Pharmaceutical analysis is always advancing to improve drug discovery and safety. Its a branch of chemistry that deals with studying compounds to find, create, or test drugs. These scientists help keep people safe from dangerous chemicals while improving public health. As you might expect, this process can be challenging, so the industry is always looking for new technologies and techniques to improve itself. Here are five of the top pharmaceutical trends driving the sector today.
Discovering new drugs or ensuring current ones are safe can be a long, complicated process. At the same time, chemists want to move through the steps quickly to help people sooner. Automation can help speed up the process without compromising safety or quality.
Automatic data recording is one of the most helpful developments in lab automation. Chemists record everything to ensure experiments are accurate and repeatable, but doing so manually is slow and inconvenient. With new technologies, the tools they use can automatically record and organise this data, saving a lot of time.
Another advantage of automation is that robots and computers tend to be more precise than people. As a result, automation has led to more accurate results in drug research. People make mistakes, so using machines to run tests can prevent errors.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a growing trend across nearly every industry. You probably have an IoT device or two in your own home. In pharmaceutical analysis, these gadgets can help keep labs productive and safe.
One of the most significant use cases of the IoT in pharmaceuticals is smart personal protective equipment (PPE). There can be roughly 400 hazardous chemicals in a laboratory, but many workers forgo proper PPE. The IoT can monitor whether employees are actually using them, helping enforce safety regulations.
IoT connectivity in the lab also lets researchers control or monitor machinery remotely. Connected sensors can also alert lab workers if theres a mechanical error they should address. This kind of transparency and accessibility helps employees stay as productive as possible, leading to faster, more accurate results.
Its hard to think of an industry that artificial intelligence (AI) hasnt affected. Unsurprisingly, AI is one of the fastest-growing and exciting pharmaceutical trends today. Machine learning models can revolutionise drug discovery, helping chemists find potential new treatments faster than ever.
AI can simulate how different drugs would interact with a virus or other pathogen, finding potential treatments. Similarly, it can predict possible side effects in patients. AI-based decision-making like this helped Moderna develop their COVID-19 vaccine in record time.
Since AI automates and speeds up so much of the drug discovery process, it can also lower costs. Some reports estimate that AI could curb expenses by 70%, making vital medications far more affordable. While using this technology in pharmaceuticals is still a new trend, these benefits are helping it skyrocket.
Tech everywhere is getting smaller, and in pharmaceutical analysis, its getting microscopic. Nanotechnology, which is tech smaller than 1,000 nanometers, is a relatively new field for chemists but a growing one. Tools this small can detect changes in individual molecules, making research far more precise.
When scientists can manipulate chemicals on a molecular level, it opens a whole new world of possibilities. With less precise systems, researchers may not be able to change one part of a solution without affecting the rest. Nanotechnology also helps lab workers separate solutions into smaller parts to analyse the components individually.
Some researchers are looking into using nanotech for drug delivery, too. If technology could deliver medication through microscopic tools, it could remove the need for shots.
One of the less obvious recent pharmaceutical trends is a greater emphasis on cybersecurity. These companies and laboratories are valuable targets for cybercriminals, and they know it. In a recent survey, 70% of pharma companies said that cyber-threats are one of their top concerns.
Labs rely on technology, so a cyberattack could cause a lot of damage. As the threat of state-sponsored cyberattacks rises, this is a growing concern. Since the pharmaceutical industry is so massive, a successful attack could be profitable for the hackers.
Given these threats, pharmaceutical analysis companies across the globe have ramped up their cybersecurity. With more advanced security tools, these organisations can stay safe, keeping clients safe, too.
In an industry like pharmaceutical analysis, new technologies and practices can save lives. As such, change and advancement is standard in the sector. These five trends are just a small example of how medicine is moving forward for everyones benefit.
Written by Emily Newton, science and technology journalist, Editor-in-Chief of Revolutionized Magazin.
