NASSAU, BAHAMAS What began as a simple Whatsapp group for residents and descendants of Orange Creek, Cat Island has now morphed into a partnership group seeking to enhance the business and entrepreneurial landscape of the island within the next several years.
Moneymaxx Chief Executive Officer Karlos Mackey, who leads the executive function of the Orange Creek Redevelopment Partnership, spoke about the groups agenda while addressing the Cat Island, Rum Cay and San Salvador Business Outlook yesterday.
Mackey, a Cat Island descendant, noted that the lack of available accommodations, transportation and entertainment options has made it difficult to convince persons to visit Cat Island outside of the Rake and Scrape festival and regatta.
Hr explained that the partnership began as a simple Whatsapp group for Orange Creek residents and descendants to discuss personal projects and evolved into a very serious and structured partnership group.
According to Mackey, the group now has over 100 financially active members on Cat Island, throughout The Bahamas and around the world.
The Orange Creek Redevelopment Partnership is dedicated to enhancing the business and entrepreneurial landscape in North and Central Cat Island via investment and management in new and existing businesses, said Mackey, who noted that the group has engaged various stakeholders over the past several months.
He further noted that the groups efforts have been well received by the Office of the Prime Minister and area MP Prime Minister Philip Davis.
We have detailed our vision for the improvements the partnership is prepared to work on collaboratively and with other Cat Island stakeholders over the next several years. One among those items one is a North and Central Cat Island essential services cluster, a resort cluster and industry information and education cluster, said Mackey.
Mackey said the group would like to see 5,000-7,000 persons residing on Cat Island by 2035. We believe Cat Island is the cultural capital of The Bahamas and that our population should reflect that we are among the major islands in the country.
For North and Central Cat Island, having the Arthurs Town airport being redeveloped as a high functioning airport with regular domestic and international commercial aviation concurrently with the New Bight airport to service South Cat Island is a priority, he continued.
The architectural and engineering planning along with the fund raising and structuring of management and operation of the Arthurs Town airport along with the redevelopment of the Bennetts Harbor dock into a ferry and commercial terminal are proceeding extremely well.
He added: We are confident that the proposal for the management and operation of both of these facilities along with the introduction of a partner airline for the Arthurs town airport will be presented to the OPM, the Ministry of Tourism, Investment and Aviation and the general public in July.
Mackey noted that a commitment has been made by the group to work with the OPM to facilitate the construction and operation of a new health facility, early childhood education center and an affordable housing community on the island. He added that the group is also eyeing an agricultural processing centre and business incubator.
- How a persistent diver in the Bahamas solved a WW II mystery involving a Halifax pilot - CBC.ca - June 7th, 2022
- Goals and Summary of Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 Bahamas in CONCACAF Nations League. - VAVEL.com - June 7th, 2022
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE BAHAMAS IN JUNE - PR Newswire - June 7th, 2022
- OSU to Reportedly Take Part in Thanksgiving Hoops Tourney in Bahamas - Pistols Firing - June 7th, 2022
- Caribbean Flying Adventures Urges AOPA to Keep an Eye on the Bahamas Ball - AVweb - June 7th, 2022
- Rapper Ice-T, Coco on family vacation in The Bahamas | Loop Caribbean News - Loop News Caribbean - May 21st, 2022
- PAHO/WHO Bahamas' Walk the Talk Virtual Challenge to be highlighted in Geneva, Switzerland - EyeWitness News - May 21st, 2022
- Families of Americans who died at Bahamas resort demand second autopsy - New York Post - May 20th, 2022
- Browns Players Share Pictures From Bahamas Trip - Browns Nation - May 20th, 2022
- Carnival Is Building A New Cruise Port In The Bahamas, Why Its So Important - TravelAwaits - May 20th, 2022
- Bahamas will 'fight' EU, OECD on digital assets - Bahamas Tribune - May 20th, 2022
- University of The Bahamas preparing for largest commencement class since pandemic - EyeWitness News - May 20th, 2022
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Held Hands in the Bahamas: TikTok - Marie Claire - May 20th, 2022
- Fans React To Deshaun Watson Taking Browns' Offensive Players To The Bahamas Except For Baker Mayfield - BroBible - May 20th, 2022
- Geraldo Rivera Describes A UFO Tracking Him 'Everywhere He Went' While Sailing In The Bahamas - BroBible - May 20th, 2022
- The Bahamas joins the international community in celebrating Women in Maritime - Magnetic Media - May 20th, 2022
- Deltec teams up with Jambb for an NFT Giveaway at Crypto Bahamas - Headlines of Today - Headlines of Today - May 20th, 2022
- Amber Heard's friend says Johnny Depp told him about blacking out and passing out face first in the sand in the Bahamas and staff having to whisk his... - May 20th, 2022
- United States Joins The Bahamas, in Commemorating HMBS Flamingo - US Embassy in The Bahamas - May 13th, 2022
- IMF recommends the Bahamas accelerate its education campaigns on CBDC - Cointelegraph - May 11th, 2022
- Bahamas police probe food in deaths of 3 Americans at Sandals resort - New York Post - May 11th, 2022
- Companies can soon start paying the Bahamas to store carbon in the ocean - Salon - May 11th, 2022
- Bahamas police identify the 3 Americans found dead at Sandals resort - NPR - May 9th, 2022
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE BAHAMAS IN MAY - PR Newswire - May 9th, 2022
- Companies can soon start paying the Bahamas to store carbon in the ocean - Grist - May 9th, 2022
- Nick Cannon and Bre Tiesi set to babymoon in the Bahamas - Page Six - April 29th, 2022
