(Photo : SpaceX)
SpaceX's most prolific and veteran drone ship finally departed Port Canaveral several days right after the preparations seem to have begun. It is a few-thousand-mile travel period starting from Florida, with California as the leading destination.
The drone ship is famous for its name -- Of Course, I Still Love You (OCISLY).
Its name came from one of the late Iain Banks' books called "Culture Universe." This specific drone ship took part in supporting its first Falcon booster landing back in March 2016, and it successfully recovered one booster after two months.
Within the span of five years after its inaugural ocean landing, OCISLY has successfully assisted 52 attempted Falcon booster landings. It also recovered Falcon 9's first stages 45 times, and all of its recoveries occurred in the deep areas of the Atlantic Ocean.
Before OCISLY's launch, another drone ship called Just Read The Instructions (JRTI) was transferred from the Port of Los Angeles to Port Canaveral. It was then inspected and gravely upgraded from August 2019 to May 2020.
SpaceXrelocated it to give their East Coast fleet a new pair of drone ships, enabling a launch boost that is otherwise unachievable. This decision ultimately allowed SpaceXto use both of the drone ships efficiently.
As a result, they got a total of 35 successful booster recoveries in just 12 months ever since JRTI entered the mission, together with OCISLY on the East Coast.
However, the private space agency once again needs a drone ship on the West Coast to support their rising polar Starlink launches, and missions for the U.S. government. It is essential to know that they just finished two launches outside Vandenberg Air/Space Force Base or VAFB within the last 24 months.
Read Also: SpaceX's Starlink to Power and Improve In-Flight WiFi, Talks with 'Several' Airlines - Aviation Satellite-Powered Internet Coming?
According to Teslarati, SpaceX targets one VAFB launch each month. The first phase of the Starlink constellation, 4,400 satellites, will need at least two dozens of dedicated Falcon 9 launches to complete three shells of polar-orbiting spacecraft.
When the constellation is finally hooked with laser interlinks, the polar-orbiting Starlink satellites will officially assist SpaceX in delivering internet anywhere within the Earth's vicinity. At the same time, they can also start enabling access to rising markets focused on in-flight and maritime connections.
Teslarati mentioned that NextSpaceFlight and SpaceXFleet.com's Michael Baylor recently confirmed that the OCISLY drone ship would travel to the Bahamas right before flying to the Panama Canal.
Based on his statement, he added that OCISLY would be transferred by a semi-submersible, heavy-lift apparatus called Mighty Servant One.
Despite having usual duties such as lifting numerous stacked barges and building-sized gas and oil equipment, Mighty Servant One will now transport the drone shop throughout the Panama Canal, going to Port of Long Beach.
The reason behind it is not precisely apparent.
However, using a transporter such as Mighty Servant One could expedite the entire journey by at least 30% despite being expensive. It also makes placing a 53-meter-wide barge right through a 55-meter-wide canal easier to process. The trip also allows SpaceXto stay true to their schedule, kicking off West Coast Starlink by July.
Related Article: Sirius XM Digital Radio Satellite Successfully Returned by Falcon 9, Acing Nighttime Landing at Sea
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Fran Sanders
2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Go here to see the original:
- The Alternative Adult: Bahamas Massachusetts Daily Collegian - The Massachusetts Daily Collegian - October 9th, 2021
- ACCESS APPROVED: Bahamas vaccinations to be reconized by UK as of October 11 - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- MSC Seashore to make debut in Bahamas next month - Breaking Travel News - October 9th, 2021
- PAHO: Population becoming more relaxed as vaccination increases, some infected not testing - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- The Sand Dollar: Digital Currency Of The Bahamas - Global Finance - October 9th, 2021
- The legacy of Ivan and The Punch - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried on decision to move company to Bahamas - The Global Herald - The Global Herald - October 9th, 2021
- BFSB announces new executive committee and Board of Directors - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- Irie the Cat Woman tells of her passion for caring - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- Another 57000 doses of vaccine by early November - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- OPPOSITION: Speech from the Throne ignores seriousness of fiscal situation - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- DIANE PHILLIPS: The Punch and the power of one - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- Religion in The Bahamas - Wikipedia - October 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas: A Close but Unfamiliar US Partner - War on the Rocks - October 7th, 2021
- What's New In The Bahamas In October - PRNewswire - October 7th, 2021
- Corcoran expands into the Bahamas with latest affiliate - Inman - October 7th, 2021
- MSC Seashore to Be Named at Ocean Cay in The Bahamas on Nov. 18 - Cruise Industry News - October 7th, 2021
- Tracking the tropics: Sam falls apart as system emerges near the Bahamas - FOX 35 Orlando - October 7th, 2021
- Forecasters tracking area of development near the Bahamas - WESH 2 Orlando - October 7th, 2021
- Bahamas and Cuba intercept hundreds of Haitians at sea who were headed for U.S. - Reuters - October 7th, 2021
- READ: The full Speech from the Throne Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- Hurricane Matthew 5 year anniversary: Looking back at the storm & our impacts - WSAV-TV - October 7th, 2021
- SWORN IN: Over 1700 attendees at historical Speech from the Throne - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- Bahamas steam locomotive to pass through Peterborough this Sunday on its way from London to York - RailAdvent - Railway News - October 7th, 2021
- SPEECH FROM THE THRONE: Governor-General Sir Cornelius A Smith outlines the Government's Blue Print for Change - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- COVID-19 related deaths jump by 24, another 66 under investigation - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- An exquisite study of the man who documented North America's wildlife in the 18th century - Art Newspaper - October 7th, 2021
