Schools across North Wales have been disrupted as a result of positive coronavirus cases.
As pupils return to classrooms this month, a number of schools have had to take action as a result of Covid-19 cases among pupils and staff.
The cases have led to large groups of pupils having to isolate, and partial closures of some sections of schools.
The Welsh Government previously warned parents to expect "periods of disruption" in schools across North Wales amid the continuing coronavirus pandemic.
In an interview with North Wales Live, Welsh Government education minister Kirsty Williams said schools had worked hard planning for the reopening, which had been "mostly successful".
But there were still new cases of coronavirus and it was a reminder for people to follow the rules and practice hand hygiene and socially distance, she said.
Three schools on Anglesey have reported a positive case so far.
Last week, parents and staff at Ysgol Corn Hir, in Llangefni were informed of the positive case and relevant staff and pupils were told to self-isolate for 14 days.
Today (September 15) the local authority have confirmed that one pupil attending Ysgol y Borth, in Menai Bridge, and one pupil attending Ysgol Llanfechell have tested positive for coronavirus.
Anglesey Council said their thoughts were with the pupils who have tested positive for the virus.
A pupil has tested positive for coronavirus at Ysgol yr Hendre in Caernarfon.
The council stressed staff had been "following a stringent hygiene process and will continue to do so" and that parents had been informed "as quickly as possible".
Two reception classes will be closed until September 28 but the rest of the school will remain open as usual, the council confirmed.
It has also been confirmed that two kitchen staff members at Ysgol Friars in Bangor tested positive for coronavirus.
The school sent out an email last week informing parents that the canteen would be closed due to "unforeseen circumstances".
Parents were told to provide packed lunches for their children, but say the school did not tell them the reason why until around 11am on last Monday (September 7).
A coronavirus case was confirmed in a student at Grwp Llandrillo Menai 's Abergele campus.
The organisation confirmed people in the same class were being taught online for two weeks after the case was confirmed on September 8.
The campus remains open to other students.
In Denbighshire, 30 pupils went into self-isolation after a case was reported at Ysgol Frongoch on Rhyl Road, Denbigh.
Denbighshire County Council's lead member for education said the school and the local authority were working with Test, Trace and Protect teams and "following Welsh Government guidelines" to contain the virus.
All other classes at the site will continue as normal and and the area has been subject to a deep clean.
Five primary schools in Flintshire have been hit by positive cases this week.
On Monday, the council confirmed that there had been a positive case at St John the Baptist VA School in Penymynydd, Flintshire, with pupils in Year 4 being told to isolate.
On Tuesday, they confirmed that there had been a positive case at Ewloe Green Primary School and pupils in Year 3 at the school were now being asked to quarantine.
And on the same day, they said a positive case had impacted pupils at Saltney Wood Memorial Primary School in Flintshire.
Pupils in year 5 and 6 were being asked to isolate.
On Wednesday, it was confirmed that there has been a confirmed case at Sandycroft CP School.
Pupils in Year 3 and 4 at the school are being asked to self isolate and the school remains open to other pupils.
On Thursday, there was a confirmed case at Sealand County Primary School meaning pupils and staff in Year 4 had to self isolate.
There was also a case of a Year 7 pupil at Castell Alun High School in Hope who tested positive.
Coleg Cambria, which has sites in Flintshire and Wrexham, also confirmed that a small number of students had been self isolating due to a suspected case.
They did not say which specific site the case related to.
A primary school in Wrexham was closed for a short period after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.
St Christopher's School shut for a short period on September 7, and described the case as an "isolated incident".
