The hybrid cloud concept is based on the notion of making public and private clouds co-exist, thereby allowing companies to maximize the benefits of both public and private cloud environments. In hybrid cloud computing, IT resources are deployed and managed through a combination of on-premise and third-party cloud computing services.
Notably, hybrid cloud has been one of the most-talked about concept within the cloud computing space. According to an insight from GlobalData, during the third quarter of 2019, hybrid cloud garnered the highest percentage of Twitter mentions in discussions among cloud computing experts. Notably, this was closely followed by multi cloud.
According to IDC, the key features of hybrid cloud are protection, security and compliance, integration and orchestration, and data location optimization.
Speaking of security, hybrid cloud allows organization to choose dedicated servers or network devices that can facilitate isolation of data and ensure better control over critical operations. Although the hybrid cloud isnt faster than a multi-cloud or a public cloud environment, it does however enable network optimization to minimize latency.
Scalability is another advantage as hybrid computing makes use of the public cloud platform. Notably, public cloud resources facilitate development of new applications and can run powerful analytics programs that are beyond the capacity of small organizations.
Hybrid Cloud to Gain Momentum in 2020
Per a TechTarget report, although hybrid cloud has been a popular trend in the cloud computing in the past few years, 2019 witnessed key changes as to how the platform was marketed and sold.
Moreover, hybrid computing is likely to be widely adopted during 2020 as interoperability between cloud systems and private networks take center stage. Further, widespread adoption of AI, ML, IoT and need of high capacity storage is driving the demand of hybrid cloud.
In fact, according to IDC, more than 90% of enterprise IT organizations will commit to multi-cloud architectures. Moreover, 70% of enterprises will integrate their public and private clouds by adhering to hybrid and multi-cloud management technologies, tools, and processes by 2022.
Focus on Top Hybrid Cloud Players
Microsoft MSFT is a dominant hybrid cloud solutions provider. The company is a pioneer in delivering a consistent private cloud experience using Azure Stack, enabling enterprises to build innovative hybrid cloud solutions. You can see the complete list of todays Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks here.
In November, Microsoft introduced Azure Arc, which extends Azure management tools to on-premises and cloud platforms beyond Azure.
Microsoft currently has a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy) and a long-term earnings growth rate of 11.9%.
Intel INTC is investing heavily in hybrid cloud development to ease workloads for client companies. The company is working closely with other industry leaders to accelerate cloud computing solutions and innovations such as Xeon Scalable processor platform, Optane technology, and Omni-Path Architecture.
The company is also extending virtualization from individual servers to the data centers via SDI, enabling a critical on-ramp for scalable hybrid clouds.
Intel currently has a Zacks Rank # 2 and a long-term earnings growth rate of 7.5%.
Intel and Alphabets GOOGL Google Cloud deal in April 2019, in a bid to accelerate deployment of applications on hybrid cloud and on-premise infrastructure, is worth noting. The deal has enabled the development of Anthos reference design by utilizing Intels 2nd-Generation XeonScalable processors.
Markedly, Alphabets acquisition of CloudSimple in November 2019, is another significant step toward bolstering Google Clouds presence in the hybrid space. The company currently has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) and a long-term earnings growth rate of 16.7%.
Amazon AMZN has been a crucial hybrid cloud solutions provider in some way or the other, since the inception of AWS. Markedly, AWS recently made Outposts, a managed service that puts AWS-built server racks integrated with AWS software inside customer data centers, generally available.
Amazon currently has a Zacks Rank #3 and a long-term earnings growth rate of 16.7%.
International Business Machines Corporation IBM has also been taking steps to adhere to the hybrid-shift. Through its Cloud Pak for Security feature, IBM is facilitating locking of data speed and applications across multiple private and public clouds and on-premises locations.
Markedly, the companys acquisition of Red Hat in 2018 is considered by some industry experts to be an important move considering its strategy to shift to hybrid cloud. In fact, IBMs Cloud Paks are bundles of Red Hats Kubernetes-based OpenShift container platform along with Red Hat Linux and a variety of connecting technologies.
IBM currently has a Zacks Rank #3 and a long-term earnings growth rate of 5%.
Zacks Top 10 Stocks for 2020
In addition to the stocks discussed above, would you like to know about our 10 top tickers for the entirety of 2020?
These 10 are painstakingly hand-picked from over 4,000 companies covered by the Zacks Rank. They are our primary picks to buy and hold.
