Gary McDonald Business Editor
13 April, 2021 01:00
CO Down medical devices company TG Eakin and the north coast rival it bought late last year have both filed accounts showing healthy increases in sales and profitability.
Comber-based Eakin, which supplies ostomy and wound care products around the world, acquired Coleraine device manufacturer Armstrong Medical.
Documents filed at Companies House show that in the year to the end of March 2020, Eakin's sales rose by around 1 million to 34.6m, and its retained profit came in at just shy of 13m.
In its last full trading year Armstrong, which manufactures a range of respiratory product, saw its revenues rise by 33 per cent to 18.8m while pre-tax profits soared by 89 per cent from 2.6m to 4.3m.
The unification of the two companies creates a powerful global player in healthcare, with both having a significant focus on export.
Indeed of Eakin's turnover, just over 7 per cent (about 2.6m) is sold within the UK, with 15.3m of sales in Europe and 16.7m in the rest of the world.
For Armstrong, more than half its output (nearly 11m) goes to territories outside the UK.
At the time of the acquisition in December Eakin - which had 85 staff on its books in 2020 and a wages bill of 3.5m (an average salary of 41,000) - said the move represented a major diversification, marking its entry into a new therapeutic area.
Armstrong has a staff of 173, to whom it paid 6,317,064 last year, or an average salary of 36,500.
Tom Eakin founded the the Eakin Healthcare Group in 1974 after encountering patients experiencing problems with disposable ostomy pouches. He went on to design a manufacture his own seal and along with his sons Paul and Jeremy, went on to market their products worldwide.
The company, which exports to more than 30 countries through a network of 40 distributors, is today run by his two sons Jeremy (53) and Paul (58), who have previously featured in the Sunday Times Rich List with a wealth of 300 million.
John Armstrong originally set up his firm in 1984 after recognising a need to develop critical care products, particularly for patients suffering from lung injuries due to the impact of bomb blasts.
It went on to develop a range of acute respiratory care products for critical, perioperative and neonatal care, exporting to more than 60 markets.
Last year it completed a 26,000 sq ft extension to its warehouse and manufacturing facilities at its main site at Wattstown business park in Coleraine.
Read the original here:
- Cannabis industry group pushes 'green seal' and tax credits - Times Union - July 29th, 2021
- Sealand: The extraordinary tale of a micronation off the Suffolk coast where you can become a duke or duchess - Cambridgeshire Live - July 29th, 2021
- 10 game releases to look out for in August 2021 - Animation Xpress - July 29th, 2021
- Lawrence County Courthouse exterior project to be finished in October - Ellwood City Ledger - July 29th, 2021
- A-10 Warthogs Are About To Operate From A US Highway For The First Time - The Drive - July 29th, 2021
- What Is Killing The Birds? - Union County Daily Digital - July 29th, 2021
- Certified American Grown is Honored to have Congressional Resolutions Introduced to Celebrate American Grown Flowers and Foliage Month -... - July 29th, 2021
- The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal - Midweek Herald - July 29th, 2021
- HOPING TO BE TUFF ENOUGH | Jamestown Press - Jamestown Press - July 29th, 2021
- Review: You'll lose your head over a great Dev Patel and dazzling 'The Green Knight' - USA TODAY - July 29th, 2021
- 'Foul smell' that has plagued a Chester road for years is back - Cheshire Live - July 21st, 2021
- People living on Welsh border tormented by smell likened to dead bodies and human waste - North Wales Live - July 21st, 2021
