A three-year-old girl who has been plagued with painful eczema since birth has been cured by a 3.99 Boots moisturiser, her mother has claimed.
Evie-Rae's eczema left her bleeding, scratching and unable to sleep, the Nottingham Post reports .
Mother, Paige Sweeney, 23, from Strelley, Nottingham was desperate for a cure and took her little girl for countless appointments with a dermatologist, who prescribed the toddler antibiotics and steroid cream.
However despite attending appointments every eight weeks and trying a range of different medications, Evie-Rae's skin still flared up in painful rashes around her mouth, on her hands and in the creases at the back of her knees.
Paige decided to buy a 3.99 bottle of Child's Farm baby moisturiser from Boots while out shopping and within a week her daughter's skin had cleared up.
She said: "I've tried everything in an attempt to help Evie-Rae. She has had eczema since she was born, then when she was five weeks old she was diagnosed with a milk allergy.
"Her eczema was so painful that she didn't sleep through the night until she was two. She was constantly scratching and bleeding.
"We saw a dermatologist every eight weeks for two-and-a-half years, but nothing we tried seemed to work. It was awful to see her in so much pain."
She continued: "I saw the moisturising cream on the shelf in Boots and decided to give it a go. Evie-Rae also has a nut, soya and egg allergy, so we have to be careful with what we give her.
"Within a matter of days I could see her skin starting to clear up. I couldn't believe it. The NHS could save a fortune if they put it on prescription."
The unexpected reaction prompted Paige to post on Facebook - and the before and after images ended up being shared more than 40,000 times.
As a result, Childs Farm's founder Joanna Jensen, who launched the company in 2010 due to her own daughters' fine hair and sensitive skin, got in touch and paid Paige and Evie-Rae a visit.
Joanna said: "Paige and Evie-Rae's story is not uncommon to us - but they have shown how one small change can make all the difference.
"Since Paige shared her pictures on Facebook, the moisturiser sales have skyrocketed, flying off the shelves at the rate of one bottle per minute.
"I was delighted to meet Paige, her sister and Evie-Rae - it was the least I could do to thank them personally for sharing their experience with other parents, and doing wonders for our business.
"We are a small, rural business in Hampshire, competing in a space dominated by Global Pharmaceutical companies.
"We are constantly overwhelmed by the love and support we get for our brand from parents and their children - and all because I wanted to make bath time more fun and less itchy for my own girls."
View original post here:
Young mum praises 4 miracle moisturiser for 'curing' her little girl's ... - Mirror.co.uk
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - November 23rd, 2019
- CBS4s Frances Wang Brings Awareness To Skin Condition In Order To Help Others - CBS Miami - November 23rd, 2019
- What is cica? Everything a dermatologist wants you to know about this buzzy ingredient - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 23rd, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis linked to increased risk of atrial fibrillation - Dermatology Times - November 23rd, 2019
- Here's The Real Truth About Treating ADHD With Omega-3 Fish Oil Pills - ScienceAlert - November 23rd, 2019
- Evidence Growing That Eczema Itch More Than Skin Deep - Medscape - November 4th, 2019
- Itchy Skin Conditions And Mental Health Are Linked, And We Need to Talk About It - ScienceAlert - November 4th, 2019
- Eczema drug raises hopes of effective and long-lasting treatment - inews - October 27th, 2019
- Which emollients are effective and acceptable for eczema in children? - The BMJ - October 27th, 2019
- Eczema On The Face: How To Care For Your Skin Naturally - mindbodygreen.com - October 27th, 2019
- New drug developed in S'pore could provide full relief to eczema symptoms like redness & itching of skin - Mothership.sg - October 27th, 2019
- Norovirus to shigella and eczema the ultimate guide to protect your kids from winter bugs - The Sun - October 27th, 2019
- Baby Wipe Ingredient Linked To Eczema - Nonwovens Industry Magazine - News, Markets - Nonwovens Industry Magazine - October 27th, 2019
- Aldi brings back 'miracle' cream which parents swear cures children's eczema - and it costs 3.99 - Birmingham Live - October 27th, 2019
- Here's How 20 Years of Office Work Will Disfigure the Human Body - Futurism - October 27th, 2019
- 'I Tried Wet Wrap Therapy for Eczema, and It Helped Reset My Skin' - Everyday Health - October 20th, 2019
- Eczema Awareness Month 2019 - Everyday Health - October 20th, 2019
- Fragrances found in baby wipes and 'slime' among most common causes of skin allergies - Sydney Morning Herald - October 20th, 2019
- He Was Unbearably Itchy, but the Problem Wasnt in His Skin - The New York Times - October 20th, 2019
- Meet the Northern Ireland people battling eczema who are finally comfortable in their own skin - Belfast Telegraph - October 20th, 2019
- ANN & ROBERT H. LURIE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF CHICAGO: Painless Tape Strips Used to Detect Molecular Changes in Skin of Children with Eczema -... - October 20th, 2019
- Our top scientists and the discovery that could revolutionise cancer, eczema treatment - The Age - October 20th, 2019
- People with atopic eczema have more S. aureus bacteria in their skin - Mirage News - October 20th, 2019
