HR needs to take the lead to revamp the approach to recruitment in view of boosting the attractiveness of the employer brand, says Rhona Tasmia, head of human resources at HALO Creative & Design (Timothy Oulton).
The big shift in HR practices in recruitment is the renewed focus on candidate experience. As much as a candidate tries to make the best impression in an interview it is equally imperative to provide a recruitment experience to candidates that goes beyond just the job they are interviewing for.
This is a critical factor in building and maintaining employer branding and attractiveness in the growing market of potential talent.
I consider candidates as our customers. As they say, one customer well taken care of could bring more value than thousands of dollars worth of advertising.
In the same way, if we create a positive customer-centric experience during the recruitment process, candidates will remember and talk about it among peers, and word of mouth in building brand attractiveness is a powerful weapon.
In the growing competition to attract and retain talent, in my opinion, the future is about building and maintaining a brand that people want to work for.
This starts from the very first interaction with an applicant or a potential candidate and continues throughout the experience and journey that we offer them.
Technology has already enabled the shift towards a candidate-focused experience. With the evolvement of AI, it will continue to facilitate the journey across the spectrum, from responding to applications and queries from a wider international market, sharing timely feedback, online assessments which candidates can take in their own space/time for convenience, through to the conclusion stage.
For employers, it allows tracking of a fair selection process, getting feedback from candidates about the recruitment process and experience all the while ensuring the candidate engagement and experience.
Candidates, the Millennials and Gen Y in particular, are increasingly more conscious of company and workplace culture, degree of flexibility and autonomy in roles and work/personal life balance as influential factors in determining the kind of organisations they want to work for.
Therefore, HR practitioners like ourselves need to take the lead to revamp the approach to recruitment in view of boosting the attractiveness of the employer brand and which reflects the culture and values of the company.
Its not only in the reviewing of the process, but a shift in the mindset.
The June 2017 issue of Human Resources magazine is a special edition, bringing you interviews with 12 HR leaders, with their predictions on the future of HR.
ReadThe Futuristor subscribe here.
Junior professionals in the country's banking and finance sector are highly sought after for the first time since the financial cr..
Bad news for bosses: Employees are still considering their next move, even if theyve just settled into a new job...
Could it be that employees are working too much and having trouble balancing their work and personal life?..
Increasing female board participation to 43%, and a 36-hour hackathon to crowdsource new product ideas - Digi's HR team isn't done..
The initiatives will be funded via the HRDF Pool Fund, government allocation as well as private partnerships...
- Futurist: Channel Has To Remove Friction To Cloud 2.0 Adoption - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- MSPs Will Help Enable The 'Virtualization Of The World,' Says Futurist - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - October 28th, 2019
- Tech and futurism drive iconic car event's appeal - The Japan Times - October 28th, 2019
- This Electric Toothbrush Uses AI Because Nothing is Sacred Anymore - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Rocky World With Three Suns May Have an Atmosphere - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - October 28th, 2019
- Scientists Say They Finally Figured Out How to Spot Wormholes - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Good News: The Ozone Hole Is Smaller Than Weve Ever Seen It - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- The US Army Is Spending $750K to Partner With UFO Research Group - Futurism - October 28th, 2019
- Amazon Is Writing Its Own Facial Recognition Bills - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Yes, There's a "Pee Tape" and It's Unclear If It's a Deepfake - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Heres How We Could Feed a Million People on Mars - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Gasoline Fiends Blocked Every Single Tesla Charger in This Town - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Harvard Prof: The Moon Could Have Caught Alien Organisms, Tech - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Scarborough's South Bay observation wheel set to stay until November - The Scarborough News - September 27th, 2019
- Dozens of Countries Are Deploying Propaganda on Social Media - Futurism - September 27th, 2019
- Visual Effects Society Names Acclaimed Visual Futurist Syd Mead A Keynote Speaker at 2017 VES Summit - SHOOT Online - August 25th, 2017
- Residents 'Happy' With Futurist Development - Yorkshire Coast Radio - August 25th, 2017
- THE FUTURIST: Economic and existential concerns cloud the future - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - August 22nd, 2017
- New series of The Futurist Report explains effects of AI - IT News Africa - IT News Africa - August 22nd, 2017
- What is the Future of the Human Resource Function ... - August 20th, 2017
- Utah Futurist Rebrands NewVistas Effort - Valley News - August 20th, 2017
- AT&T Foundry, RocketSpace and Ericsson Release a New Series of ... - Al-Bawaba - August 20th, 2017
- Universal Basic Income Examined by Futurism Blog - Basic Income News - August 20th, 2017
