Schools across North Wales have been disrupted as a result of positive coronavirus cases.
As pupils return to classrooms this month, a number of schools have had to take action as a result of Covid-19 cases among pupils and staff.
The cases have led to large groups of pupils having to isolate, and partial closures of some sections of schools.
The Welsh Government previously warned parents to expect "periods of disruption" in schools across North Wales amid the continuing coronavirus pandemic.
In an interview with North Wales Live, Welsh Government education minister Kirsty Williams said schools had worked hard planning for the reopening, which had been "mostly successful".
But there were still new cases of coronavirus and it was a reminder for people to follow the rules and practice hand hygiene and socially distance, she said.
Three schools on Anglesey have reported a positive case so far.
Last week, parents and staff at Ysgol Corn Hir, in Llangefni were informed of the positive case and relevant staff and pupils were told to self-isolate for 14 days.
Today (September 15) the local authority have confirmed that one pupil attending Ysgol y Borth, in Menai Bridge, and one pupil attending Ysgol Llanfechell have tested positive for coronavirus.
Anglesey Council said their thoughts were with the pupils who have tested positive for the virus.
A pupil has tested positive for coronavirus at Ysgol yr Hendre in Caernarfon.
The council stressed staff had been "following a stringent hygiene process and will continue to do so" and that parents had been informed "as quickly as possible".
Two reception classes will be closed until September 28 but the rest of the school will remain open as usual, the council confirmed.
It has also been confirmed that two kitchen staff members at Ysgol Friars in Bangor tested positive for coronavirus.
The school sent out an email last week informing parents that the canteen would be closed due to "unforeseen circumstances".
Parents were told to provide packed lunches for their children, but say the school did not tell them the reason why until around 11am on last Monday (September 7).
A coronavirus case was confirmed in a student at Grwp Llandrillo Menai 's Abergele campus.
The organisation confirmed people in the same class were being taught online for two weeks after the case was confirmed on September 8.
The campus remains open to other students.
In Denbighshire, 30 pupils went into self-isolation after a case was reported at Ysgol Frongoch on Rhyl Road, Denbigh.
Denbighshire County Council's lead member for education said the school and the local authority were working with Test, Trace and Protect teams and "following Welsh Government guidelines" to contain the virus.
All other classes at the site will continue as normal and and the area has been subject to a deep clean.
Five primary schools in Flintshire have been hit by positive cases this week.
On Monday, the council confirmed that there had been a positive case at St John the Baptist VA School in Penymynydd, Flintshire, with pupils in Year 4 being told to isolate.
On Tuesday, they confirmed that there had been a positive case at Ewloe Green Primary School and pupils in Year 3 at the school were now being asked to quarantine.
And on the same day, they said a positive case had impacted pupils at Saltney Wood Memorial Primary School in Flintshire.
Pupils in year 5 and 6 were being asked to isolate.
On Wednesday, it was confirmed that there has been a confirmed case at Sandycroft CP School.
Pupils in Year 3 and 4 at the school are being asked to self isolate and the school remains open to other pupils.
On Thursday, there was a confirmed case at Sealand County Primary School meaning pupils and staff in Year 4 had to self isolate.
There was also a case of a Year 7 pupil at Castell Alun High School in Hope who tested positive.
Coleg Cambria, which has sites in Flintshire and Wrexham, also confirmed that a small number of students had been self isolating due to a suspected case.
They did not say which specific site the case related to.
A primary school in Wrexham was closed for a short period after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.
St Christopher's School shut for a short period on September 7, and described the case as an "isolated incident".
See the original post:
- Sealand firing times 4 to 22 January 2021 - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - January 13th, 2021
- Global Agriculture Equipment Assembly Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Agrabase, Rockwell Automation, Fairlawn Tool, Herker Industries,... - January 13th, 2021
- Winter visitors: Seals popping up on beaches along the Outer Banks - OBXToday.com - January 9th, 2021
- Kent from the skies in the 1970s and 80s - Kent Online - January 9th, 2021
- Maersk completes brand integration - Fruitnet - January 5th, 2021
- The day Wrexham FC were Palace party-poopers and hit Charlton Athletic for six - LeaderLive - January 5th, 2021
- Will Self on being ennobled in the New Year's honours list - The New European - January 3rd, 2021
- Who Are Seal And Heidi Klum's Four Kids? | TheThings - TheThings - December 10th, 2020
- In the wake of rebrand controversy, Fletcher must learn to value community opinions - Tufts Daily - December 10th, 2020
- Bad Sex in Fiction Award Is Canceled, as 2020 Was Bad Enough - The New York Times - December 10th, 2020
- Spire Recovery Solutions Proudly Supports Fallen Military Heroes and Their Families - insideARM.com - December 10th, 2020
- Giving Powered by Matching Gifts - West Liberty University News & Media Relations - December 10th, 2020
- Great white shark attacks seal and leaves half-eaten carcass floating in harbour - Daily Star - December 10th, 2020
- Boston Celtics: The Daniel Theis and Tristan Thompson debate - Hoops Habit - December 10th, 2020
- Skip Alston Named Chairman Of The Board A Sixth Time - The Rhino TImes - December 10th, 2020
- LaRose issues statement on House passage of HB 473 - The Highland County Press - December 10th, 2020
- MOL vessel GAS AGILITY Undergoes LNG Bunkering to the world's largest LNG fueled container vessel - American Journal of Transportation - November 22nd, 2020
- The Navy is offering bonuses up to $125,000 to keep SEAL officers in uniform - Business Insider - Business Insider - November 22nd, 2020
- Veterans Day Observed with Caution in Great Falls - Virginia Connection Newspapers - November 22nd, 2020
