JERUSALEM and MUMBAI, India, Dec. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --VOTIS Subdermal Imaging Technologies, Ltd., an Israeli corporation, and ii Ventures Private Limited (iiV), an Indian company, announced today that they have entered into a memorandum of understanding to develop a system to screen the largely rural Indian population for peripheral artery disease (PAD). The devices, which allow for the early detection of the disease before tangible symptoms appear, will utilize the same technology that VOTIS is building into other devices intended for use in the US and Europe.
"PAD afflicts between 41 and 54 million Indians. Many of these people are impoverished, illiterate, and lack access to good healthcare," said Alfred Arambhan, Co-Founder and Mentor of iiV. "There is a great need for a system that is convenient, accurate, and affordable. We have found it in the VOTIS technology."
"In India, access to healthcare among the rural population is extremely limited," Mr. Arambhan explained. "Preventative healthcare is especially difficult to implement.In poor rural communities, preserving feet is crucial. Since rural life is agricultural, when someone loses a foot to amputationhe is in a particularly desperate economic state, even as compared to the urban poor."
Mr. Arambhan continued, "India has been declared the Diabetic Capital of the world. Our initial plan is to establish VOTIS solutions in villages throughout India, and to create a robust and reliable platform for introducing and launching similar devices and solutions in the future. We are gratified that our plan has received encouragement and support from Governmental, private, and NGO sources in India."
"Our technology is especially suited for the Indian market," said Merrill Weber, Chief Executive Officer and President of VOTIS. "Our devices are entirely non-invasive and do not use X-rays (Roentgen) or other ionizing radiation. They are inexpensive and dependable. In India, the screening devices will enable easy, intuitive use. That will permit testing to be performed by technicians and nurses in the villages rather than medical doctors at hospitals or clinics. People found to have PAD will immediately be directed to specific locations where they can receive suitable medical treatment. With early disease identification and quick access to medical care, we expect incidence of PAD-related amputation to be reduced substantially."
Mr. Arambhan added, "We look to this planto be a game changer in the Preventive Health Care Space in India."
The VOTIS devices use vascular optical tomographic imaging, or VOTI, an imaging technology developed under the leadership of Prof. Andreas Hielscher, professor and chair of the newly-formed Department of Biomedical Engineering at the New York University Tandon School of Engineering. The technology was developed in Prof. Hielscher's biophotonics and optical radiology laboratory, which he ran as professor of biomedical engineering, radiology and electrical engineering at the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Columbia University.
VOTIS plans to release its devices commercially in 2022.
About VOTIS Subdermal Imaging Technologies, Ltd.
VOTIS Subdermal Imaging Technologies, Ltd. is an Israeli corporation that is developing a suite of devices that will be used to help diabetic patients keep their feet. The first device, the PedCheck, will be used to screen the feet of asymptomatic patients for PAD. If PAD is found, then the second device, the PedScan, will be used to stage and monitor disease progression and the impact of therapies applied by the patient's physician. The third device, the PedFlo, will be used during a revascularization procedure, in order to inform the practicing doctor regarding the level of blood flow in the foot. All three VOTIS devices use the same technology, software, and system architecture. They are safe, non-invasive, and free of ionizing radiation. More information is available at http://www.votis.net.
About ii Ventures Private Limited
ii Ventures Private Limited was Co-Founded and Mentored by Alfred Arambhan an early well-wisher of Israel India Business & Cultural relationship for the last 18 years. He is a Mumbai-based Serial Entrepreneur. Mr. Arambhan founded iiV to bring Israeli knowhow, technology, and experience to India in the Health, Agri, and Deep Tech space. iiV has been invited by a Singapore based US$50 Million fund to partner in their Business Plan. Mr. Arambhan's daughter, Pooja Armbhan, is CEO of iiV. She is an Israel-Asia Fellow who received her MBA from Tel Aviv University on a full scholarship from the Parasol Foundation.
For further information, contact: Merrill Weber Tel.: (312) 340-0895 Tel.: +972-(0)58-406-2386 Email: [emailprotected]
SOURCE VOTIS Subdermal Imaging Technologies, Ltd.