Start Your Access to the New Zacks Top 10 Stocks >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free reportInternational Business Machines Corporation (IBM) : Free Stock Analysis ReportAmazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) : Free Stock Analysis ReportAlphabet Inc. (GOOGL) : Free Stock Analysis ReportMicrosoft Corporation (MSFT) : Free Stock Analysis ReportIntel Corporation (INTC) : Free Stock Analysis ReportTo read this article on Zacks.com click here.Zacks Investment Research
- Home | Federal Cloud Computing Strategy - CIO - October 19th, 2021
- 6 Ways Cloud Computing Helps Businesses ... - American Express - October 19th, 2021
- Alibaba launches new server chip to boost its cloud business in challenge to Amazon and Microsoft - CNBC - October 19th, 2021
- 19 Cloud Computing Statistics That Will Keep You Awake at Night - Hashed Out by The SSL Store - October 19th, 2021
- The Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market is expected to grow by $ 33.49 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 23.18% during the forecast... - October 19th, 2021
- Budget, Cybersecurity Are Barriers to State Cloud Adoption - Government Technology - October 19th, 2021
- Cloud Computing Data Center IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) Market| Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2028 Asset... - October 19th, 2021
- 4 Things You Need to Know Now About Edge Computing - TechTarget - October 19th, 2021
- Cloud Security Should Be the CEOs Wheelhouse Too - ETF Trends - October 19th, 2021
- Lookout Named a Global Leader for Cloud Security Service in the 2021 Stratus Cloud Computing Awards - WDBJ7 - October 19th, 2021
- Cloud computing security - Wikipedia - October 17th, 2021
- What is Cloud Computing? - Computer Hope - October 17th, 2021
- Why Amazon and Microsoft won't have a stranglehold on cloud computing forever - MarketWatch - October 17th, 2021
- Cognitive Cloud Computing Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth During 2021- 2026 - Northwest Diamond Notes - October 17th, 2021
- Navisite Named a Global Leader in Cloud Computing by the 2021 Stratus Awards - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2021
- New Rules Needed to Deal With Risks From Cloud Computing: Bank of England - Insurance Journal - October 17th, 2021
- Lookout Named a Global Leader for Cloud Security Service in the 2021 Stratus Cloud Computing Awards - WKYT - October 17th, 2021
- Cognitive Cloud Computing Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2021 - 2027 - Northwest Diamond Notes - October 17th, 2021
- Softwares Big Skill-Up, Learning The Way To Cloud-Native - Forbes - October 17th, 2021
- Google Extends its Cloud to the Edge, Customer Data Centers - Data Center Frontier - October 17th, 2021
- Cloud Computing Services for the Healthcare Market Size | Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2027 - Northwest... - October 17th, 2021
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Announces 2021 Community Awards Winners - KKTV 11 News - October 17th, 2021
- NASA Turns to the Cloud for Help With Next-Generation Earth Missions - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory - October 17th, 2021
- The tech earnings boom is fizzling out, as Apple and Amazon face the same issues as everyone else - MarketWatch - October 17th, 2021
- How Cloud Technology Will Help Airports Adapt To The New Climate - Simple Flying - October 5th, 2021
- Key Advantages of Cloud Computing in Banking - Banking CIO Outlook - October 5th, 2021
- AWS Has Spent $35 Billion on its Northern Virginia Data Centers - Data Center Frontier - October 5th, 2021
- Global Military Cybersecurity Market is projected to reach at a market value of US$ 43,675.2 million by 2031: Visiongain Research Inc - Yahoo Finance - October 5th, 2021
- Decoding the Future of Innovative Technologies - CNBCTV18 - October 5th, 2021
- Sharing the wealth of HPC-driven apps with flexible as-a-service models - HPCwire - October 5th, 2021
- and China Cloud Computing in Government Market Trends 2021, Share Analysis, Growth Factors, Industry Consumption and Global Forecast 2026 - Northwest... - October 5th, 2021
- Cloud Advertising Market worth $6.7 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- Better connectivity, cloud skills could fast-track SA smart city development, according to AWS - ITWeb - October 5th, 2021
- Benefits of cloud computing | Business Queensland - October 3rd, 2021
- 5 Best Cloud Computing Courses to learn in 2021 | by ... - October 3rd, 2021
- Examples of Cloud Computing | Microsoft Azure - October 3rd, 2021
- Cloud Computing for the U.S. Intelligence Community ... - October 3rd, 2021
- Amazon, Google and Microsoft team up on cloud computing principles - CNET - October 3rd, 2021
- CDN vs. cloud computing: What's the difference? - TechTarget - October 3rd, 2021