- PM says his administration committed to facilitating Fintech revolution - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- PM: Pay for COVID test policy likely to fall away with fulfilment of free testing pledge - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- UNDER REVIEW: Gibson not formally resigned, but indicated he will not return to WSC - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- How Many Islands Are In The Bahamas? - World Atlas - September 24th, 2021
- FTX Establishes Substantial Presence in the Bahamas and Appoints Ryan Salame as CEO - Yahoo Finance - September 24th, 2021
- 60 Minutes cameras capture world-record dive in the Bahamas - CBS News - September 24th, 2021
- Moody's downgrades The Bahamas' sovereign creditworthiness | Business - Jamaica Gleaner - September 24th, 2021
- HIGHER UP THE VAX LADDER: Bahamas could reach 30% vaccination rate in two weeks, says Fields - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- RECONSIDER: Int'l group suggests keeping travel health visa as Bahamas top spot for unvaxxed Americans - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- FTX expands to the Bahamas and Gibraltar - CoinJournal - September 24th, 2021
- COMMENDABLE: COG lauds Bahamas for defining features of a healthy democracy in snap election - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Venezuela congratulates The Bahamas on successful election day - Searchlight Newspaper - September 24th, 2021
- CEO Spotlight: Why Exuma Will See a Surge in Tourism and Real Estate in the Coming Years - CEOWORLD magazine - September 24th, 2021
- PROOF IN THE PUDDING: Former Cabinet minister claims Minnis admin's economic plan was working - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- BACK IN BUSINESS: Christie-era financial secretary to be returned to former post - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- A PUSH FOR BETTER FOR ALL: Bowleg looking to revolutionize the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Bahamas Elections reflect will of the people: Preliminary Statement, CARICOM Election Observation Mission - marketscreener.com - September 24th, 2021
- NOW REFINE IT: OAS commends election but notes limited progress on past recommendations - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Bahamas Ramps Up Already Robust Entry Requirements Due To ... - September 10th, 2021
- Versants Bahamas Family Island COVID-19 Rollout a ... - September 10th, 2021
- Houston Rockets arrive in Bahamas for pre-training camp work - Rockets Wire - September 10th, 2021
- United Airlines adding Cleveland Hopkins to Nassau, Bahamas service in December - cleveland.com - September 10th, 2021
- Back to The Bahamas in Honor of CHICOS 10th Anniversary - PRNewswire - September 10th, 2021
- Watch This MD-80 "Mad Dog" Cargo Jet Make A Crazy Zoom Climb Out Of The Bahamas - The Drive - September 10th, 2021
- Two years after Dorian, slow recovery progress in the Abacos - Travel Weekly - September 10th, 2021
- Ice Cube Talks Growing The BIG3, Playing In The Bahamas, & Popularizing 3-On-3 Basketball - HotNewHipHop - September 10th, 2021
- Oasis of the Seas resumes services, likely to make stop in Bahamas, St Maarten - WIC News - September 10th, 2021
- Disney family member joins environmentalists in calling for Disney to do better in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Have rethink on travel rules, please - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Via Hot New Hip Hop: Ice Cube Talks Growing The BIG3, Playing In The Bahamas, & Popularizing 3-On-3 Basketball BIG3 - BIG3 Basketball - September 10th, 2021
- Sustainability initiative to boost Bahamian tourism - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- WEATHER WATCH: Dangerous swells expected as Hurricane Larry continues to barrel across the Atlantic - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Travel to the Caribbean during COVID-19: What you need to know before you go - The Philadelphia Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- THAT'S ONLY ONE VOTE: FNM founding father disagrees with Ingraham's endorsement of Sands for PM - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Coach Stephen Jackson's Trilogy Takes Home Championship Title After The "Brawl in the Bahamas," Winning 50-45 - PRNewswire - September 10th, 2021
- THEY ARE THE CRISIS: Davis accuses FNM of employing voter suppression tricks - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- MSC Cruise Ship Approved by CDC to Restart Operations From Florida - Cruise Hive - September 10th, 2021
- What lies ahead for sports after the general election? - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Bahamas steam locomotive to pass through Hereford this Wednesday - RailAdvent - Railway News - September 10th, 2021
- Nearly 1/3 of all Lyford Cay Foundations 2021 scholarships go to technical training - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Sands: Country is on its knees - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- SETTING THE STANDARD: New project to strengthen tourism-based business certification systems - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- 3000 expected to vote in Grand Bahama today - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Bahamas: Cruise passengers 12 and over must be vaccinated for ... - August 24th, 2021
- Bahamas implements vaccine requirement for cruise ships to ... - August 24th, 2021
- The Bahamas Welcomes New Crystal Cruises Voyages Starting This Fall - PRNewswire - August 24th, 2021
- Adrian Fox Bahamas Stepped up to Help people of the Bahamas during Covid-19 - News Anyway - August 24th, 2021
- The Best Resort in Great Exuma, The Bahamas - Caribbean Journal - August 24th, 2021
- Virtual classes next week in The Bahamas NationNews Barbados nationnews.com - Nation News - August 24th, 2021
- Chef Marcus Samuelsson on Cultural Collaboration and His New Restaurant in the Bahamas - AFAR Media - August 24th, 2021
- INVESTOR INITIATIVE LAUNCHED: Red Lobster and Bahama MyFi first out the gate on ArawakX crowdfunding platform - EyeWitness News - August 24th, 2021
- How I and Other Young Activists Convinced The Bahamas to Do Away With Single-Use Plastics - Global Citizen - August 24th, 2021
- Bahamas announces general election eight months before the due date - WIC News - August 24th, 2021