7th January 2020 12:22 AM ET
Sign up now for your TV newsletter!
On NBCs hit sci-fi series Manifest, Robert Vance was the NSA director who was giving the survivors of Flight 828 a hard time.
However, over the course of the first season, Vance came around and seemed to realize there were bad things afoot and started to help the passengers.
See, there were 11 missing passengers from Flight 828 that UDS took and was experimenting on. In the episode, Dead Reckoning, Michaela, Jared, Vance, Ben, and Fiona head to the warehouse hoping to find them.
When Cal shows up and finds a hidden door, a shootout takes place and the 11 missing passengers are freed. However, Vance, Jared, and Laurence are caught in an explosion and all of them die.
The funeral for Robert Vance takes place in the next episode, called Crosswinds.
As people should expect in science fiction, and especially science fiction that includes people seemingly escaping death, dont believe everything that you see.
In the first episode of Manifest Season 2, titled Fasten Your Seatbelts, Robert Vance turns out to still be alive.
As with any explosion that does not result in a dead body pulled out of the wreckage, never assume someone is dead. Remember, he was loaded into an ambulance and the police said he didnt make it. That does not mean it is true.
Robert Vance is a spy and he can disappear if he wants to, and that appears to be what the show pulled off as the second season begins.
Ben was taken near the end of the Manifest Season 2 premiere and he ended up face-to-face with Vance.
Now that Vance is presumed dead, he can help Ben and the passengers better than he could as a government employee. In an underground manner, and thanks to his experience as a spy, Vance could be their most valuable ally now.
Of course, Robert Vance was gone for a while and there is no telling what he was up to while everything was going down last season after his death.
Manifest airs on Mondays at 10/9c on NBC.
- Q&A: What is 'unmasking'? - The Southern - May 15th, 2020
- National Intelligence Report Shows The FBI Never Gets Warrants For Its Backdoor Searches Of NSA Collections - Techdirt - May 15th, 2020
- The NSA has Values and Baby Monitors Go Hi-Tech - CTech - May 15th, 2020
- Blame NSA for May 9 Disaster - Referee Wilson Sey, man in centre of the fateful game - GhanaWeb - May 15th, 2020
- A discovered malware sample uses code from the NSA and a Chinese hacking group - CyberScoop - May 11th, 2020
- The NSA Makes Ghidra, a Powerful Cybersecurity Tool, Open ... - May 11th, 2020
- NSA Ajit Doval packs in 3 blunt messages to Pak in daily PoK weather forecast - Hindustan Times - May 11th, 2020
- FISA Surveillance and Possible Reforms Are Back on the Senate's Agenda - Reason - May 11th, 2020
- Photos: Antoinette Terrones over the years | | santamariatimes.com - Santa Maria Times - May 11th, 2020
- NSA welcomes start of trade talks with the US - Darlington and Stockton Times - May 11th, 2020
- Covid-19 different from Tiananmen, China wont be able to tide over crisis: Ex-NSA Menon - ThePrint - May 11th, 2020
- Dismay, confusion over St. Paul Park charter school's impending closure - Bring Me The News - May 11th, 2020
- Shareholders Of National Storage Affiliates Trust (NYSE:NSA) Must Be Happy With Their 174% Total Return - Simply Wall St - May 11th, 2020
- Operation Jackboot: NSA Ajit Dovals brainchild that eliminated Hizbul Mujahideen chief Riyaz Naikoo - Times Now - May 11th, 2020
- NSA Web Shell Advisory and Mitigation Tools Published on GitHub - Computer Business Review - April 24th, 2020
- Odisha to invoke NSA for attacks against doctors and healthcare personnel - Economic Times - April 24th, 2020
- CIA, FBI and NSA justified in view Putin aimed to help Trump: report - Sydney Morning Herald - April 24th, 2020
- The reach of cyberattacks related to Covid-19 - Politico - April 24th, 2020
- Trainee IPS officer tests positive for coronavirus in MP - Outlook India - April 24th, 2020
- Pak Army says it is using all resources to combat coronavirus - Outlook India - April 24th, 2020
- Covid-19: Doctor, police officer attacked in MP village; three accused to be charged with NSA - Scroll.in - April 24th, 2020
- NSA stays connected through closure - The Suffolk News-Herald - Suffolk News-Herald - April 8th, 2020
- What is the National Security Act, (NSA),1980 and when is it imposed? - Jagran Josh - April 8th, 2020
- NSA Sheep Event and NSA Scotsheep 2020 postponed - Agriland.co.uk - April 8th, 2020
- Cantway and Williams get inducted into the Illinois NSA Hall of Fame - Kankakee Daily Journal - March 5th, 2020
- Joint Statement from DOS, DOJ, DOD, DHS, ODNI, FBI, NSA, and CISA on Preparations for Super Tuesday FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation - March 5th, 2020
- Ajit Doval's deployment to quell Delhi violence beyond NSA's role; here's why Modi had to rely on his Man... - Firstpost - March 5th, 2020
- US NSA says Indians have friends in America and White House - Economic Times - February 27th, 2020
- 'Inshallah, there will be complete harmony': Ajit Doval's outreach in east Delhi - Hindustan Times - February 27th, 2020
- Former NSA Security Advisor John Bolton Heading to NJ to Address Anti-Semitism by Republicans in Jackson Township - Shore News Magazine - January 25th, 2020
