Successful recruitment is about in-depth conversations, and new technologies arent able to help consultants understand candidates better, says Fabien Guerin, founder and CEO of Talent Fishers.
Many business leaders believe that Asia will spearhead the global economic growth for decades to come. Organisations from around the globe are hoping to get a slice of the Asian market, making it one of the hottest destinations for top talent.
Talent Fishers was set up in 2007 in China to cater to a growing demand from foreign-invested companies for human capital solutions in Asia.
When conducting a cross-cultural search, matching candidates to the right position is not enough. We dont only find the right candidates, we are here to advise clients on the best practices for Asian markets.
The mission of Talent Fishers is changing peoples lives by offering them better career and better responsibilities, and we change a companys future by finding the right people for the right roles, enabling the company to better develop.
With the use of the latest technology such as databases, job boards and social networks, a huge amount of time is being saved in extracting data on suitable candidates, but Talent Fishers is committed to taking things to the next level.
We believe having in-depth conversations with our candidates puts them in the best position to be successful, and these new technologies are not able to help consultants understand candidates better.
Our consultants ask candidates the right questions to learn about their professional backgrounds and find out who they really are and what they really want in life.
When conducting a search, understanding the organisation is just as important. Every company has a different culture, DNA and history. We combine all those factors to match an individual who fits in with the organisations culture and DNA at the right time.
Sometimes, the most talented individual might not be the best fit for a specific role at a specific time.
For our consultants to get to know the candidates, a face-to-face meeting is often the best way to communicate. With that being said, I believe technology such as virtual reality will bring a huge impact to the executive search landscape by allowing individuals to hold in-depth conversations without having to be seated in the same room.
I hope with VR technology, I will be able to interview candidates from overseas with the same quality of interaction as we have sitting in the same room.
In todays business world, people are more prone to move to explore another culture. As a result, I foresee top talent from different backgrounds gathering to work in an expertise hub.
There will be different expertise hubs set up around the world and I think Hong Kong is an interesting place for financial services-related functions to set up an expertise hub.
The June 2017 issue of Human Resources magazine is a special edition, bringing you interviews with 12 HR leaders, with their predictions on the future of HR.
ReadThe Futuristor subscribe here.
Go here to read the rest:
The Futurist: Fishing for the right talent - Human Resources Online
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil Says He Can Bring His Dead Father ... - February 12th, 2020
- What Does The Future Of Human Resources Look Like? | Inc.com - February 12th, 2020
- What is Futurism? Italy's Art Movement that Love Speed and Technology - My Modern Met - February 12th, 2020
- NASA Snaps Photo of Epic Dust Devil on the Surface of Mars - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- App Checks Whether You've Come in Contact With Deadly Coronavirus - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Watch a Mother Reunite With Her Deceased Child in VR - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Plans Are Moving Ahead to Open a Space Hotel Attached to the ISS - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- NASA: Next Moon Landing Will Cost About $35 Billion - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Jordan Brand Continues To Infuse Futurism With The Meta-Morph Utility - Sneaker News - February 12th, 2020
- Watch a Cybertruck Replace the DeLorean in "Back to the Future" - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Iran Tries to Pass Off $20 Walmart Costume as Space Suit - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- University Chancellor Predicts "Higher Forms of Life" on Europa - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- UN Secretary-General: "A Wind of Madness Is Sweeping the Globe" - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- LET'S TALK: You, me and the ex-royals won't enjoy any privacy - Arkansas Online - January 27th, 2020
- Predictiveness Pays: 5 Steps to Thinking Like a Futurist - Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) - January 25th, 2020
- Inside Dubai's Quest to be the First Blockchain-Powered City - Futurism - January 25th, 2020
- Sharks Are Evolving to Walk on Land - Futurism - January 25th, 2020
- Predictions for the 2020s, From a Futurist, a Trend Forecaster and an Astrologer - Vogue - January 18th, 2020
- Tullio Crali: A Futurist Life review a head-on revelation - The Guardian - January 18th, 2020
- Meet the futurist with 2020 vision - Sydney Morning Herald - January 18th, 2020
- These Researchers Want You to Live In a Fungus Megastructure - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Scientists Create "Living Concrete" That Can Heal Itself - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Scientists: Ocean Warming at the Rate of Five A-Bombs per Second - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- 2020 Real Estate Newsmakers: The Achievers and the Futurists - RisMedia.com - January 18th, 2020
- The Roots Young Futurists 2020: Nominate the Leaders Who Are Ready to Change the World - The Root - January 18th, 2020
