6-Banner Sunday is Inside the Halls weekly newsletter in partnership withThe Assembly Call. Nearly 8,000 Indiana fans receive the newsletter each week. In addition to appearing each week on the site, you can also opt to receive 6-Banner Sunday by email. A form to subscribe via email is available at the bottom of this weeks 6-Banner Sunday.
Welcome to another edition of 6-Banner Sunday, a joint production betweenThe Assembly CallandInside the Hallwhere we highlight the five most essential IU basketball stories of the past week, plus take a look at how the other IU sports programs are doing.
One more offseason week is in the books, which means were now one week closer to the Mike Woodson era tipping off in Bloomington.
In the meantime, well keep you up to date on all of the most important stories involving your Hoosiers.
Lets get to this weeks:
Class of 2022 commit CJ Gunn suffers a broken wrist. Chris Reynolds tabbed to head NCAA DI mens basketball committee in 2022-2023 IUs new president Pamela Whitten tours the IU athletic campus Indiana adds UNC Asheville to its non-conference slate for 2021-22 Under a month until Indianas Bahamas trip Hoosier Roundup
Indianas lone commit for 2022, CJ Gunn, suffered a broken left wrist on Thursday while competing at the Peach Jam. The injury is not considered serious, but it may keep Gunn out of action for up to five weeks.
If there is a silver lining, the injury was to the left wrist and not Gunns shooting hand. Not only does that alleviate concern for lingering issues going forward, but it will also allow Gunn to continue to work on several skills during his recovery.
You can read more details on Inside the Hall: CJ Gunn suffers broken left wrist at Peach Jam
The success of former Indiana players continued this week when former Indiana guard, Chris Reynolds, was selected to chair the NCAA DI mens basketball committee.
Reynolds played at Indiana from 1989-1993 during one of the most successful stretches in IU history. He was on two Big Ten Championship teams in 1991 and 1993, and the Final Four squad in 1992.
Reynolds currently serves as the vice president for intercollegiate athletics at Bradley.
Some fun images came out of Bloomington this week when new Indiana University President Pamela Whitten took time to tour the Indiana athletics facility with AD Scott Dolson.
Whitten assumed her new post on July 1 and is no doubt getting a crash course in all things IU. With the recent success of so many of IUs athletic teams, she will have the good fortune of presiding over what many are calling a potential golden age of Indiana athletics.
President Whitten also displayed a pretty tight spiral on Twitter as she threw a little touchdown pass to Indiana Football coach, Tom Allen, during her tour of Memorial Stadium. Welcome to Hoosier Nation, President Whitten! Nice pass!
Another date on the non-conference schedule has been filled. Indiana will host UNC Asheville at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Dec. 29th.
UNC Asheville is a part of the Big South Conference and finished last season with a 10-10 record. Last season UNC-A was a fast-paced, high-scoring team, who struggled on the defensive end to keep their opponents from scoring. This should be an interesting matchup and a test for Indianas transition defense.
This addition brings the total of non-conference games for the Hoosier to eight.
Indianas much an anticipated trip to the Bahamas is less than a month away. It is scheduled for Aug. 10-16. While there, Indiana will play a pair of exhibition games against BC Mega, a professional team from Serbia. Indiana fans will get their first glimpse at a Mike Woodson-led Indiana team, and all the new additions on the roster for 2021-22.
The games are not slated to be televised, however, there will be no shortage of media coverage from the event with all of the buzz that is surrounding the Indiana Basketball program.
By Aaron (Ari) Shifron
Ali Patberg Named NCAA Woman of the Year Candidate Berger, Bezerra and Capobianco Named IU Athletes of the Year Indiana Ink: The Permanent Art of Indiana Football Tom Allen Named to Dodd Trophy Watch List Six Hoosiers Selected In MLB Draft Locked InJaquez Smith Aims To Be Receiver Ready High Expectations Loom Again for Indiana Mens Soccer Drew Johansens Divers Prepared to Challenge the World Crider Earns Spot on CoSIDA Academic All-America Division 1 Football Team
Thanks for your continued support for The Assembly Call. Well be back next weekend with a new roundup.
Now go enjoy yourself a 6-banner Sunday.
