The online gambling sector bludgeoned rapidly, and it continues to post growing revenues. Predictions indicate that the industry will have a market cap of over $100 million by 2023. One reason online gaming has enjoyed growing popularity is that it is quick to adopt new technologies. Gambling operators are always eager to make players as comfortable as possible. Cryptocurrencies are the latest offerings at online casinos. Digital currencies hit the mainstream over the past several years, enabling consumers to leverage their unique features. Although adaption has been measured, the number of crypto casinos is rising exponentially.
Virtual currencies are suitable for online gambling because they offer a level of anonymity, which some players crave. They also guarantee safe and low-cost payments. The persistent growth of cryptocurrency gaming has drawn the attention of governments and regulatory bodies in different regions. Although digital coins are considered safer than fiat currency, users remain at risk. So, regulatory authorities began developing standards to protect gamblers on cryptocurrency gaming websites. The industry currently focuses on implementing Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures for gambling sites and crypto exchanges to boost safety.
As the online gambling industry expands, so do the risk factors it faces. Cybercriminals come up with new, sophisticated methods of exploiting the vulnerabilities in online casinos. Gambling operators move large sums of money, and digital currencies have only increased transactions. Therefore, these platforms are prime targets for different types of illegal activities, including money laundering, identity theft and international financial crime. The rising prominence of cryptocurrency worsened the situation. Since some coins provide highly private transactions, bad actors use them for illicit practices, like trading on the black market. They then turn to online casinos to launder the ill-gotten gains. So, even legitimate operators find themselves in trouble when these activities come to light.
Another cause for concern is the security at coin exchanges. Some of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges have been victims of cyberattacks, leaving them with losses worth millions of dollars. The Increasing use of Bitcoin and other coins for gaming means that exchanges are gaining new customers, making them even bigger targets. The rampant cases of data breaches have made currency holders warier than usual. If players are to bet on best Bitcoin gambling sites, they want assurances that their funds and information is safe. KYC and AML compliance seeks to provide that.
For players to understand how these policies protect them, they should have an idea of what they entail. Know Your Customer protocols are designed to prevent gambling operators from onboarding fraudsters who can compromise the entire platform. KYC procedures are fundamental to AML compliance. The point of these processes is to verify account users during signup. KYC standards have become mandatory at online casinos because they reduce the risk of fraudulent accounts. Banks and financial institutions have been proving customer identities for years, and other industries like online gambling and cryptocurrency are catching up. The KYC process is not only necessary at casinos but coin exchanges as well.
A compliant operator must establish procedures to prove customers are who they say they are. Typically, a casino or crypto exchange asks for proof of identity. So, players have to submit documents, such as bills with a valid physical address. KYC policies also require age verification to ensure that customers are of legal age. Gambling operators can check a users history, as well, to see if they appear on sanction lists. KYC tools enable online casinos to track customers on self-exclusion lists or with multiple accounts. Recently, regulatory bodies obligate casinos to verify identities during withdrawals. Gamblers cashing out funds above a certain amount have to submit various documents. Weeding out inappropriate users doesnt only protect the establishment but other players as well. By verifying identities, casinos and crypto exchanges can monitor the flow of illicit funds.
Online casinos and cryptocurrency exchanges must find ways to comply with ID verification requirements without compromising service quality. A KYC-compliant business doesnt only avoid penalties but also gains a competitive advantage. Gamblers tend to trust operators that abide by regulations. The same applies to coin exchanges. The more confident users are, the more they spend.
Despite comprehensive KYC requirements, both industries are finding ways to make the onboarding process as painless as possible for customers. For example, signing up at an online casino can take minutes, provided the customer satisfies all the terms. Thanks to advanced digital tools, operators can take in new players without spending too much time on the registration process.
Credibility is a precious commodity in the online gambling sector. A casinos reputation can make or break it. KYC compliance is one way a gambling website can build a solid reputation. It shows a business values its customers, and that goes a long way in attracting and retaining users.
KYC and AML protocols vary across regions. Some countries have stricter laws than others, which affects how gambling websites operate. If a casino or crypto exchange serves international clients, then it has to factor in the KYC and AML regulations of the users nation.
Failure to meet KYC and AML requirements can incur penalties. In 2018, for example, gambling operators had to pay 19.6 million in fines for failing to institute the necessary AML policies. In some countries, crypto exchanges cannot operate without a license, which means they have to comply with local KYC procedures.
Security is a critical issue in online gambling, and the proliferation of cryptocurrencies has made it even more so. Both industries face numerous safety threats that necessitate the implementation of stringent standards. KYC and AML policies are some ways that regulatory authorities ensure gamblers can play with crypto safely. Online casinos and coin exchanges have to adhere to certain regulations to operate legally.
Like BTCMANAGER? Send us a tip!
