This years Truthdig Originals cover a wide range of topics, from to subjugation by corporations and creative ideas for addressing climate change to elections and uprisings all over the world. Click on the title to read the full story.
The Private Governments That Subjugate U.S. WorkersBy CHRIS HEDGES
Corporate dictatorships, under the ruling ideology of neoliberalism and libertarianism, have stripped away the rights of employees.
Governments Beware: People Are Rising Up All Over the WorldBy SONALI KOLHATKAR
When people have had enough, they meet force with resistance and resilience.
We Are Living in the Wreckage of the War on TerrorBy MAJ. DANNY SJURSEN
Conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan rage on with no end in sight. Our delusion was believing they were ever rational, winnable or meaningful.
The Cheapest Way to Save the Planet Grows Like a WeedBy ELLEN BROWN
Now that growing industrial hemp is legal nationwide, the miracle crop could solve many of our environmental, health and socioeconomic troubles in one fell swoop.
Trump May Be a White Nationalist, but American Racism Is BipartisanBy PAUL STREET
Despite its rhetoric and appearance of diversity, the Democratic Party is deeply complicit in the nations structural and institutional racism.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Refuses to Be Gaslit by The New York TimesBy KASIA ANDERSON
The congresswoman makes it clear that she doesnt agree with the papers take on her career moves.
Argentina Defies the Americas Crisis of DemocracyBy JACOB SUGARMAN
As regional powers backslide and Donald Trump looms, one nation offers a popular, progressive alternative. A dispatch from Buenos Aires.
I Know What Its Like to Be Told to Go Back to My Own CountryBy NATASHA HAKIMI ZAPATA
As the daughter of Iranian and Mexican immigrants, the presidents racist attacks on four congresswomen of color have struck me to my core.
The Supreme Court May Be Lost for a GenerationBy BILL BLUM
John Robert is the newest swing vote, but hes still a conservative. And if Trump is reelected, the GOP will likely get a sixth justice.
Donald Trumps Anti-Semitism Grows Ever BolderByILANA NOVICK
He portrays his audience at the Israeli American Councils National Summit as money-hungry villains, calling them not nice people at all.
The Real Russian Menace Is Just Hypercapitalism
By JACOB BACHARACH
A recent Washington Post feature lays bare the prejudices of our political press and its denial about how American society actually works.
The Left Is Finally Winning the War of IdeasBy LEE CAMP
Despite the establishments best efforts, progressive issues are dominating the conversationjust look at the Democratic primaries.
Presidential Candidates Refuse to Discuss the Countrys Worst CrisisBy BILL BOYARSKY
Americas homelessness problem is in plain view around the nation but conspicuously absent on the campaign trail.
Fred Hampton Lives On, 50 Years After His AssassinationBy TANA GANEVA
The Black Panther and civil rights leader pledged to fight racism with solidarity. The struggle against capitalism he championed lives on.
Who Would FDR Endorse?By CONOR LYNCH
The 32nd president understood how to leverage the popular will. Progressive candidates would be wise to embrace brand of his politics.
Lesbians Are a Target of Male Violence the World OverBy JULIE BINDELIn many countries, they have won legislative equality. But the grim reality is that they still have reason to fear for their safety.
Britains Choice Is Socialism or BarbarismBy ALAN MINSKY
In the Dec. 12 general election, the U.K. had to decide between a humane future or an ethnonationalist lurch toward the right.
Google Secretly Harvests the Health Data of MillionsBy JULIANNE TVETEN
A recent Wall Street Journal expos arouses a familiar sense of dread about Silicon Valley companies and privacy.
NATO Is as Good as DeadBy SCOTT RITTER
The 70-year-old alliance has been fraying since the collapse of the Soviet Union. Donald Trumps presidency may finish it off altogether.
Los Angeles Countys District Attorney Must Go, and Heres WhyBy MELINA ABDULLAH and RASHAD ROBINSON
Jackie Lacey, who oversees the largest prosecutorial office in the nation, has a pattern of neglecting black, brown and poor Angelenos.
