HR needs to take the lead to revamp the approach to recruitment in view of boosting the attractiveness of the employer brand, says Rhona Tasmia, head of human resources at HALO Creative & Design (Timothy Oulton).
The big shift in HR practices in recruitment is the renewed focus on candidate experience. As much as a candidate tries to make the best impression in an interview it is equally imperative to provide a recruitment experience to candidates that goes beyond just the job they are interviewing for.
This is a critical factor in building and maintaining employer branding and attractiveness in the growing market of potential talent.
I consider candidates as our customers. As they say, one customer well taken care of could bring more value than thousands of dollars worth of advertising.
In the same way, if we create a positive customer-centric experience during the recruitment process, candidates will remember and talk about it among peers, and word of mouth in building brand attractiveness is a powerful weapon.
In the growing competition to attract and retain talent, in my opinion, the future is about building and maintaining a brand that people want to work for.
This starts from the very first interaction with an applicant or a potential candidate and continues throughout the experience and journey that we offer them.
Technology has already enabled the shift towards a candidate-focused experience. With the evolvement of AI, it will continue to facilitate the journey across the spectrum, from responding to applications and queries from a wider international market, sharing timely feedback, online assessments which candidates can take in their own space/time for convenience, through to the conclusion stage.
For employers, it allows tracking of a fair selection process, getting feedback from candidates about the recruitment process and experience all the while ensuring the candidate engagement and experience.
Candidates, the Millennials and Gen Y in particular, are increasingly more conscious of company and workplace culture, degree of flexibility and autonomy in roles and work/personal life balance as influential factors in determining the kind of organisations they want to work for.
Therefore, HR practitioners like ourselves need to take the lead to revamp the approach to recruitment in view of boosting the attractiveness of the employer brand and which reflects the culture and values of the company.
Its not only in the reviewing of the process, but a shift in the mindset.
The June 2017 issue of Human Resources magazine is a special edition, bringing you interviews with 12 HR leaders, with their predictions on the future of HR.
ReadThe Futuristor subscribe here.
Junior professionals in the country's banking and finance sector are highly sought after for the first time since the financial cr..
Bad news for bosses: Employees are still considering their next move, even if theyve just settled into a new job...
Could it be that employees are working too much and having trouble balancing their work and personal life?..
Increasing female board participation to 43%, and a 36-hour hackathon to crowdsource new product ideas - Digi's HR team isn't done..
The initiatives will be funded via the HRDF Pool Fund, government allocation as well as private partnerships...
- Economist: Springfield is 'on the cusp.' Here's what it needs to do to take the next step. - News-Leader - February 27th, 2020
- Here's a Glossary for the Ongoing Coronavirus Outbreak's Vocab - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Humanitys media habits shifted radically in the 2010s. What do the 2020s hold? - Digital Trends - February 27th, 2020
- Space Force Working "Pretty Closely With Elon Musk and SpaceX" - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- The Pentagon Just Simulated a Nuclear War With Russia - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Deadly Coronavirus May Be Spreading Through Poop - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Japan Gives the 'Go' to Sample Return Mission to Mars Moon - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Carmakers Expected to Roll Out Wireless Car Chargers This Year - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Artificial and Biological Neurons Just Talked Over the Internet - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Editors letter: How to predict whats coming in 2030 and beyond - MIT Technology Review - February 27th, 2020
- What in Tarnation Is This "SpaceX Village" by the Starship Launch Site - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Guy Builds Rocket to Prove Earth Is Flat, Crashes It, Dies - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- Report: Two-Thirds of Coronavirus Infections May Be Undetected - Futurism - February 27th, 2020
- The professionals who predict the future for a living - MIT Technology Review - February 27th, 2020
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil Says He Can Bring His Dead Father ... - February 12th, 2020
- What Does The Future Of Human Resources Look Like? | Inc.com - February 12th, 2020
- What is Futurism? Italy's Art Movement that Love Speed and Technology - My Modern Met - February 12th, 2020
- NASA Snaps Photo of Epic Dust Devil on the Surface of Mars - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- App Checks Whether You've Come in Contact With Deadly Coronavirus - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Watch a Mother Reunite With Her Deceased Child in VR - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Plans Are Moving Ahead to Open a Space Hotel Attached to the ISS - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- NASA: Next Moon Landing Will Cost About $35 Billion - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Jordan Brand Continues To Infuse Futurism With The Meta-Morph Utility - Sneaker News - February 12th, 2020
