FIRST ON FOX: Former Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is publishing a book next summer tackling the "misguided failures" of the U.S. education system, from the COVID-19 lockdowns of 2020 to the critical race theory fight of today, her publisher announced Wednesday.
Center Street, an imprint of Hachette Book Group, will publish DeVos book, titled "Hostages to the Cause: The Fight for Education and the Future of the American Child" on June 21, 2022.
BETSY DEVOS: YOUNGKIN WIN WILL FURTHER FUEL THE 'PARENTS GROUNDSWELL' FOR EDUCATION FREEDOM
U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos listens during a visit to Florida Virtual School in Orlando, Florida, on Monday, Oct. 26, 2020. (Stephen M. Dowell/Orlando Sentinel/Tribune News Service via Getty Images)
The book chronicles DeVos fight for "groundbreaking reforms to American education after being relentlessly vilified by the teachers unions, media and Democrats," Center Street said in a press release exclusively shared with Fox News.
"She recounts her decades-long battles to put students first, hits back at woke curricula and policies in our schools and describes why the fight for the future of the American child is so vital and important to the future of the country," the release stated.
The publisher said DeVos, who served as education secretary under former President Trump from 2017 to 2021, also "candidly shares" in the book her experiences working within the Trump administration.
Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos arrives to pay her respects as Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lies in repose in front of the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 24, 2020. (Photo by ANDREW CABALLERO-REYNOLDS / AFP)
"The frontline venue in the fight for the future of this country is Americas schools," DeVos said in a statement. "The leftists have taken over in spectacularly awful fashion and our students are paying the price. From school lockdowns and learning loss to CRT and the 1619 Project, every family got a front row seat to the misguided failures of our education system during the past 18 months."
BETSY DEVOS: YOUNGKIN WIN WILL FURTHER FUEL THE 'PARENT GROUNDSWELL' FOR EDUCATION FREEDOM
"It doesnt have to be this way," she continued. "If we empower students and families to find the best educational fit for them, their lives will improve, as will the trajectory of our great nation. Im excited to share my experiences and ideas on how we get that done."
DeVos, who had been involved in the school choice movement for decades before becoming education secretary, recently told Fox News that the nationwide movement against critical race theory (CRT) has skyrocketed in recent months.
Parents and community members attend a Loudoun County School Board meeting, just 40 minutes from Fairfax, Virginia. REUTERS/Evelyn Hockstein
"Ive been involved in the parental empowerment, school choice movement for 35 years," she noted. "This last year and a half, the momentum has built in ways that nobody could have predicted pre-pandemic."
The book is expected to dive into the CRT battle and deliver "blunt insights" about the "crisis" in American education due to political correctness.
"Betsy DeVos has been a leading conservative in the battle over the future of education for decades long before her tenure as Secretary of Education. This is not just another book about the last administration," Center Street Editorial Director Alex Pappas said in a statement. "Betsy has written a powerful, forward-looking book that offers solutions to the most pressing issues in Americas schools. Center Street is proud to publish this important and timely book."
Fox News' Tyler O'Neil contributed to this report.
