US government agencies needing high levels of information security can upgrade to use the latest cloud technologies to run their applications, thanks to a pair of new cloud infrastructure regions from Oracle. The cloud data center complexes are authorized against strenuous FedRAMP and Department of Defense requirements.
The two new cloud infrastructure regions are in Ashburn, Virginia, outside Washington, DC, and Phoenix, Arizona. They are part of Oracles goal to have 36 Generation 2 Cloud data center regions, offering services such as Oracle Autonomous Database, live by the end of 2020, including three additional dedicated regions to support Department of Defense agencies and contractors.
Cyberattacks in both the private and public sector are not only increasing in volume, but in sophistication, says Edward Screven, Oracles chief corporate architect. Business and government must evolve their approach to security and seize the opportunities presented by second-generation cloud architectures and advances in artificial intelligence. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure was engineered to do exactly that, and our FedRAMP authorization brings our best-in-class cloud infrastructure to the service of the government to help improve our nations response to cyberthreats.
Edward Screven, Oracles chief corporate architect.
FedRAMP, more formally known as the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, provides a standard approach to federal security assessments, authorizations, and monitoring of cloud services. With FedRAMP, once a cloud provider is approved to provide a set of services or applications to one branch of government, other departments can use that service without getting a new security authorization.
With FedRAMP authorization in place, a federal agency can more quickly move an application or database workload thats running in a government-run data center into Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Agencies can also build and launch new cloud-native applications directly on Oracles cloud.
Security Designed Deep into Gen 2 Cloud
In Oracles Generation 2 Cloud architecture, customers deploy workloads in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region, which consists of one or more fault-tolerant physical data centers within the same geographic area, connected with redundant, low latency, high bandwidth networks. Encrypted high-speed, high-bandwidth interconnects exist between regions, enabling cross-region replication for disaster recovery. Regions can connect to external data centers like those run by government agencies or companies, through encrypted high-performance networks.
Oracles Gen 2 Cloud Infrastructure was architected with security as well as performance in mind. For example, the software Oracle uses to manage its cloud lives on separate servers, isolated from the servers that run the government or business workloads. With that approach, Oracle does not see customer dataand customer code cannot access Oracles cloud control code.
Government agencies also can access Oracle Autonomous Database, announced in March 2018, which automatically takes care of formerly labor-intensive tasks such as backing up, tuning, patching, updating, and securing databases, reducing both cost and human error.
Oracle has a long history of service to the US government going back to the 1970s. Currently, more than 500 organizations at all levels of government use Oracle products and services for public sector clouds, data analytics, security, finance, and citizen services like contact centers and knowledge management.
Oracle's Gen 2 Cloud also includes a set of security services such as locking down customer tenancy to security policy defaults to help avoid insecure configurations; automating monitoring for security misconfiguration and anomalous activity; management for encryption keys, and other credentials or passwords. The Gen 2 Cloud also includes functionality designed to help detect and guard against web-application breaches and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Machine Learning and GPUs
The cloud also lets federal agencies tap the latest technology and analytics strategies, including applying artificial intelligence and machine learning. Those techniques often rely on GPU-based computinggraphics processing unitswhich are used for math-heavy tasks such as high-performance scientific computing, data analytics, and machine learning.
Government agencies can use the cloud to embrace new technologies and also to move existing data center applications to benefit from reduced operating costs, improved efficiencies, and increased scalability, says Scott Twaddle, vice president of product development for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Youve spent a lot of time developing those systems, training employees, and building processes that workthat investment spans years or even decades, Twaddle says. You dont want to throw that all away. Gen 2 Cloud lets you move those foundational systems to cloud, improve them, and use that as a launching pad to build the next generation of systems in the cloud. With Oracles Gen 2 Cloud Infrastructure, agencies and contractors can move some data center applications into the cloud right away, while keeping others in the data center, but linked to the cloudand move them later, if desired.