Our Bitcoin Address: 3AbQrAyRsdM5NX5BQh8qWYePEpGjCYLCy4
The rest is here:
- Where is it legal to Gamble in the US? - Alpha News Call - January 21st, 2022
- The UK experience of self-exclusion and the growing popularity of online casinos in Nigeria - Guardian Nigeria - January 21st, 2022
- FansUnite and ROTH Capital Partners to Host Fireside Chat on Thursday, January 27th to Discuss U.S. Gaming Landscape - Yahoo Finance - January 21st, 2022
- Online Gaming and the Struggles of the State Governments - NewsClick - January 21st, 2022
- Spotlight: With online gambling gaining popularity in Canada, BET99 looks to satisfy that growing demand - OrilliaMatters - January 19th, 2022
- The Legality of Online Gambling in the EU - Euro Weekly News - January 19th, 2022
- BetMGM raises 2022 revenue outlook as U.S. sports-betting takes off - Reuters - January 19th, 2022
- Global Online Gambling Market Top providers, sizes, shares and trend technologies in the industry. Discovery Sports Media - Discovery Sports Media - January 19th, 2022
- Gambling killed my husband. We must stop this predatory industry claiming more lives - The Guardian - January 19th, 2022
- Ford government could lose $2.8B over 5 years in online gambling bet, confidential report warns - CBC.ca - January 17th, 2022
- Spotlight: With online gambling gaining popularity in Canada, BET99 looks to satisfy that growing demand - BradfordToday - January 17th, 2022
- Online Gambling in Finland - PlayStation Universe - January 17th, 2022
- Could Iowa Be On The Radar For Online Casino Legislation This Year? - OnlinePokerReport.com - January 17th, 2022
- Why Investors Will Have to Be Patient With DraftKings Stock - InvestorPlace - January 17th, 2022
- All 4 New York Sports Betting Promos for the NFL Sunday Playoffs - The Action Network - January 17th, 2022
- The 11 Best Gambling Sites: Best Real Money Casinos Online in the USA for 2022 - Detroit Metro Times - January 9th, 2022
- Casinos and Gaming in the USA: The Success of Mainstream and Online Casino Games - Easy Reader - January 7th, 2022
- What's Coming in 2022 For Pennsylvania Casinos and Sports Betting - Play Pennsylvania - January 7th, 2022
- 'Rise in online gambling is putting more at risk' | MHT - Mental Health Today - January 7th, 2022
- Mississippi Makes the Fourth Attempt to Legalize Online Sports Betting - GamblingNews.com - January 7th, 2022
- Bragg's ORYX Gaming Content Launches with 888 in the UK - Business Wire - January 7th, 2022
- Global VR Gambling Market (2021 to 2025) - Featuring 888 Holdings, DraftKings and SlotsMillion Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - January 7th, 2022
- Which Sports-Betting Apps Have Been Approved in New York? See the Full List - Sports Betting Dime - January 3rd, 2022
- The Transfer Window is Open: Three Spectacular Moves That Can Take Place in... - OnlineGambling.com - January 3rd, 2022
- Betting odds: Who will be holding a UFC title at the end of 2022? - Bloody Elbow - January 3rd, 2022
- Longtime Senator Harry Reid, Key Voice in Gaming Legislation and Expansion, Dies at... - OnlineGambling.com - January 3rd, 2022
- The 10 Best Bingo Sites UK - Where to Play Bingo Games Online - We Heart - January 3rd, 2022
- Online Poker Report - Legal US Online Poker News & Analysis - December 23rd, 2021
- Online Gambling Is Surging, a Boon for Friendly States - GovTech - December 23rd, 2021
- Tricky Situation With NY Politics And Online Gambling - STL.News - December 23rd, 2021
- Europes gambling revenues projected to increase by 7.5% in 2021 - Gambling Insider - December 23rd, 2021
- The Influence of Gambling Movies on Gambling Culture - Contactmusic.com - December 23rd, 2021
- Holland Casino Warned by KSA for Violation of Advertising Ban - GamblingNews.com - December 23rd, 2021
- Delink the good, bad and ugly of online gaming for apt regulation - Mint - December 23rd, 2021
- Gambling firm that coaxed older people to bet thousands will escape sanctions - The Guardian - December 23rd, 2021
- Trends Transforming The Online Casino Industry In 2022 - PlayStation Universe - December 19th, 2021
- Winners and Spartan Casino to implement blockchain-based ecosystem in online gambling - Gambling Insider - December 19th, 2021
- When Will New Yorkers Be Able to Legally Bet on Sports Online? - The Action Network - December 17th, 2021
- How a Tiny Island in Europe Sold Its Soul to Online Gaming - VICE - December 17th, 2021
- Online Casinos and How They Are Thriving in Nigeria | Business Post Nigeria - Business Post Nigeria - December 17th, 2021
