by strick What is UNICUM? (Mi van az Unicum?) Also called the "Hungarian National Accelerator", Unicum is a bitter herbal liquer drunk mostly in Hungary and by Hungarians, although expats and tourists can (and often do) aquire a taste for it. It's a secret recipe of (i've heard) 23 or maybe (below it says) 40 herbal ingredients.
The "Time Out" guide to Budapest describes it as something like (i'm typing this from memory) smells like a hospital corridor, and as bitter as cold winter's night.
It doesn't go over well in the states, where Jaegermeister is about as adventuresome as people get. (To me, Jaegermeister tastes like green kool-aid with extra sugar.)
Drink it in shots, with a glass of soda water nearby, in case you need it.
One Hungarian T-Shirt calls it "The best stomach-strengthening liquor"! It's also considered a tonic, and it is theraputic for a great many ailments. Personally, I strengthen my stomach with it:)
Here's what some other web pages say about it:
And what is Unicum? Its exact composition cannot be revealed because the recipe is a secret... What may be disclosed, however, is that Unicum is a skilful blend of more than 40 carefully selected herbs and spices. The lengthy ageing process which takes place over 6 months in oak casks gives Unicum its inimitable bitter-sweet flavour and exotic bouquet. Unicum makes a perfect aperitif or dessert drink due to its beneficial and soothing effect on the stomach.
441. What is Conware? [jake/2006-12-22] 412. Interested in using Java in Debian? [jake/2004-08-28] 391. Is E.B. White of Strunk and White fame the same one who wrote Charlotte's Web? [overcode/2003-11-03] 339. R. U. ready to Impeach the Entire Political Mainstream and Dramatically Decrease the Threat of International Terrorism? [strick/2002-12-06] 319. why do i get an error "make: don't know how to make /usr/share/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop" when building a pkg on netbsd? [jesse/2002-08-10] 314. How can you talk to deaf people on the phone? (Thanks Mr. Jeff Young) [jake/2002-05-11] 244. Does Jeffrey read too many web comics each day? [strick/2001-06-06] 221. Where can I find information about odd places in San Francisco? [rupe/2001-06-04] 184. Just how many people are their, anyway? [les/2001-02-22] 168. What's the Official Fag Razor of the YAK? [strick/2001-01-29] 74. How many roads must a man walk down? [vonguard/2000-04-04] 73. How many Zelda games are there? [vonguard/2001-06-25] ( combee/2001-07-10 mennonite/2001-03-27 ) 64. Where are other sites about YAKS (the animals)? [strick/2000-02-20] 23. What is an extropian? [strick/2000-01-19] 16. Where are the SF Bay Area Cypherpunk physical meetings? [strick/2001-04-08]
Read the original:
- Blog - Tau Station - July 26th, 2017
- 6q - March 19th, 2017
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Wikipedia - February 5th, 2017
- [Release] BF1 Internal Hack - unknowncheats.me - January 4th, 2017
- Super Tasty Pumpkin Seeds Recipe - Allrecipes.com - January 3rd, 2017
- [Release] GTA:O Ultimatum Hack - unknowncheats.me - December 14th, 2016
- Deluxe Ham Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com - November 21st, 2016
- Architectural Design Philosophy - SFIA - July 18th, 2016