With Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks regularly creating instant classics, many people recognise we are witnessing a golden age of animated movies.
However, for every Toy Story there is an Emoji Movie and dozens of duds (according to critics) have been released over the years.
Newsweek rounds up the very worst animations ever released, according to movie review aggregator MetaCritic.
An emoji face is being deleted after he accidentally confuses a message his user texts a love interest.
The Emoji Movie was universally panned by both critics and audiences, and The New York Times' Glen Kenny dubbed the film "nakedly idiotic", adding the animation plays off an industry idea the "panderingly, trendily idiotic can be made to seem less so."
This animation tells the story of Yugi, a boy captivated by the Duel Monsters! card game sweeping the world.
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie was also the lowest-rated animated film on Metacritic, until the film was surpassed by The Emoji Movieand Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Don't watch the TV show or play the card game? Then this movie is not for you."
Retired vet Sir Billi (voiced by Sean Connery) encounters a fugitive and decides to save his life.The negative reaction to the film was widely reported in the British press and Variety's Peter Debruge dubbed the animation "woefully anaemic," and unimpressed by the movie's "simplistic story and non-sequitur style."
The Internet becomes a theater of war for the DigiDestined and their Digimon companions, as the pocket-sized pets begin another epic adventure.
Digimon: Digital Monsters was savaged by movie critics and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Digimon is better than Pokemon, but it's still a predictable movie with mediocre animation."
Red Riding Hood is called upon to investigate the strange disappearance of duo Hansel and Gretel.
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil received very negative reviews and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "It may add 3D to the original, but Hoodwinked Too! is missing the first installment's wit and refreshingly low-budget charm."
This futuristic thriller sees a group of rebels attempt to save America's economy from a corrupt government agency.
Gary Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times wrote: "This eccentric diatribe set in a dystopic near-future has a lot on its Ron Paul-esque mind but lacks the means or finesse to present an even remotely persuasive case."
Avuncular polar bear Norm and his three lemming friends head to New York after a real estate development invades their Arctic home.
The movie was not popular with critics and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "A pioneering feat in the field of twerking polar bear animation but blearily retrograde in every other respect, Norm of the North should only be screened in case of parental emergency."
Trainer Ash and his friends travel to a stunning mountain town, where they will battle the most mysterious of all Pokmonthe Unown.
Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus sums up the poor reviews, stating: "Critics say that the third Pokemon movie has a better plot than its two predecessors. This is not enough, however, to recommend it to those not already fans of the franchise."
Teenage monkey Spark, who lives on an abandoned planet is tasked with saving the galaxy when power-hungry aliens attack.
Despite boasting an all-star cast of voice actors, critics were left unimpressed, with Peter Sobczynski writing in RogerEbert.com: "Spark: A Space Tail [is] an utterly lifeless and profoundly unoriginal animated effort that is desperately lacking the very thing in its title.
A middle-aged alcoholic is sentenced to community service to reform his bad habits, after running into trouble with the law.
The animations received generally unfavourable reviews from critics and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "[Adam] Sandler returns to his roots in this nauseating concoction filled with potty humor and product placements."
This Magic Roundabout spinoff finds Florence and her animal friends threatened when an evil wizard attempts to trigger an ice age.
The movie was unpopular with critics and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Overloaded with pop culture references, but lacking in compelling characters and plot, Doogal is too simple-minded even for the kiddies".
The Chipmunks and Chipettes land on a deserted, tropical island and swiftly learn they are not really alone.
Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Lazy, rote, and grating, Chipwrecked is lowest-common-denominator family entertainment that's strictly for the very, very, very young at heart."
A jaded fairy princess' ex-boyfriend attempts to win her back in this musical inspired by Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Like most modern animated movies, Strange Magic is lovely to look at; unfortunately, there isn't much going on beneath the surface."
This famous Biblical tale revolves around reluctant prophet Moses who was the only man in Biblical history to look upon the face of God.
