Posey: this abuse of power must stop
ABOVE VIDEO: Tucker Carlson discusses latest developments with journalist Glenn Greenwald on Tucker Carlson Tonight
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA Rep. Bill Posey (FL-08) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX-01) led a letter to NSA Director Paul Nakasone demanding information on reports that the Agency illegally spied on Fox News host Tucker Carlson and planned to leak his personal emails to media outlets.
The letter requests that the NSA provide all documents the Agency may have involving Tucker Carlson as well as the following information:
A detailed description of the limited exceptions that would permit the NSA to target a US citizen without a court order, as the Agency understands the term as it is used in its own tweet;
A detailed description of what constitutes an emergency that would permit the NSA to target a US citizen without a court order, as the Agency understands the term as used in its own tweet;
A detailed description of the foreign activities that could harm the United States, as the Agency understands the phrase as used in its own tweet;
A full explanation of when the Agency understands it is lawful to monitor, surveil, collect, unmask, or receive data on a US citizen without a court order explicitly authorizing such targeting, including while conducted in the course of targeting foreign powers;
A detailed description of how the Agency defines domestic terrorist and when its mission could extend to targeting foreign powers who are corresponding with individuals defined as such;
A detailed description of your understanding of the term clandestine intelligence activities; and
What specific actions have been taken to hold accountable those who unmasked, approved unmasking, or shared information on unmasked U.S. citizens?
The letter is co-signed by 15 other Members: Andy Biggs (AZ-05), Rep. Lauren Boebert (CO-03), Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14), Rep. Matt Gaetz (FL-01), Rep. Jeff Duncan (SC-03), Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21), Rep. Andy Harris, M.D. (MD-01), Rep. Greg Steube (FL-17), Rep. Tom McClintock (CA-04), Rep. Randy K. Weber (TX-14), Rep. Diana Harshbarger (TN-01), Rep. Mo Brooks (AL-05), Rep. Bob Good (VA-05), Rep. Mary E. Miller (IL-15), Rep. Jody Hice (GA-10)
Spying, unmasking, and leaking the private communications of American citizens weaponizes our intelligence agencies, and this abuse of power must stop. Protecting national security is not only about deterring enemy threats, but it also involves safeguarding our liberties, said Rep. Bill Posey.
After the disturbing treatment of Donald Trump by the Deep State, it should come as no surprise that intelligence agencies are continuing their illegal surveillance of Americans who dare to challenge power-hungry elites in Washington, D.C. Reports about the NSA spying on Tucker Carlson are reminiscent of something one would expect to see in a tyrannical dictatorship, not the United States of America where citizens supposedly still have Constitutional rights. The Agencys attempt to explain itself thus far has only raised more questions that Mr. Carlson and every citizen of this country deserve to have answered. Rep. Louie Gohmert.
Text of the letter can be found HERE.
ABOVE VIDEO: Fox News host Tucker Carlson says he feels threatened after ousting the NSA for allegedly spying on him. Carlson discusses the acts potential threat to journalists, social media censorship and his new Fox Nation show on Mornings with Maria.
General Paul M. Nakasone assumed his present duties as Commander,U.S. Cyber Commandand Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service in May 2018.
He previously commanded U.S. Army Cyber Command from October 2016 April 2018.
A native of White Bear Lake, Minnesota, GEN Nakasone is a graduate of Saint Johns University in Collegeville, Minnesota, where he received his commission through the Reserve Officers Training Corps.
GEN Nakasone has held command and staff positions across all levels of the Army with assignments in the United States, the Republic of Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
GEN Nakasone commanded the Cyber National Mission Force at U.S. Cyber Command. He has also commanded a company, battalion, and brigade, and served as the senior intelligence officer at the battalion, division and corps levels.
GEN Nakasone has served in Joint and Army assignments in the United States, the Republic of Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan. His most recent overseas posting was as the Director of Intelligence, J2, International Security Assistance Force Joint Command in Kabul, Afghanistan.
GEN Nakasone has also served on two occasions as a staff officer on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
GEN Nakasone is a graduate of the U.S. Army War College, the Command and General Staff College, and Defense Intelligence College. He holds graduate degrees from the U.S. Army War College, the National Defense Intelligence College, and the University of Southern California.
ABOVE VIDEO: Rep. Matt Gaetz Discusses Tucker Carlsons Claims NSA Spied On Him After Agencys Denial.