- The big business of nobility titles - The Hustle - July 21st, 2021
- Few efforts to derail WU TRAIN BAKER lays out federal COVID relief spending plan Where is JANEY'S REPORT on PATRICK ROSE? - Politico - July 21st, 2021
- Pidlite Industries appoints Sudhanshu Vats as deputy managing director - Mint - July 21st, 2021
- City of Jackson is set to replace its seal, and it's saying goodbye to Andrew Jackson and his horse - WSYM-TV - July 14th, 2021
- Toughest Summer Job: Repairing asphalt in the heat - WeAreGreenBay.com - July 14th, 2021
- Is Breaking the Seal a Real Thing When Drinking Alcohol? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - July 14th, 2021
- How to turn past-their-best summer berries into a refreshing drink recipe - The Guardian - July 14th, 2021
- Acosta on Trump Appearing at CPAC: 'Take Your Fake White House Seal and Go Play President Somewhere Else - Mediaite - July 14th, 2021
- East Morgan County Library News: Collection is full of items of all kinds for check out - Fort Morgan Times - July 14th, 2021
- 'Wherever you go, you can make a friend' | Hometown Heroes 2021 | beacononlinenews.com - The West Volusia Beacon - July 14th, 2021
- Great White Sightings Are Up But You Can Avoid A Shark Attack With Common Sense, Say Experts - Forbes - July 14th, 2021
- County Durham women on 4x4x48 run to beat pancreatic cancer - The Northern Echo - July 14th, 2021
- Opportunities in India's Trade and Investment with Iran - India Briefing - July 14th, 2021
- Keypoint Intelligence Awards Canon, Epson, and HP with BLI Summer 2021 A4 Picks - PR Web - July 14th, 2021
- LBUSD sees massive summer school enrollment, and it's more than remedial classes Long Beach Post News - Long Beach Post - July 12th, 2021
- Chester 10k 2021: What runners and residents need to know - The Chester Standard - July 12th, 2021
- Home Sweet Home Chicago (06/26/21) David Hochberg with MEGAPros Joe, Tom Jahnke with Builder Supply Outlet, Roy Spencer from Perma-Seal, and the VP... - June 28th, 2021
- Kill Cliff Releases Limited Edition Commemorative Cans Celebrating 10 Years Of Giving Back To The Navy SEAL Foundation - BevNET.com - June 28th, 2021
- GOP Congressional Candidate Used Campaign Funds to Take Part in Capitol Breach - Truthout - June 28th, 2021
- 2 ex-O.C. sheriffs deputies who are twin brothers admit to military leave fraud costing taxpayers nearly $50K - KTLA - June 28th, 2021
- A GOP candidate used leftover cash from his failed congressional campaign to pay for a trip to the Capitol riot, report says - Yahoo News - June 28th, 2021
- For history and culture lovers, there's no place like Sitka - Anchorage Daily News - June 28th, 2021
- What is the Colombia Check-MIG Form and How You Can Get It - Luxury Travel Magazine - June 28th, 2021
- Blackfish: how captive killer whale documentary ended SeaWorld's orca breeding programme - The Conversation UK - June 23rd, 2021
- Surge testing in two areas of Chester amid 'alarming' rise in Covid rate - The Chester Standard - June 20th, 2021
- David Athertons dressing recipes for summer salads - The Guardian - June 20th, 2021
- Seal season's a busy time for rescue groups, but not all washed-up pups are in need - ABC News - June 20th, 2021
- The 2021 SCO International Round Table was held in Lianyungang, Jiangsu - PRNewswire - June 20th, 2021
- 'The Office' trivia, Father's Day fishing: 15 events, things to do in Spring and Klein in June, July - Community Impact Newspaper - June 20th, 2021
- Calls for inquiry into legislated and approved animal deterrents following Tasmanian seal deaths - ABC News - June 20th, 2021
- Sid the salmon-eating seal "not having an effect" on fish in the River Wye - South Wales Argus - June 20th, 2021
- This Video Of A Baby Seal's First Swim Lesson Will Melt Your Heart Into A Puddle - NDTV - June 20th, 2021