- Watch a Cybertruck Replace the DeLorean in "Back to the Future" - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- Iran Tries to Pass Off $20 Walmart Costume as Space Suit - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- University Chancellor Predicts "Higher Forms of Life" on Europa - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- UN Secretary-General: "A Wind of Madness Is Sweeping the Globe" - Futurism - February 12th, 2020
- LET'S TALK: You, me and the ex-royals won't enjoy any privacy - Arkansas Online - January 27th, 2020
- Predictiveness Pays: 5 Steps to Thinking Like a Futurist - Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) - January 25th, 2020
- Inside Dubai's Quest to be the First Blockchain-Powered City - Futurism - January 25th, 2020
- Sharks Are Evolving to Walk on Land - Futurism - January 25th, 2020
- Predictions for the 2020s, From a Futurist, a Trend Forecaster and an Astrologer - Vogue - January 18th, 2020
- Tullio Crali: A Futurist Life review a head-on revelation - The Guardian - January 18th, 2020
- Meet the futurist with 2020 vision - Sydney Morning Herald - January 18th, 2020
- These Researchers Want You to Live In a Fungus Megastructure - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Scientists Create "Living Concrete" That Can Heal Itself - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Scientists: Ocean Warming at the Rate of Five A-Bombs per Second - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- 2020 Real Estate Newsmakers: The Achievers and the Futurists - RisMedia.com - January 18th, 2020
- The Roots Young Futurists 2020: Nominate the Leaders Who Are Ready to Change the World - The Root - January 18th, 2020
- MIT Suspends Another Professor for Epstein Ties - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- Fossil fuel issues, nanobots, and the end of work as we know it - Kemmerer Gazette - January 18th, 2020
- Trump Demands That Apple Give Government Access to iPhones - Futurism - January 18th, 2020
- SpaceX Is Delivering Cannabis to the Space Station - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Elon Musk Is Talking About Powering All of America with Solar - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Middle Eastern Nation First to Buy Drone Armed With Machine Gun - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Virgil Abloh Merges Fashion and Futurism with the Louis Vuitton Men's 2054 Collection - Ocean Drive Magazine - December 13th, 2019
- Watch Terrifying Creeps Hack Ring Cameras and Spy on Families - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- Study: Many Extreme Weather Events Were Caused by Climate Change - Futurism - December 13th, 2019
- End of the world: This futurist has some grim news for the middle class - MarketWatch - December 9th, 2019
- Futurist Predicts "The End of the World as We Know It" - Futurism - December 9th, 2019
- Avoiding the 'Robocalypse' - CFO Magazine - December 9th, 2019
- Blockland Solutions Conference is underway at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland - Crain's Cleveland Business - December 9th, 2019
- Its 2071, and We Have Bioengineered Our Own Extinction - The New York Times - December 9th, 2019
- Young Bomberg and the Old Masters at the National Gallery: the Renaissance influences on an East End radical - inews - December 9th, 2019
- Futurist, Cathy Hackl, Named Top Voice in Tech by LinkedIn for 2nd Year in a Row - PRNewswire - December 6th, 2019
- Futurist sees the end of the world as we know it for average person - Haaretz - December 6th, 2019
- SpaceX Is Sending Super-Muscular Mice to the Space Station - Futurism - December 6th, 2019
- 19 Newly Discovered Galaxies Appear to Be Missing Dark Matter - Futurism - December 6th, 2019
- Interview: Shaping the future - The Actuary - December 6th, 2019
- 'The Future of X' Turns to Collaboration in the Workplace. Tune In - OZY - December 6th, 2019
- The inspirations of Shafi Ahmed surgeon, teacher and futurist - Director magazine - November 30th, 2019
- New Zealand Opens World's First HIV-Positive Sperm Bank - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Dubai is Adding Tesla Cybertrucks to its Police Car Fleet - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- New Calculations: Black Holes Could Have Thousands of Planets - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Web Inventor Unveils Plan to Save the Web - Futurism - November 30th, 2019
- Can a computer have intuition? - Verizon Communications - November 30th, 2019
- Things to Do in DC This Weekend: A Jane Goodall Exhibit, Holiday Markets, and a Massive Maze at Nats Park - Washingtonian - November 23rd, 2019
- Futurist: Channel Has To Remove Friction To Cloud 2.0 Adoption - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- MSPs Will Help Enable The 'Virtualization Of The World,' Says Futurist - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- Tech and futurism drive iconic car event's appeal - The Japan Times - October 28th, 2019
- This Electric Toothbrush Uses AI Because Nothing is Sacred Anymore - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Rocky World With Three Suns May Have an Atmosphere - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - October 28th, 2019
- Scientists Say They Finally Figured Out How to Spot Wormholes - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Good News: The Ozone Hole Is Smaller Than Weve Ever Seen It - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- The US Army Is Spending $750K to Partner With UFO Research Group - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Amazon Is Writing Its Own Facial Recognition Bills - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Yes, There's a "Pee Tape" and It's Unclear If It's a Deepfake - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Heres How We Could Feed a Million People on Mars - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Gasoline Fiends Blocked Every Single Tesla Charger in This Town - Futurism - September 27th, 2019