- India slams Pakistan for not attending NSA-level summit on ... - November 28th, 2021
- NSA Case: Reality Winner Sues Hard Probation And The Intercept - Market Research Telecast - November 28th, 2021
- In a Tribute to De Klerk, Gusau Highlights Nigeria's Role to End Apartheid Regime - THISDAY Newspapers - November 28th, 2021
- Ajit Doval was my batchmate, but his understanding of Constitution, civil society is flawed - ThePrint - November 28th, 2021
- Accountants press IRS for faster refunds and responses - Accounting Today - November 28th, 2021
- Hyundai Mobis develops automated system for parking in tight spaces - Autocar Professional - November 28th, 2021
- Gymnastics and weightlifting chiefs: Coaches' payments not coursed through our athletes - GMA News Online - November 28th, 2021
- Car parking is a bugaboo across government, and the NSA is a case in point - Federal News Network - November 23rd, 2021
- Edward Snowden Reveals He Used Bitcoin To Leak NSA Documents Nearly 10 Years Ago - Benzinga - Benzinga - November 23rd, 2021
- NSA calls for accurate and balanced information in consumer communications - Farming Life - November 23rd, 2021
- Rehabilitation of Sunyani Coronation Park will cost GH45,000 - NSA - GhanaWeb - November 23rd, 2021
- What NSA Ajit Doval Recently Said About New Forms Of Warfare - Swarajya - November 23rd, 2021
- Consensus on Kashmir issue imperative to safeguard national interest: NSA - Business Recorder - November 23rd, 2021
- ZTE Promises on 5G: Delivered and to be Delivered - Mobile World Live - November 23rd, 2021
- Jio puts the Redmi Note 11T through 5G trial, the phone will support seven 5G bands - GSMArena.com news - GSMArena.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Egypt: End Harassment of Rights Defender - The Herald - November 23rd, 2021
- Put Your Cash to Work in These 3 High-Performing REITs - Green Entrepreneur - November 23rd, 2021
- Northern School For Autism | Education - November 17th, 2021
- Why the NSA wants to protect you from your toothbrush - MSNBC - November 17th, 2021
- The cyber battlefield against China and Russia is constantly shifting. Here's how the NSA is trying to stay on top. - DefenseNews.com - November 17th, 2021
- Love the job, hate the parking - Federal News Network - November 17th, 2021
- States Begin to Issue Guidance on Implementing the No Surprises Act: Are You Ready? - JD Supra - November 17th, 2021
- Civil Society the new frontier of War A Critical Analysis of NSA Ajit Dovals observation Part 3 - The Times of India Blog - November 17th, 2021
- Sheep farmers hit the road to demonstrate sector's place in a changing world - Devon Live - November 17th, 2021
- Your tolerance for risk in critical comms will drive your security solution - Breaking Defense - November 17th, 2021
- 'India's Support To Afghans Is Clear': MEA Briefs On NSA Meeting, Responds To Pak's Absence - Oakland News Now - November 17th, 2021
- Hyundai Mobis to assist driving in a narrow street with its new automated urban driving system - The Korea Herald - November 17th, 2021
- NSA Doval, Uzbek counterpart agree that legitimacy of any government in Afghanistan is important before issue of international recognition -... - November 9th, 2021
- Ghosts, Ghouls and Goblins Haunted North Star Academy During Annual Trunk or Treat Event | YourHub - The Know - November 9th, 2021
- AI Helping to Refine Intelligence Analysis - GovernmentCIO Media & Research - November 7th, 2021
- Political instability & prospects of civil war in Afghanistan to figure high on Nov 10 NSA meet in New Del - Economic Times - November 7th, 2021
- No leniency: Pakistani NSA warns of action against TLP ... - November 5th, 2021
- Pakistan NSA says wont attend meet on Afghanistan convened by India - Hindustan Times - November 5th, 2021
- This is a total fabrication of the government ex-NSA official William Binney on Assanges case - The - The Global Herald - November 5th, 2021
- No place for armed militia in the country: Pak NSA warns TLP protesters - The Shillong Times - November 5th, 2021
- Businesses don't talk about being victims of cyberattacks. That needs to change - ZDNet - November 5th, 2021
- India invites key stakeholders including Pakistan for NSA ... - October 30th, 2021
- India, Kyrgyzstan hold first strategic dialogue, discuss ... - October 30th, 2021
- Ex-NSA hacker says a supply chain cyberattack is one of the things that keeps him up at night - CNBC - October 30th, 2021
- Warfare areas shifting from frontier to civil societies: NSA - The Tribune India - October 30th, 2021
