It's been a crazy start to 2021 with the innovation ecosystem being especially busy. For this reason, Houston innovation news may have fallen through some of the cracks.
In this roundup of short stories within Houston innovation, Greentown Labs makes a big announcement, new accelerator programs open applications, a UH-born technology wins big, and more.
Greentown Houston is opening next month. Photo via GreentownLabs.com
Last Earth Day, the City of Houston launched its first Climate Action Plan. This Earth Day, the Greentown Houston is opening its doors. On Thursday, April 22, from 2 to 3:30 pm, Greentown Labs is hosting a virtual event to mark the grand opening.
At the event, attendees will be able to meet startups that are a part of the program, hear from energy and civic leaders, catch the latest Greentown partners, and watch the building's ribbon cutting. The event is free and registration is open.
"Greentown Houston is our first out-of-state expansion, and we have already welcomed more than 20 startup members and more than 20 Founding and Grand Opening partners," reads a recent announcement from Greentown. "Located in the city's Innovation District, Greentown Houston will provide more than 40,000 sq. ft. of prototyping lab, office, and community space for about 50 climatetech startups, totaling 200-300 employees."
The Rice Alliance Clean Energy Accelerator's inaugural cohort will be held virtually but will eventually be housed in The Ion.. Courtesy of Rice University
The Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship has opened applications for its inaugural cohort for the recently announced Clean Energy Accelerator. The program will be held virtually this summer from June to September but will eventually be hosted out of The Ion.
At the conclusion of the program, the cohort will present in a Demo Day in conjunction with the 19th annual Rice Alliance Energy Venture Forum.
Applications are due by April 14 and interested parties can apply online.
A UH-born device won a $25,000 investment at a SXSW event. Photo via UH.edu
A University of Houston professor took home an innovation prize and $25,000 investment from the Southwest National Pediatric Device Innovation Consortium's Pediatric Device Prize at this year's SXSW. The UH-born device is the Pediatric Lower-Extremity Gait System known as P-LEGS which is a mobility assistant, rehabilitation platform and diagnostic tool designed to help children with motor disabilities. It won one of two prizes out of 18 devices.
The principal investigator for the project, Jose Luis Contreras-Vidal, is a Hugh Roy and Lillie Cullen Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the director of UH's BRAIN Center. Other team members include graduate student lead, David Eguren, as well as Alexander Steele, Yang Hu, Krishna Sarvani Desabhotla, Swagat Bhandari, Lujayna Taha, Nivriti Sabhnani, and Allen Shen.
"We were excited and honored to have been selected by the SWPDC for this award," Eguren says in a news release. "The award will be valuable in helping us continue device development and testing."
Halliburton Labs is looking for its next cohort. Photo courtesy of Halliburton
A new corporate accelerator has announced that its latest round of startup applications is open. Halliburton Labs looking for startups for its next cohort, and applications are due on April 23.
"We're excited to identify technology entrepreneurs with ready-to-scale solutions in energy generation, storage, distribution, conservation, and the circular economy," says Dale Winger, managing director of Halliburton Labs, in a news release. "Our program provides critical resources, including technical and operational expertise across numerous hardware disciplines and a global business network, to help participants advance their products, prepare for further scale and position for additional financing."
Halliburton Labs will make their selections by the ongoing program's pitch day, which is slated for May 21. The Halliburton Labs Finalist Pitch Day will be a part of the Houston Tech Rodeo.
To apply to participate, click here.
This is the first high-resolution, color image to be sent back from NASA's Perseverance Mars rover after its landing Feb. 18, 2021. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
The Translational Research Institute for Space Health known as TRISH recently announced seven new members to its Scientific Advisory Board. The Houston-based, NASA-funded organization is focused on cultivating space health innovations.
"We are at the cusp of space becoming more accessible to regular people. We are working toward safeguarding the health of all humans -- astronauts exploring deep space and people with preexisting conditions that want to experience space for short periods," says TRISH Director Dorit Donoviel. "TRISH's diverse advisory board members will help us focus our resources on the most impactful health technology and science innovations."
