The Bahamas (Vax Before Travel)
The warm Caribbean Sea and sandy beaches of The Bahamas are once again welcoming millions of vacationers from around the world.
However, due to the ongoing fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic, entry requirements for The Bahamas have changed, says the U.S. Embassy for The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Furthermore, the new restrictions and regulations can change with little or no advanced notice, stated the US Embassy on March 4, 2021. Before departing on your trip, review the guidance directly from the Bahamian government at the Office of the Prime Ministers webpage.
Each visitor to The Bahamas must go to gov.bs, select International, and submit a Travel Health Visa Application. The application will require a negative RT PCR molecular nasal swab COVID-19 test result.
Prospective visitors must present the final confirmation document of their Travel Health Visa application, along with their negative RT PCR COVID-19 test results, upon boarding flights to The Bahamas and again upon arrival in The Bahamas.
Certain travelers are exempt from presenting a COVID-19 test: Children under the age of 10, pilots and crew who will remain in The Bahamas for not more than one night; a person traveling from any island, except New Providence, or Grand Bahama, to any otherBahamian island.
Visitors entering The Bahamas or traveling inter-island agree to monitor by self-reporting through the completion of a daily health questionnaire for 14 days or the duration of stay (whichever is shorter); by the Ministry of Health; by members of the COVID-19 Enforcement Unit; and by unscheduled visits by the Royal Bahamian Police Force.
A person traveling to The Bahamas on a commercial or personal vessel whose arrival in The Bahamas extends beyond the five days for a valid PT PCR OVID 19 molecular diagnostic test result will be granted a Travel Health Pass via upon application and permitted to enter The Bahamas provided the captain of that vessel can prove at their point of entry into The Bahamas that the vessels travel to The Bahamas was a direct one with no prior stops to any other ports of call.
For visitors staying four nights and five days or longer, on Day 5 of the visit, a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test must be taken by any individual who enters The Bahamas or who travels inter-island from New Providence or Grand Bahama, and the results must be submitted to the Ministry of Health online via the health travel website.
Every port of entry in every Family Island shall be closed except for any port, which is a public dock. All individuals entering by boat must follow all entry requirements above, plus must stop at the port of entry of their intended destination and deliver a copy of their negative RT PCR test results, not more than five days old, and a copy of their valid Travel Health Visa.
If a visitor traveling by boat is symptomatic, they must go to the first port of call and submit to the RT PCR COVID-19 test and mandatory quarantine until the test results are available. If the RT PCR COVID-19 test result is positive, the individual must remain in compulsory quarantine for 14 days or the duration of stay, whichever is shorter.
A list of COVID-19 test sites is available herescroll down to DAY-FIVE COVID-19 TESTING SITES.
All visitors are required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Travel Health Visa. The insurance covers travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
For questions regarding Bahamian visa extensions for residents and/or tourists, please visit the Bahamas Immigration.
Any person who fails to undergo the rapid COVID-19 rapid antigen test is liable to a fine of $1,000 or one-month imprisonment.
This summary does not include information on retail, restaurants, social gatherings, and other areas. To learn about current restrictions due to COVID-19, please regularly check the websites noted above.
Furthermore, the U.S. CDC says, visit your doctor at least one month before your trip to get travel vaccinesor medicines you may need. A list of travel vaccines is posted on this CDC website.
Vax-Before-Travel publishes research-based travel news.
The rest is here:
- Caribbean Business - Business Formation In The Bahamas Vs The US: The Caribbean Shines - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News - News Americas - May 16th, 2021
- 5 Top-Rated AirBnBs for Your Get Away in Nassau, Bahamas - The Good Men Project - May 16th, 2021
- WE CANNOT TAKE RISKS: Henfield defends extended travel ban against Haiti; five Bahamians repatriated last week - EyeWitness News - May 16th, 2021
- EDITORIAL: Elsworth rattles the sabre but ignores the fight - Bahamas Tribune - May 16th, 2021
- Use of The Bahamas' vast ocean resources Bahamas Development Bank looks at the potential and offers grants for training - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Baha Mar Resorts in Bahamas offer free repatriation for Covid patients - ITIJ - May 14th, 2021
- Earn 100,000 with this dream job in the Bahamas - Euronews - May 14th, 2021
- Human Rights Bahamas hits out at Bannister, government over shanty town comments - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- Michael Strachan's wild journey: From The Bahamas to Division II to the Colts - The Athletic - May 14th, 2021
- When you can see historic steam locomotive Bahamas pass through Reading and Slough this summer - Berkshire Live - May 14th, 2021
- Johnson: Shantytown demolition is in best interest of The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- SOCIETY OF LAWS: DPM says Bahamas must take a stand against shantytowns if it doesn't want to be like Haiti - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- UN Experts Urge The Bahamas To Halt Plans To Demolish 600 Homes - Scoop.co.nz - May 14th, 2021
- ANY DAY NOW: Bahamas will continue to issue first and second doses while awaiting vaccine balance arrival - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Bahamas locomotive in Surrey: When and where you can see the historic loco in 2021 - Surrey Live - May 14th, 2021
- CONFIDENCE: Wilchcombe says West GB and Bimini will make the right choice at the polls - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- REMOVE THEM: Rape allegations spur human rights group to demand ban on male officers at immigration safe house - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Study: Living wage in New Providence is $2625 and $3550 in Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- Absolute explosion of health visa applications; reports of returning Bahamians unable to receive health visas - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Briland rebound beats projection 'by over 25-30%' - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- RBDF calls off search for boater missing for more than a week - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- RBDF's Entry 41 and Woman Entry 13 give back to community - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- What's New In The Bahamas In May - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Celebrates Travel Agents With Virtual Party In 'Da Backyard' - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- From The Bahamas to Grenada, Caribbean Resorts for Remote Work - Caribbean Journal - May 7th, 2021