Go here to see the original:
- The Alternative Adult: Bahamas Massachusetts Daily Collegian - The Massachusetts Daily Collegian - October 9th, 2021
- ACCESS APPROVED: Bahamas vaccinations to be reconized by UK as of October 11 - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- MSC Seashore to make debut in Bahamas next month - Breaking Travel News - October 9th, 2021
- PAHO: Population becoming more relaxed as vaccination increases, some infected not testing - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- The Sand Dollar: Digital Currency Of The Bahamas - Global Finance - October 9th, 2021
- The legacy of Ivan and The Punch - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried on decision to move company to Bahamas - The Global Herald - The Global Herald - October 9th, 2021
- BFSB announces new executive committee and Board of Directors - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- Irie the Cat Woman tells of her passion for caring - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- Another 57000 doses of vaccine by early November - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- OPPOSITION: Speech from the Throne ignores seriousness of fiscal situation - EyeWitness News - October 9th, 2021
- DIANE PHILLIPS: The Punch and the power of one - Bahamas Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- Religion in The Bahamas - Wikipedia - October 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas: A Close but Unfamiliar US Partner - War on the Rocks - October 7th, 2021
- What's New In The Bahamas In October - PRNewswire - October 7th, 2021
- Corcoran expands into the Bahamas with latest affiliate - Inman - October 7th, 2021
- MSC Seashore to Be Named at Ocean Cay in The Bahamas on Nov. 18 - Cruise Industry News - October 7th, 2021
- Tracking the tropics: Sam falls apart as system emerges near the Bahamas - FOX 35 Orlando - October 7th, 2021
- Forecasters tracking area of development near the Bahamas - WESH 2 Orlando - October 7th, 2021
- Bahamas and Cuba intercept hundreds of Haitians at sea who were headed for U.S. - Reuters - October 7th, 2021
- READ: The full Speech from the Throne Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- Hurricane Matthew 5 year anniversary: Looking back at the storm & our impacts - WSAV-TV - October 7th, 2021
- SWORN IN: Over 1700 attendees at historical Speech from the Throne - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- Bahamas steam locomotive to pass through Peterborough this Sunday on its way from London to York - RailAdvent - Railway News - October 7th, 2021
- SPEECH FROM THE THRONE: Governor-General Sir Cornelius A Smith outlines the Government's Blue Print for Change - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- COVID-19 related deaths jump by 24, another 66 under investigation - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- An exquisite study of the man who documented North America's wildlife in the 18th century - Art Newspaper - October 7th, 2021
- PM says his administration committed to facilitating Fintech revolution - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- PM: Pay for COVID test policy likely to fall away with fulfilment of free testing pledge - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- UNDER REVIEW: Gibson not formally resigned, but indicated he will not return to WSC - EyeWitness News - October 7th, 2021
- How Many Islands Are In The Bahamas? - World Atlas - September 24th, 2021
- FTX Establishes Substantial Presence in the Bahamas and Appoints Ryan Salame as CEO - Yahoo Finance - September 24th, 2021
- 60 Minutes cameras capture world-record dive in the Bahamas - CBS News - September 24th, 2021
- Moody's downgrades The Bahamas' sovereign creditworthiness | Business - Jamaica Gleaner - September 24th, 2021
- HIGHER UP THE VAX LADDER: Bahamas could reach 30% vaccination rate in two weeks, says Fields - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- RECONSIDER: Int'l group suggests keeping travel health visa as Bahamas top spot for unvaxxed Americans - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- FTX expands to the Bahamas and Gibraltar - CoinJournal - September 24th, 2021
- COMMENDABLE: COG lauds Bahamas for defining features of a healthy democracy in snap election - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Venezuela congratulates The Bahamas on successful election day - Searchlight Newspaper - September 24th, 2021
- CEO Spotlight: Why Exuma Will See a Surge in Tourism and Real Estate in the Coming Years - CEOWORLD magazine - September 24th, 2021
