The best Caribbean beaches in the world are all within reach of Northern Ohio. And there are plenty of islands bursting with adventures, activities, clear water and stunning natural sites. The question remains, which Caribbean island is best suited for you?
The way to determine that is simple. Visit the island. And you can do so by cruise ship, where you can spend the day getting a lovely taste of the area. Here are some exceptional Caribbean islands that most of the major cruise lines call on.
Discover all of Antiguas amazing treasures and fascinating past. Explore three of Antiguas best-known locations while traveling through the heart of the countryside, past rolling hills and local villages. Visit the famous Nelsons Dockyard, the worlds only Georgian-era dockyard still in use, Blockhouse Ruins, and Shirley Heights for an amazing view of the harbor. Relax as you explore one of the most gorgeous cities in the eastern Caribbean.
Embark on a leisurely cruise from St. Lucias north coast to discover the magnificent volcanic peaks known as the Gros and Petit Pitons. Rising dramatically from the ocean, these incredible geographic landmarks each reach heights of more than 2,000 feet. After your visit to the Pitons, continue sailing northward, with a stop for swimming and a visit to Marigot Bay.
Explore the island of Aruba on a scenic drive. Enjoy spectacular views while learning about the culture and rich history of Aruba. Visit key landmarks and natural wonders. See the charming capital of Oranjestad, with its Dutch Colonial architecture, and schooner harbor. Marvel at the unusual geological formations of the Casibari Rock Formations. See the gold mill ruins, breathtaking beaches, and the natural bridge, a geological wonder formed by the forces of the wind and the sea.
Visit St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, and explore its historic, cultural and natural sites. Marvel at St. Croixs tropical beauty and captivating views as you make your way along the island. Learn about the cultural traditions of the islanders before arriving to the historical town of Christiansted. Browse the shops or enjoy a stroll over to the famous Fort Christiansvern.
Explore natures island with unspoiled beauty, a divers dream and its listed as one of the 10 best destinations to dive. A hikers paradise with 300 miles of trails a true nature lovers dream and an adventure, unlike any other Caribbean destination. Dominica has volcanic peaks, boiling waters and underwater champagne springs, sparkling waterfalls, rushing streams, rainforest canopies with spectacular drops and a submerged volcanic crater.
A gateway isle of the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. Its known for its beaches and snorkeling spots and duty free shopping. Territorial capital Charlotte Amalie, founded by the Danish in the 1600s, is a busy cruise-ship port. Historic buildings include a 1679 watch tower, Blackbeards Castle, in reference to the areas pirate history. On the harbor, 17th-century Fort Christian is now a local-history museum.
St. Maarten / St. Martin
St. Martin is part of the Leeward Islands in the Caribbean Sea. It comprises two- separate countries, divided between its northern French side, Saint Martin, and its southern Dutch side, St. Maarten. The island is home to busy resort beaches and secluded coves. Its also known for fusion cuisine, vibrant nightlife and duty-free shops selling jewelry and liquor.
Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands, a British overseas territory in the Caribbean. George Town, its capital, is home to the Cayman Islands National Museum, dedicated to Caymanian heritage. The city is also a major cruise-ship port and site of the ruins of colonial-era Fort George. Beaches and vibrant coral reefs are the islands hallmarks.
A Caribbean island nation has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. Many of its all-inclusive resorts are clustered in Montego Bay, with its British-colonial architecture, and Negril, known for its diving and snorkeling sites. Jamaica is famed as the birthplace of reggae music, and its capital Kingston is home to the Bob Marley Museum, dedicated to the famous singer.
Turks and Caicos
An archipelago of 40 low-lying coral islands in the Atlantic Ocean, a British overseas territory southeast of the Bahamas. The gateway island of Providenciales, known as Provo, is home to expansive Grace Bay Beach, with luxury resorts, shops and restaurants. Scuba-diving sites include a 14-mile barrier reef on Provos north shore and a dramatic 2,134m underwater wall off Grand Turk Island.
Arlene Goldberg is president and owner of Action Travel Center in Solon.
Content provided by our advertising partner.