- US troops forewarned of Iran's missile attack by Iraq and NSA - Infosurhoy - January 10th, 2020
- Jewel v. NSA: On to the Ninth Circuit: 2019 Year in Review - EFF - December 30th, 2019
- NSA O'Brien on North Korea: 'We Have a Lot of Tools in Our Toolkit' - MRCTV - December 30th, 2019
- FISA Court Warned Multiple Times For Years About FISA Abuse and Yet Did Nothing Until Now Proving It's Another Obama Corrupted Institution - The Union... - December 30th, 2019
- Turkish Pro-Government Daily Yeni Akit: 'The "Great Satan" [The U.S.] Is Occupying The World With Bases' - Middle East Media Research... - December 30th, 2019
- The "Right to be Forgotten" doubles back and shoots the shark - Reason - December 3rd, 2019
- TM aims to be the first 5G standalone network in Malaysia - Malay Mail - December 3rd, 2019
- Honor s President Zhao Ming: NSA-Only 5G Phones Will Be Obsolete by Next Year - Gizchina.com - December 3rd, 2019
- 'NCIS': Why the Producers Ended Bishop's Marriage - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 30th, 2019
- NSA Backdoors and Bitcoin (2013) - 101Newsindustry - November 30th, 2019
- The worst cyber attack in DoD history came from a USB drive found in a parking lot - We Are The Mighty - November 30th, 2019
- New scheme to promote the diversity and tastes of sheep meat - Press and Journal - November 30th, 2019
- Edward Snowden says he searched CIA, NSA databases for proof of aliens - New York Post - October 24th, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE Last Punched Tape Crypto Key Rolls off the NSAs Machines - Computer Business Review - October 24th, 2019
- Honor V30 Is Coming in November with 5G SA & NSA support - gizmochina - October 24th, 2019
- Farm groups give cautious welcome to Brexit 'deal' - The Northern Farmer - October 24th, 2019
- Binaries and Brews: Jailbreak Security Summit convenes hackers on NSA's doorstep - CyberScoop - October 17th, 2019
- Facts and Figures of Active Stocks: National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA) - Stock Trends on Market - October 17th, 2019
- Space conflict will be a bigger challenge in future than nukes, says ex-NSA Narayanan - Liist Studio - October 17th, 2019
- 'Kicking out the adversary' is part of new Cybersecurity Directorate's mission, NSA says - CyberScoop - October 16th, 2019
- The Week That Will Be - Lawfare - October 16th, 2019
- What the Announced NSA / Cyber Command Split Means - August 25th, 2017
- Alleged stalker chops off girl's hand, to face NSA charge - The Hindu - August 25th, 2017
- CIA's secret spy tool helps agency steal data from NSA & FBI, WikiLeaks reveals - RT - August 25th, 2017
- What the Announced NSA / Cyber Command Split Means - Defense One - August 22nd, 2017
- Former NSA official named to M&T board - Buffalo News - August 22nd, 2017
- UP govt to use NSA, Goondas Act to curb power theft, award informers - Hindustan Times - August 22nd, 2017
- Bahrain rights groups accuse National Security Agency of torture - Reuters - August 22nd, 2017
- Trump elevates US Cyber Command, exploring split from NSA - CapitalGazette.com - August 20th, 2017
- Trump elevates Cyber Command, setting the stage for NSA separation - The Verge - August 20th, 2017
- The US Spy Hub in the Heart of Australia - The Intercept - August 20th, 2017
- Accused NSA leaker will get to see classified evidence in her espionage prosecution - The Augusta Chronicle - August 18th, 2017
- Trump Considering a Big Change for US Cyber Command - Fortune - August 18th, 2017
- Muzaffarnagar: NSA against three held under cow slaughter Act - The Indian Express - August 16th, 2017
- Former NSA Official: Dems' Russia Hacking Story Likely Bogus | Fox ... - Fox News Insider - August 15th, 2017
- NSA enforces regulation in bid to restrict Gaurka Singh's participation in multiple events - The Kathmandu Post - August 14th, 2017
- Russian hackers used leaked NSA hacking tool to spy on hotel guests - CSO Online - August 14th, 2017
- Film: The Tiny West Virginia Town Haunted by an NSA Secret - The Intercept - August 13th, 2017
- EFF Urges Supreme Court to Take On Unconstitutional NSA Surveillance, Reverse Dangerous Ruling That Allows ... - EFF - August 13th, 2017
- Russia's 'Fancy Bear' Hackers Used Leaked NSA Tool to Target Hotel Guests - WIRED - August 13th, 2017
- Russian group that hacked DNC used NSA attack code in attack on hotels - Ars Technica - August 11th, 2017
- BOMBSHELL: NSA Experts Say DNC 'Hack' Was Actually a Leak and Inside Job - LawNewz - August 11th, 2017
- In the Lab: SonicWall NSA 3600 Firewall Upgrade - StorageReview.com - August 11th, 2017
- You read that right, President Obama's UN Representative is believed to have made hundreds of unmasking requests. - American Center for Law and... - August 10th, 2017
- The Bitcoin Bubble: Hidden Risks And The NSA - Investing.com - August 10th, 2017
- I FOIA'd the NSA's Recycling Mascot, and Now I Have More Questions Than Answers - New York Magazine - August 9th, 2017
- NSA whistleblower discusses 'How the NSA tracks you' - CSO Online - CSO Online - August 8th, 2017
- NSA HR McMaster Exposed, Time is Short - Live Trading News - August 8th, 2017
- Separating NSA and CYBERCOM? Be Careful When Reading the GAO Report - Lawfare (blog) - August 8th, 2017
- Scuttlebiz: Separating Cyber from NSA could speed private-sector development in Augusta - The Augusta Chronicle - August 6th, 2017