AMAZON founder Jeff Bezos is one of the richest men in history and could soon become the world's first trillionaire.
But who is the multi-billionaire Amazon founder, how did he start the gigantic tech company and what does he spend his money on?Here's what you need to know...
Jeff Bezos is the founder and CEO of online marketplace Amazon.
The businessman studied electrical engineering and computer science at Princeton University before working on Wall Street.
In 1994, Bezos, 56, founded Amazon from a garage - five years later he was named Time magazine's person of the year.
As well as Amazon the tech giant is the founder of Blue Origin, a company working to develop commercial space travel.
He also owns the Washington Post and is a volunteer firefighter.
Bezos is a massive Star Trek fan and had a cameo in the last movie, playing an alien Starfleet official.
Jeff Bezos is estimated to be worth over $140bn (112bn) and is on track to becoming the world's first trillionaire.
While the financial future looks bleak for many during the coronavirus crisis, it has never looked better for Bezos who has become even richer during the pandemic.
Amazon is now worth $1.1trillion with its shares hitting an all time high in April 2020.
It helped Bezos see his fortune grow by another $6.4billion.
Using data from the last five years of the Forbes Rich List, Comparisun worked out that Bezos' annual growth rate will make him a trillionaire in 2026 - when he is 62 years old.
The Amazon founder, who owns about 16 per cent of the business' shares, first featured in the Forbes rich list in 1998.
He became the richest man in history when his net worth reached 78bn ($105.5bn).
It made him the first person to amass a 12-digit fortune since Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who has given more than 44billion ($60billion) to charity, achieved the feat back in 1999.
Bezos wrote down the business plan for Amazon during a cross-country drive from New York to Seattle in 1994.
He initially set up the company in his garage after leaving his job at the hedge fund.
In May 2016, Bezos sold slightly more than one million shares of his holdings in the company for $671million (525million).
On August 4, 2016, he sold one million of his shares at a value of $756.7million (592.4million)
AMAZON CRIMEHow Saudi Prince 'taunted' Jeff Bezos over affair after 'hacking his phone'
Jeff Bezos married novelist MacKenzie Bezos in 1993 after meeting while working at a New York hedge fund.
They went on to have four children together.
On January 10, 2019, Bezos and wife MacKenzie revealed their 25-year marriage was over in a joint statement.
The divorce between the pair was finalised in April 2019, with Jeff keeping 75 per cent of the couple's stock amounting to about 81billion.
Since splitting, MacKenzie Bezos has stayed away from the limelight, while her former husband has become a fixture in the tabloids with Lauren Sanchez, his new girlfriend.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us email@example.com call 0207 782 4368. You canWhatsAppus on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Clickhereto upload yours.
Find Amazon discount and offer codes with The Sun Vouchers
See original here:
- Is Commercial Space Travel Finally Taking Off? BRINK News and Insights on Global Risk - BRINK - July 21st, 2020
- Twelve Must-Sees When the Smithsonian Reopens Udvar-Hazy Center July 24 - Smithsonian Magazine - July 21st, 2020
- Worried About Crowded Planes? Know Where Your Airline Stands - The New York Times - July 21st, 2020
- Does Your Company Have a Long-Term Plan for Remote Work? - Harvard Business Review - July 21st, 2020
- Travel to the stratosphere and back with Space Perspective in 2021 - Lifestyle Asia - July 21st, 2020
- ESO's virtual tour: Travel to outer space from the comfort of your home - Livemint - July 21st, 2020
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos adds $13 billion to his net worth in a single day - CNET - July 21st, 2020
- 5 design things to do July 20 - 26 - KCRW - July 21st, 2020
- The Morning After: Warner Bros. postponed the release of 'Tenet' indefinitely - Engadget - July 21st, 2020
- 6 things you didn't know about G Shock watches - We Are The Mighty - July 21st, 2020
- Did Ludacris Just Leak That 'Fast and Furious' Will Travel to Space? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 21st, 2020
- HMS Challenger: The voyage that birthed oceanography - BBC News - July 21st, 2020
- Space travel is giving the future of cryptocurrency a boost for one surprising reason - Express.co.uk - June 30th, 2020
- How will private space travel change the way we explore the Solar System? - BBC Focus Magazine - June 30th, 2020
- 5 Public Space Companies to Invest in Over the Next Decade - seattlepi.com - June 30th, 2020
- New Houston-made satellites to mimic versatility of the chameleon in space - Houston Chronicle - June 30th, 2020
- Relativity and 6K Partner to Develop AM Rocket Parts for Space Made from Sustainable Materials - PR Newswire UK - June 30th, 2020
- SpaceX news: EU to boost their space exploration to keep up with China and US - Express.co.uk - June 30th, 2020
- Virgin Galactic aims to evolve $15 billion business from space tourism - Business Insider - June 30th, 2020
- Resolution approved to urge feds to locate Space Command headquarters in Ohio - MahoningMatters.com - June 30th, 2020
- At Least 110 People Needed to Start Life on Mars, Space Expert Says - Yahoo News - June 30th, 2020
- Why go 'horse and buggy' to Mars when we could go supersonic? | TheHill - The Hill - June 30th, 2020
- Recapping the Historic First Half of 2020 - Morning Brew - June 30th, 2020
- SpaceX gearing up for another launch of Starlink broadband satellites this week - Spaceflight Now - June 30th, 2020
- Boeing tests Starliner parachutes ahead of second test flight - Digital Trends - June 30th, 2020
- 5 Best Films About Space Exploration (& 5 The Worst), Ranked According To IMDb - Screen Rant - June 30th, 2020