- A Bahamas family is offering a dream $120k caretaker job for their homes with insane perks - Republic TV - May 7th, 2021
- This Family Will Pay You Rs 1 Crore to Look After Their Estate in the Bahamas - News18 - May 7th, 2021
- THE SKIES ARE OURS: Bahamas assumes historical management of sovereign airspace - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Rich family seeks couple to work as live-in cleaners in the Bahamas for 90,000 salary - The Independent - May 7th, 2021
- Millions allocated for Bahamas energy transformation Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- With vaccinations on board, CBF disaster relief looks toward unfinished work in Bahamas - Baptist News Global - May 7th, 2021
- What's new in the Islands of The Bahamas in May - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - May 7th, 2021
- Eight migrants charged with attempting to illegally enter US from Bahamas - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Family looking for couple to work on private island in the Bahamas - Metro.co.uk - May 7th, 2021
- Another fantasy island in The Bahamas hits the market, along with Exuma's getaway home - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TAKE ACTION OR PAY: Public health measures must be followed and enforced or cases will continue to rise, health official warns - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Carolyn Cooper | Yvonne Skeffrey a Jamaican at home in the Bahamas - Jamaica Gleaner - May 7th, 2021
- US to export 10 percent of vaccine supplies to other countries by July 4 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TEETERING: More cases in April than first three months of 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- WET WEATHER INCOMING: Another active hurricane season projected for 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- MORE AND MORE: Nearly 200000 registered to vote; more than 500 added in the last month - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SUCCESS EXPECTED: Sandals has no doubt NP resort will reopen fully booked out after $37M renovation - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- PwC in the Caribbean and the PwC Charitable Foundation donate $100K to St Vincent volcano relief efforts - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SLOW CLIMB: Govt revenue improves in third quarter but still down nearly 30 percent - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Welcomes Visitors With Even More Ways To Travel This Summer - PRNewswire - April 23rd, 2021
- NFL stars converge on the Bahamas to soak up the sun - Page Six - April 23rd, 2021
- No Bahamas team for the World Relays - Bahamas Tribune - April 23rd, 2021
- TURBULENCE: Parts of Bahamas see tornados and waterspouts - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- Bahamas Petroleum to reset and rebrand as Challenger Energy Group - Proactive Investors UK - April 23rd, 2021
- American Airlines announces service expansion to The Bahamas | New York Carib News - NYCaribNews - April 23rd, 2021
- GAINING MOMENTUM: MSC Cruises could be third major cruise line this year to start homeporting in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- The Bahamas International Travel Information - April 21st, 2021
- The Best Bahamas Vacation Packages 2021 - Tripadvisor - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Updates Bahamas Travel Advisory, What's the Impact on Cruises? - Cruise Hive - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Raises Warning, Advises Against Traveling to Bahamas - Cruise Radio - April 21st, 2021
- 'DON'T GO THERE': U.S. puts Bahamas back on top level alert as cases rise - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Why vacationing in the Bahamas now is a dream come true - New York Post - April 21st, 2021
- The Island of Grand Bahama Is Heating Up Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals Planning Renovation at Bahamas All-Inclusive Resort - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Man killed in plane crash off The Bahamas - Nation News - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals celebrates 25 year in the Bahamas with multi-million-dollar renovation - Travelweek - April 21st, 2021
- Bahamas to research mental wellbeing of seafarers ShipInsight - ShipInsight - April 21st, 2021
- Bryan and Sarah Baeumler on reopening their Bahamas resort after the pandemic halted all operations - Post City - April 21st, 2021
- From emergency to recovery: Delivering water, sanitation, and hygiene - Mercy Corps - April 21st, 2021
- IN JEOPARDY: BHTA president warns against apathy and COVID fatigue injuring tourism industry rebound - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Son dead and father in hospital after Bimini crash - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FACE TO FACE: Setting out the path to giving women a fairer deal - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Bimini plane crash leaves son dead and father in hospital - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Three men arrested and charged for illegal landing following viral video showing migrants living in bus - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Vaccinations resume on Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FULLY RECOVERED: Commodore King says small function unlikely source of COVID exposure - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Sology Solutions and Open Systems Technologies International (Bahamas) Limited Partner to Drive Technology Innovation and Create Jobs in the Bahamas -... - April 13th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean is working to get more flight options to the Bahamas - Royal Caribbean Blog - April 13th, 2021
- Disney in 75 percent fleet visit promise to The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- The Bahamas sends its condolences after the death of Prince Philip - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- RUM BUSINESS BOOST: Bahamas rum exports to benefit from over $110M in EU-supported trade development for the Caribbean - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- GOALPOST: Bahamas aiming to vaccinate 80 percent of population to achieve herd immunity against COVID - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- Central Bank of Bahamas shares updates on Sand dollar CBDC progress - The Paypers - April 13th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: A dear friend of The Bahamas dies - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- ON THE BANDWAGON: More than 10K people in The Bahamas vaccinated against COVID so far - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021