The New England Revolution were able to walk away with another three points in Montreal.
While the Revs were putting up a goal-scoring clinic yours truly was regretting his decision to not bring a better jacket as I covered senior night girls soccer at a North Shore high school (Once again thanks to Seth Macomber for once again providing some great coverage of the match and the post-game press conference).
But with that comes a rare opportunity to look back and knowing what the scoreline looks like, take a deeper look into the game.
So lets get to our three takeaways.
1 - Gustavo Bou needs to work on his body language
While strikers always want to score goals, the body language that Gustavo Bou showed on the night is concerning.
Particularly early in the match on DeJuan Jones goal, Bou basically gave up on the play after the cross into the box wasn't going in his way. He put his hand up and completely checked out. Even after Jones scored, Bou wasnt racing over to celebrate with his teammates, he just walked back to midfield.
After Montreal was able to find the back of the net, Charlie Davies noted that too many players were walking around the pitch. While it wasnt just Bou, the striker definitely was guilty of this on multiple occasions. He also noted Bous poor body language as well.
Eventually, the strikers mood would improve as he scored a late goal that has him tied with Adam Buksa in the golden boot race, but even when Bou isnt scoring he needs to look like the exact same player and not checking out of the match.
2 - GO DJ
This was an amazing night for DeJuan Jones. Besides scoring a goal in the 10th minute, the left back had a complete 90-minute effort against Montreal.
Jones has shown his growth as a player since he is no longer a liability when he uses his left foot. He made some amazing passes and crosses and just hasn't looked afraid on the left flank.
The left back has been capable of blowing by defenders with ease and has done so well that he is even getting looks from European clubs.
Jones will be a key player as the postseason inches closer. His service into the box could be crucial if New England wants to make it to the MLS Cup Finals.
3 - Can Kap catch fire at the right time?
I will not belabor fans with the reminder that Wilfrid Kaptoum was a La Masia product and also played for Real Betis but against Montreal the midfielder was able to make an impact.
The Cameroonian didnt have a lot of time as he entered the game in the 80th minute replacing Tommy McNamara, but Kaptoum was able to secure the first MLS assist of his career six minutes later.
To Kaptoums credit, his pass to Bou was quite nice but he still has more work to do. His acquisition is still looking like a steep overpayment.
But that could change if Kaptoum is able to build momentum heading into the playoffs. Instead of just existing on the pitch, the midfielder needs to make an impact whether that be with crisp passes to get players in on goal or just making smart decisions.
If Kaptoum is able to get hot at the end of the regular season, its difficult to see any team being able to stop the Revolution.
See the original post:
- Cystic Fibrosis Therapy Area Report: Personas of Online Stakeholders, Key Unmet Needs and Opportunities for Pharma to Engage in 2021 - PRNewswire - January 27th, 2022
- Algorithm for Outpatient Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis in Young Patients Developed - MD Magazine - January 27th, 2022
- Cellular and molecular architecture of submucosal glands in wild-type and cystic fibrosis pigs - pnas.org - January 27th, 2022
- Patient Interviews Reveal Complicated Relationship With Food and Diet - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - January 27th, 2022
- 'I feel like I'm drowning': Thousands with cystic fibrosis wait to hear if 'life-saving' drug will be listed on PBS - 9News - January 27th, 2022
- BIKE OF THE WEEK: CANYON ENDURACE CF - Road Bike Action - January 27th, 2022
- Malaga CF announce the appointment of a new head coach - Euro Weekly News - January 27th, 2022
- The Carbon Fiber (CF) and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRP) markets will generate significant profits in the future | Solvay, Hexcel... - January 27th, 2022
- Why Shares of CF Acquisition Corp VI Rose Today - Motley Fool - January 19th, 2022
- Feldan Therapeutics Awarded Funding by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - PRNewswire - January 19th, 2022