- Renowned futurist to speak at SA top 100 event - InDaily - August 18th, 2017
- Acclaimed Visual Futurist Syd Mead to Deliver Keynote Address at 2017 VES Summit - Animation World Network (press release) (registration) (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- The CIO's broadening role: Business strategist, futurist, change agent - CIO New Zealand - August 16th, 2017
- Popular Futurist to Discuss the Future of the Hospitality Industry - Digital Journal - August 15th, 2017
- The Futurist: Technology as the key to HR - Human Resources Online - August 14th, 2017
- Yorkshire Coast Radio - News - Next Step In Futurist Demolition - Yorkshire Coast Radio - August 14th, 2017
- Transportation Futurist Simon J. Anderson to Speak Today on the Future of Trucking - Digital Journal - August 14th, 2017
- Cliff-top Scarborough residents say theatre demolition could destroy their homes - ITV News - August 11th, 2017
- Israel and Kazakhstan's futurist vision for Eurasia - The Jerusalem Post mobile website - August 8th, 2017
- The Futurist: Fishing for the right talent - Human Resources Online - August 3rd, 2017
- Anders Srman-Nilsson (LLB/EMBA), global futurist, speaker and author - InvestorDaily - August 3rd, 2017
- 4 Big Trends That Will Shape CRE: A Futurist's Guide - Commercial Property Executive - August 3rd, 2017
- Futurist | Definition of Futurist by Merriam-Webster - August 1st, 2017
- FutureWorld - Is your business FUTUREPROOF - July 31st, 2017
- The Futurist: Why human resources is a people's job - Human Resources Online - July 31st, 2017
- Marty Sklar, Disney Legend And Futurist, Dies At 83 | Gizmodo ... - Gizmodo Australia - July 31st, 2017
- Professional futurists converge on Seattle to pick up hints about what lies ahead - GeekWire - July 29th, 2017
- Geek of the Week: Futurist author Richard Yonck helps us better prepare for a rapidly changing world - GeekWire - July 29th, 2017
- A futurist tells us what life will probably look like in 2040 - New York Post - July 29th, 2017
- Marty Sklar, Disney Legend and Futurist, Dies at 83 - Gizmodo - July 28th, 2017
- How Clothing Made From Milk Became the Height of Fashion in Mussolini's Italy - Atlas Obscura - July 28th, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg Is A Bad Futurist - HuffPost - July 27th, 2017
- Here's what the Lime Street facade will look like - including Futurist memories - Liverpool Echo - July 26th, 2017
- Neo-Futurists' new show serves up plenty of 'Food' for thought - Chicago Sun-Times - July 26th, 2017
- The Futurist: Future by design - Human Resources Online - July 26th, 2017
- New 'Star Trek: Discovery' Clips Show Off Beautiful, Retro-Futurist Tech (Including a New Phaser) - Outer Places - July 22nd, 2017
- New York Neo-Futurists to Offer 'Fundamentals' Workshop This Summer - Broadway World - July 22nd, 2017
- Paramount Pictures Just Hired a Futurist in Residence to Guide the Future of Film - Futurism - July 18th, 2017
- Futurist: 'I Am Concerned for My Two Young Daughters' - Inverse - July 14th, 2017
- Ted Schilowitz Named First 'Futurist In Residence At Paramount Pictures - Deadline - July 14th, 2017
- The Futurist: A vision for the future - Human Resources Online - July 13th, 2017
- The Futurist: Why HR and IT need to be closer - Human Resources Online - July 11th, 2017
- Futurist Jack Uldrich to Speak on Top Ten Future Trends for Leading IT Advocate - WireUpdate - July 10th, 2017
- The Futurist: Innovation challenges for HR - Human Resources Online - July 5th, 2017
- Ray Kurzweil: There's a Blueprint for the Master Algorithm in Our Brains - Futurism - July 4th, 2017
- "Demolishing The Futurist Was The Right Thing To Do" - Yorkshire Coast Radio - July 3rd, 2017
- 4 Comic Book Themes that Made Elon Musk a Futurist - Edgy Labs (blog) - July 1st, 2017
- The Futurist Scorecard: A Look At (Almost) Everything That Interests Elon Musk Besides Building Cars - Yahoo News - June 30th, 2017
- The CCO as a Futurist - JD Supra (press release) - June 29th, 2017
- Flappers, futurists, Bloomsbury and Putney Wyndham Lewis's many enemies - Spectator.co.uk - June 29th, 2017
- Everything That Interests Elon Musk Besides Building Cars | Benzinga - Benzinga - June 29th, 2017
- Noted Futurist Looks Back: How Espionage, Arms Deals and Recent History Sowed the Seeds of Today's Terrorism - PR Newswire (press release) - June 28th, 2017
- Sino-futurist art seeks to explore the cities of the future: on Western visions of China - CityMetric - June 24th, 2017
- 10000 Bill For Futurist Campaigners - Yorkshire Coast Radio - June 24th, 2017
- The 3-D Printed Under Armour ArchiTech Futurist Just Released - KicksOnFire.com - June 24th, 2017
- Pop Futurist Xenia Rubinos Is A 'Brown Girl Tearing It Up' - WBUR - June 23rd, 2017
- Futurist says artificial intelligence is the most important achievement of 21st century - Armenpress.am - June 22nd, 2017
- We Are Social Founder Julian Ward & Futurist Ross Dawson Launch ... - B&T - June 22nd, 2017
- Further blow in bid to stop demolition of Scarborough Futurist - The Stage - June 19th, 2017
- Robot judges and related pseudo-futurist musings - Vail Daily News - June 18th, 2017
- Judicial Review In To Futurist Decision Refused - Yorkshire Coast Radio - June 16th, 2017
- 12th Annual IT CAME FROM...THE NEO-FUTURARIUM! Lineup Announced - Broadway World - June 15th, 2017
- Rachel Hatch, futurist and community vitality expert, to keynote regionalism / workforce track - The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines - June 15th, 2017
- What Next? Nige and John mind the economic gap | Stuff.co.nz - Stuff.co.nz - June 15th, 2017
- Ray Kurzweil Says He Wouldn't Put His Money in Bitcoin but Doesn't Dismiss Blockchain - Futurism - June 14th, 2017
- Futurist Graeme Codrington on leading in a changing world - Bizcommunity.com - June 14th, 2017