Read the original here:
The Best Truthdig Originals of 2019 - Truthdig
- Theres no right to infect - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - July 21st, 2020
- The Disastrous Handling of the Pandemic is Libertarianism in Action, Will Americans Finally Say Good Riddance? - CounterPunch - July 21st, 2020
- Justin Amash's Tenure as the Libertarian Party's First Member in Congress Will Be Shortlived - Reason - July 21st, 2020
- You don't have the right to put others at risk by not wearing a mask - Newsday - July 21st, 2020
- The Libertarian Case for Immigration (and Against Trump) - Lawfare - July 21st, 2020
- We have now reached peak Libertarianism and it is literally killing us - AlterNet - July 21st, 2020
- Ted Cruz: Future of conservatism is populist and libertarian - Washington Examiner - July 21st, 2020
- Are the British conformist or libertarian? Our face mask response is telling - The Guardian - July 21st, 2020
- Chad Blair: There's A High Bar For Legislative Candidates Without A - Honolulu Civil Beat - July 21st, 2020
- 3 highlights from Penn Jillette's Big Think interview on 2020, cancel culture, and friendship - Big Think - July 21st, 2020
- They praise John Lewis but hate Black voting rights and Black Lives Matter. - Mother Jones - July 21st, 2020
- Md. on the Hook for $27K in Legal Fees to Conservative Group - Josh Kurtz - July 21st, 2020
- Why Boris Johnson is having to sacrifice his libertarian values in the battle against coronavirus - Telegraph.co.uk - July 21st, 2020
- Weber Reaffirms Commitment to Preserving 2nd Amendment Rights - TAPinto.net - July 21st, 2020
- Your Illinois News Radar Longshot day at the ISBE - The Capitol Fax Blog - July 21st, 2020
- Those who claim wearing masks to be un-American haven't thought through the problem - KRWG - July 21st, 2020
- N.Y. Primary: Who Is on the Ballot? - The New York Times - June 22nd, 2020
- We Watched the Libertarian Party Vice Presidential Debate So You Didn't Have To - Reason - May 27th, 2020
- That Time the Libertarian Party Debated the Private Ownership of Nuclear Weapons - Reason - May 27th, 2020
- The truth about 'I'm with her' - CNN - May 27th, 2020
- You Dont Have to Like the Decree, But Wear Face Masks Anyway - Bacon's Rebellion - May 27th, 2020
- Justin Amash, Ross Perot and the third-party future: Ranked choice voting is the answer - Salon - May 27th, 2020
- An outbreak anywhere is an outbreak everywhere - Modern Diplomacy - May 14th, 2020
- Libertarian Party To Choose Its Presidential Ticket in Virtual Vote Over Memorial Day Weekend - Reason - May 11th, 2020
- Johnson address shows he has been swayed by hawks in his cabinet - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Dershowitz Defends and Criticizes Flynn by Railing Against Entrapment and Fair-Weather Civil Libertarians - Law & Crime - May 11th, 2020
- Analysis: Reeves tries to balance concerns of health, jobs - Associated Press - May 11th, 2020
- Originalism, Common-Good Originalism, and Common-Good Constitutionalism - Reason - May 11th, 2020
- Libertarian, Green parties sue over Illinois election rules - The Southern - April 9th, 2020
- Lawsuit Filed by Green and Libertarian Parties Over Petitioning Issues Because of Stay at Home Order - wcsjnews.com - April 9th, 2020
- This Libertarian Country Defeated The Coronavirus With The Free Market - Patheos - April 9th, 2020
- Is Passover the Most Libertarian Holiday? - Reason - April 9th, 2020
- Liberty of Movement and Assembly - Reason - April 9th, 2020
- The Most-Watched Show in America Is a Moral Failure - The Atlantic - April 9th, 2020
- The Coronavirus Outbreak Is Exposing Government Follies on Many Levels - Reason - April 9th, 2020
- Three political philosophies, and how they apply to the coronavirus pandemic - BioEdge - April 9th, 2020
- A Little-Known Democratic Governor Is Breaking Out in Kentucky - The Intercept - April 9th, 2020
- The Coronavirus Pandemic Has Set Off A Massive Expansion Of Government Surveillance. Civil Libertarians Aren't Sure What To Do. - BuzzFeed News - March 31st, 2020
- Aiming for KO in KY The only Republican primary challenger with the backing of the RJC - Jewish Insider - March 31st, 2020
- In a pandemic, Nobody thinks we should smoke more weed - The Boston Globe - March 31st, 2020