The Ten Commandments received mainly negative reviews from critics, with Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus stating: "The Ten Commandments proves that not even one of humanity's most enduring tales is strong enough to overcome a biblical plague of cheap-looking animation."
Pokmon trainers must save Celebi before it destroys the forest after an evil hunter arrives on the scene.
The animation received overwhelmingly negative reviews and Rotten Tomatoes' critics' consensus states: "Only for diehard Pokemon fans."
Dorothy returns to Oz to save her friends Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man from the Wicked Witch of the West's younger brother.
The movie's all-star cast could not save it from a critical mauling, with Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus stating: "Faced with the choice between staying in or seeing Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return, most filmgoers will be forced to conclude that there's no place like home."
Two siblings are transported to the fantastical world of Playmobil, where one winds up in the clutches of an evil emperor and his sister battles to rescue him.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Much like the toys it advertises, Playmobil: The Movie seems sadly destined to be regarded as a superficially similar yet less desirable alternative to the competition."
The father of a swan born without a voice helps him overcome his disability and teaches him to play the trumpet.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "An uninspired E.B. White adaptation that's targeted at the very young."
Arcade gamers battle an alien race that presumes classic games of the 1980s are a declaration of war.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Much like the worst arcade games from the era that inspired it, Pixels has little replay value and is hardly worth a quarter."
Thieves visit an island city to steal a giant jewel once designed to defend the Pokmon city of Altomare.
Movie critic Lou Lumenick was so disappointed with the animation, he gave the film zero stars, described it as an animated form of child abuse and recommended parents to rent Spirited Away for their children.
Teenage Delgo must persuade his friends to protect their world from two warring tribes.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Delgo features a blend of plot elements from earlier (and superior) fantasy films, with weaker animation and dull characters."
A fox and his friends race to thwart a developer attempting to drill beneath their Arctic home and destroy it in the process.
Sandie Angulo Chen of Common Sense Media wrote: "Despite an impressive voice cast, this snowy animal adventure is disappointing; it feels more suited to a shorter TV or streaming special than a feature release."
An alliance of evil-doers, led by Cinderella's wicked stepmother, attempts to conquer Fairy Tale Land.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Happily N'Ever After has none of the moxy, edge or postmodern wit of the other fairy-tales-gone-haywire CG movie it so blatantly rips off."
Ash and his trainer friends discover evil genius' plan to conquer the world and race to stop him.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Despite being somewhat more exciting than the previous film, this kiddy flick still lacks any real adventure or excitement.
"What it does contain is choppy animation and poor voice acting. Doesn't match up to virtually anything out there."
This mixture of live-action and animation sees a comic strip temptress attempt to seduce her cartoonist creator.
Rotten Tomatoes' critical consensus states: "Cool World throws a small handful of visual sparks, but they aren't enough to distract from the screenplay's thin characters and scattered plot."
