The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday moved Mumbai bench of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) for the insolvency and bankruptcy proceeding of Reliance Capital.
The central bank had superseded the board of the company on Monday, citing defaults and governance issues.
The RBI appointed former executive director of Bank of Maharashtra Y Nageswar Rao as the administrator and gave him an advisory board to discharge his duty.
In a statement on its website, the RBI said there would be an interim moratorium on and from the filing of the application till its admission or rejection by the NCLT.
Under rules, the adjudicating authority will declare a moratorium, prohibiting suits or continuation of pending suits or proceedings against the corporate debtor including execution of any judgement, decree or order in any court of law, tribunal, arbitration panel or other authority.
The moratorium will also prohibit transferring, encumbering, alienating or disposing off by Reliance Capital any of its assets or any legal right or beneficial interest, and will prevent any action to foreclose, recover or enforce any security interest created by the company regarding its property including any action under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act.
An owner or lessor of the property also cannot recover the property occupied by Reliance Capital.
However, the supply of essential goods or services to the company will not be terminated or suspended or interrupted during the moratorium period.
The moratorium will also not apply to any transaction notified by the central government in consultation with any financial regulator, and will not affect any surety in a contract of guarantee to a corporate debtor.
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.
Read the rest here:
- J&J Talc Bankruptcy 'Bad Faith' Claims Go Before Third Circuit - Bloomberg Law - September 20th, 2022
- New amendments to bankruptcy code can maximise recovery of stressed assets - DNA India - September 20th, 2022
- Judge reports threats, harassment over J&J talc bankruptcy - Reuters - September 17th, 2022
- Why OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma is still in bankruptcy: 'There's been risk in this process all along' - CT Insider - September 17th, 2022
- Regal Theaters To Close Calabasas Location Amid Bankruptcy Filing - Patch - September 17th, 2022
- The Bankruptcy Law Star And Why She Loves What She Does - Lawfuel - September 17th, 2022
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona - August 29th, 2022
- Sandy Hook families say Alex Jones is hiding assets while claiming bankruptcy - The Hill - August 29th, 2022
- SsangYongs rehabilitation plan earns the approval of the Seoul bankruptcy court - EconoTimes - August 29th, 2022
- Energy firms refusing to supply small UK businesses over bankruptcy fears - The Guardian - August 25th, 2022
- Chattanooga's Venue Church files for bankruptcy as leaders vow it will survive and pay off debts - Chattanooga Times Free Press - August 25th, 2022
- The Evolution of Electronic Service of Bankruptcy Notices - Lexology - August 25th, 2022
- MoviePass co-founder bought back its assets after a bankruptcy auction. Now hes back for a second run - Fortune - August 25th, 2022
- Vulnerability of Customers Crypto in Bankruptcy; Is Help on the Way? - JD Supra - August 25th, 2022
- The Future Of Small Business Bankruptcies And Creditors' Committees After The SBRA: In Re Bonert And In Re Lear Capital - Insolvency/Bankruptcy -... - August 25th, 2022
- Nearly One-in-Five Canadian Small Businesses on the Verge of Bankruptcy: CFIB Survey - The Epoch Times - August 25th, 2022
- 'I would use the word terrifying' | Lessons learned 10 years later from Stockton's historic bankruptcy - ABC10.com KXTV - June 29th, 2022
- Laos Is On the Brink of Sovereign Bankruptcy - The Diplomat - June 29th, 2022
- Analysis: Meme stock investors bet on bankrupt Revlon being the next Hertz - Reuters - June 29th, 2022
- NYC Office Tower Ch. 11 Shines Light On Blocking Provisions - Law360 - June 29th, 2022
- The interplay between benefits under a trust and bankruptcy: A beneficiary cannot shield its obligations to creditors by hiding behind the terms of a... - June 29th, 2022
- Connecticut Bankruptcy Courts Rule That New Homestead Act Applies Retroactively to Claims Arising Before Acts Effective Date - JD Supra - June 29th, 2022
- [COLUMN] Is there life after bankruptcy? - Asian Journal News - June 29th, 2022
- ERGO Analysing Developments Impacting Business: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Second... - June 29th, 2022
- Katie Price dodges another court date as bankruptcy hearing put back to 2023 - Yahoo News - June 22nd, 2022
- Injuries, Creative Bankruptcy Force WWE to Turn to John Cena, Brock Lesnar - Bleacher Report - June 22nd, 2022
- Artesian Builds auctions thousands of PC components to pay off bankruptcy - Wccftech - June 22nd, 2022
- Telangana on the brink of bankruptcy due to Central Govt, RBI curbs - The Siasat Daily - June 22nd, 2022
- The Powers Of The Foreign Bankrupt Company And The Foreign Bankruptcy Administrator To Act Before The Swiss Authorities In Case Of Fraud -... - June 22nd, 2022
- Debt Consolidation Vs. Bankruptcy: What Is The Difference? Forbes Advisor - Forbes - June 20th, 2022
- Imps Week In Wrestling Vince McMahon: Hush Money and Creative Bankruptcy - Wrestling Headlines - June 20th, 2022
- TPC Group files for bankruptcy with thousands still awaiting payouts; attorney Brent Coon responds - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - June 5th, 2022