According to a press release, the newly appointed members are:
They join existing members:
- Nanotech Presenting at the Sidoti Virtual Microcap Conference for Investors on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - May 14th, 2021
- Superbug infections in poultry under the microscope - Poultry World - May 14th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Demand, Research and Top Leading Player to 2026 | COVID-19 Analysis | Airbus,Glonatech,Flight Shield,Lockheed... - May 14th, 2021
- You Need to Know About the Top 5 Trends in Pharmaceutical Analysis - EuroScientist - May 14th, 2021
- IBM makes another major chip breakthrough in Albany - Times Union - May 11th, 2021
- Nanotechnology Market scrutinized in the new analysis - WhaTech - May 11th, 2021
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2026 | Dupont & Co., 3M Company, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Advanced Nano Products... - April 13th, 2021
- Taiwan Advanced Nanotech's (GTSM:6797) Solid Profits Have Weak Fundamentals - Simply Wall St - April 11th, 2021
- Nanotech increasing pace of development in Iran - Tehran Times - April 4th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2021-2027 Analysis by Industry Size, Share, Potential Growth, Demand and Forecast The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv... - April 4th, 2021
- Brain implant firm wins 12m with Manchester nanotech - The University of Manchester - March 31st, 2021
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to witness Huge Growth with Projected Airbus, NASA, Sila Nanotechnologies, Cella Energy The Bisouv... - March 31st, 2021
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market Insights 2021 Industry Overview, Competitive Players & Forecast 2027| Airbus, NASA, Sila... - March 31st, 2021
- Lithium Chile And Summit Nanotech Announce Signing of Definitive Agreement for Their Joint Pilot Project in Chile - Junior Mining Network - March 9th, 2021
- Glass Coatings Market will touch a new level in upcoming year with Top Key players like Arkema, Covestro, Opticote, NanoTech Coatings, CCM GmbH, PPG... - March 9th, 2021
- Healthcare Industry: Global Dip-pen Nanolithography Market 2020 Analysis By Regional, Outlook, Competitive Landscape Strategies And Forecast 2027... - March 9th, 2021
- Conductive Inks Market Assessment and Key Insights Analyzed till 2026| Keyplayers : DuPont., Sun Chemical Corp, PPG Industries, Henkel AG, and Applied... - February 22nd, 2021
- Global Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Masterbatches Market by Trends, Dynamic Innovation in Technology and Key Players| Unidym, Nanocyl, Cnano, canatu,... - February 8th, 2021
- Nanotech Announces Brand Protection Win from Canadian Vita - GlobeNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- Nanotech Powered Mass Testing Now the Key to Unlocking COVID-19 Lockdowns - PRNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- World Cancer Day: From Immunotherapy, vaccines to nanotech, new treatments that show promise against disease - Firstpost - February 6th, 2021
- Latest water purification technologies - top five - Water Technology - February 6th, 2021
- Indias world No. 3 in nanotech research, but... - Gadgets Now - January 17th, 2021
- Investment in AI and nanotech surges in wake of COVID-19 - IT Brief New Zealand - January 9th, 2021
- NS Nanotech Teams Up with Kryptolights to Offer Far-UVC Sterilization for a Host of Consumer and Commercial Applications - PR Web - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Industry COVID 19 Analysis, Growth Trends and Forecast 2020-2026: Glonatech, Flight Shield, Lockheed Martin,... - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market COVID 19 Increse Factors Outlook, Key Growth Trends on Ke Players and Forecast to 2026: Airbus, Glonatech, Flight... - January 9th, 2021
- 7 Nanotech Stocks To Buy With Huge Returns in Store - Investorplace.com - January 3rd, 2021
- NS Nanotech and UV Ray Lights Partner to Bring New UV Tech to Conferences and Corporate Events - PR Web - January 3rd, 2021
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces It Is Investigating Claims Against Sona Nanotech Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of... - November 29th, 2020
- Sona Nanotech Withdraws Health Canada Application For COVID-19 Test Due To Feedback From Regulator - The Deep Dive - November 29th, 2020
- Hull firm's nanotech solution aims to stop Covid spread in its tracks - Business Live - November 29th, 2020
- How Top Nanotechnology companies are contributing to fight against Covid-19 in India - APN News - November 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Research on Aerospace Nanotechnology Market (impact of COVID-19) with Top Players: Airbus , Glonatech , Flight Shield , Lockheed Martin, and... - November 29th, 2020
- CNTs Conductive Paste Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, and Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of... - November 29th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Protective Implant Coating Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Nanogate, Nanomech,... - November 29th, 2020
- Dynamic tattoos promise to warn wearers of health threats - yoursun.com - October 2nd, 2020
- A new nanotech wireless mobile phone charger is expected to enter Malaysia market by mid-2021 - TechNave - October 2nd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Aluminum Conductors Market 2025 Expected to reach Highest CAGR including major key players Bio-Gate, Cima NanoTech, Inframat,... - October 2nd, 2020