- How the Right Went Far-Right - The American Prospect - March 31st, 2020
- Margaret Thatcher, Libertarianism, and the Etherization of the Single Tax - Merion West - March 24th, 2020
- On the 2020 Campaign Trail, Where's the Truth on the Economy? - The Liberator Online - March 24th, 2020
- In Remembrance of Jon Basil Utley (1934-2020) | Cato @ Liberty - Cato Institute - March 24th, 2020
- The coronavirus crisis ignites a bonfire of Conservative party orthodoxies - The Guardian - March 24th, 2020
- letters to the Editor: March 5, 2020 | Opinion - Indianapolis Recorder - March 5th, 2020
- What to know ahead of Super Tuesday primary in North Carolina - Charlotte Post - March 5th, 2020
- Missouris presidential primary is March 10. Heres what to know before you vote - The Rolla Daily News - March 5th, 2020
- Without Government, Who Will Build The Roads? - The Libertarian Republic - March 5th, 2020
- Missouri's Presidential Primary Is March 10 Here's What Voters Need To Know - KCUR - March 5th, 2020
- Here's who's officially in the federal, statewide and Fulton elections on qualifying's Day 3 - The Catoosa County News - March 5th, 2020
- Voters in Fayetteville and across NC to make choices in Tuesday's primary election - The Fayetteville Observer - March 5th, 2020
- Evolution in action in the Middle East - Boulder Weekly - March 5th, 2020
- Today is primary day. Here's what you need to know. - Hickory Daily Record - March 5th, 2020
- Qualifying for 2020 election has started in Georgia. Here's who has made the cut - Forsyth County News Online - March 5th, 2020
- Andrew Yang launches nonprofit aimed at making his former campaign's ideas a reality - WICZ - March 5th, 2020
- Senior services support,county commissioners races on primary ballot; Here is a list of what you - Galion Inquirer - January 27th, 2020
- Republican Party chairs chose Jacobs as 27th District Congressional candidate - The Daily News Online - January 27th, 2020
- Tyler Cowen on "State Capacity Libertarianism" II: Is it the Right Path for Libertarians to Follow? - Reason - January 25th, 2020
- Libertarianism and assassination - Nolan Chart LLC - January 25th, 2020
- Peter Thiels Latest Venture Is the American Government - New York Magazine - January 25th, 2020
- Six things to know about the primary election - Shelby Star - January 25th, 2020
- Joe Rogans Endorsement Is One of the Most Influential in America - VICE - January 25th, 2020
- State Election Board Releases Official 2020 Voter Registration Statistics - The Marlow Review - January 25th, 2020
- Tyler Cowen on "State Capacity Libertarianism" I: Is it the Wave of the "Smart" Libertarian Future? - Reason - January 18th, 2020
- A Conversation with a Libertarian Observed | Mark Shea - Patheos - January 18th, 2020
- The Evolving Libertarianism of Neil Peart - National Review - January 18th, 2020
- Why Libertarians Have a Love-hate Relationship With the 10th Amendment - HowStuffWorks - January 18th, 2020
- Did Vermin Supreme Win the New Hampshire Libertarian Primary? - Heavy.com - January 18th, 2020
- Last of the Hollywood libertarians: why the outrage over Vince Vaughn's handshake with Trump? - The Telegraph - January 18th, 2020
- Elizabeth Warrens evasions and other commentary - New York Post - January 18th, 2020
- State Election Board releases official 2020 voter registration statistics - Claremore Daily Progress - January 18th, 2020
- Liberty and Death - Splice Today - January 18th, 2020
- Lincoln Chafee on SS Privatization, Drugs, and When Taxation is Theft - The Libertarian Republic - January 18th, 2020
- Does Gun Girl Kaitlin Bennett Hate America And Also The Constitution? - Wonkette - January 18th, 2020
- Justin Amash's Biggest Fiscally Conservative National Donors Are Abandoning His Re-election Bid - Reason - January 18th, 2020
- In California: Get ready to matter in the presidential primary - USA TODAY - January 18th, 2020
- 'Sister Wives': Kody Brown Is Going to Hang Out With This 2020 Presidential Candidate - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 18th, 2020
- The Libertarian Movement Needs a Kick in the Pants - Reason - January 7th, 2020
- What libertarianism has become and will become State Capacity Libertarianism - Hot Air - January 7th, 2020