See the original post:
- Global Fresh and Naturally Fermented Birch Juice Market Size, Share, Value, and Competitive Landscape 2021 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 17th, 2021
- The story of the improbable micronation of Sealand - The Independent - April 15th, 2021
- Hannah Baiardi's new music comes "Straight From the Soul" - The Oakland Press - April 15th, 2021
- How to Get Rid of Ants, According to Experts - HouseBeautiful.com - April 15th, 2021
- Tree House brewery seeks final licenses to open in Sandwich by summer - Cape Cod Times - April 15th, 2021
- Ocean conditions, lost habitat drive salmon concerns | Opinion | thereflector.com - The Reflector - April 15th, 2021
- America's majority-minority confusion | TheHill - The Hill - April 15th, 2021
- Some Utah parents are protesting, but here's why Utah students will likely keep their masks on until summer - Salt Lake Tribune - April 15th, 2021
- Harvey Weinstein secretly indicted on rape charges by grand jury in Los Angeles - Q13 FOX (Seattle) - April 13th, 2021
- One on One: A link between a North Carolinian and the Suez Canal back-up? - The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - April 13th, 2021
- Global Weatherstrip Seal Market Trends, Growth Demand, Opportunities & Forecast to 2026 | Cooper Standard, Toyoda Gosei, Hutchinson, Henniges,... - April 13th, 2021
- Madison takes second in 17 team Rigby Invite | Sports | rexburgstandardjournal.com - Rexburg Standard Journal - April 13th, 2021
- Banks, ATM booths face cash withdrawal pressure ahead of lockdown - Dhaka Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- Biohacking Market Report (2021-2027) | The Demand For The Market Will Drastically Increase In The Future | Apple Inc, Behavioral Tech, Fitbit, Inc.,... - April 13th, 2021
- How to preserve, store those red gems - Effingham Herald - April 13th, 2021
- Unified healthcare specialists boost their sales and profits - The Irish News - April 13th, 2021
- Call for more powers to be handed to "environmental watchdogs" after eight-year planning saga - Cheshire Live - April 11th, 2021
- Nine-year battle ends with 142 homes to be built on Chester flood plain land - Cheshire Live - April 11th, 2021
- DoD will release document highlighting military needs in 5G, software and data this spring - Federal News Network - April 11th, 2021
- Purging your garage of garbage: Spring an ideal time to clean out unwanted items and organize the rest - Albuquerque Journal - April 11th, 2021
- Alliance hike to mark end of Earth Week events - The-review - April 11th, 2021
- List Of John Cena Movies And Upcoming Ventures Non-Related To WWE - SportzWiki - April 11th, 2021
- Cocktail of the week: Mr Ji's Compton Libre recipe - The Guardian - April 11th, 2021
- Jack Carr On The Devils Hand: I Was Researching About The Weaponization Of Infectious Diseases Before COVID Hit - CBS San Francisco - April 11th, 2021
- Theres so much more to Sonoma Countys Fort Ross than the Russian connection - San Francisco Chronicle - April 11th, 2021
- World's Top Fighters Join Kill Cliff and Get Biofuel to Create the Clean Energy Team - GlobeNewswire - April 11th, 2021
- Pearlfisher brand identity for Consider Pastures gives product 'pride of place' - Transform magazine - April 11th, 2021
- Key Trends and Opportunities in the Construction Industry in Qatar to 2025 - Industry Forecast to Recover by 2.8% in 2021 Following COVID-19... - April 4th, 2021
- Aldi's Earth Grown Brand Receives Good Housekeeping Seal - Progressive Grocer - April 4th, 2021
- Who Will Move the Stone? - Atlantic Highlands Herald - Atlantic Highlands Herald - April 4th, 2021
- Baldwin Park cannabis businesses owe the city $4 million in outstanding fees - The San Gabriel Valley Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- Bank transactions to be carried out from 10am to 12:30pm amid lockdown - Dhaka Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- UA Prof. Schaller: The Ever Given saga has been years in the making - Arizona Daily Star - April 4th, 2021
- 123 immigrants discovered inside trailer of driver who says he was not aware he was transporting people - CDLLife - April 4th, 2021
- Plantings near streams a way to improve fish habitat - Bainbridge Island Review - April 4th, 2021
- On her own, Grace McGill opts for renovation of a Katy home - Houston Chronicle - April 4th, 2021
- Seal spotted swimming in river - Kent Online - April 4th, 2021
- Dandy's commission largest Welsh flag in the UK to fly when Wales can welcome visitors after lockdown - LeaderLive - March 31st, 2021
- AIS inspections stations to be opened April 10 Sheridan Media - Sheridan Media - March 31st, 2021
- Updated status of interprovincial air, sea, land travel in Thailand as of April 1 - Pattaya Mail - March 31st, 2021