Read the rest here:
- Inside Red Hat: Its open source heritage means big opportunity in cloud computing - WRAL Tech Wire - June 1st, 2020
- Cloud Security: 5 Serious Emerging Cloud Computing Threats to Avoid - Security Boulevard - June 1st, 2020
- Competition for hybrid cloud space Cloud computing is evolving to attract more companies - Optocrypto - June 1st, 2020
- 'Cloud Computing Is One Of The Most Disruptive And Exciting Innovations'. - Express Computer - June 1st, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Service Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR by 2025 Top Players: Amazon, Salesforce.com, VMware, Savvis, Rackspace, IBM -... - June 1st, 2020
- 5 Things to Consider When Searching for Jobs in Cloud Computing - ITPro Today - June 1st, 2020
- HEALTHCARE CLOUD COMPUTING MARKET 2020 COMPETITIVE INSIGHTS, TRENDS AND DEMAND GROWTH TO 2027 3w Market News Reports - 3rd Watch News - June 1st, 2020
- Tencent to Invest $70 Billion in 'New Infrastructure' Supporting AI and Cloud Computing - Caixin Global - June 1st, 2020
- Cloud computing mode: What will be the trends for 2021 - ITProPortal - June 1st, 2020
- Research Report with COVID-19 Forecasts - Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2020-2024 | Development of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure to Boost Growth... - June 1st, 2020
- Covid-19 has hastened cloud migration - but don't move without a plan - Cloud Tech - June 1st, 2020
- Addressing IoT security challenges from the cloud to the edge - Urgent Communications - June 1st, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Outbreak on Cloud Computing Data Center It Asset Disposition Market 2020 Trends, Growth Opportunities, Demand, Application, Top... - June 1st, 2020
- Tag: Cloud Computing in Higher Education price - Cole of Duty - June 1st, 2020
- Tag: Cloud Computing in Higher Education Market - Cole of Duty - June 1st, 2020
- SaaS Cloud Computing Market Share Analysis and Research Report by 2025 - Express Journal - June 1st, 2020
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Worth Will Reach US$ 13 Bn According To Forecast By 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 1st, 2020
- O'Reilly Survey Reveals More than 88% of Organizations Use Cloud Computing - Business Wire - May 23rd, 2020
- Gartner: How and why cloud providers need to support their customers through Covid-19 - Cloud Tech - May 23rd, 2020
- Alibaba registers solid revenues in FY20 thanks to cloud computing and core retail businesses - FinanceFeeds - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in K-12 Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- Adobe Systems, Blackboard, Cisco, Ellucian, Dell EMC, Instructure,... - May 23rd, 2020
- How Securing the Tactical Edge Can Help Operators in the Field - FedTech Magazine - May 23rd, 2020
- How Coronavirus Pandemic Will Impact SaaS Cloud Computing Market Applications, Manufacturers, Trends Analysis and Forecast by 2028 - Jewish Life News - May 23rd, 2020
- New Report on Cloud Computing Market 2020 Industry Size, Growth, Global Scenario, Top Manufacturers and Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- The Connection Between Cloud Service Providers and Cyber Resilience - Security Intelligence - May 23rd, 2020
- Global trade impact of the Coronavirus Cloud Computing Stack Layers Market Augmented Expansion to Be Registered by 2019-2026 - News Distinct - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Development, Market Trends, Key Driven Factors, Segmentation And Forecast To 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- H3C Boosts Development of Heterogeneous Computing with NVIDIA - HPCwire - May 23rd, 2020
- Report Explained: How COVID-19 Has affected The Healthcare Cloud Computing Market? | Survey on Future Scope by 2029 - WaterCloud News - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market 2020: Demand Growth, Current Trends, Business Opportunities, Size, Share and Industry End User till 2025 -... - May 23rd, 2020
- IT spending on cloud infrastructure grows amid pandemic - Livemint - May 23rd, 2020
- Understanding The Hybrid Cloud Model - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - May 18th, 2020
- How Apples Fervent Push Into Cloud Computing Benefits You - iDrop News - May 18th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Automotive Market Size, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and... - May 18th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Service Market Expected to reach highest CAGR by 2025: Amazon, Salesforce.com, VMware, Savvis, Rackspace - News Distinct - May 18th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2020 | Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 | Top... - May 18th, 2020
- FedEx, Microsoft are teaming up to deliver packages, widening gap with Amazon - CNBC - May 18th, 2020
- Microsoft to invest $75mn in creating 1,500 jobs in AI, Cloud - Outlook India - May 18th, 2020
- Fog Computing Market to Witness A Staggering CAGR Of 65% Over 2017-2024, Healthcare Sector to Drive the Application Landscape 3w Market News Reports... - May 18th, 2020
