The wins keep stacking up for the Camden Fairview Cardinals (6-1) after they took down the Magnolia Panthers, 44-25. at home last week.
It was a stellar night for the entire team as they are just a few games away from securing their first conference title since 2012. There were several stars on both sides of the ball that made a tremendous impact to the Cardinals' big win over the Panthers.
On the offensive side of the ball for Camden Fairview, they were able to create a highly efficient gameplan that left the Panthers unable to slow down CF's rhythm. The offense for the Cardinals, led by junior quarterback Martavious Thomas, accumulated a total of 601 yards against the defense of Magnolia.
The defense of the Cardinals knew they were in a tough fight against a Panthers' offense that could consistently drive the ball down the field. There were several defenders for Camden Fairview that made an impact with junior defensive end Kameron Easttam having a standout performance.
Thomas and Easttam are Camden News's Offensive and Defensive Players of the week.
This is Thomas' fourth-time being Camden News's offensive player of the week this 2021 season. Thomas continues to be one of the most electrifying playmakers in the state of Arkansas with his explosive and dynamic running ability. In the game against Magnolia, Thomas had a nearly perfect game by throwing for 345 yards, four touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 157.9 on 20 completions.
Thomas passed for four touchdowns against the defense of Magnolia, who failed to lock down their coverages on the deep receiver core of Camden Fairview. Three of Thomas's touchdowns were in the second half of the game to several different receivers. Thomas had a ten-yard touchdown pass to Jarvis Reed in the second quarter, a 15-yard touchdown pass to Michael Suell in the third quarter, a 45-yard touchdown pass to Reed in the third quarter and a five-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Copeland.
Thomas was highly efficient in spreading the ball throughout the field to cause chaos in the secondary of Magnolia.
On the defensive side of the ball for Camden Fairview, the line was highly active in creating multiple stops against the offense of Magnolia. While defensive tackle Mark Welch and defensive end Jacovey Barker continued to be efficient even while being focused on by the offensive line of Magnolia, it was Easttam that was the star of the defense.
This is Easttam's first time being named defensive player of the week.
The junior led the team in total tackles accounted for with seven while also accounting for one tackle for loss. Easttam has accumulated 32 solo tackles, ten tackles for loss, three sacks and two quarterback pressures in the 2021 season. With most of the pressure focused on Welch and Barker, that opened up more availability for Easttam to potentially make big stops for the Cardinals' defense. Easttam was constantly crashing into the backfield of Magnolia and put constant pressure on the quarterback.
Camden Fairview continues to show they have one of the most talented defensive line units in the conference and the region.
Go here to see the original:
- Why Shares of CF Acquisition Corp VI Rose Today - Motley Fool - January 19th, 2022
- Feldan Therapeutics Awarded Funding by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - PRNewswire - January 19th, 2022
- Cordoba CF training camp to benefit Bahraini national team: HH Shaikh Nasser | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN - News of Bahrain- DT News - January 19th, 2022
- The 5.7% return this week takes Canaccord Genuity Group's (TSE:CF) shareholders five-year gains to 338% - Simply Wall St - January 19th, 2022
- ContraFect Announces Award from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to Evaluate Exebacase as a Potential Treatment for Serious MRSA Lung Infections... - January 9th, 2022
- Here's Why Canyon's $7K Grail:ON CF 8 eTap Won the Sought-After Red Dot Award - autoevolution - January 3rd, 2022
- Free rapid COVID-19 test kits offered this week at CF Fairview Park - CambridgeToday - January 3rd, 2022
- CF: Milan predicted to close 2021-22 financial year with over 40m revenue gain the figures - Yardbarker - December 31st, 2021
- Wall Street Stories of 2021 to Drive Markets in 2022: 5 Picks - Yahoo Finance - December 31st, 2021
- Smokers gave a home to bacteria that now sicken people with cystic fibrosis - Ars Technica - December 29th, 2021
