignorant? The rise of political correctness in the US - Mesa Press - November 15th, 2021
- On Kashmir, Literature, and the Shroud of Political Correctness - The Quint - November 15th, 2021
- Despite laundry list of injuries, the Bucs should beat Washington 35-13 on Sunday - Creative Loafing Tampa - November 15th, 2021
- How will Eastern election results affect Utah? |Opinion - Deseret News - November 15th, 2021
- Andrew Sullivan on American political discourse and rescuing conservatism in 2021 - 60 Minutes - CBS News - November 15th, 2021
- AOC's 'Woke' Whine Is Why the Dems Can't Stop Losing - The Daily Beast - November 15th, 2021
- A Look At The Diversity Of Political Ideology In The United States : The NPR Politics Podcast - NPR - November 15th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor Many readers will miss Mallard Fillmore - The Dallas Morning News - November 15th, 2021
- GUEST VIEW: Dictatorial coaching should be in the past - Lockport Union-Sun & Journal - November 15th, 2021
- Making the effort to do what is right - The Jackson Sun - November 15th, 2021
- Cape Cod theater reviews: Romance, revelations and a different view of Thanksgiving - Cape Cod Times - November 15th, 2021
- Betsy DeVos to publish Hostages to the Cause, a book on misguided failures of US education system - Yahoo News - November 15th, 2021
- How on earth has Family Guy survived for 20 seasons in the supposed era of political correctness? - The Independent - November 3rd, 2021
- How on earth has Family Guy survived in the era of political correctness? - News Nation USA - November 3rd, 2021
- The Board of Ed Elephant in the Room and Other Passaic Elections Nuggets - InsiderNJ - November 3rd, 2021
- Deadlock at the pump | Opinion | wvnews.com - WV News - November 3rd, 2021
- Shared Loves and Strong Loyalties | R. R. Reno - First Things - November 3rd, 2021
- Larry Summers slams Democrats for failing to tax the wealthy - Salon - November 3rd, 2021
- How the Word 'Woke' Was Co-Opted And Weaponized - WDET - November 3rd, 2021
- The Head-Turning Gesture Donald And Melania Trump Made At The World Series - The List - November 3rd, 2021
- Lowell High, Alison Collins and the Sunset's rage against diversity - San Francisco Chronicle - November 3rd, 2021
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Respectful conversation easy to watch - Odessa American - October 24th, 2021
- Costumes, masks and things that go bump in the night - Cape Cod Times - October 24th, 2021
- Letter: McClaughry: Editor of The Tone Deaf Times - Brattleboro Reformer - October 24th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 22 - Marco News - October 24th, 2021
- Virginias Election Is Breaking the Rules - New York Magazine - October 19th, 2021
- Letters to the editor - Boston Herald - October 19th, 2021
- Ballot proposal would replace he with they in Grand Have n city charter - WOODTV.com - October 19th, 2021
- Dave Chappelle refuses to be cancelled | TheHill - The Hill - October 19th, 2021
- Keep Appreciation for Hispanic Heritage Alive With These Great Books - L.A. Weekly - October 19th, 2021
- History of the World Part 1 is Getting a Sequel - Book and Film Globe - October 19th, 2021
- AstonRep Theatre Presents GOD OF CARNAGE At The Edge Theater - Broadway World - October 19th, 2021
- Max Gillies talks satire, The Gillies Report and the future of political comedy - ABC News - October 19th, 2021
- 'The Office' Star John Krasinski Once Shared His Favorite Episode of All Time - And It's Pretty Controversial - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 19th, 2021
- Falling all the time Billy Connolly had to move out of New York as Parkinsons worsened - Express - October 19th, 2021
- Political correctness - POLITICO - October 15th, 2021
- Billy Connolly raged at politically correct mob who screwed it for everybody - Daily Express - October 15th, 2021
- PC Halloween: Here are the costumes parents agree no kid should wear while trick-or-treating - Study Finds - October 15th, 2021
- Science is the latest victim of cancel culture - Brunswick News - October 15th, 2021
- Sir Billy Connolly: I'd be cancelled by the woke brigade if I started out in comedy today - The Telegraph - October 15th, 2021
- Krull: Gruden is like other blowhards, lacking in common decency and courtesy - The Herald-Times - October 15th, 2021
- Peter Thiel bets on the far right: Tech tycoon spending millions to bankroll "Trump wing" of GOP - Salon - October 15th, 2021
- Letter to the Editor: Keep Seattle politics out of rural King County - Woodinville Northwest News - October 15th, 2021
- Back in the Day: This is my 500th Back in the Day column! - Fairfield Daily Republic - October 15th, 2021
- 'Forget the Alamo' Book Trashes Texas' Beloved Origin Myth - The Daily Beast - October 15th, 2021
- 'Cosplay Christianity': The sin is in the denial of the life God calls us to - Religion News Service - October 15th, 2021
- Diversification is the key to success - AV Magazine - October 15th, 2021
- Raila, Ruto must end political intolerance ahead of elections - The Standard - October 15th, 2021
- The Many Feints of The Sopranos - The American Prospect - October 15th, 2021
- Digimon Tamers Stage Play Accused Of Promoting Far Right ... - October 5th, 2021
- British Airways Accused of Political Correctness as it Abolishes Ladies and Gentleman From Onboard Announcements - Paddle Your Own Kanoo - October 5th, 2021
- America needs to get back to honesty, thinking about the group - EH Extra - October 5th, 2021
- Putin has hit us but will lose, says interior minister - The First News - October 5th, 2021
- Alejandro Zaera-Polo has been removed from his faculty position as Princeton continues its row with the former SoA dean - Archinect - October 5th, 2021
- Six Broadway Review: The Real Housewives of Henry VIII Put on a Show - Yahoo Entertainment - October 5th, 2021
- Jon Stewarts Back. Heres Why We Should Care. - POLITICO - October 5th, 2021
- The comedy in Olney's 'Thanksgiving Play' comes with a side of snark - DC Metro Theater Arts - October 5th, 2021
- Scottish theatre company apologises after backlash over 'cancel culture' and political correctness play - The Scotsman - September 29th, 2021
- 11 Examples Of Political Correctness Gone Mad - September 29th, 2021
- COMMENTARY: Woking the Boomer Cache Valley Daily - Cache Valley Daily - September 29th, 2021
- One of the crowd: Jimmy Kimmel's evolution from 'The Man Show' to another liberal late-night voice - Fox News - September 29th, 2021