- Fauci: Paul doesn't know what he's talking about | TheHill - The Hill - July 27th, 2021
- Should the US return to the gold standard? No - The Daily World - July 27th, 2021
- Should the US Return to the Gold Standard? InsideSources - InsideSources - July 27th, 2021
- TEXAS Thumbs: Texas Dems in disarray and Houston gets snubbed HOUSTON CHRONICLE - Houston Chronicle - July 27th, 2021
- VAERS reports may initiate investigations into potential associations between a vaccine and adverse events, but on their own cannot prove causality -... - July 27th, 2021
- Selected Quotes And Seven Lessons From The Hard Money Mini-Documentary - bitcoinist.com - July 27th, 2021
- POLITICO Playbook: Is McCarthy prepared for Trump's wrath about the Jan. 6 committee? - POLITICO - Politico - July 27th, 2021
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' cast 20 years later: Where are they now? - Wonderwall - July 27th, 2021
- Sen. Rand Paul wades into Texas governor's race against Gov. Abbott - Houston Chronicle - July 23rd, 2021
- Ron Paul: 'Ed-Exit' To Protect Your Kids From Critical Race Theory OpEd - Eurasia Review - July 23rd, 2021
- Thirty Years After Slacker, the Film Is an Austin Time CapsuleAnd a Hopeful Tribute to Its Spirit - Texas Monthly - July 23rd, 2021
- Cornyn Joins Letter Urging Biden Administration to Abandon the Tax-Hike Proposal on Farmers and Ranchers - Senator John Cornyn - July 23rd, 2021
- Short Redhead Reel Reviews for the week of July 23 - ECM Publishers - July 23rd, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: July 22, 2021 - TCPalm - July 23rd, 2021
- It will be remembered: Trump allies cross him in special election - POLITICO - July 18th, 2021
- Sens. Rick Scott, Ron Johnson and Colleagues on Democrats' Partisan Spending Bill: America Needs to Invest in Infrastructure Without Out-of-Control... - July 18th, 2021
- Lifting the U.S. Embargo Against Cuba Will Create Wealth and Prosperity for Both Countries - Energy & Capital - July 18th, 2021
- Wild and the Expansion Draft: What you need to know - BlueJackets.com - July 18th, 2021
- All-time City Golf champions - The Herald-Times - July 18th, 2021
- Want to Buy a Luxury Watch? Read These 7 Pro Tips First - The Wall Street Journal - July 18th, 2021
- What issues will guide the 2022 election? Check ads from GOP senators - Deseret News - July 18th, 2021
- Sunday's letters: Blame unvaccinated for pandemic, women stand against abortion ban, more - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - July 18th, 2021
- Daye looks back on over 40 years as local banker - Wilkes Journal Patriot - July 14th, 2021
- Golfing with Wynn: Could there be a dynasty forming in the Tuesday Men's League? - St. Albans Messenger - July 14th, 2021
- Sports for the Record: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | Sports News | tulsaworld.com - Tulsa World - July 14th, 2021
- The Point, July 14, 2021: 'The Bay Is Really Hurting': Red Tide Kills Thousands Of Fish In Tampa Bay - WUFT - July 14th, 2021
- COVID Community Test Sites In Mpls., St. Paul, Bloomington To Close By End Of The Week - CBS Minnesota - June 28th, 2021
- Around the County - Runnels County Register - June 28th, 2021
- Pride Parties, Openings, And More FOMO-inducing Events From The Weekend! - Daily Front Row - June 28th, 2021
- Trump isnt the dictator: Wisconsin GOP inches away from Trump - POLITICO - June 28th, 2021
- Lets run Selective Service up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes - The Boston Globe - June 28th, 2021
- The Life And Career Of Ron Johnson (Complete Story) - Browns Nation - June 28th, 2021
- Rease and Keshequa made winning a habit - pickinsplinters.com - June 28th, 2021
- Ron Paul: Let Bitcoin Compete With the Dollar - Yahoo Finance - June 4th, 2021
- Former congressman Ron Paul: Bitcoin is money and should be taxed the same - Cointelegraph - June 4th, 2021
- Bitcoin 2021 conference: Speaker line-up and what to expect... - The US Sun - June 4th, 2021
- Ron Johnson is still weighing whether to run for a third senate term next year, but says he's 'panicked' for the nation - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - June 4th, 2021
- Sen. Rick Scott Doubles Down on Call for Congressional Investigation into the Origins of COVID-19 | SENATOR RICK SCOTT - Senator Rick Scott - June 4th, 2021