- 2022 Toyota GR Supra A91-CF Edition is exclusive to North America - SlashGear - December 29th, 2021
- Public Notice: Medicaid Fee Schedule for Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Individual and Family Support (IFS) | dmh - Executive Office of... - December 29th, 2021
- Malaga CFs next match in doubt, after 12 of the squad test positive for coronavirus - Surinenglish.com - December 29th, 2021
- Sam Patterson's wish for the New Year: a rematch with BRAVE CF champ Ahmed Amir | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN - News of Bahrain- DT News - December 29th, 2021
- The story of Aaron Aby, the Welsh fighter who beat cancer and is eyeing UFC move - Wales Online - December 29th, 2021
- Sinus Surgery Best if Within Few Years of Lung Transplant: Study - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - December 23rd, 2021
- Six members of Malaga CF football squad test positive for Covid-19 - Surinenglish.com - December 23rd, 2021
- CF Acquisition Corp Is Another Play for Those Sick of Cancel Culture - InvestorPlace - December 23rd, 2021
- Why Shares of CF Acquisition Corp. VI Are Falling Today - The Motley Fool - December 17th, 2021
- The president of BRAVE CF is excited to launch the national MMA project in Serbia - Central Valley Business Journal - December 17th, 2021
- CF Markville and CF Sherway Gardens Host Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from December 21 to January 9 -... - December 7th, 2021
- Community rallies around CF Montreal coach with brain cancer: We have to win this game - Globalnews.ca - December 7th, 2021
- BlazBlue CentralFiction and Cross Tag Battle to Add Rollback Netcode; Public Testing for CF Begins Today - Wccftech - December 7th, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Welcomes Commerce Departments Affirmative Preliminary Countervailing Duty Determinations Concerning UAN from Russia and... - December 3rd, 2021
- Canadian CF-18 replacement: F-35 and Gripen to the the final showdown - Aviacionline.com - December 3rd, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences - Business Wire - December 3rd, 2021
- Cystic Fibrosis: Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment - Healthline - November 28th, 2021
- Sources -- Minnesota Twins, CF Byron Buxton agree to seven-year, $100 million extension - ESPN - November 28th, 2021
- 7 external CF options Phillies could consider with Starling Marte off the board Phillies Nation - Phillies Nation - November 28th, 2021
- On the run again: CF Turkey Trot returns in Wyoming - The Daily News Online - November 28th, 2021
- CF Sherway Gardens Hosts Holiday Food Drive in Support of Daily Bread Food Bank on Saturday November 27 - Yahoo Finance - November 25th, 2021
- THN Power Rankings: Flames, Rangers, Avalanche Rise to the Occasion - The Hockey News - November 25th, 2021
- Lost Women of Science, Episode 4: Breakfast in the Snow - Scientific American - November 25th, 2021
- Here's Why I Think CF Energy (CVE:CFY) Is An Interesting Stock - Simply Wall St - November 25th, 2021
- The fight to end cystic fibrosis relies on local chapter - Albany Times Union - November 21st, 2021
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Reports Positive Topline Results from Monotherapy Arms of Phase 2 Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients -... - November 17th, 2021
- 'This is my last option:' Ottawa woman with cystic fibrosis says insurance won't cover life-saving medication - CTV Edmonton - November 17th, 2021
- Iowa grandmother starts charity devoted to curing cystic fibrosis, gets attention of Iowa State's Matt Campbell - Ames Tribune - November 17th, 2021
- Matt Gurney: Canada's aging fighter jets will keep on aging because Trudeau has no incentive to replace them - National Post - November 17th, 2021
- Christine Perrins: Give Kiwis with cystic fibrosis a future to look forward to - New Zealand Herald - November 15th, 2021
- CF Polo Park Hosts Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from November 27 to December 1 - Canada NewsWire - November 15th, 2021
- 23-year-old Stittsville student learns life is worth less than the drug that could save it - Ottawa Citizen - November 15th, 2021
- Insights on the Ammonium Nitrate Global Market to 2026 - Featuring CF Industries, Enaex and Neochim Among Others - Yahoo Finance - November 15th, 2021