- Cordoba CF training camp to benefit Bahraini national team: HH Shaikh Nasser | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN - News of Bahrain- DT News - January 19th, 2022
- The 5.7% return this week takes Canaccord Genuity Group's (TSE:CF) shareholders five-year gains to 338% - Simply Wall St - January 19th, 2022
- ContraFect Announces Award from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to Evaluate Exebacase as a Potential Treatment for Serious MRSA Lung Infections... - January 9th, 2022
- Here's Why Canyon's $7K Grail:ON CF 8 eTap Won the Sought-After Red Dot Award - autoevolution - January 3rd, 2022
- Free rapid COVID-19 test kits offered this week at CF Fairview Park - CambridgeToday - January 3rd, 2022
- CF: Milan predicted to close 2021-22 financial year with over 40m revenue gain the figures - Yardbarker - December 31st, 2021
- Wall Street Stories of 2021 to Drive Markets in 2022: 5 Picks - Yahoo Finance - December 31st, 2021
- Smokers gave a home to bacteria that now sicken people with cystic fibrosis - Ars Technica - December 29th, 2021
- 2022 Toyota GR Supra A91-CF Edition is exclusive to North America - SlashGear - December 29th, 2021
- Public Notice: Medicaid Fee Schedule for Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Individual and Family Support (IFS) | dmh - Executive Office of... - December 29th, 2021
- Malaga CFs next match in doubt, after 12 of the squad test positive for coronavirus - Surinenglish.com - December 29th, 2021
- Sam Patterson's wish for the New Year: a rematch with BRAVE CF champ Ahmed Amir | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN - News of Bahrain- DT News - December 29th, 2021
- The story of Aaron Aby, the Welsh fighter who beat cancer and is eyeing UFC move - Wales Online - December 29th, 2021
- Sinus Surgery Best if Within Few Years of Lung Transplant: Study - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - December 23rd, 2021
- Six members of Malaga CF football squad test positive for Covid-19 - Surinenglish.com - December 23rd, 2021
- CF Acquisition Corp Is Another Play for Those Sick of Cancel Culture - InvestorPlace - December 23rd, 2021
- Why Shares of CF Acquisition Corp. VI Are Falling Today - The Motley Fool - December 17th, 2021
- The president of BRAVE CF is excited to launch the national MMA project in Serbia - Central Valley Business Journal - December 17th, 2021
- CF Markville and CF Sherway Gardens Host Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from December 21 to January 9 -... - December 7th, 2021
- Community rallies around CF Montreal coach with brain cancer: We have to win this game - Globalnews.ca - December 7th, 2021
- BlazBlue CentralFiction and Cross Tag Battle to Add Rollback Netcode; Public Testing for CF Begins Today - Wccftech - December 7th, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Welcomes Commerce Departments Affirmative Preliminary Countervailing Duty Determinations Concerning UAN from Russia and... - December 3rd, 2021
- Canadian CF-18 replacement: F-35 and Gripen to the the final showdown - Aviacionline.com - December 3rd, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences - Business Wire - December 3rd, 2021
- Cystic Fibrosis: Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment - Healthline - November 28th, 2021
- Sources -- Minnesota Twins, CF Byron Buxton agree to seven-year, $100 million extension - ESPN - November 28th, 2021
- 7 external CF options Phillies could consider with Starling Marte off the board Phillies Nation - Phillies Nation - November 28th, 2021
- On the run again: CF Turkey Trot returns in Wyoming - The Daily News Online - November 28th, 2021
- CF Sherway Gardens Hosts Holiday Food Drive in Support of Daily Bread Food Bank on Saturday November 27 - Yahoo Finance - November 25th, 2021
- THN Power Rankings: Flames, Rangers, Avalanche Rise to the Occasion - The Hockey News - November 25th, 2021
- Lost Women of Science, Episode 4: Breakfast in the Snow - Scientific American - November 25th, 2021
- Here's Why I Think CF Energy (CVE:CFY) Is An Interesting Stock - Simply Wall St - November 25th, 2021
- The fight to end cystic fibrosis relies on local chapter - Albany Times Union - November 21st, 2021
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Reports Positive Topline Results from Monotherapy Arms of Phase 2 Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients -... - November 17th, 2021