- MIT Suspends Another Professor for Epstein Ties - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Fossil fuel issues, nanobots, and the end of work as we know it - Kemmerer Gazette - January 18th, 2020
- Trump Demands That Apple Give Government Access to iPhones - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- SpaceX Is Delivering Cannabis to the Space Station - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Elon Musk Is Talking About Powering All of America with Solar - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Middle Eastern Nation First to Buy Drone Armed With Machine Gun - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Virgil Abloh Merges Fashion and Futurism with the Louis Vuitton Men's 2054 Collection - Ocean Drive Magazine - December 13th, 2019
- Watch Terrifying Creeps Hack Ring Cameras and Spy on Families - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Study: Many Extreme Weather Events Were Caused by Climate Change - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- End of the world: This futurist has some grim news for the middle class - MarketWatch - December 9th, 2019
- Futurist Predicts "The End of the World as We Know It" - Futurism - December 9th, 2019
- Avoiding the 'Robocalypse' - CFO Magazine - December 9th, 2019
- Blockland Solutions Conference is underway at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland - Crain's Cleveland Business - December 9th, 2019
- Its 2071, and We Have Bioengineered Our Own Extinction - The New York Times - December 9th, 2019
- Young Bomberg and the Old Masters at the National Gallery: the Renaissance influences on an East End radical - inews - December 9th, 2019
- Futurist, Cathy Hackl, Named Top Voice in Tech by LinkedIn for 2nd Year in a Row - PRNewswire - December 6th, 2019
- Futurist sees the end of the world as we know it for average person - Haaretz - December 6th, 2019
- SpaceX Is Sending Super-Muscular Mice to the Space Station - Futurism - December 6th, 2019
- 19 Newly Discovered Galaxies Appear to Be Missing Dark Matter - Futurism - December 6th, 2019
- Interview: Shaping the future - The Actuary - December 6th, 2019
- 'The Future of X' Turns to Collaboration in the Workplace. Tune In - OZY - December 6th, 2019
- The inspirations of Shafi Ahmed surgeon, teacher and futurist - Director magazine - November 30th, 2019
- New Zealand Opens World's First HIV-Positive Sperm Bank - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Dubai is Adding Tesla Cybertrucks to its Police Car Fleet - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- New Calculations: Black Holes Could Have Thousands of Planets - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Web Inventor Unveils Plan to Save the Web - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Can a computer have intuition? - Verizon Communications - November 30th, 2019
- Things to Do in DC This Weekend: A Jane Goodall Exhibit, Holiday Markets, and a Massive Maze at Nats Park - Washingtonian - November 23rd, 2019
- Futurist: Channel Has To Remove Friction To Cloud 2.0 Adoption - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- MSPs Will Help Enable The 'Virtualization Of The World,' Says Futurist - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- Tech and futurism drive iconic car event's appeal - The Japan Times - October 28th, 2019
- This Electric Toothbrush Uses AI Because Nothing is Sacred Anymore - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Rocky World With Three Suns May Have an Atmosphere - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - October 28th, 2019
- Scientists Say They Finally Figured Out How to Spot Wormholes - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Good News: The Ozone Hole Is Smaller Than Weve Ever Seen It - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- The US Army Is Spending $750K to Partner With UFO Research Group - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Amazon Is Writing Its Own Facial Recognition Bills - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Yes, There's a "Pee Tape" and It's Unclear If It's a Deepfake - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Heres How We Could Feed a Million People on Mars - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Gasoline Fiends Blocked Every Single Tesla Charger in This Town - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Harvard Prof: The Moon Could Have Caught Alien Organisms, Tech - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Scarborough's South Bay observation wheel set to stay until November - The Scarborough News - September 27th, 2019
- Dozens of Countries Are Deploying Propaganda on Social Media - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Visual Effects Society Names Acclaimed Visual Futurist Syd Mead A Keynote Speaker at 2017 VES Summit - SHOOT Online - August 25th, 2017
- Residents 'Happy' With Futurist Development - Yorkshire Coast Radio - August 25th, 2017
- THE FUTURIST: Economic and existential concerns cloud the future - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - August 22nd, 2017
- New series of The Futurist Report explains effects of AI - IT News Africa - IT News Africa - August 22nd, 2017
- What is the Future of the Human Resource Function ... - August 20th, 2017
- Utah Futurist Rebrands NewVistas Effort - Valley News - August 20th, 2017
- AT&T Foundry, RocketSpace and Ericsson Release a New Series of ... - Al-Bawaba - August 20th, 2017
- Universal Basic Income Examined by Futurism Blog - Basic Income News - August 20th, 2017
- Renowned futurist to speak at SA top 100 event - InDaily - August 18th, 2017
- Acclaimed Visual Futurist Syd Mead to Deliver Keynote Address at 2017 VES Summit - Animation World Network (press release) (registration) (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- The CIO's broadening role: Business strategist, futurist, change agent - CIO New Zealand - August 16th, 2017