Follow this link:
- Potential of Nanotech Adoption in the EV Industry - Express Computer - June 9th, 2021
- New Treatment for Lung Infections in Cystic Fibrosis Up to 100,000-Fold More Effective - Contagionlive.com - June 9th, 2021
- Global Nanotechnology Market Competitive Analysis with Industry Demand and Growth Strategies 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - June 9th, 2021
- 'Whitest White' Paint Beats the Heat - Scientific American - May 22nd, 2021
- Nanotech Presenting at the Sidoti Virtual Microcap Conference for Investors on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - May 14th, 2021
- Superbug infections in poultry under the microscope - Poultry World - May 14th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Demand, Research and Top Leading Player to 2026 | COVID-19 Analysis | Airbus,Glonatech,Flight Shield,Lockheed... - May 14th, 2021
- IBM makes another major chip breakthrough in Albany - Times Union - May 11th, 2021
- Nanotechnology Market scrutinized in the new analysis - WhaTech - May 11th, 2021
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2026 | Dupont & Co., 3M Company, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Advanced Nano Products... - April 13th, 2021
- Taiwan Advanced Nanotech's (GTSM:6797) Solid Profits Have Weak Fundamentals - Simply Wall St - April 11th, 2021
- Nanotech increasing pace of development in Iran - Tehran Times - April 4th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2021-2027 Analysis by Industry Size, Share, Potential Growth, Demand and Forecast The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv... - April 4th, 2021
- University of Houston to install nanotech-coated air filters on campus to prevent COVID-19 spread - InnovationMap - March 31st, 2021
- Brain implant firm wins 12m with Manchester nanotech - The University of Manchester - March 31st, 2021
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to witness Huge Growth with Projected Airbus, NASA, Sila Nanotechnologies, Cella Energy The Bisouv... - March 31st, 2021
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market Insights 2021 Industry Overview, Competitive Players & Forecast 2027| Airbus, NASA, Sila... - March 31st, 2021
- Lithium Chile And Summit Nanotech Announce Signing of Definitive Agreement for Their Joint Pilot Project in Chile - Junior Mining Network - March 9th, 2021
- Glass Coatings Market will touch a new level in upcoming year with Top Key players like Arkema, Covestro, Opticote, NanoTech Coatings, CCM GmbH, PPG... - March 9th, 2021
- Healthcare Industry: Global Dip-pen Nanolithography Market 2020 Analysis By Regional, Outlook, Competitive Landscape Strategies And Forecast 2027... - March 9th, 2021
- Conductive Inks Market Assessment and Key Insights Analyzed till 2026| Keyplayers : DuPont., Sun Chemical Corp, PPG Industries, Henkel AG, and Applied... - February 22nd, 2021
- Global Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Masterbatches Market by Trends, Dynamic Innovation in Technology and Key Players| Unidym, Nanocyl, Cnano, canatu,... - February 8th, 2021
- Nanotech Announces Brand Protection Win from Canadian Vita - GlobeNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- Nanotech Powered Mass Testing Now the Key to Unlocking COVID-19 Lockdowns - PRNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- World Cancer Day: From Immunotherapy, vaccines to nanotech, new treatments that show promise against disease - Firstpost - February 6th, 2021
- Latest water purification technologies - top five - Water Technology - February 6th, 2021
- Indias world No. 3 in nanotech research, but... - Gadgets Now - January 17th, 2021
- Investment in AI and nanotech surges in wake of COVID-19 - IT Brief New Zealand - January 9th, 2021
- NS Nanotech Teams Up with Kryptolights to Offer Far-UVC Sterilization for a Host of Consumer and Commercial Applications - PR Web - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Industry COVID 19 Analysis, Growth Trends and Forecast 2020-2026: Glonatech, Flight Shield, Lockheed Martin,... - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market COVID 19 Increse Factors Outlook, Key Growth Trends on Ke Players and Forecast to 2026: Airbus, Glonatech, Flight... - January 9th, 2021
- 7 Nanotech Stocks To Buy With Huge Returns in Store - Investorplace.com - January 3rd, 2021
- NS Nanotech and UV Ray Lights Partner to Bring New UV Tech to Conferences and Corporate Events - PR Web - January 3rd, 2021
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces It Is Investigating Claims Against Sona Nanotech Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of... - November 29th, 2020
- Sona Nanotech Withdraws Health Canada Application For COVID-19 Test Due To Feedback From Regulator - The Deep Dive - November 29th, 2020
- Hull firm's nanotech solution aims to stop Covid spread in its tracks - Business Live - November 29th, 2020
- How Top Nanotechnology companies are contributing to fight against Covid-19 in India - APN News - November 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Research on Aerospace Nanotechnology Market (impact of COVID-19) with Top Players: Airbus , Glonatech , Flight Shield , Lockheed Martin, and... - November 29th, 2020
- CNTs Conductive Paste Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, and Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of... - November 29th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Protective Implant Coating Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Nanogate, Nanomech,... - November 29th, 2020