- PROOF IN THE PUDDING: Former Cabinet minister claims Minnis admin's economic plan was working - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- BACK IN BUSINESS: Christie-era financial secretary to be returned to former post - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- A PUSH FOR BETTER FOR ALL: Bowleg looking to revolutionize the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Bahamas Elections reflect will of the people: Preliminary Statement, CARICOM Election Observation Mission - marketscreener.com - September 24th, 2021
- NOW REFINE IT: OAS commends election but notes limited progress on past recommendations - EyeWitness News - September 24th, 2021
- Bahamas Ramps Up Already Robust Entry Requirements Due To ... - September 10th, 2021
- Versants Bahamas Family Island COVID-19 Rollout a ... - September 10th, 2021
- Houston Rockets arrive in Bahamas for pre-training camp work - Rockets Wire - September 10th, 2021
- United Airlines adding Cleveland Hopkins to Nassau, Bahamas service in December - cleveland.com - September 10th, 2021
- Back to The Bahamas in Honor of CHICOS 10th Anniversary - PRNewswire - September 10th, 2021
- Watch This MD-80 "Mad Dog" Cargo Jet Make A Crazy Zoom Climb Out Of The Bahamas - The Drive - September 10th, 2021
- Two years after Dorian, slow recovery progress in the Abacos - Travel Weekly - September 10th, 2021
- Ice Cube Talks Growing The BIG3, Playing In The Bahamas, & Popularizing 3-On-3 Basketball - HotNewHipHop - September 10th, 2021
- Oasis of the Seas resumes services, likely to make stop in Bahamas, St Maarten - WIC News - September 10th, 2021
- Disney family member joins environmentalists in calling for Disney to do better in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Have rethink on travel rules, please - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Via Hot New Hip Hop: Ice Cube Talks Growing The BIG3, Playing In The Bahamas, & Popularizing 3-On-3 Basketball BIG3 - BIG3 Basketball - September 10th, 2021
- Sustainability initiative to boost Bahamian tourism - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- WEATHER WATCH: Dangerous swells expected as Hurricane Larry continues to barrel across the Atlantic - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Travel to the Caribbean during COVID-19: What you need to know before you go - The Philadelphia Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- THAT'S ONLY ONE VOTE: FNM founding father disagrees with Ingraham's endorsement of Sands for PM - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Coach Stephen Jackson's Trilogy Takes Home Championship Title After The "Brawl in the Bahamas," Winning 50-45 - PRNewswire - September 10th, 2021
- THEY ARE THE CRISIS: Davis accuses FNM of employing voter suppression tricks - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- MSC Cruise Ship Approved by CDC to Restart Operations From Florida - Cruise Hive - September 10th, 2021
- What lies ahead for sports after the general election? - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Bahamas steam locomotive to pass through Hereford this Wednesday - RailAdvent - Railway News - September 10th, 2021
- Nearly 1/3 of all Lyford Cay Foundations 2021 scholarships go to technical training - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- Sands: Country is on its knees - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- SETTING THE STANDARD: New project to strengthen tourism-based business certification systems - EyeWitness News - September 10th, 2021
- 3000 expected to vote in Grand Bahama today - Bahamas Tribune - September 10th, 2021
- Bahamas: Cruise passengers 12 and over must be vaccinated for ... - August 24th, 2021
- Bahamas implements vaccine requirement for cruise ships to ... - August 24th, 2021
- The Bahamas Welcomes New Crystal Cruises Voyages Starting This Fall - PRNewswire - August 24th, 2021
- Adrian Fox Bahamas Stepped up to Help people of the Bahamas during Covid-19 - News Anyway - August 24th, 2021
- The Best Resort in Great Exuma, The Bahamas - Caribbean Journal - August 24th, 2021
- Virtual classes next week in The Bahamas NationNews Barbados nationnews.com - Nation News - August 24th, 2021
- Chef Marcus Samuelsson on Cultural Collaboration and His New Restaurant in the Bahamas - AFAR Media - August 24th, 2021
- INVESTOR INITIATIVE LAUNCHED: Red Lobster and Bahama MyFi first out the gate on ArawakX crowdfunding platform - EyeWitness News - August 24th, 2021
- How I and Other Young Activists Convinced The Bahamas to Do Away With Single-Use Plastics - Global Citizen - August 24th, 2021
- Bahamas announces general election eight months before the due date - WIC News - August 24th, 2021