The full list of North Wales schools which have reported coronavirus cases – North Wales Live

Posted: September 18, 2020 at 1:17 am

Schools across North Wales have been disrupted as a result of positive coronavirus cases.

As pupils return to classrooms this month, a number of schools have had to take action as a result of Covid-19 cases among pupils and staff.

The cases have led to large groups of pupils having to isolate, and partial closures of some sections of schools.

The Welsh Government previously warned parents to expect "periods of disruption" in schools across North Wales amid the continuing coronavirus pandemic.

In an interview with North Wales Live, Welsh Government education minister Kirsty Williams said schools had worked hard planning for the reopening, which had been "mostly successful".

But there were still new cases of coronavirus and it was a reminder for people to follow the rules and practice hand hygiene and socially distance, she said.

Anglesey

Three schools on Anglesey have reported a positive case so far.

Last week, parents and staff at Ysgol Corn Hir, in Llangefni were informed of the positive case and relevant staff and pupils were told to self-isolate for 14 days.

Today (September 15) the local authority have confirmed that one pupil attending Ysgol y Borth, in Menai Bridge, and one pupil attending Ysgol Llanfechell have tested positive for coronavirus.

Anglesey Council said their thoughts were with the pupils who have tested positive for the virus.

Gwynedd

A pupil has tested positive for coronavirus at Ysgol yr Hendre in Caernarfon.

The council stressed staff had been "following a stringent hygiene process and will continue to do so" and that parents had been informed "as quickly as possible".

Two reception classes will be closed until September 28 but the rest of the school will remain open as usual, the council confirmed.

It has also been confirmed that two kitchen staff members at Ysgol Friars in Bangor tested positive for coronavirus.

The school sent out an email last week informing parents that the canteen would be closed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Parents were told to provide packed lunches for their children, but say the school did not tell them the reason why until around 11am on last Monday (September 7).

Conwy

A coronavirus case was confirmed in a student at Grwp Llandrillo Menai 's Abergele campus.

The organisation confirmed people in the same class were being taught online for two weeks after the case was confirmed on September 8.

The campus remains open to other students.

Denbighshire

In Denbighshire, 30 pupils went into self-isolation after a case was reported at Ysgol Frongoch on Rhyl Road, Denbigh.

Denbighshire County Council's lead member for education said the school and the local authority were working with Test, Trace and Protect teams and "following Welsh Government guidelines" to contain the virus.

All other classes at the site will continue as normal and and the area has been subject to a deep clean.

Flintshire

Five primary schools in Flintshire have been hit by positive cases this week.

On Monday, the council confirmed that there had been a positive case at St John the Baptist VA School in Penymynydd, Flintshire, with pupils in Year 4 being told to isolate.

On Tuesday, they confirmed that there had been a positive case at Ewloe Green Primary School and pupils in Year 3 at the school were now being asked to quarantine.

And on the same day, they said a positive case had impacted pupils at Saltney Wood Memorial Primary School in Flintshire.

Pupils in year 5 and 6 were being asked to isolate.

On Wednesday, it was confirmed that there has been a confirmed case at Sandycroft CP School.

Pupils in Year 3 and 4 at the school are being asked to self isolate and the school remains open to other pupils.

On Thursday, there was a confirmed case at Sealand County Primary School meaning pupils and staff in Year 4 had to self isolate.

There was also a case of a Year 7 pupil at Castell Alun High School in Hope who tested positive.

Coleg Cambria, which has sites in Flintshire and Wrexham, also confirmed that a small number of students had been self isolating due to a suspected case.

They did not say which specific site the case related to.

Wrexham

A primary school in Wrexham was closed for a short period after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.

St Christopher's School shut for a short period on September 7, and described the case as an "isolated incident".

See the original post:

The full list of North Wales schools which have reported coronavirus cases - North Wales Live

Related Post