- TLP has crossed a red line: NSA Moeed Yusuf - The Nation - October 30th, 2021
- Canalys: Honor is the third-biggest smartphone maker in China for Q3 2021 - comments - GSMArena.com - October 30th, 2021
- MP CM says NSA will be invoked against black-marketing of fertilizers - Devdiscourse - October 30th, 2021
- Gen. Nakasone: 'Partnership is Where Our Power Is' - MeriTalk - October 30th, 2021
- NSA Ajit Doval stresses need to build bio-defence to tackle 'deliberate weaponization of dangerous pathogens' - Republic World - October 30th, 2021
- Intelligence community workforce is more diverse, but still struggles with retention and promotion - Federal News Network - October 30th, 2021
- Cloud computing: The most trending companies on Twitter in Q3 2021 - Verdict - October 30th, 2021
- We are not aware of the 'No Vaccination, No Entry and E-Ticketing policy - NSA PRO - Kickgh.com - October 30th, 2021
- Long before Havana Syndrome, the U.S. reported microwaves beamed at an embassy - NPR - October 21st, 2021
- CISA, NSA, FBI say BlackMatter ransomware group is targeting the US food industry - TechCrunch - October 21st, 2021
- CISA, FBI, and NSA Release BlackMatter Ransomware Advisory to Help Organizations Reduce Risk of Attack - Hstoday - HSToday - October 21st, 2021
- Zelis helps address new NSA and TiC regulations - Healthcare Dive - October 21st, 2021
- UPDATE: NSA Bethesda on lockdown due to bomb threat, shelter in place orders lifting - phl17.com - October 21st, 2021
- Leading cybersecurity officials call for real collaboration between the public, private sectors to fend off threats of cyber threats - Office of... - October 21st, 2021
- UNG : NSA Grant Will Fund Chinese And Astronomy Education - Patch.com - October 21st, 2021
- Nellis is doing its part in greening the desert through solar energy - Tyndall Air Force Base - October 21st, 2021
- Long before Havana Syndrome, the US reported microwaves beamed at an embassy | NPR - Houston Public Media - October 21st, 2021
- Government help needed to prevent cyberattacks in ag sector - Farm Progress - October 21st, 2021
- Rail roko agitation: Section 144 imposed in Lucknow; police warn of NSA over disruption of normalcy - India TV News - October 21st, 2021
- India has to augment tracking capabilities across geographies, protection of space assets: NSA Ajit Doval - Economic Times - October 11th, 2021
- Pentagon says NSA working with big companies on cyber information sharing - ETCIO.com - October 11th, 2021
- NSA competition asks children to help in the fight against sheep worrying by dogs - Agriland.co.uk - October 11th, 2021
- Kremlin refutes US NSA Sullivan's claims of Russia using energy resources as weapon - Republic World - October 11th, 2021
- 'Pakistan Should Be Confronted With International Isolation For Supporting Jihadist Terrorists': Former US NSA - Swarajya - October 11th, 2021
- Edward Snowden: CBDC Is a Perversion of Cryptocurrency - CryptoPotato - October 11th, 2021
- NSA director expects to be facing ransomware attacks 'every single day' in five years | TheHill - The Hill - October 7th, 2021
- Greenpoint This Week: Mo's General, NSA Noodle Bar and more - greenpointers.com - October 7th, 2021
- Zelis Helps Address New NSA and TiC Regulations - HealthLeaders Media - October 7th, 2021
- NSA, CISA Release Guidance on Selecting and Hardening Remote Access VPNs - Hstoday - HSToday - October 3rd, 2021
- Winners of 2021 National Cross-Country race receive additional prizes from NSA - BusinessGhana - October 3rd, 2021
- We don't have any contract with NSA Kwame Baah Nuako - Myjoyonline - October 3rd, 2021
- Even the CIA and NSA Use Ad Blockers to Stay Safe Online - WIRED - September 27th, 2021
- Who's Worried About the State of Online Advertising? The NSA and CIA, For Starters. - InsideHook - September 27th, 2021
- Even the NSA Agrees: Targeted Ads Are Terrifying - Gizmodo - September 27th, 2021
- The NSA and the CIA use ad blocking tools to stay safe - BOB fm - September 27th, 2021
- NSA welcomes the lifting of a ban on British lamb imports by USA | News and Star - News & Star - September 27th, 2021
- Policies of Indian govt not in favor of entire region: NSA - Dunya News - September 27th, 2021
- JUMP Global Technology Advisors And IronNet Launch Strategic Initiative To Protect The Entertainment Industry From Cyber Attacks - Yahoo Finance - September 27th, 2021
- Opinion: You do have something to hide Scot Scoop News - Scot Scoop News - September 27th, 2021
- Edward Snowden releases statement against using ExpressVPN on his Twitter: Here's Why - Republic World - September 27th, 2021