See more here:
- Global Automotive In-Cabin 3D Sensing Technology Market Report 2021: Market Penetration for Level 2 Cars and Expected Market Penetration for Level 3... - March 3rd, 2021
- Security Technology Strategies at the Core of Business Operations - SecurityInfoWatch - March 3rd, 2021
- CoSN2021: Technology in the Classroom Promotes Equity in Education - EdTech Magazine: Focus on K-12 - March 3rd, 2021
- Lumen Technologies to present at the Morgan Stanley 2021 Technology, Media and Telecom Conference - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - March 3rd, 2021
- Here's the Technology Government Needs in 2021 - Government Technology - March 3rd, 2021
- How criminal investigations have evolved along with technology - THV11.com KTHV - March 3rd, 2021
- Chatbots that resurrect the dead: legal experts weigh in on disturbing technology - The Next Web - March 3rd, 2021
- How technology can help us achieve at least 30% ocean protection (commentary) - Mongabay.com - March 3rd, 2021
- Recovering from the SolarWinds hack could take 18 months - MIT Technology Review - March 3rd, 2021
- Leading facial recognition technology provider Corsight AI announces expansion into the Asia Pacific region - PR Newswire India - March 3rd, 2021
- Microchip Technology Announces Changes to Its Board of Directors - GlobeNewswire - March 3rd, 2021
- Parallel Flight Technologies to Participate in the Federal Aviation Administration's BEYOND Program - PRNewswire - March 3rd, 2021
- Bryce Space and Technology Rebrands to BryceTech - Via Satellite - March 3rd, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions Announces Executive Team Expansion - Business Wire - March 3rd, 2021
- Unifrax, Backed by Clearlake Capital, Announces Lithium Ion Battery Anode Technology Coming Early Next Year - Business Wire - March 3rd, 2021
- How beers and Vikings gave Bluetooth technology its name - Yahoo Finance Australia - March 3rd, 2021
- Exro Technologies Inc. - Integrity Statement from the CEO - Yahoo Finance - March 3rd, 2021
- Relivion Wearable Brain Neuromodulation Technology Cleared by FDA for the Treatment of Migraine - Business Wire - March 3rd, 2021
- China eyes next-generation chip technology to take on global rivals - The Japan Times - March 3rd, 2021
- Need a break from technology? Participate in a National Day of Unplugging scavenger hunt - SILive.com - March 3rd, 2021
- Horizon Technology Finance Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results - PRNewswire - March 3rd, 2021
- Gary Wojtaszek, Former CEO of $12 Billion Data Center Technology REIT CyrusOne, to Join Quantum Loophole Executive Board - Business Wire - March 3rd, 2021
- Elys Game Technology Comments on the Status of Legislation to Legalize Single Event Sports Betting in Canada - Business Wire - March 3rd, 2021
- U.S. to Impose Sweeping Rule Aimed at China Technology Threats - The Wall Street Journal - February 27th, 2021
- What Technology Would Catch Your Eye If You Won the Lottery? - Drovers Magazine - February 27th, 2021
- Technology Landscape, Trends and Opportunities in the Global Motion Sensor Market, 2021 Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2021
- Learning from history: How forward-thinking legal professionals approach technology - JD Supra - February 27th, 2021
- Farm-Tested Technology a Win for Grower and Startup - Agweb Powered by Farm Journal - February 27th, 2021
- Facebook is 'looking at' facial recognition technology for upcoming smart glasses, executive confirms - CNBC - February 27th, 2021
- Leveraging Technology to Manage Big Data in Antitrust - JD Supra - February 27th, 2021
- KULR Technology forms partnership with the CSA Group to develop a new battery safety standards - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - February 27th, 2021
- AMSE and Dept. of Energy partner to teach history of technology and science in Oak Ridge - WBIR.com - February 27th, 2021
- Camp Hill-based company to use partnership to develop technology platforms for client institutions - PennLive - February 27th, 2021
- Integrating nature with technology to strengthen climate adaptation - Daily Planet` - February 27th, 2021
- Proposals to meet global challenges in artificial intelligence and technology regulation - Brookings Institution - February 27th, 2021
- Is Technology Changing The Real Estate Industry? - BOSS Magazine - February 27th, 2021
- Engineering student's technology could revolutionize the use of drones - University of Miami - University of Miami - February 27th, 2021
- Ideas, technology and a fire in the gut fuel young entrepreneurs - Jacksonville Daily Record - February 27th, 2021
- Technology and Art of Light in the Spotlight: Artists from around the World Gather at Shenzhen International Light Art Forum - PRNewswire - February 27th, 2021
- Chevron launches $300 million fund to focus on low-carbon technology - Reuters - February 27th, 2021
- Sweden's KTH Royal Institute of Technology Selects Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Build New Supercomputer to Advance Academic and Industrial Research -... - February 27th, 2021