- HOW COVID-19 IMPACTED THE ONLINE GAMBLING INDUSTRY - Persia Digest - December 17th, 2021
- Match Betting Vs Online Casino Games: What To Choose If You Want to Win - Scified - December 17th, 2021
- Evolution enters Argentina's regulated Buenos Aires Province online gaming market as the first Live Casino provider - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2021
- Numbers at Atlantic City Casinos Show Cash Rolling in, Tax Breaks Could be on the Way Out - Newsweek - December 17th, 2021
- How Has the Online Casino Industry Evolved in Canada? - Vizaca.com - December 17th, 2021
- Online Gaming, Gambling, and Lootboxes are Popular, and That's Not a Problem - Niche Gamer - December 17th, 2021
- Gifts like lottery tickets and online gaming could have unexpected consequences for children: Amanda Blackfor - cleveland.com - December 15th, 2021
- How Did the Online Casino Industry Do in 2021 - FTNnews.com - December 15th, 2021
- Best Sportsbooks In North Carolina: 7 Best Online Betting Sites And Apps In 2022 - KHTS Radio - December 15th, 2021
- IndiaTech wants national guidelines for the regulation of online gaming - MediaNama.com - December 15th, 2021
- Gaming Technologies, Inc.'s Announces Partnership with FBMDS to Drive Further Growth in the LATAM Region - StreetInsider.com - December 15th, 2021
- EVERI LAUNCHES HIGH-PERFORMING ONLINE GAMING CONTENT WITH ATLANTIC LOTTERY CORPORATION - PRNewswire - December 15th, 2021
- The Growth of Online Betting in London Through the Years - London Post - December 15th, 2021
- The Game Day Expands Into iGaming Sector With The Game Day Casino - Business Wire - December 15th, 2021
- New To Online Gambling? Follow This Guide Hometown Station | KHTS FM 98.1 & AM 1220 Santa Clarita Radio - Santa Clarita News - KHTS Radio - December 7th, 2021
- Online gaming ban: Fantasy sports body petitions Karnataka HC holding ban doesnt apply to them - The Hindu BusinessLine - December 7th, 2021
- Top 7 Reasons Why Online Casino Industry Is Up And Booming - Inventiva - December 7th, 2021
- MGCB Residents may risk identity theft and loss of deposits through unregulated gaming sites - WKZO - December 7th, 2021
- Where to find the best new online casinos in Canada - Times of Malta - December 7th, 2021
- Kindred Supports the LGBTQ+ By Backing Racing Is Everyones Sport - GamblingNews.com - December 7th, 2021
- Gambling addiction: 'It is everywhere you look, and it is big business' - The Irish Times - December 5th, 2021
- The future of ID verification for online casinos - Yogonet International - December 5th, 2021
- The Game Day Secures $4.5M in Series A Funding Round, Backed by Leading Sports Media and Online Gambling Investors - Business Wire - December 5th, 2021
- Cambodian and Thai police rescue teens lured to gambling dens - Khmer Times - November 28th, 2021
- Technologies are Changing the Online Gambling Industry - thetowerpost.com - November 25th, 2021
- William Hill to Shutter Three Online Casino Brands in 2022 - VegasSlotsOnline - November 25th, 2021
- What makes Malta so attractive to online gambling companies? - Times of Malta - November 25th, 2021
- Gambling Platforms as a Place To Train For Real Sport Competitions - The Game Haus - November 25th, 2021
- Cosa Nostra's Malta bypass to the lucrative world of online gambling - MaltaToday - November 25th, 2021
- 3 Things You Can Do To Have Better Chances Of Winning At An Online Casino - TheSpread.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Two Detroit Casinos Will Mandate Masks, Regardless of Vaccination Status - GamblingNews.com - November 23rd, 2021
- An update on the use of credit cards to gamble online in Australia - Lexology - November 19th, 2021
- DraftKings Reveals All New Rewards Program for Online Casinos and Sportbooks Across the US - Pokerfuse - November 19th, 2021
- Cambodian Online Gambling Rogue Operation Frees 60 Trafficked Thai... - Casino.Org News - November 19th, 2021
- Trading is the new online gambling - marketscreener.com - November 19th, 2021
- Why the rise in social and sweepstake casinos? - TheWestNews - November 19th, 2021
- Emerging Tech in the Gambling Industry - Tech Guide - November 19th, 2021
- A closer look at the technology behind Canadian casino sites Retail Technology Innovation Hub - Retail Technology Innovation Hub - November 19th, 2021
- For the Fun of It: How Gambling is Mostly an Entertainment Form - Alpha News Call - November 19th, 2021
- Legal US Online Gambling - A State-By-State Guide in the US - November 17th, 2021