- The Future Of The Face Mask - Bluetooth, In-built Cooling, Nanotech Filters In The Mask As People Are Learning To Live With Covid-19 - Inventiva - July 21st, 2020
- Global Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials Market 2020 and estimated to grow in near Future, Growth, Supply Demand and Analysis by Types 2020-2027 - Cole... - July 21st, 2020
- Nanometals Market 2020 By Regional Trend and Growth Forecast To 2026| Reinste, Eprui Nanomaterials & Microspheres, Baikowski, ABC Nanotech, Amag... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market 2020 Applications, SWOT Analysis, Remarkable Growth and Competitive Landscape by 2025 -... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Market Innovative Report Growth impact over the forecast year 2020 to 2027 - 3rd Watch News - July 21st, 2020
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis to 2019-2025 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Nanotech injections successfully restore vision in blind rats - Digital Trends - July 15th, 2020
- These are 8 of the most fashionable face masks you can buy - from Nanotech to Reebok and Etsy - News Post Leader - July 15th, 2020
- Aircraft Nano Coating Market Report 2020: Acute Analysis of Global Demand and Supply 2025 with Major Key Player: AnCatt, Applied Thin Films,... - July 15th, 2020
- The evolution of how Marvel animated Iron Man - Business Insider Australia - July 15th, 2020
- Global Stretchable Conductive Material Market Report 2020 With Industry Positioning of Key Vendors : DuPont, 3M, Toyobo, Advanced Nano Products,... - April 14th, 2020
- Smoltek's subscription warrants TO 2 give the right to subscribe for shares with a 30 percent discount - marketscreener.com - April 14th, 2020
- Global Quantum Dots Market Research Report 2020-2025 - Breakdown by Healthcare, Optoelectronics, LED Lighting, Solar Modules, and Other End-use... - April 6th, 2020
- Metro Hits 52-week High on Campaign to Stop Hunger - Baystreet.ca - April 6th, 2020
- Nanotechnology Industry Insights & Outlook, 2020-2024 by Component, Application and Region - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market upcoming business reports on size, shares, stocks and many more | forecasting report 2026 - New Day... - March 4th, 2020
- In the Information Economy, Value Is Decreasingly In The Numbers - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - January 26th, 2020
- Global Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2020 : What are the key opportunities? - Weekly Wall - January 26th, 2020
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market will rise at the CAGR of 75.00% with Top Competitors DuPont & Co.,3M,Applied Nanotech ANP Corporation and... - January 18th, 2020
- Massive tender scam sucks in top officials - Zimbabwe Independent - December 18th, 2019
- Aluminum Heat Transfer Material Market Upcoming Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast from 2019-2025 | Alcoa, Granges, Applied Nanotech - The Connect... - November 30th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology in Medical Devices Market Industry analysis and forecast (2018-2026) - BeetleVersion - November 30th, 2019
- Renowned researcher, UTRGV professor blazes trail from Monterrey to White House to TedXMcAllen - Monitor - November 9th, 2019
- The Nanotechnology World Association is Launched to Foster Worldwide Collaboration Within This Promising and High Growth Sector - PR Web - October 24th, 2019
- Can Nanotechnology Be Used to Improve Access to Clean Water? - AZoNano - October 20th, 2019
- Acrylic Surface Coating Market 2019: Phenomenal Growth - Bio-Gate AG, Cima NanoTech, Nanophase Technologies Corporation - The State News - BBState - October 20th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology Market Future Outlook to 2025 Discussed in New Market Research Report - Markets Gazette - October 20th, 2019
- After years of setbacks, Uticas nanotech project gets $1 billion tenant - WSYR - September 27th, 2019
- Nanotech Security Retires $3.0 Million Note | Investing News Network - Investing News Network (registration) - August 25th, 2017
- Duke combines immunotherapy, tumor-roasting nanotech to vaccinate mice against cancer - Durham Herald Sun - August 25th, 2017
- Is Industrial Nanotech Inc (INTK)'s Triple EMA Building Momentum? - Evergreen Caller - August 25th, 2017
- Immunotherapy, Nanotech Combine to Kill Cancer Cells More ... - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - August 20th, 2017
- Share Performance Update on Nanotech Security Corp (NTS.V) - Morgan Research - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow ... - Markets Insider - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Demand for ... - PR Newswire UK (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- RMI Signaling Increased Momentum For Nanotech Security Corp (NTSFF) - Lenox Ledger - August 18th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Key Vendors are ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 16th, 2017
- Focusing the Lens on Nanotech Security Corp (NTS.V) Shares: Technical Update - JCTY News - August 14th, 2017
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to grow at a ... - E News Access (press release) - August 13th, 2017
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market - Trends and Forecasts by Technavio - Business Wire (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Taking Aim at NanoTech Gaming Inc (NTGL) Shares - FLBC News - August 11th, 2017