- Cloud computing in manufacturing: from impossible to indispensable - Information Age - October 3rd, 2021
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Grows at 23.18% CAGR | Increasing Cloud Assisted Medical Collaborations to Boost the Market Growth | Technavio -... - October 3rd, 2021
- Edge Computing vs Fog Computing: What's the Difference? - CIO Insight - October 3rd, 2021
- The Popularity of Cloud Computing and The Internet of Things (IoT) Will Contribute to The Growth of the IoT... - TechBullion - October 3rd, 2021
- Latest Paper from Cloud Security Alliance Examines Top 10 Blockchain Attacks, Vulnerabilities, and Weaknesses - Business Wire - October 3rd, 2021
- Edge Computing's Growth Takes the Lag Out of Cloud - RTInsights - October 3rd, 2021
- Cloud Computing Technologies Market Impact and Recovery Analysis| Amazon.com, Inc., Microsoft Corporation Bulk Solids Handling - Bulk Solids Handling - October 3rd, 2021
- What You Need to Know About IBM's $19 Billion Spinoff - Motley Fool - October 3rd, 2021
- Huge Demand of Cloud Computing Stack Layers Market by 2028 with Top Key Players Amazon Web Services, Inc., International Business Machines Corp Bulk... - October 3rd, 2021
- Alibaba helps PH firms thrive in the new normal - manilastandard.net - October 3rd, 2021
- Global Cloud Computing in Higher Education Market Segmentation and Industry Analysis (2021-2030): by Growth Factor, Future Challenges, Applications... - October 3rd, 2021
- Restore Data in Cloud Computing: The Best Option for You - MarylandReporter.com - MarylandReporter.com - September 27th, 2021
- The Many Types of Cloud Computing Services - CIOReview - September 27th, 2021
- Connecting College Campuses Through Cloud Computing - The Tech Edvocate - September 27th, 2021
- Digitization and Technological Developments will Drive Cloud Computing in Healthcare Industry - TechBullion - September 27th, 2021
- What IBM i Shops Want From Cloud, And How To Do It Right - IT Jungle - September 27th, 2021
- Arm Neoverse: Powering the Next-Generation of High-Performance Computing - Eetasia.com - September 27th, 2021
- Convincing reasons to move your firm's digital services to the cloud - The Yucatan Times - September 27th, 2021
- 5 Cloud Computing Trends That Are Playing A Major Role in 2021 & Beyond - BBN Times - September 27th, 2021
- Choosing the best health cloud for your digital transformation priorities - MedCity News - September 27th, 2021
- Global Cell Biology Cloud Computing Market 2021 Research on Import-Export Details, Business Standards and Forecast to 2027 Stillwater Current -... - September 27th, 2021
- Upcoming Windows 11 Launch Is Part Of Push To Cloud Computing But Isn't Google's Chrome Already There? - Swarajya - September 27th, 2021
- Cyient Achieves Select Tier Status in the AWS Partner Network with its evolving expertise in Digital Transformation solutions - PRNewswire - September 27th, 2021
- Microsoft cloud storage: is OneDrive or Azure right for your business? - ITProPortal - September 27th, 2021
- Infrastructure and 'talent' why Amazon selected Auckland for $7.5b investment - Stuff.co.nz - September 27th, 2021
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Alphabet, Tesla, Gores Guggenheim and more - CNBC - September 27th, 2021
- Cloud computing is the new frontier for companies looking to get ahead of Google - Digiday - September 20th, 2021
- Cloud computing transformation in banking risk - McKinsey - September 20th, 2021
- Cloud Exchange: Leveraging cloud data and migration in the public sector healthcare arena - Federal News Network - September 20th, 2021
- New Study Finds Salesforce Economy Will Create 9.3 Million Jobs and $1.6 Trillion in New Business Revenues by 2026 - PRNewswire - September 20th, 2021
- Why we need green hosting and higher density services now more than ever - TechRadar - September 20th, 2021
- Leveraging cloud computing capabilities can help organizations reduce their carbon footprint - Express Computer - September 20th, 2021
- DGT Releases Result for 1st Batch of Advanced Diploma (Vocational) in IT, Networking, Cloud Computing - News18 - September 20th, 2021
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases New Guidance for Healthcare Delivery Organizations That Provides Measurable Approach to Detecting and Defending... - September 20th, 2021
- Where The Big Freelance Opportunities Are Now: Tech Insights From Coursera - Forbes - September 20th, 2021
- What is Cloud Computing? Definition, Examples, & Uses - September 8th, 2021
- Cloud Computing - W3schools - September 8th, 2021
- 10 Future Cloud Computing Trends To Watch In 2021 - CRN - September 8th, 2021
- What is Cloud Computing? | Oracle South Africa - September 8th, 2021
- Cloud computing | IBM - September 8th, 2021
- 15 Key Cloud Computing Skills to Advance Your Career - September 8th, 2021