Read the original:
- Caribbean & Mexico Vacation Packages - All Inclusive Resorts ... - January 27th, 2020
- From Pakistan to the Caribbean: Curry's journey around the world - CNN - January 27th, 2020
- Cat sails the waters of the Caribbean since she was a kitten - Metro.co.uk - January 27th, 2020
- Reimagining the Caribbean's identity - Dominican Today - January 27th, 2020
- Women Who Made Their Mark on Caribbean Music to Headline Best of The Best Music Fest - South Florida Caribbean News - January 27th, 2020
- 15 Luxurious All-Inclusive Resorts In The Caribbean (That Are Cheaper Than You Thought) - TheTravel - January 27th, 2020
- Buy Royal Caribbean Even Though Coronavirus Fears Are Slamming the Stock, Scott Black Says - Barron's - January 27th, 2020
- Family of toddler who fell to her death off a cruise ship says Royal Caribbean provided a 'false narrative' - Wink News - January 27th, 2020
- Harry Potter Star Reportedly Eyed To Lead Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - January 27th, 2020
- Sally's: The Team Behind Sally Roots Brings Asian-Influenced Caribbean Food to Bed-Stuy - BKLYNER - January 27th, 2020
- Zac Efron Rumored To Play Jack Sparrow In "Pirates of the Caribbean" Reboot - Inside the Magic - January 27th, 2020
- 15 Under-The-Radar Caribbean Destinations Better Than Turks And Caicos - TheTravel - January 27th, 2020
- PAHO Director urges Caribbean to Prepare for Early Detection of Coronavirus - caribbeannationalweekly.com - January 27th, 2020
- Religious keep momentum of Amazon synod alive in wider Latin American, Caribbean region - Global Sisters Report - January 20th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean: Grandfather 'reckless' in toddler death: report - Fox Business - January 20th, 2020
- Mottley warns of attempts to divide the Caribbean - Jamaica Gleaner - January 20th, 2020
- Mix up financing to better protect Caribbean, say experts - World - ReliefWeb - January 20th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 10 Best Jack Sparrow Quotes - Screen Rant - January 20th, 2020
- St. Thomas named one of Caribbean's best fishing destinations - Virgin Islands Daily News - January 20th, 2020
- 10 unexpected foods to eat on the Caribbean island of Curacao - USA Today 10Best - January 18th, 2020
- Dominica Is the Fastest Growing Economy in Latin America and the Caribbean Region Thanks to Booming Tourism and Citizenship by Investment, UN ECLAC... - January 18th, 2020
- A busy year in the Caribbean: Elections - Global Americans - January 18th, 2020
- I spent a day on Richard Branson's private island in the Caribbean. It was as spectacular as you can imagine. - Business Insider - January 18th, 2020
- From Vision to Action: Latin American and Caribbean Cities Ready for a Paradigm Shift in Road Safety - TheCityFix - January 18th, 2020
- PHOTOS: Disney Reveals Sneak Peek at February's Pirates of the Caribbean Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction Line - wdwnt.com - January 18th, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - January 15th, 2020
- New Thoughts on the Colonization of the Caribbean - Archaeology - January 15th, 2020
- Stony coral tissue loss disease is sweeping through Caribbean reefs. Can these students find the answers? - News@Northeastern - January 15th, 2020
- Study puts the 'Carib' in 'Caribbean,' boosting credibility of Columbus' cannibal claims - University of Florida - January 15th, 2020
- The Rhythm Lounge & Grill is offering live music and Caribbean-inspired food at Marketplace Maill - Winston-Salem Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Church Shares Caribbean Culture to Build Local Connections - WGLT News - January 15th, 2020
- The face of reparations - Caribbean Life - January 15th, 2020
- Warming Climate Causes Dengue Fever Outbreak in Caribbean Leading to Almost 1400 Deaths in the Last Year - One Green Planet - January 15th, 2020
- Curtain Bluff, an All-Inclusive Caribbean Classic, Is Better Than Ever - Caribbean Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Leonardo DiCaprio saves man who fell overboard in the Caribbean - Consequence of Sound - January 15th, 2020
- Leonardo DiCaprio helps save man who fell overboard in the Caribbean - CBS News - January 15th, 2020
- Hilton Is Opening a New Caribbean Resort in St Kitts - Caribbean Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Win trip to the Caribbean by getting fit at F45 Training Tysons - Patch.com - January 15th, 2020
- Reflecting on 2019 and Caribbean finance | Business - Jamaica Gleaner - January 15th, 2020