- The spirits of Christmas: drinkable homemade gifts recipes - The Guardian - November 22nd, 2020
- Shipping industry welcomes IMO decision to give further consideration to USD 5 billion fund to accelerate decarbonization - American Journal of... - November 22nd, 2020
- Castor Oil for Hair: The Pros and Cons, According to Experts - MarieClaire.com - November 22nd, 2020
- At-home medication disposal to address rise in overdoses - Gainesville Sun - November 22nd, 2020
- Innovative retail concept Egg to launch in SA this November - Bizcommunity.com - November 17th, 2020
- JPG on board as Airfields progresses - Place North West - November 17th, 2020
- Sealand firing times 26 October to 13 November 2020 (Updated 26 October 2020) - GOV.UK - October 27th, 2020
- Going green grows jobs and cuts pollution - IOL - October 27th, 2020
- Another link in the chain - UNC Chapell Hill - October 9th, 2020
- Global and Asia Pacific Myristyl Alcohol (CAS 112 72 1) Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2027 Best Companies included in report KLK OLEO, KAO... - October 9th, 2020
- Fighting hunger with the Million Meal Movement - WISHTV.com - October 9th, 2020
- Diving into the history of the Marlborough Sounds reveals a much-changed seascape - Stuff.co.nz - October 9th, 2020
- Hundreds break covid rules to watch 'illegal street race' over the border - North Wales Live - September 18th, 2020
- Third attempt to build 150 homes on Chester flood risk area branded 'nonsense' - Cheshire Live - September 18th, 2020
- Do you remember these golden goals? Welsh stars who have scored real belters - LeaderLive - June 20th, 2020
- Heres Why Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Must Use Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - March 24th, 2020
- Man who went to see son play in band caught drink-driving on way home - LeaderLive - March 24th, 2020
- Man stabbed 56 times tells court his friend attacked him on night he's 'living over and over' - North Wales Live - March 5th, 2020
- 26 Sustainability efforts of the fashion industry in February 2020 - FashionUnited UK - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the kind-hearted truck driver who has helped feed Wrexham's homeless every week for years - LeaderLive - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the sponsor: Sealand Pacific Seafood Trading - Caterer Middle East - March 2nd, 2020
- Reporter takes to the skies: Qualicum Beach flight school now up and running - vancouverislandfreedaily.com - March 2nd, 2020
- Photographer from Deeside on 'cloud nine' with accolade - LeaderLive - February 27th, 2020
- China firms in $10 billion share sale rush as funding rules eased amid virus worries - Reuters - February 27th, 2020
- The Lunar New Year's most talked-about watches - High Horology Journal - February 27th, 2020
- Christmas saved in Sealand as Santa will be coming to the town - LeaderLive - November 30th, 2019
- Rare images of Chester FC's Sealand Road home after it's closure in 1990 - Cheshire Live - October 31st, 2019
- Major police incident on Sealand Road as Texaco garage was shut off to public - Cheshire Live - October 27th, 2019
- Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Will Have To Spend Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - October 27th, 2019
- Bloodied stab victim collapsed on Texaco garage floor while the other 'bought beer and energy drinks' - Daily Post - October 27th, 2019
- Moshe Oved silver ring, rare British petrol pump globe and William Gladstone's grandfather clock six auction highlights that caught bidders' eyes in... - October 27th, 2019
- Appeal launched over refusal of plans to store cars and caravans on green barrier land in Sealand - Deeside.com - October 20th, 2019
- Coleg Cambria volunteers clean-up streets and rivers of Deeside for community event - Wales247 - October 20th, 2019
- Land and whole farms launched as supply improves in Wales - FarmersWeekly - August 18th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - The Chester Standard - August 16th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - LeaderLive - August 14th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Other Events - Market Exclusive - August 13th, 2017
- What You Must Know About Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited's (LSE:SCGL) Major Investors - Simply Wall St - August 10th, 2017
- Sealand Capital Galaxy Ltd (SCGL) Is Yet to See Trading Action on Aug 9 - Herald KS - August 9th, 2017
- Chester floodplain housing scheme unanimously rejected - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - August 5th, 2017
- sealand | eBay - August 3rd, 2017
- Chaiken Money Flow For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Above Zero - Stock Rover - August 3rd, 2017
- Zeroing in on Yesterday's High: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - August 3rd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Mesa Moving Average Climbs Above FAMA - JCTY News - August 2nd, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)? - Rockville Register - August 1st, 2017
- Late night shopping scheme in Chester sees Park & Ride services extended - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 30th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Ichimoku Reveals Negative Momentum - Rockville Register - July 29th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited (SCGL.L)? - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand ... - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 26th, 2017
- Sealand | Fifth World Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - July 22nd, 2017
- Sealand - Wikitravel - July 22nd, 2017
- Range Rover invasion at Chester supermarket site - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 20th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Pushes Higher 37.14% - DARC News - July 20th, 2017
- WATCH: New Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 19th, 2017
- Students create app to improve post-stroke care - USC News - July 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) is a Volume Leader - Nelson Research - July 13th, 2017
- Flooding on Chester's Sealand Road after downpour - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 11th, 2017
- About Sealand - Become a Lord, Lady, Baron or Baroness - July 9th, 2017
- Neighborhood Notes: the first week of July - Mission Local - July 8th, 2017
- Maersk ransomware attack may hit 'tens of thousands' of shippers, warns analyst - The Loadstar - June 30th, 2017