- Dynamic tattoos promise to warn wearers of health threats - yoursun.com - October 2nd, 2020
- A new nanotech wireless mobile phone charger is expected to enter Malaysia market by mid-2021 - TechNave - October 2nd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Aluminum Conductors Market 2025 Expected to reach Highest CAGR including major key players Bio-Gate, Cima NanoTech, Inframat,... - October 2nd, 2020
- The Future Of The Face Mask - Bluetooth, In-built Cooling, Nanotech Filters In The Mask As People Are Learning To Live With Covid-19 - Inventiva - July 21st, 2020
- Global Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials Market 2020 and estimated to grow in near Future, Growth, Supply Demand and Analysis by Types 2020-2027 - Cole... - July 21st, 2020
- Nanometals Market 2020 By Regional Trend and Growth Forecast To 2026| Reinste, Eprui Nanomaterials & Microspheres, Baikowski, ABC Nanotech, Amag... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market 2020 Applications, SWOT Analysis, Remarkable Growth and Competitive Landscape by 2025 -... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Market Innovative Report Growth impact over the forecast year 2020 to 2027 - 3rd Watch News - July 21st, 2020
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis to 2019-2025 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Nanotech injections successfully restore vision in blind rats - Digital Trends - July 15th, 2020
- These are 8 of the most fashionable face masks you can buy - from Nanotech to Reebok and Etsy - News Post Leader - July 15th, 2020
- Aircraft Nano Coating Market Report 2020: Acute Analysis of Global Demand and Supply 2025 with Major Key Player: AnCatt, Applied Thin Films,... - July 15th, 2020
- The evolution of how Marvel animated Iron Man - Business Insider Australia - July 15th, 2020
- Global Stretchable Conductive Material Market Report 2020 With Industry Positioning of Key Vendors : DuPont, 3M, Toyobo, Advanced Nano Products,... - April 14th, 2020
- Smoltek's subscription warrants TO 2 give the right to subscribe for shares with a 30 percent discount - marketscreener.com - April 14th, 2020
- Global Quantum Dots Market Research Report 2020-2025 - Breakdown by Healthcare, Optoelectronics, LED Lighting, Solar Modules, and Other End-use... - April 6th, 2020
- Metro Hits 52-week High on Campaign to Stop Hunger - Baystreet.ca - April 6th, 2020
- Nanotechnology Industry Insights & Outlook, 2020-2024 by Component, Application and Region - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market upcoming business reports on size, shares, stocks and many more | forecasting report 2026 - New Day... - March 4th, 2020
- In the Information Economy, Value Is Decreasingly In The Numbers - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - January 26th, 2020
- Global Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2020 : What are the key opportunities? - Weekly Wall - January 26th, 2020
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market will rise at the CAGR of 75.00% with Top Competitors DuPont & Co.,3M,Applied Nanotech ANP Corporation and... - January 18th, 2020
- Massive tender scam sucks in top officials - Zimbabwe Independent - December 18th, 2019
- Aluminum Heat Transfer Material Market Upcoming Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast from 2019-2025 | Alcoa, Granges, Applied Nanotech - The Connect... - November 30th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology in Medical Devices Market Industry analysis and forecast (2018-2026) - BeetleVersion - November 30th, 2019
- Renowned researcher, UTRGV professor blazes trail from Monterrey to White House to TedXMcAllen - Monitor - November 9th, 2019
- The Nanotechnology World Association is Launched to Foster Worldwide Collaboration Within This Promising and High Growth Sector - PR Web - October 24th, 2019
- Can Nanotechnology Be Used to Improve Access to Clean Water? - AZoNano - October 20th, 2019
- Acrylic Surface Coating Market 2019: Phenomenal Growth - Bio-Gate AG, Cima NanoTech, Nanophase Technologies Corporation - The State News - BBState - October 20th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology Market Future Outlook to 2025 Discussed in New Market Research Report - Markets Gazette - October 20th, 2019
- After years of setbacks, Uticas nanotech project gets $1 billion tenant - WSYR - September 27th, 2019
- Nanotech Security Retires $3.0 Million Note | Investing News Network - Investing News Network (registration) - August 25th, 2017
- Duke combines immunotherapy, tumor-roasting nanotech to vaccinate mice against cancer - Durham Herald Sun - August 25th, 2017
- Is Industrial Nanotech Inc (INTK)'s Triple EMA Building Momentum? - Evergreen Caller - August 25th, 2017
- Immunotherapy, Nanotech Combine to Kill Cancer Cells More ... - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - August 20th, 2017
- Share Performance Update on Nanotech Security Corp (NTS.V) - Morgan Research - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow ... - Markets Insider - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Demand for ... - PR Newswire UK (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- RMI Signaling Increased Momentum For Nanotech Security Corp (NTSFF) - Lenox Ledger - August 18th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Key Vendors are ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 16th, 2017