Medical Technology is now available on all devices! Read it here for free in the web browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone.
To kick off the new decade, we find out how technological innovations are revolutionising hearing aids, speak to industry insiders to understand how 3D printing is changing dentistry, and examine the challenge of regulating implants as the market continues to expand and new technologies continue to blur the boundaries between what is and is not a medical device.
Sticking with implants, we delve into the complicated world of transhumanism and biohacking to find out how rising interest in tech implants could impact medical devices, explore ways that tech can unleash preventative personalised medicine with Verita, and learn more about a computerised kidney, which is helping to shed light on dehydration.
Plus, we take a look at the current state of the medical tourism industry to see how technology is impacting such a profitable sector, find out how combining wearables and drugs could help to treat Alzheimers, and as always we get the latest industry analysis and insight from GlobalData.
Timeline: the evolution of hearing aidsHearing aids have come a long way since the weird and wonderful vacuum tube contraptions of the 1800s, but its only within the last few decades that a truly transformative wave of fashionable, functional devices have started to appear. But how did this happen?Chloe Kentlooks back at the history of digital hearing aids, from the first devices of the 1990s to the innovative AI-powered technologies of the present day.Read more.
Open wide: how 3D printing is reshaping dentistryThe dental 3D printing market is expected to reach $930m by the end of 2025, and its application across different procedures is far-reaching, from the development of dentures to Invisalign retainer braces.Chloe Kentspeaks to Digital Smile Design directorGeorge Cabanasand Formlabs dental project managerSam Wainwrightto learn more about how 3D printing could help us all smile a little brighter.Read more.
Regulating implants: how to ensure safetyAs the implant market expands and new innovations become a reality, the challenge of regulating these new technologies is getting harder. With biohacking implants already being performed in tattoo studios, how will regulators ensure the safety of patients?Abi Millar reports.Read more.
From grinders to biohackers: where medical technology meets body modificationA new generation of patients are demanding medical interventions that not only make it easier to manage medical conditions, but also enhance their day-to-day lives. Engineers and researchers have responded with futuristic innovations that push the boundaries of biohacking.Chloe Kentrounds up the bizarre and brilliant innovations that could be the future of medicine as we know it.Read more.
Q&A: how tech can unleash preventative personalised medicine with VeritaVerita Healthcare Group is a company with fingers in many pies, but one of its key focuses is on bringing preventative healthcare to the masses through technology.Chloe Kentcatches up withJulian AndrieszandJames Grant Wetherillto find out more about the companys latest digital health acquisitions and what it sees in its future.Read more.
No filter: understanding how medicines impact dehydrationComputer models of a kidney developed at the University of Waterloo could tell us more about the impacts of medicines taken by people prone to dehydration.Natalie Healeyfinds out more.Read more.
Medical tourism: how is digital tech reshaping the industry?Medical tourism is a large and growing sector that is being driven by high costs and long waiting times in developed countries. But how is the rise of digital technology and Big Data influencing the development of medical tourism hotspots around the world?Chris Lofinds out.Read more.
Triple combo: calming Alzheimers agitation with ai, wearables and a novel drugBioXcel Therapeutics is developing an acute agitation drug, BXCL501, for Alzheimers disease. To improve management and prevention of agitation, the company is leveraging an existing wearable device and developing AI algorithms to predict and prevent aggressive agitation.Allie Nawratexplores this novel, triple combination initiative to prevent and treat symptoms of Alzheimers.Read more.
In the next issue of Medical Technology we take a look at the need for a more proactive approach to encourage health screening uptake, and explore ways that AI could help to make healthcare more human-centric.
Also in the next issue, we find out how a combination of virtual reality and haptics is being used to help virtually train surgeons to perform complex procedures, examine the potential of smell-powered diagnostics, and investigate the rise of chronic illness groups on social media platforms.
Plus, we examine how the uncertain future of Ehtylene oxide could impact device manufacturers, speak to Medidata about the companys merger with Dassault Systmes, and take a look at the recall of Bayers Essure contraceptive implant.