Go here to read the rest:
- The growing attacks on cops and other commentary - New York Post - May 11th, 2022
- 30 Helens Agree Amazons Kids in the Hall Revival Is Hilarious: Review - Consequence - May 11th, 2022
- Parents are 'sleeping giants' who will fix American education - Fox News - May 11th, 2022
- Abortions and the pendulum - Kathimerini English Edition - May 11th, 2022
- Labour may think its moving on, but working-class voters arent following - The Guardian - May 11th, 2022
- Grace Hyland says she 'hates' being politicised as the transgender community is 'the antithesis of a political issue' - 9Honey - May 11th, 2022
- The Cathedral Vs. The Orthodox Church - The American Conservative - May 11th, 2022
- Chadar At Ajmer Sharif And Praises On Prithviraj Chauhan Cannot Go Hand-In-Hand; Chishti Blessed Ghori To Defeat Prithviraj, As Per His Biography -... - May 11th, 2022
- The Name "Indian" and Political Correctness | HuffPost ... - May 3rd, 2022
- PCU (film) - Wikipedia - May 3rd, 2022
- Reading between the lines of "1984" in 2022 | Opinion | morgancountycitizen.com - Morgan County Citizen - May 3rd, 2022
- Why 2022 is the worst year for anniversaries - TheArticle - May 3rd, 2022
- ITV DI Ray fans left divided about show but all in agreement on one thing - Birmingham Live - May 3rd, 2022
- Republicans making critical gains among Hispanic and non-White voters ahead of 2022 election - Washington Times - May 3rd, 2022
- Bell: Kenney government wants hands off old John A. - Calgary Sun - May 3rd, 2022
- Parapsychologists, sects and secret services: Remembering the most tense chess game in history - EL PAS in English - May 3rd, 2022
- Austin Powers: 10 things you didn't know about the landmark '90s comedy - Tilt Magazine - May 3rd, 2022
- Kerr: GOP's 'stokeism' is replacing substance with the surreal - Seacoastonline.com - May 3rd, 2022
- POTUS Broadway Review: The President Cant Be Held Responsible for This Mess - Yahoo Entertainment - May 3rd, 2022
- Letter To The Editor: A Response to the OpEd 3/21 The Reed College Quest - The Reed College Quest - April 15th, 2022
- Bill Maher's #Adulting and Comedians' Obsession With Haters - TIME - April 15th, 2022
- Replacing Human Rights Act will weaken protections, say peers and MPs - The Guardian - April 15th, 2022
- Elon Musk, Twitter, and the Politics of Disruption - The Bulwark - April 15th, 2022
- Slave Coin Or Freedom Coin: Which Way Western Man? - Bitcoin Magazine - April 15th, 2022
- Another Trump hate rally: The threats get worse, and polite America turns away - Salon - April 15th, 2022
- Comedy Is More Dangerous Because Of Will Smith: DL Hughley Weighs In On The Consequences Of The Slap (Video) - Radio Facts - April 15th, 2022
- Oingo Boingo little Girls Song Controversy, Meaning Of Little Girls And Still The Creepiest Music Video Of All Time? - The Current - April 15th, 2022
- Seth McFarlane's 'Ted' Series Announces Its Main Cast - We Got This Covered - April 15th, 2022
- The abortion culture and atrocity in Ukraine - The Christian Post - April 15th, 2022
- No, Russian artists have not been cancelled - The Indian Express - April 15th, 2022
- S N Balagangadhara Interview Part IV: There Is Intellectual Poverty In Islamised Regions; India May Be Headed The Same Way If It Does Not Watch Out. -... - April 15th, 2022
- The Problem with Political Correctness Life Lessons - April 9th, 2022
- Has political correctness gone too far? | The Economist - April 9th, 2022
- 'Politically Correct': The Phrase Has Gone From Wisdom To ... - April 9th, 2022
- Political Correctness Run Amok - The Post & Email - April 9th, 2022
- Is Real Time with Bill Maher new tonight, April 8? - Last Night On - April 9th, 2022
- The futility of framing one another as progressives and evangelicals, devils and dummies - Baptist News Global - April 9th, 2022
- "The Real World of College: What Higher Education Is and What It Can Be" - Public Radio Tulsa - April 9th, 2022
- Oreos Gone Woke: Is Nothing Off Limits to LGBT Left? - Daily Signal - April 9th, 2022
- Political Correctness - Munk Debates - April 6th, 2022
- Today's letters: Readers comment on the one-party system and school lunches - Daily Commercial - April 6th, 2022