- 10 Information Technology Stocks With Unusual Options Alerts In Today's Session - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2021
- Dots and Bridges Launches New YouTube Channel to the Highlight the Technology, Humanity and Culture Intersection - Business Wire - February 27th, 2021
- Desert Storm attack pilot integrates 30-years of tactics with new technology - Robins Rev Up - February 27th, 2021
- The Pellicano Hotels Group Selects Lybra as a Preferred Technology Partner, Implementing Lybra's Assistant RMS in all 3 of Their Luxury Properties in... - February 27th, 2021
- Is It Time To Consider Buying Amkor Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMKR)? - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2021
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2021 - MIT Technology Review - February 25th, 2021
- New Year, New Technology Priorities - Ward and Smith, PA - February 25th, 2021
- Technology and Innovation Report 2021 - UNCTAD - February 25th, 2021
- Wearable Technology Market Expected to Exceed $74 Billion By 2026 As Wellness Craze Kicks into High Gear - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- OneConnect Financial Technology and Singapore Exchange collaborate to address the region's ESG reporting needs - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- GRAPHISOFT Empowers Mission of 400 Forward as Official Software and Technology Partner - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- Taking future wireless technology from science fiction to scientific reality - Penn State News - February 25th, 2021
- CRN Names BetterWorld Technology to 2021 MSP 500 List in the Pioneer 250 Category - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- GSCW chat recap: Naeem Zafar on using technology to feed the world - FreightWaves - February 25th, 2021
- What Old Technology Do You Think Is Cool? - The New York Times - February 25th, 2021
- New brain scan technology hopes to help people recover from addiction - WBIR.com - February 25th, 2021
- How Technology Will Fuel the COVID-19 Vaccine Administration - Healthcare IT News - February 25th, 2021
- Rackspace Technology Named Cloudflare Worldwide MSP Partner of the Year - GlobeNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- Lattice and Future Electronics Collaborate on Virtual Technology Sessions for Machine Learning/AI, Embedded Vision, and Secure System Control -... - February 25th, 2021
- Baldwin-Whitehall's Peretin named Technology Administrator of the Year - TribLIVE - February 25th, 2021
- Christian Poellabauer appointed to lead new Applied Analytics and Emerging Technology Lab at Notre Dame - ND Newswire - February 25th, 2021
- The 6th Wave of Advertising Technology: Privacy - AdExchanger - February 25th, 2021
- Global Hydrogen Aircraft Market and Technology Forecast to 2029 - Featuring BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter and Boeing Among Others -... - February 25th, 2021
- Northern Refrigerated Transportation Adds SmartDrive Video-Based Safety to Technology Suite - Business Wire - February 25th, 2021
- How Nanoemulsion Technology Is Drastically Affecting the Food & Beverage Industry - PRNewswire - February 25th, 2021
- AI could have profound effect on way GCHQ works, says director - The Guardian - February 25th, 2021
- Analog Devices, University of Limerick and Stripe Collaborate to Leverage Software Technology for the Transformation of Engineering Education -... - February 25th, 2021
- Adhesive Tapes Market Research Report by Resin Type, by Technology, by Backing Material, by Category, by End-use Industry - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - February 25th, 2021
- NUBURU Establishes Advisory Board of Seasoned Technology Experts - Business Wire - February 25th, 2021
- Joby Aviation to List on NYSE Through Merger With Reinvent Technology Partners - Business Wire - February 25th, 2021
- The U.S. Needs a Federal Department of Science and Technology - Scientific American - February 21st, 2021
- Treasure hunting with technology add geocaching to your outdoor activities during COVID-19 - ABC27 - February 21st, 2021
- AIM Institute Offers Free Introduction to Technology Course to Demystify IT - kneb.com - February 21st, 2021
- SAG-AFTRA Leaders Explore Promises & Threats Of New Technologies And Their Impact On Residuals Labor Innovation & Technology Summit -... - February 21st, 2021
- Mobilaris & Lule University of Technology working together to improve AI-based positioning in mining - International Mining - February 21st, 2021
- Apple is already working on developing 6G wireless technology - Ars Technica - February 21st, 2021
- Local buses equipped with technology said to remove 99.9% of COVID-19 from air - WTAE Pittsburgh - February 21st, 2021
- Why Osprey Technology Acquisition Stock Popped Again Today - Motley Fool - February 21st, 2021
- Meet College of Health Sciences and Technology Dean Yong 'Tai' Wang - RIT University News Services - February 21st, 2021