- Will love potions be the future of relationships? - BioEdge - January 27th, 2020
- The Neural Revolution Is Almost Here. Should We Fear It? | Articles | Chief Data Officer - Innovation Enterprise - January 25th, 2020
- Catholic priest at Davos on AI and the soul - The Tablet - January 25th, 2020
- Harry Hains, actor in American Horror Story and The OA, dies at 27 - SYFY WIRE - January 15th, 2020
- WISeKey to Hold its 13th Annual Cybersecurity IoT Blockchain Roundtable in Davos on January 22, 2020 - GlobeNewswire - December 26th, 2019
- Seattle faith groups reckon with AI and what it means to be truly human - Seattle Times - November 12th, 2019
- Mexico in 2030: Discover the Top 12 Trends to Drive Decision-Making - PRNewswire - November 12th, 2019
- Terminator: Dark Fate Arnie's back, but he should have stayed away - The Irish Times - October 24th, 2019
- Do transhumanists need their own bill of rights? - Quartz - October 23rd, 2019
- The finale issue of House of X/Powers of X: We dig into every detail - Polygon - October 13th, 2019
- Are LED lights and other techno-implants slowly turning us into the Borg? - SYFY WIRE - October 13th, 2019
- Could a robot be prime minister? Machines will soon be smart enough to run the world, says futurist - CBC.ca - October 13th, 2019
- Scissor Sisters' Ana Matronic, Phill Jupitus and Johnny Ball to star in Festival of the Future in Dundee - The Courier - October 13th, 2019
- Sports Man of the Future - The Good Men Project - October 13th, 2019
- Ben Affleck Promises a Heroic Batman in 'Justice League' - TVOvermind - August 16th, 2017
- Transhumanism could lead to immortality for the elite - Gears Of Biz - August 6th, 2017
- The risk of a transhumanist future - BioEdge - August 6th, 2017
- William Gibson: what we talk about, when we talk about dystopia - Boing Boing - August 4th, 2017
- Transhumanism: Can technology help mankind transcend its natural limitations? - Scroll.in - August 3rd, 2017
- AI and Transhumanism: Could Quest for Super-intelligence and Eternal Life Lead to a Dystopian Nightmare? - Newsweek - August 1st, 2017
- Transhumanists May Lead Us Into a Dystopian Future - Inverse - August 1st, 2017
- Opinion: Super-intelligence and eternal lifetranshumanism's faithful follow it blindly into a future for the elite - Phys.Org - July 31st, 2017
- Liam Payne Joins Ranks of Trans-Supportive Celebrities - PopCrush - PopCrush - July 28th, 2017
- What the Gay Lobby Doesn't Want You to Know - Church Militant - Church Militant - July 26th, 2017
- SIMPLE CREATURE Review - Film Pulse - July 26th, 2017
- Southern Kaduna crises: Porous boarders responsible for free e - Daily Trust - July 15th, 2017
- Get bloody with Butcher's free Steam demo | PCGamesN - PCGamesN - July 15th, 2017
- The Soul of the Matter Now in Paperback; Read Bruce Buff's Thriller on Intelligent Design! - Discovery Institute - July 13th, 2017
- Government moves to save farmers - The Nation Newspaper - July 5th, 2017
- Synergy Between Torah and Science: How Far is TOO Far? - Breaking Israel News - July 5th, 2017
- Transhumanism just another 'religion' in which man seeks to become God - WND.com - July 2nd, 2017
- How to stay pro-tech when social media can eat young lives - New Scientist - July 1st, 2017
- An Interview with Rick Rosner on Women and the Future (Part 1) - The Good Men Project (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- Butcher review - ThisisXbox (press release) (blog) - June 26th, 2017
- Video and Photos: Trans Marchers Celebrate the Passing of Trans Human Rights Bill - Torontoist - June 24th, 2017
- Meet The Biohacking Pioneers Who Are Redesigning Their Own Bodies - Co.Design (blog) - June 23rd, 2017
- Our Outdated Debates - First Things - June 23rd, 2017
- New iOS Games and Apps of the Week: PS4 PlayLink and more - The iPad Guide - June 16th, 2017