- Cloud Computing ETFs to Gain on the New Normal Trends - Yahoo Finance - May 15th, 2020
- Benefits of cloud computing made clear by COVID - Raconteur - May 15th, 2020
- Why moving to the cloud requires a 'change of business philosophy': How to get it right - Cloud Tech - May 15th, 2020
- Illinois advances pioneering proposal for utility rate recovery of cloud computing investments - Utility Dive - May 15th, 2020
- ETF of the Week: WisdomTree Cloud Computing ETF (WCLD) - ETF Trends - May 15th, 2020
- Cloud Computing: The Recession Proof Stocks Hiding in Plain Sight - InvestorPlace - May 15th, 2020
- Cloud ETFs are all the rage as more people work from home - CNN - May 15th, 2020
- How to Secure the Intangible Cloud Native Security in the New Age - DevOps.com - May 15th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Analysis, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - News Distinct - May 15th, 2020
- Google Cloud Catches Up to AWS and Azure with VMware Offering - Virtualization Review - May 15th, 2020
- Cloud computing IaaS in Life Science Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Analysis, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - News Distinct - May 15th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Platform as a Service (PaaS) Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 15th, 2020
- How cloud is accelerating the growth of digital payments - TechHQ - May 15th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Security Software Market 2020 Emerging Growth, Application Analysis, Organization Size, Cost Analysis and Forecast to 2025 -... - May 15th, 2020
- IBM on its edge computing, telco cloud and 5G strategy - RCR Wireless News - May 15th, 2020
- How three tech giants are approaching edge computing - RCR Wireless News - May 15th, 2020
- Covid-19 Update What's driving the Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Growth? See with Prominent Players and High CAGR rate - Cole of Duty - May 15th, 2020
- Near, far, where-edge-er you areThe right edge for the right application - RCR Wireless News - May 15th, 2020
- Empowered Edge: The Next Evolution in Data Processing - Analytics Insight - May 15th, 2020
- Report: Apple on cloud computing hiring spree as it plays catch up with Amazon and others - 9to5Mac - May 12th, 2020
- Insights on the Worldwide Healthcare Cloud Computing Industry (2019 to 2025) - Impact of COVID-19 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Market Examination and Industry Growth till 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Platform as a Service (PaaS) Market 2020 Insights, Key Player's Competition, Trends, Sales, Revenue, Supply, Demand, Growth... - May 12th, 2020
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Is Likely To Witness A Healthy CAGR Growth of 11.8% By 2026 | Grand View Research, Inc - MENAFN.COM - May 12th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis | Cloud Services Brokerage Market 2020-2024 | Increasing Adoption of Cloud Computing to Boost Growth | Technavio... - May 12th, 2020
- Information Security in the Time of Covid-19 - Moving to the Cloud as a Cost-Cutting Measure Does Not Lessen Compliance Obligations - Lexology - May 12th, 2020
- Insights on the Worldwide Cloud Gaming Industry to 2025 - Featuring Nvidia, Intel & Google Among Others - GlobeNewswire - May 12th, 2020
- The future of gaming - Giuliano Giacaglia - Medium - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Market Manufacturers, Technology, Segmentation and Development Trends Forecasts to 2025. - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Deloitte and AWS to train 4,000 consultants in cloud skills - Which-50 - May 12th, 2020
- JTC provides 99.9% uptime, peace of mind for businesses on its cloud service - PotomacLocal.com - May 12th, 2020
- Apple enters the wave of cloud computing recruitment - NewsDio - May 12th, 2020
- - Oxford University and Amazon Web Services create a test-bed for cloud-based research - Design Products & Applications - May 12th, 2020
- The role of the data centre in the future of Data Management - Data Economy - May 12th, 2020
- New Innovation In Healthcare Cloud Computing Market With (COVID19) Impact Analysis, Top Companies Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends,... - May 12th, 2020
- Cisco Reports Earnings Wednesday. Heres What to Expect. - Barron's - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Security Software Market 2020 By Growth Projections, Demand, Power Construction and Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Cloud technology ETFs on brink of positive perfect storm - ETF Strategy - May 12th, 2020
- How AI is redefining cloud technology and delivering business efficiency - ITProPortal - May 12th, 2020
- How to future-proof IT for digital transformation - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 11th, 2020
- Cloud computing IaaS in Life Science Market Size 2020 | Top Companies, Growth Overview, Technology, Latest Trends and Forecast 2026 - Curious Desk - April 11th, 2020