- Manager of Johnny Depps private island in the Bahamas says she intervened when Amber Heard hit him with can - The Independent - April 29th, 2022
- Dozens of Dogs Arrive in Maine From Bahamas, Need Homes Now - 92moose.fm - April 29th, 2022
- Bryson DeChambeau and Lexi Thompson Were Both in the Bahamas, but for a Very Special Reason - EssentiallySports - April 29th, 2022
- On Grand Bahama, the internet is terrible. I loved it - ZDNet - April 29th, 2022
- Londoner visits Highcliffe Beach and compares it to the Bahamas - Dorset Live - April 29th, 2022
- Murder in Grand Bahama takes year's tally to 48 - Bahamas Tribune - April 29th, 2022
- The shipwreck and salvage of the Maine brig Baltic - Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald - April 29th, 2022
- Darville: COVID infection doubled in last two weeks - EyeWitness News - April 29th, 2022
- Elk Grove's latest marketing effort: Short TV ads and corresponding billboards - Daily Herald - April 29th, 2022
- Emergency Hostel trial: Child witness says he called worker the B word that rhymes with witch - EyeWitness News - April 29th, 2022
- Backyard Farmers to Benefit from Donation to Church Commercial Farming Group - Magnetic Media - April 29th, 2022
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE BAHAMAS IN APRIL - PR Newswire - April 6th, 2022
- UWI Open Campus Bahamas appoints first board Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2022
- Trinidad and Tobago draw The Bahamas, Nicaragua and 'Vincy Heat' in Concacaf Nations League - Wired868 - April 6th, 2022
- Former minister calls for all hands on deck to save the youth - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2022
- FACE TO FACE: The women of Sankofa Flamingo - Bahamas Tribune - April 6th, 2022
- NOT ALL OF US: Bus drivers hit back on accusations of predatory behaviour rampant in the industry - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2022
- Students are urged to stay away from gangs and violence - Bahamas Tribune - April 6th, 2022
- Vacation rentals segment sees nearly 50 percent room nights sold boost in February - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2022
- DPM: Government to add VAT to vacation rental cost - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2022
- Grand Bahama hosts hundreds of tourists on Wednesday - Magnetic Media - April 6th, 2022
- Government Signs Agreement to expand the use of solar energy in The Bahamas - Magnetic Media - April 6th, 2022
- The Pandemic Has Made Island Life Even More Appealing - The New York Times - April 6th, 2022
- The history of sailing in The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - March 31st, 2022
- Bragg's ORYX Gaming iGaming Content now Live in the Bahamas with Island Luck - Business Wire - March 31st, 2022
- Tennessee Resort Looks Like Something You Would See In the Bahamas - See Photos - wkdq.com - March 31st, 2022
- The wonders of world's biggest ship - Puerto Rico to the Bahamas - Belfast News Letter - March 31st, 2022
- Prince William hints that royals will not stand in way of Bahamas becoming republic - New York Post - March 27th, 2022
- Hanna-Martin tells royals The Bahamas will be victorious on all fronts - EyeWitness News - March 27th, 2022
- A ROYAL NO: Rev. Campbell says royal visit sets The Bahamas back 100 years - EyeWitness News - March 27th, 2022
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Belize, Jamaica and The Bahamas - The Royal Family - March 27th, 2022
- For a Motivational Speaker, It Took Years to Feel Worthy of His Love - The New York Times - March 27th, 2022
- Bahamas orders halt to financial operations with sanctioned Russian entities - Reuters Canada - March 17th, 2022
- How quiet can it be in The Bahamas? Plenty quiet - Troy Media - March 17th, 2022
- Bahamas 'on cutting edge' with hotel mask relaxation - Bahamas Tribune - March 17th, 2022
- Initiatives undertaken are proof of Bahamas commitment to addressing climate change, health matters amongst women - Magnetic Media - March 17th, 2022
- Murders on the rise: Bahamas record 28 murders in Q1 of 2022 | Loop Caribbean News - Loop News Caribbean - March 17th, 2022
- MOVING ON: Government and BREA agree on way forward following valuation concerns - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- Guests, MLB Greats and Bahamians Step Up to the Plate in Freeport - Cruise Industry News - March 17th, 2022
- 21 Best Airbnbs in Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Across the Caribbean - Cond Nast Traveler - March 17th, 2022
- Haitian migrants are coming ashore in the Florida Keys at a faster pace than last year - WTSP.com - March 17th, 2022
- WE NEED ANSWERS: PM slams former administration for little to no checks and balances - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- THREE-PEAT: BTC's JA Company wins product of the year competition with Island Tycoon game - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- LABOR: Recommendation being formulated for minimum wage increase - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- Expect an Excellent Read from Mother Pratts NEW BOOK, From the Pit to the Palace - Magnetic Media - March 17th, 2022
- Statement For The Recommencement of Regattas and Homecomings - Magnetic Media - March 17th, 2022
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Not Feeling this year's International Women's Day we are still not there! - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- Abaco schools to receive new teachers, some students return to face-to-face this week - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- HE IS MY UNCLE, I LOVE HIM: Grandson of strangled woman does not believe her son is responsible for her death - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- SUDDEN DEATH TO MURDER: Autopsy reveals 84-year-old woman strangled - EyeWitness News - March 17th, 2022
- WRONG, UNLAWFUL AND SHOULD END: The Bahamas denounces ... - February 28th, 2022
- Economy of the Bahamas - Wikipedia - February 28th, 2022
- Bahamas will work to reduce impact of climate change but needs help - PM - Reuters - February 28th, 2022
- Boat of the Week: Meet Vivace, a 102-Foot Superyacht Perfect for Cruising the Bahamas - Robb Report - February 28th, 2022