- FreightWaves Classics: Port of Los Angeles is the nations busiest! - FreightWaves - June 15th, 2021
- How to Witness the Rare Polar Solar Eclipse - AFAR Media - June 15th, 2021
- Boyd Expands Global Footprint With State-of-the-Art Facility in Vietnam - I-Connect007 - June 15th, 2021
- Great white sharks preparing to return to Cape Breton | Saltwire - SaltWire Network - June 15th, 2021
- Portion of Cousino Rd. to be repaved in LaSalle - Monroe Evening News - June 13th, 2021
- Flag Day 2021: New Jersey's connection to the Stars and Stripes - NorthJersey.com - June 13th, 2021
- Nothing compares to the first local luscious strawberries of the season - Farming Life - June 13th, 2021
- Boyd Corporation Expands Global Footprint With State-of-the-Art Facility in Vietnam - Business Wire - June 13th, 2021
- Airway Heights prison guard gets 2 months for smuggling drugs inside. Prisoner who received the drugs? He got 56 months. - The Spokesman-Review - June 13th, 2021
- Seven years in prison for chief mate of cargo vessel where Philly feds found record 20 tons of cocaine - The Philadelphia Inquirer - June 13th, 2021
- J.B. Webb Bassmaster Classic will be one to remember - Sherman Denison Herald Democrat - June 13th, 2021
- Principality of Sealand - Become A Lord Or Lady With Sealand - June 2nd, 2021
- About Sealand | The Principality Of Sealand | Sealand History - June 2nd, 2021
- Antengene Announces Fifteen Clinical Studies and Results of Selinexor to be Presented at ASCO 2021 - Stockhouse - June 2nd, 2021
- Notice of Public Hearing | Legal Announcements | newsadvance.com - Lynchburg News and Advance - May 27th, 2021
- New initiative inspires coexistence with seals on Cape Cod beaches - PRNewswire - May 27th, 2021
- How many children did Aretha Franklin have and where are they now? - Smooth Radio - May 27th, 2021
- Mollie Tibbetts case recap: 'I wouldn't harm her,' boyfriend testifies in Cristhian Bahena Rivera's trial - Des Moines Register - May 27th, 2021
- Researchers try to ID source of ghost fishing nets - Yahoo News - May 27th, 2021
- Luck of the Jewish? - The Jewish Standard - May 27th, 2021
- Plywood boards used to protect New York establishments are repurposed into captivating sculptures - Archinect - May 27th, 2021
- Seal: Heidi Klum and I have never had co-parenting teamwork - Inside NoVA - May 27th, 2021
- This Manual 1967 Mercury Cougar 289 Is Looking for a New and Caring Owner - autoevolution - May 27th, 2021
- Breathe easier and guard yourself against airborne contaminants with this KN95 respirator mask - The Straits Times - May 27th, 2021
- Behind Guam but ahead of other insular areas - Saipan Tribune - May 27th, 2021
- Maintenance on Platt Road near Ann Arbor could affect traffic - MLive.com - May 24th, 2021
- Which geological period is called the Age of Fishes? The Weekend quiz - The Guardian - May 24th, 2021
- Seal Says He and Heidi Klum Have Never Had Teamwork Coparenting Their Kids - Us Weekly - May 24th, 2021
- A grand strategy of resolute restraint - Brookings Institution - May 24th, 2021
- What you should be shredding and why - Tennessean - May 24th, 2021
- June construction could bring parking off streets and delays - Wyoming Tribune - May 24th, 2021
- USAF Ready to Move ABMS-Tech Into Operational Phase - autoevolution - May 24th, 2021
- Project updates for the Week of May 24, 2021 - Texas Department of Transportation - May 24th, 2021
- The two-state solution that envisages sovereign Palestine & Israel living side by side in peace is the only way to end their conflict, writes A L... - May 24th, 2021
- You don't have to wait for the Wisconsin State Fair to enjoy food on a stick. Try this grilled chicken souvlaki recipe. - Green Bay Press Gazette - May 24th, 2021
- Catholic high schools welcome return of in-person graduation ceremonies - Angelus News - May 24th, 2021