- The Oral History of PCU, the Culture Wars Cult Classic - VICE - April 6th, 2022
- So-Called Cancel Culture Is a Vacant Concept, So It Can Be Turned Back Against the Culture Warriors - Justia Verdict - April 6th, 2022
- Ideology and Disunion - The American Conservative - April 6th, 2022
- Hungarian media freedom is alive and well - Washington Examiner - April 6th, 2022
- PR News | Earth to Jeff: There's Trouble Brewing - Wed., Apr. 6, 2022 - O'Dwyer's PR News - April 6th, 2022
- Why does Twitter think Russian lies are OK but Trump isn't? - The Spectator - April 6th, 2022
- The Saints goal that counted... for the opposition! The odd tale of Brian Walsh - St Kilda FC - April 6th, 2022
- Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, running for a third term, expects education issues to motivate voters in the fall - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - April 6th, 2022
- Did Guy Gibson and his mates go to war in vain? asks ANN WIDDECOMBE - Express - April 6th, 2022
- In a word: Marx Brothers: Absurd, wacky and still relevant - Lewiston Sun Journal - April 6th, 2022
- Disney succumbs to whims of the woke left - Fort Bend Herald - April 6th, 2022
- Kevin Smith Remembers His Best Movie On Its 25th Anniversary - Giant Freakin Robot - April 6th, 2022
- Empire of Asylumdom - The American Conservative - April 6th, 2022
- The War In Ukraine Or 'The Special Military Operation In Ukraine'? Analysis - Eurasia Review - April 6th, 2022
- Putin, the haters White Knight - The Jewish Standard - April 6th, 2022
- How did we get to where political correctness and woke-ness rule in our society? - Paris Post Intelligencer - March 31st, 2022
- Will Smith's Slap Is Political Correctness Taken to Its Logical Conclusion | Opinion - Newsweek - March 31st, 2022
- Letter to the editor | Free to express thoughts | Readers Forum | tribdem.com - TribDem.com - March 31st, 2022
- There is no free-speech right to a university platform - Times Higher Education - March 31st, 2022
- Chris Freind: Open letter to Will Smith: Your worst performance ever - The Delaware County Daily Times - March 31st, 2022
- How The Kashmir Files has caught our bleeding-heart liberals off guard and their lies exposed - Firstpost - March 31st, 2022
- There Will Be No Power Instinct Re-Release on Its 30th Anniversary - Siliconera - March 31st, 2022
- No, America Does Not Have a Free Speech ProblemAt Least, Not the One The New York Timess Editors Imagine - Justia Verdict - March 31st, 2022
- The politics of nothing and the enabling church - Baptist News Global - March 31st, 2022
- If the BBC is cancelling anyone, it's cancelling the Left - The Canary - March 31st, 2022
- Today's letters: Readers comment on the term 'progressives' and the Democratic plan - Daily Commercial - March 31st, 2022
- I refuse to take my kids to the playground after parents were made to sign DISCLAIMERS in case they get... - The Sun - March 31st, 2022
- Ukraine devastation puts 'Partygate' in perspective | Alex Brummer | The Blogs - The Times of Israel - March 31st, 2022
- The culture of nastiness: insults have replaced arguments in political debate - Stuff - March 31st, 2022
- 'Politically incorrect' | Fred Clark - Patheos - March 21st, 2022
- The EU's Shameful Treatment of Poland and Hungary | Opinion - Newsweek - March 21st, 2022
- 'This is the game: you're an employee' - Maverick Viales and political correctness - Motorcycle Sports - March 21st, 2022
- Woke Pat Forde Remains Silent On Lia Thomas Winning A National Title Over His Daughter & Her Olympic Friends - OutKick - March 21st, 2022
- The Indians Are Coming! The Indians Are Coming! - Watson - GoLocalProv - March 21st, 2022
- Why did Jeff Garlin leave The Goldbergs? - GEEKSPIN - March 21st, 2022
- Putin does his best Stalin in threat to 'cleanse' Russia - Fox News - March 21st, 2022
- Florida's racist and anti-LGBTQ bills are already having a chilling effect - The Real News Network - March 21st, 2022
- Suspect in Grisly Mosque Murder Was Obsessed With 'Race War' Group - The Daily Beast - March 21st, 2022
- Theres More Than Just Whats on the Page in Licorice Pizza - The Ringer - March 21st, 2022