- 'This is my last option:' Ottawa woman with cystic fibrosis says insurance won't cover life-saving medication - CTV Edmonton - November 17th, 2021
- Iowa grandmother starts charity devoted to curing cystic fibrosis, gets attention of Iowa State's Matt Campbell - Ames Tribune - November 17th, 2021
- Matt Gurney: Canada's aging fighter jets will keep on aging because Trudeau has no incentive to replace them - National Post - November 17th, 2021
- Christine Perrins: Give Kiwis with cystic fibrosis a future to look forward to - New Zealand Herald - November 15th, 2021
- CF Polo Park Hosts Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from November 27 to December 1 - Canada NewsWire - November 15th, 2021
- 23-year-old Stittsville student learns life is worth less than the drug that could save it - Ottawa Citizen - November 15th, 2021
- Insights on the Ammonium Nitrate Global Market to 2026 - Featuring CF Industries, Enaex and Neochim Among Others - Yahoo Finance - November 15th, 2021
- CF Chinook Centre Hosts Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from November 17 to 21 - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- CF-18 Hornet to fly over Beardy's and Okemasis in honour of Indigenous veterans - Prince Albert Daily Herald - November 9th, 2021
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Partners to Accelerate Development of First-In-Class Gene Therapy for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis - Business Wire - October 21st, 2021
- 'Tough ballplayer': Lux learning CF on the job - MLB.com - October 21st, 2021
- Cystic Fibrosis Sinus Infections Involve Microbes With Shifting Evolution Patterns - GenomeWeb - October 21st, 2021
- Liver Disease in CF Appears Linked to Problems in CFTR Protein - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - October 21st, 2021
- MSU, Spectrum Health partner on over $2M NIH gene therapy study for cystic fibrosis - MSUToday - October 21st, 2021
- Vertex to Present Long-Term Data Demonstrating Significant Benefits of Treatment With CFTR Modulators at North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference... - October 21st, 2021
- CF seeks state and local funding for nursing education, as study projects dramatic shortfall - WMFE - October 21st, 2021
- CF QB Martavius Thomas and DE Jacovey Barker named Camden News Players of the Week - Camden News - October 21st, 2021
- Inter Miami CF looks to end 6-game skid with victory over Toronto FC - FOXSports.com - October 21st, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Announces Planned Board of Directors Leadership Transition - Yahoo Finance - October 13th, 2021
- CF's Martavius Thomas and Kameron Easttam named Players of the Week - Camden News - October 13th, 2021
- Bull of the Day: Nutrien (NTR) - Yahoo Finance - October 13th, 2021
- Inter Miami CF aims to stop 3-game skid with victory over Portland - Daily Union - October 1st, 2021
- Gavin Lux injury: Dodgers OF leaves game after crashing into CF wall - True Blue LA - October 1st, 2021
- Local family sheds tears of joy as province agrees to fund 'life-changing' CF medicine - OrilliaMatters - September 27th, 2021
- Massive Scouting Report: CF Montreal - Massive Report - September 27th, 2021
- Mohammed Shahid: BRAVE CF has the best scouting program in the world - Conan Daily - September 27th, 2021
- CF (CF) Stock Jumps 6.1%: Will It Continue to Soar? - Entrepreneur - September 24th, 2021
- It's Official: Canada's CF-18 Hornet Fighters Are Set To Get New Advanced Radars - The Drive - September 24th, 2021
- CF Industries (CF) gains 6.09% in Active Trading on September 23 - Equities.com - September 24th, 2021
- From China with fervor: CF Moto debuts in the 2022 Moto3 World Championship - GPOne.com - September 24th, 2021
- CF QB Thomas and defensive end Barker named Players of the Week - Camden News - September 24th, 2021
- Who is CF Industries CEO Tony Will? Boss of US firm getting taxpayer funds for CO2 production - iNews - September 24th, 2021
- Exclusive: BRAVE CFs Amin Ayoub Hyped For Ahmed Amir Grudge Match He Wants To Put On A Show, So Lets Do That - LowKick MMA - September 24th, 2021
- CF Industries (CF) Halts Operations at its UK Facilities - Entrepreneur - September 22nd, 2021
- BRAVE CF Partners With German MMA Promotion To Hold Live Events In 2022 - International Business Times - September 22nd, 2021
- BreatheCon Offers Adults With Cystic Fibrosis Opportunity to Connect - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - September 22nd, 2021