- CF Chinook Centre Hosts Frozen Fairways Inviting Shoppers to take in New Outdoor Sports Experience from November 17 to 21 - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- CF-18 Hornet to fly over Beardy's and Okemasis in honour of Indigenous veterans - Prince Albert Daily Herald - November 9th, 2021
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Partners to Accelerate Development of First-In-Class Gene Therapy for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis - Business Wire - October 21st, 2021
- 'Tough ballplayer': Lux learning CF on the job - MLB.com - October 21st, 2021
- Cystic Fibrosis Sinus Infections Involve Microbes With Shifting Evolution Patterns - GenomeWeb - October 21st, 2021
- Liver Disease in CF Appears Linked to Problems in CFTR Protein - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - October 21st, 2021
- MSU, Spectrum Health partner on over $2M NIH gene therapy study for cystic fibrosis - MSUToday - October 21st, 2021
- Vertex to Present Long-Term Data Demonstrating Significant Benefits of Treatment With CFTR Modulators at North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference... - October 21st, 2021
- CF seeks state and local funding for nursing education, as study projects dramatic shortfall - WMFE - October 21st, 2021
- CF QB Martavius Thomas and DE Jacovey Barker named Camden News Players of the Week - Camden News - October 21st, 2021
- Inter Miami CF looks to end 6-game skid with victory over Toronto FC - FOXSports.com - October 21st, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Announces Planned Board of Directors Leadership Transition - Yahoo Finance - October 13th, 2021
- Bull of the Day: Nutrien (NTR) - Yahoo Finance - October 13th, 2021
- Revolution Rewatch: 3 takeaways from 4-1 victory over CF Montreal - The Bent Musket - October 13th, 2021
- Inter Miami CF aims to stop 3-game skid with victory over Portland - Daily Union - October 1st, 2021
- Gavin Lux injury: Dodgers OF leaves game after crashing into CF wall - True Blue LA - October 1st, 2021
- Local family sheds tears of joy as province agrees to fund 'life-changing' CF medicine - OrilliaMatters - September 27th, 2021
- Massive Scouting Report: CF Montreal - Massive Report - September 27th, 2021
- Mohammed Shahid: BRAVE CF has the best scouting program in the world - Conan Daily - September 27th, 2021
- CF (CF) Stock Jumps 6.1%: Will It Continue to Soar? - Entrepreneur - September 24th, 2021
- It's Official: Canada's CF-18 Hornet Fighters Are Set To Get New Advanced Radars - The Drive - September 24th, 2021
- CF Industries (CF) gains 6.09% in Active Trading on September 23 - Equities.com - September 24th, 2021
- From China with fervor: CF Moto debuts in the 2022 Moto3 World Championship - GPOne.com - September 24th, 2021
- CF QB Thomas and defensive end Barker named Players of the Week - Camden News - September 24th, 2021
- Who is CF Industries CEO Tony Will? Boss of US firm getting taxpayer funds for CO2 production - iNews - September 24th, 2021
- Exclusive: BRAVE CFs Amin Ayoub Hyped For Ahmed Amir Grudge Match He Wants To Put On A Show, So Lets Do That - LowKick MMA - September 24th, 2021
- CF Industries (CF) Halts Operations at its UK Facilities - Entrepreneur - September 22nd, 2021
- BRAVE CF Partners With German MMA Promotion To Hold Live Events In 2022 - International Business Times - September 22nd, 2021
- BreatheCon Offers Adults With Cystic Fibrosis Opportunity to Connect - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - September 22nd, 2021
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Announces Halt of Operations at UK Facilities - Business Wire - September 22nd, 2021
- CF schools require everyone to wear masks indoors, effective immediately - Leader-Telegram - September 22nd, 2021
- Man denied cystic fibrosis drug by one insurer has it approved by another - CBC.ca - September 22nd, 2021
- Looking Forward to the Future: CF Montreal vs Chicago Fire Preview - Hot Time In Old Town - September 22nd, 2021
- CF library to be closed during construction - Leader-Telegram - September 22nd, 2021
- CF Montreal closes stadium section indefinitely after repeated violent incidents - The Athletic - September 12th, 2021
- Minorities With CF Have Worse Lung Function, Study Says - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - September 12th, 2021
- Wisconsin Sport Show returns to CF this weekend - Leader-Telegram - September 12th, 2021