- Colin McEnroe: It's 2027, Hartford's On The Cutting Edge - Hartford Courant - June 1st, 2017
- We'll support gov't end nomadic herdsmen conflict Group - Citifmonline - May 28th, 2017
- [ May 25, 2017 ] Transhumanism: Engineering Utopia Culture - Conatus News - May 26th, 2017
- Video Review | Butcher - Big Boss Battle - Big Boss Battle (blog) - May 17th, 2017
- The Surge launch trailer shows what happens when good robots go bad - PCGamesN - May 13th, 2017
- Armed conflicts: Nigeria to implement ECOWAS trans-human movement - The Nation Newspaper - May 11th, 2017
- New Rapid 2D Blood-Soaked Shooter Butcher Receives Launch ... - Gameranx (blog) - May 11th, 2017
- Butcher Review If Murder Is Your Thing, Butcher Is Your Thing - COGconnected (press release) - May 9th, 2017
- Book review: Author delves into transhumanist movement in 'To Be a Machine' - SCNow - May 7th, 2017
- 'Resident Evil: Code Veronica X', 'Butcher' Hit PS4 This Week! - Bloody Disgusting - May 7th, 2017
- Transhumanism and cheap laughs: podcasts of the week - The Guardian - May 6th, 2017
- From a 16th-Century Book to a Robot-Assisted Performance, Artists Explore the Legend of the Golem - Hyperallergic - May 6th, 2017
- The Techno-Libertarians Praying for Dystopia - Yahoo Tech - May 2nd, 2017
- BUTCHER, a 2D tribute to the Doom series from the makers of Soldat, hits PS4 and Xbox One in May 2017! - Develop - April 28th, 2017
- Belladonna Productions, ZDF Enterprises Team For 'Genesis' | Variety - Variety - April 23rd, 2017
- Immortal Cyborgs: Is This Humanity's Future? - theTrumpet.com - April 21st, 2017
- God in the machine: my strange journey into transhumanism - The Guardian - April 19th, 2017
- Book review: Author delves into transhumanist movement in 'To Be a Machine' - Fredericksburg.com - April 17th, 2017
- Crunchyroll - New "ID-0" Trailer Introduces the Transhuman I ... - Crunchyroll News - April 13th, 2017
- The Disrupted Generation - h+ Magazine - April 12th, 2017
- Home - Believer - April 7th, 2017
- Rubio Announces 5-EP Series With Two Bone-Chilling New Tracks - Remezcla (blog) - April 7th, 2017
- Afrofuturism Tries to Find its Footing in Virtual Reality - The Chicago Maroon - April 7th, 2017
- Anarki is a Transhuman Punk in the latest Quake Champions trailer - Warp Zoned - April 2nd, 2017
- BUTCHER, a rapid skill-based carnage from the makers of Soldat, is coming to PS4 and Xbox One - Develop - March 23rd, 2017
- Immigration launches new regulations to check terrorism, herders/farmers clashes - Daily Trust - March 21st, 2017
- Thinking Machines, book review: AI, past, present and future - ZDNet - March 21st, 2017
- South Dakota Law Protects Adoption Agencies From LGBT Parenting - Church Militant - March 17th, 2017
- Beaming in from SXSW - Cosmos - March 17th, 2017
- A Mutant Holocaust In 'Logan' - WAMC - March 17th, 2017
- Man merges with machine - SunLive (blog) - March 10th, 2017
- If you cry at work, pretend it's because you're very passionate about ... - Boing Boing - March 10th, 2017
- Could This Transhumanist Be the next Governor of California? - Big Think - March 8th, 2017
- Zoltan Istvan on transhumanism, politics and why the human body ... - Lifeboat Foundation (blog) - February 23rd, 2017
- In Conversation With: Priyanka Lama at London Fashion Week - VERVE - February 20th, 2017
- Technology for the body on the road to cyborgs? - WAtoday - February 19th, 2017
- Welcome to the era of transhumanism - New Atlas - February 17th, 2017
- It's Already Too Late to Stop the Singularity - Big Think - February 12th, 2017
- Transhuman: A New Documentary on People Who Want to Live Forever - The Libertarian Republic - February 6th, 2017
- A Pulse on Fashion - NC State News - February 6th, 2017
- Westworld: A Gnostic Tale of Illuminati Luciferianism ... - January 19th, 2017
- Nick Knight - Home - December 7th, 2016