- Chronic Itch: New Therapy, Complexities - MedPage Today - October 20th, 2019
- What Are the Benefits of Turmeric? - The New York Times - October 20th, 2019
- Should You Try an Elimination Diet to Determine the Root Cause of Eczema? - Everyday Health - October 12th, 2019
- Long-Term Dupilumab Safe, Effective in Adolescents with Atopic Dermatitis - Pharmacy Times - October 12th, 2019
- Pfizer Presents Positive Phase 3 Data at the 28th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology for Abrocitinib in Moderate to... - October 12th, 2019
- Eating Fish in Early Childhood Even Just Once a Week Reduces Risk of Disease - SciTechDaily - October 12th, 2019
- More Than Food: 4 Breast Milk Uses Other Than For Feeding Babies - International Business Times - October 12th, 2019
- Graphic pictures reveal the horror of eczema sufferer 'skinned alive ... - The Sun - August 25th, 2017
- When eczema gets you banned from driving a rideshare - Malay Mail Online - August 22nd, 2017
- Doctor: Eczema medications for children could have long-term side effects - WTSP 10 News - August 20th, 2017
- Eczema cure? Doing THIS at the gym could treat the debilitating skin condition - Express.co.uk - August 18th, 2017
- 5 All-Natural Remedies To Treat Eczema Without The Doctor - The Alternative Daily (blog) - August 14th, 2017
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Treatment - Mayo Clinic - August 14th, 2017
- Jailed teacher says 4-month-old baby got eczema due to poor prison conditions - Turkey Purge - August 11th, 2017
- Does Early Probiotic Supplementation Reduce Eczema, Asthma Development? - Monthly Prescribing Reference (registration) - August 10th, 2017
- Dermira Commits $135M for Global Rights to Roche Eczema Drug - Xconomy - August 9th, 2017
- Taking too many antibiotics to treat eczema may worsen your condition - Miami Herald - August 5th, 2017
- I Have a Rare Form of Eczema That Makes It Painful to Walk - Health.com - August 5th, 2017
- How to get rid of eczema, beat the itch and scratch cycle - The Standard - August 4th, 2017
- Goats milk is helping skin - Wellington Times - August 1st, 2017
- Eczema Can Take a Toll on Adults - WebMD - July 28th, 2017
- Many Eczema Patients Fear Using Steroid Creams - Newsmax - July 28th, 2017
- New Genetic Mutations Linked to Eczema - Pentagram - July 28th, 2017
- Eczema warning: Why you should never do this in the shower - Express.co.uk - July 28th, 2017
- Fear keeps many eczema patients from using steroid creams - Reuters - July 26th, 2017
- Top 5 Eczema Triggers You Should Know - Doctor NDTV - July 26th, 2017
- How Having Eczema on My Face Changed My LifeFor the Better - Health.com - July 22nd, 2017
- Clothes intertwined with nanotech will treat eczema - Phys.org - Phys.Org - July 21st, 2017
- Search for Eczema Relief Leads to Business Opportunities - New York Times - July 20th, 2017
- Skin doctor's top tips to help eczema sufferer's survive summer and five must-have remedies for under a tenner - The Sun - July 20th, 2017
- Controlling Eczema Flare-Ups in the Summer - Allergic Living - July 18th, 2017
- Keep these four tips in mind to manage eczema better in summer - Hindustan Times - July 15th, 2017
- Common eczema triggers and what you can do about them - AOL UK - July 13th, 2017
- How My Eczema Led to a Viral Infection That Nearly Killed Me - Health.com - July 12th, 2017
- What to Do If You Have Eczema on Your Hands - Information Nigeria - Information Nigeria - July 12th, 2017
- The Microbial Mystery Behind Eczema - Huffington Post Canada - July 10th, 2017
- My Eczema Was Under ControlUntil I Got Pregnant - Health.com - July 10th, 2017
- Clomid baby aspirin - How long does it take for clomid to start working - Van Wert independent - July 10th, 2017
- Scientists Home in on Eczema-Causing Germs - NBC News - NBCNews.com - July 7th, 2017
- Possible link found between eczema flare-ups and strain of bacteria - Medical Xpress - July 7th, 2017
- Dr. Cannaday's eczema cure, part 2 - Sedalia Democrat - July 5th, 2017
- How To Treat Eczema on Your Face - Men's Health - July 5th, 2017
- Penis after taking levitra professional - Levitra professional international mail order - Longboat Key News - July 5th, 2017
- Mum calls for 4 'miracle' cream that cured her baby's eczema to be ... - The Independent - June 29th, 2017
- A new innovative treatment for eczema could be on its way, researchers say - Netdoctor - June 29th, 2017
- Patient education: Atopic dermatitis (eczema) (Beyond the Basics) - June 28th, 2017
- Dr. Cannnady's eczema diagnosis and treatment - Sedalia Democrat - June 28th, 2017
- Link between eczema and heart disease disputed | Health24 - Health24 - June 28th, 2017
- 5 Things Someone With Eczema Wants You to Know - Eczema ... - Health.com - June 27th, 2017
- Do newborns need moisturizer? - Miami Herald - June 26th, 2017
- 5 Things People With Eczema Don't Want to Hear From You - Health.com - June 26th, 2017
- Yes, There's a Miracle Trick to Relieve Eczemaand It's Unbelievably Simple - Reader's Digest - June 26th, 2017
- The Solution for Skin Ailments Could Be Right Under Your Nose - New York Times - June 26th, 2017
- Sunlight could be key to eczema relief - InDaily - June 26th, 2017
- 8 Celebrities on How They Cope With a Serious Health Condition - Health.com - June 26th, 2017
- My Eczema Was So Debilitating, I Couldn't Sleep in a Bed for a Year - Health.com - June 23rd, 2017
- eczema in children - ACAAI - ACAAI Public Website - June 22nd, 2017