- Latin American and Caribbean economies to grow 1.8 percent in 2020 - Global Americans - January 15th, 2020
- Can Bees Add a Fresh Buzz to the Caribbean's $56 Billion Tourism Market? - OZY - December 13th, 2019
- Revealed: how the Caribbean became a haven for Jews fleeing Nazi tyranny - The Guardian - December 13th, 2019
- Curtain Bluff, Antigua: laid-back luxury in the Caribbean - The Week UK - December 13th, 2019
- Spices of the Winter Gala celebrates Caribbean culture - The Ticker - December 13th, 2019
- When the Caribbean Islands became home to hundreds of thousands of Jews escaping persecution - Face2Face Africa - December 13th, 2019
- Bella Hadid went braless under a sheer halter top during her trip to the Caribbean - Business Insider - December 13th, 2019
- At the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a Look at the Ancient Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - December 13th, 2019
- Canada's RBC to divest Eastern Caribbean operations - Verdict - December 13th, 2019
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: The 10 Most Terrifying Moments - Screen Rant - December 13th, 2019
- 20 Best Caribbean Islands to Visit Today - The Trend Spotter - November 17th, 2019
- Internationalisation of TTIs in the Caribbean - University World News - November 17th, 2019
- Caribbean Hispanics and Baseball: How to Connect In and Outside the U.S. - Portada-online.com - November 17th, 2019
- Joanna Lumley To Uncover The Hidden Caribbean In Her Latest Adventure For ITV - Deadline - November 17th, 2019
- UN spotlights 'explosive' obesity rates, hunger in Latin America and Caribbean - UN News - November 17th, 2019
- This Indian version of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme is too infectious for words - Classic FM - November 17th, 2019
- BVI Food Fete Offers a Tantalizing Taste of the Caribbean - TravelPulse - November 17th, 2019
- Viceroy to Open Caribbean Overwater Bungalow Resort in 2021 - Caribbean Journal - November 17th, 2019
- The Best Destinations in the Caribbean - TravelersToday - November 17th, 2019
- Panorama of Food and Nutritional Security in Latin America and the Caribbean - World - ReliefWeb - November 17th, 2019
- Carnival Fascination to Sail New Caribbean Itineraries - Cruise Hive - November 17th, 2019
- Latin America & the Caribbean: Weekly Situation Update (4-11 November 2019) As of 11 November 2019 - World - ReliefWeb - November 17th, 2019
- Montauk Meets The Caribbean: Navy Beach Opens In St.Thomas And St. Maarten - Forbes - October 20th, 2019
- Study explores why Caribbean adults have higher hypertension rates - Yale News - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean Shows the Way to a Renewable Future - Greentech Media News - October 20th, 2019
- Two Universities Sign Historic Agreement on Slavery Reparations in the Caribbean - The Good Men Project - October 20th, 2019
- This Top Caribbean Eco-Resort Is Returning in 2020 - Caribbean Journal - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbeans Adventure of the Seas requests help from Coast Guard off Jersey Shore - USA TODAY - October 20th, 2019
- Best Snorkeling and Scuba Destinations in the Caribbean - Fodor's Travel - October 20th, 2019
- Karen Gillan Being Eyed To Lead Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - October 20th, 2019
- 'Dancing With the Stars': James Van Der Beek's Kids Adorably Recreate His 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Routine - PopCulture.com - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean, India's Golden Triangle, safari in southern Africa and other holiday favourites - The Times - October 20th, 2019
- Tropical Storm Nestor: Will swirling vortex reach the Caribbean? - Express.co.uk - October 20th, 2019
- Tiny Caribbean Island is the Only Place with Cist Graves in the Americas - Ancient Origins - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbean Stock Will Outperform, Analyst Says - Barron's - October 20th, 2019
- Caribbean jerk chicken and a savory side - Auburn Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Walk in the Footsteps of Alexander Hamilton on This Tiny Caribbean Island - Smithsonian - August 25th, 2017
- A Taste Of The Caribbean In Philadelphia - CBS Philly - August 20th, 2017
- African slaves were both medical guinea pigs and scientists on ... - Quartz - August 20th, 2017
- Harvey Could Rebound in the Western Caribbean; Two Other Areas Are Being Monitored For Tropical Development - Wunderground.com (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical cyclone expected Thursday from wave nearing Caribbean - Miami Herald - August 20th, 2017