- First UK night out of lockdown camping in Northern Ireland - The Guardian - June 30th, 2020
- The story of Ed Dwight: the man who nearly became the first African-American to reach space - The Next Web - June 30th, 2020
- Senate approves resolution urging feds to locate Space Command headquarters in Ohio - The Center Square - June 30th, 2020
- New company Space Perspective wants to take you to the stratosphere via high-altitude balloon - The Verge - June 21st, 2020
- spaceship neptune is a balloon that will take you to the edge of space - Designboom - June 21st, 2020
- The end of food? 'Taste synthesizer' will transform space travel, dieting and sex - Daily Star - June 21st, 2020
- SpaceX to build floating space ports for rockets destined for the Moon and Mars, and for hypersonic travel to Earth - Up News Info - June 21st, 2020
- What's the science on the Emirates Mars Mission? - DW (English) - June 21st, 2020
- STREAMING WARS: Netflixs big-budget comedy Space Force has all the right ingredients, but fails to deliver the laughs - SaltWire Network - June 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus: Travel to Spain, and the 'second wave' - BBC News - June 21st, 2020
- Is this double-decker seat the future of airplane travel? - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Safe vacations and traveling during coronavirus: Advice to follow - TODAY - June 21st, 2020
- The Internets Most Censored Space - The New York Times - June 21st, 2020
- Virgin Galactic Stock Is Only for Astronauts and Speculators - InvestorPlace - June 21st, 2020
- Best Solar Eclipse Photos And YouTube Videos Of The Solstice Ring Of Fire From Around The World - Forbes - June 21st, 2020
- The amazon bond offering - Nairametrics - June 21st, 2020
- Satellites, outer space travel to be open for private companies in India: Govt - Livemint - June 13th, 2020
- Former astronaut becomes first person to visit both space and the deepest place in the ocean - CNN - June 13th, 2020
- Guest View: Despite space flight, there is no Planet B - The Register-Guard - June 13th, 2020
- Ask Ethan: How Does The Fabric Of Spacetime Expand Faster Than The Speed Of Light? - Forbes - June 13th, 2020
- Poem of the week: Sermon (for the Burial of Cassini) by Ella Frears - Telegraph.co.uk - June 13th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Space Tourism Market to Garner Astounding CAGR of 16.6% by 2025 Including Top Key Players- Space Adventures, EADS Astrium,... - June 13th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor: June 12, 2020 - West Hawaii Today - June 13th, 2020
- Have Scientists Found a Hybernation 'Button' for Humans? - The National Interest - June 13th, 2020
- Is It Risky To Ride In A Convertible? Go To A Casino? Travel With Kids? : Goats and Soda - NPR - June 13th, 2020
- Astronomer on why he is a 'frustrated martian', his love of the night sky and what the future holds for space travel - Times & Star - June 13th, 2020
- From Breakfast at Tiffanys to To Kill A Mockingbird, the best and worst examples of diversity in film - Evening Standard - June 13th, 2020
- What Space Travel Will Look Like in the Future - Earthly ... - June 9th, 2020
- WRITE TEAM: Space travel is back to once again give us faraway dreams - MyWebTimes.com - June 9th, 2020
- Former NASA astronaut Kathy Sullivan becomes first person to travel to space and ocean's deepest point - ABC News - June 9th, 2020
- Netflixs Space Force Just Exposed Animal Cruelty In Space Travel - LIVEKINDLY - June 9th, 2020
- You Can Now Tour the International Space Station From the Comfort of Your Home - Robb Report - June 9th, 2020
- This is the 'most ridiculously overvalued' trade in the travel space, strategist warns - CNBC - June 9th, 2020
- Evolution of 3rd, 4th and 5th Dimensions of Travel - Use Cases, Infrastructure Required, Application Areas, and Growth Opportunities -... - June 9th, 2020
- The Dangers of Space, Military Rivals and Other New Books to Read - Smithsonian.com - June 9th, 2020
- Here's how astronauts exercise in space without gravity - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 9th, 2020
- A group of enthusiasts has annotated the assembly code for the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon - Neowin - June 9th, 2020
- Faster-than-light travel: Is warp drive really possible? - BBC Focus Magazine - June 9th, 2020
- America Once Planned To Send An Apollo Spacecraft To A Soviet Space Station - Jalopnik - June 9th, 2020
- Trend report: nothing 'normal' about travel in the age of Covid-19 - Globetrender - June 9th, 2020
- Astronomer on why he is a 'frustrated martian', his love of the night sky and what the future holds for space travel - The Westmorland Gazette - June 9th, 2020
- Future Meeting Space explores customer needs and expectations on new event formats - Travel Daily News International - June 9th, 2020
- News: New Rotherham active travel projects - Rotherham Business News - June 9th, 2020
- Spain to extend restrictions on international travelers until June 15 - EL PAS in English - May 15th, 2020
- The 100 Series Finale Trailer Teases Screams, Space Travel, And Drastic Haircuts - Gizmodo Australia - May 15th, 2020
- On the Road Review: Ram 2500 Limited Crew Cab Diesel - Press Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Spains reeling tourism industry objects to travel restrictions - EL PAS in English - May 15th, 2020
- Virgin Galactic Is Grounded with No Profit and Little Revenue - InvestorPlace - May 15th, 2020
- Astronaut on how to survive isolation, and the future of space travel - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 14th, 2020
- Virgin Galactic Is a Solid Long-Term Bet on Space Travel Demand - InvestorPlace - May 14th, 2020
- Meet The Women Of The San Diego Art Prize - KPBS - May 14th, 2020
- Visual Artist Melissa Walter Makes Sense Of The Stars - KPBS - May 14th, 2020
- Astronauts experimented with Nickelodeon's slime in space - CNN - May 14th, 2020
- Virgin Group to sell shares of space venture to aid travel business - UPI News - May 14th, 2020