- 2021-'22 Kindergarten Registration Underway in North Haven - Zip06.com - March 31st, 2021
- Commentary: Ocean conditions, lost habitat drive salmon concerns - The Daily World - March 31st, 2021
- Here's what to do in an active shooter situation - NorthJersey.com - March 31st, 2021
- 'Largest Welsh flag in the UK' to welcome back visitors to Wales after 'terrible year' - North Wales Live - March 31st, 2021
- Shipping movements - March 25, 2021 - Times of Malta - March 31st, 2021
- Rep. Jimmy Panetta takes up the cause of the disappearing monarch butterfly. - Monterey County Weekly - March 31st, 2021
- Latest e-book explores evolution of fluid-applied waterproofing - Construction Specifier - The Construction Specifier - March 31st, 2021
- Beware of fake COVID-19 vaccines: Here's how to spot one - ABS-CBN News - March 31st, 2021
- 5 refreshing ways to perk up your patio for the season - Yahoo News - March 31st, 2021
- The Safety and Comfort of My Patients Are Paramount at the LA Vein Center. - Magazine of Santa Clarita - March 31st, 2021
- Gaining Momentum: Over One Billion Square Feet of Space Enrolls in WELL Health-Safety Rating - Business Wire - March 31st, 2021
- Seattle Thunderbirds secure 3-2 win over the Portland Winterhawks - DUBNetwork - March 31st, 2021
- Five of the best parks in Cumbria to meet up with friends - News & Star - March 31st, 2021
- Construction on bridges over I-43 at the Hillside Interchange set to begin - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - March 21st, 2021
- Now government health officials announce bubble and seal measures after October 1st - ThaiExaminer.com - March 21st, 2021
- How do you achieve a more eco-friendly propulsion system and minimise the footprint of your vessel? - Riviera Maritime Media - March 21st, 2021
- BJP candidates approach HC against rejection of nomination - Mathrubhumi English - March 21st, 2021
- Liberation endures forever - The Jewish Standard - March 21st, 2021
- Perseverance rover records sounds of driving on Mars Spaceflight Now - Spaceflight Now - March 21st, 2021
- EDITORIAL: Welcome everyone as if they are lost German tourists - Bangor Daily News - March 21st, 2021
- The Last Unknown Takes Viewers to Some of the Most Remote Islands on Earth - Gizmodo - March 21st, 2021
- Journey Through Fire and Ice: A tour of our carbon footprint, 23 miles above the Arctic Circle - Anchorage Press - March 21st, 2021
- Gordon Ramsay roasted a chef who covered an expensive Wagyu steak with Nutella - Business Insider India - March 21st, 2021
- Global Coriolis Mass Flowmeters Market 2020 Applications, SWOT Analysis, Remarkable Growth and Competitive Landscape by 2026 KSU | The Sentinel... - March 11th, 2021
- London Gateway is now the UK port of call for two new major international shipping services - Fleet Transport - February 22nd, 2021
- Covid-19: Thailand implements 'seal and bubble' strategy to curb transmission in factories - The Edge Markets MY - February 8th, 2021
- Former Navy SEAL commander says Putin has outplayed the US and Russia is the greatest external security threat - We Are The Mighty - February 8th, 2021
- Remembering David Washbrook, and His Historical Insights on Class Relations in South Asia - The Wire - February 8th, 2021
- Native American mascots under spotlight as Massachusetts bill proposes eliminating their use in public schools - MassLive.com - February 8th, 2021
- I Bought a Reiki-Charged Candle Based on a Tarot Card Readingand You Can Too - HouseBeautiful.com - February 8th, 2021
- 6 Important Spring Cleaning Tips That Are Often Forgotten - The Apopka Voice - February 8th, 2021
- Gerresheimer Triveni receives award for its active customer management from the Indian industry association CII - Pharmaceutical Business review -... - February 8th, 2021
- Nations first Navy SEAL and local native passes away - WTAJ - www.wearecentralpa.com - January 31st, 2021
- ReCAAP ISC issues incident alert on incidents against ships in the eastbound lane of Singapore Strait - American Journal of Transportation - January 31st, 2021
- I woke up at 4:30 a.m. for a week like a Navy SEAL and it made me more productive - Yahoo News - January 31st, 2021
- Connah's Quay councillor moved to tears after community rallies once again to help those in need - LeaderLive - January 31st, 2021
- Ironton scrapes by Panthers | Sports - Huntington Herald Dispatch - January 31st, 2021
- Cocktail of the week: The Connaught Bar's Good Fellas - recipe | The good mixer - The Guardian - January 31st, 2021
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund (RRF) - Emergency Assistance to people affected by the West Sulawesi Earthquake (26 January 2021) - Indonesia -... - January 31st, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Teflon O-Rings Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Sterling Seal and Supply, Polymax,... - January 31st, 2021