- Bankruptcy 101: Lease Assumption, Assignment, and Rejection - Bankruptcy Basics for New and Non-Bankruptcy Attorneys - JD Supra - June 5th, 2022
- Amber Heard can't file for bankruptcy to wipe $15 million she now owes Johnny Depp - Marca English - June 5th, 2022
- Why Now Is the Perfect Time to Declare 'Meeting Bankruptcy' and Rethink Your Schedule - Inc. - June 5th, 2022
- It's the Law: What can I keep in bankruptcy? - Post Register - June 5th, 2022
- Truth Social Buyer Warns of Bankruptcy Risk Given Trump's Past Failures - Newsweek - May 17th, 2022
- Canadian businesses bankruptcies surge and some fear this is just the beginning - Toronto Star - May 17th, 2022
- Violations of the Bankruptcy Discharge Injunction | Freeman Law - JDSupra - JD Supra - May 17th, 2022
- SCOTUS To Review Spending Clause, Overtime, and Bankruptcy Fraud - The National Law Review - May 17th, 2022
- Is BBBY Stock Headed for Bankruptcy? One Analyst Thinks So. - InvestorPlace - May 17th, 2022
- Ukraine Has Exposed The Bankruptcy Of Germany's "Never Again" Pacifism - Worldcrunch - May 17th, 2022
- Violations Of The Bankruptcy Discharge Injunction - Insolvency/Bankruptcy - United States - Mondaq - May 9th, 2022
- Total April Bankruptcy Filings Decrease 21 Percent Over the Same Period Last Year - GlobeNewswire - May 9th, 2022
- What's happening in Sri Lanka? Country facing worst economic crisis and on the brink of bankruptcy - Sky News - May 9th, 2022
- A&G Bankruptcy Sale Offers Over 50 Properties in and around Manhattan, Kansas - PR Newswire - May 9th, 2022
- Al Zawawi and 109(a): Parsing What It Means to Be a Debtor Under Chapter 15 - JD Supra - May 9th, 2022
- Sri Lanka Is on the Brink of Bankruptcy - The Diplomat - May 9th, 2022
- A Day Late and Nearly $5 Million Short?: Legislation Introduced to Make Permanent the $7.5 Million Subchapter V Debt Limit As Temporary Extensions... - March 29th, 2022
- [COLUMN] Bankruptcy: When you've done everything you can but it's still not good enough - Asian Journal News - March 29th, 2022
- New Slovak legislation on solving threatened bankruptcy - Lexology - March 29th, 2022
- Two Recent Chapter 15 Cases Clarify Just How Low the Bar Is for Recognition - JD Supra - March 29th, 2022
- The Parent Company of These Steakhouses Just Filed For Bankruptcy Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - March 26th, 2022
- Medical debt isn't all that indicative of bankruptcy - Washington Examiner - March 26th, 2022
- 'Broken heart': Read the CEO's letter to Black News Channel employees announcing closure - Tallahassee Democrat - March 26th, 2022
- Meet Nicole Barham: From Bankruptcy Court To Entrepreneur Helping Other Women Design Their Wealth - Black Enterprise - March 26th, 2022
- Seadrill Expects to Emerge from Bankruptcy This Week - The Maritime Executive - February 24th, 2022
- Solomon: Is it too late to save more restaurants from bankruptcy? - Boston Herald - February 24th, 2022
- Is It Too Late to Save More Restaurants From Bankruptcy? InsideSources - InsideSources - February 21st, 2022
- Bankruptcy resolution shifting to fast track - Mint - February 21st, 2022
- Philippine Airlines soars from brink of bankruptcy to profitability: how it happened - Gulf News - February 21st, 2022
- Pensions: what's new this week February 2022 # 3 | Allen & Overy LLP - JDSupra - JD Supra - February 21st, 2022
- Senior Living Drives Health Care Industry Distress in Final Quarter of 2021 - GlobeNewswire - February 21st, 2022
- Months of debts, promises and guilt trips: Woman declares bankruptcy after $240k 'pig-butchering' scam - AsiaOne - February 21st, 2022
- Five years of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code: A promising journey - BusinessLine - February 21st, 2022
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: What You Need To Know - Forbes - February 19th, 2022
- These Restaurants Are Nearing Bankruptcy, Recent Data Shows Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - February 19th, 2022
- Podcast: The awful sound of Shelley Luthers moral bankruptcy - San Antonio Express-News - February 19th, 2022
- What You Need to Know About Filing for Bankruptcy with a Reverse Mortgage - Lawyers.com Blog - February 19th, 2022
- Florida Orange Forecast Drops and Chapter 12 Farm Bankruptcy Filings Down - AG INFORMATION NETWORK OF THE WEST - AGInfo Ag Information Network Of The... - February 19th, 2022
- Evander Kane bankruptcy trustee wants to sue firm that arranged his loans - The Athletic - February 19th, 2022
- 2021 was one of the worst years in decades for BigLaw bankruptcy practices - ABA Journal - February 15th, 2022
- Lawyers in 2 states sanctioned over association with national bankruptcy law firm - ABA Journal - February 15th, 2022
- Bankruptcy Discharge: What Is It? Forbes Advisor - Forbes - February 15th, 2022
- A Wave of Bankruptcies and Foreclosures Appears to be Building - Kiplinger's Personal Finance - February 15th, 2022
- Latham & Watkins Advises Huachen Energy on Innovative Bond Restructuring and the First-Ever US Chapter 15 Recognition of a PRC Bankruptcy... - February 15th, 2022
- How PMPML drove on the long route to bankruptcy - Hindustan Times - February 15th, 2022
- The Moral Bankruptcy of a Violent StateProtesting Prison Expansion & Documenting Police Beatings at the Arkansas State Capitol (INCLUDING VIDEO).... - February 15th, 2022
- Cross-Border Bankruptcy Cases: Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code and Parameters of a Discovery Tool - JD Supra - February 15th, 2022
- Bankruptcy Court Protects Creditors And Banks Holding Garnished Funds - Lexology - February 15th, 2022