- Ron Onesti: "Have I told you " - Chicago Daily Herald - June 4th, 2021
- University of Michigan to retain name on Weiser Hall, president says - MLive.com - June 4th, 2021
- Bird Droppings: Arizona Cardinals start OTAs, Kyler Murray leading the way, Cardinals sign new punter, PFFs - Revenge of the Birds - June 4th, 2021
- Will The Bitcoin Miami Conference Be A Catalyst For Recovery? - bitcoinist.com - June 4th, 2021
- Entertainment Leaders Call on Celebrities and Influencers to Stop Spreading Misinformation about Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - PRNewswire - May 18th, 2021
- Last Call for 5.17.21 A prime-time read of what's going down in Florida politics - Florida Politics - May 18th, 2021
- Election filing week kicks off with a few surprises - The Columbian - May 18th, 2021
- Paul Bettany Answers Every Question We Have About A Knights Tale - Vulture - May 16th, 2021
- Utica man producing film about the history of radio - The Oakland Press - May 16th, 2021
- Gov. DeSantis appoints three to the Southwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board - Florida Politics - May 16th, 2021
- Twin Cities' biggest film fest includes 'Claw,' hits from around the world - Minneapolis Star Tribune - May 16th, 2021
- Max McLaughlin wins first super feature as Tyler Thompson runs out of fuel in Oswego - syracuse.com - May 16th, 2021
- Remember to say thank you before it is too late - The Daily Times - May 16th, 2021
- St. David and Benson win Baseball Championships - All Sports Tucson - May 16th, 2021
- Rand Paul clashes with Fauci over coronavirus origins | TheHill - The Hill - May 14th, 2021
- Twin Cities playwright and critic William Randall Beard dies at 64 - Minneapolis Star Tribune - May 11th, 2021
- Joy calls Tucker Carlson and Ron Johnson are the absolute worst for spreading COVID disinformation - Yahoo News - May 11th, 2021
- St. Paul man who helped burn down Third Precinct sentenced to prison and $12 million restitution - MinnPost - May 9th, 2021
- Willmar Stingers: Gardy set to appear in Willmar - West Central Tribune - May 9th, 2021
- Ron Bumblefoot Thal: Every time I do an acoustic version of something, I realize how beautiful the song is at its core - Guitar World - May 9th, 2021
- God rejoices in the truth | Religion | gettysburgtimes.com - Gettysburg Times - April 25th, 2021
- Do donors have too much influence over universities? - University World News - April 25th, 2021
- Five States Where Republicans Are Trying to Block Marijuana Legalization - CelebStoner - April 25th, 2021
- Here's Brunch, a pop-up, weekend email during the 2021 Legislative Session 4.25.21 - Florida Politics - April 25th, 2021
- Fredrick Brennan Is the Founder of 8chan. Now He Wants to Take It Offline. - Jacobin magazine - April 21st, 2021
- Party Politics: The Politics of Scandal - Houston Public Media - April 19th, 2021
- Ron Price's coaching longevity will be tough to eclipse - Los Angeles Times - April 19th, 2021
- Rekha Basu: I've had a vaccine 'passport' since childhood. What's all the fuss about? - desmoinesregister.com - April 19th, 2021
- How to improve policing in Florida and beyond | Letters - Tampa Bay Times - April 19th, 2021
- Winter's return, threat of new health restrictions tough blows for businesses - Winnipeg Free Press - April 19th, 2021
- Stephen Colbert Goes Off On Ron Paul Wearing 'Daisy Dukes' Shorts In Interview - HuffPost - April 15th, 2021
- Can You Get a 'Vaccine Passport'? And Other Questions, Answered - The New York Times - April 15th, 2021
- The Lessons of the Afghan War - National Review - April 15th, 2021
- Trump's early endorsements reveal GOP rift | TheHill - The Hill - April 15th, 2021
- This Florida Man may lead the GOP out of the wilderness | Column - Tampa Bay Times - April 15th, 2021
- Recent UW grad, an Afghan Kurdish poet, wins $90,000 scholarship for immigrants with exceptional potential - University of Wisconsin-Madison - April 15th, 2021
- Ron Paul: Why Is Biden Administration Pushing Ukraine To Attack Russia? OpEd - Eurasia Review - April 6th, 2021
- Ron Paul Warns of Government Crackdown on Bitcoin 'The Government Is the Threat' Regulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 6th, 2021
- "The government is the threat" says Ron Paul on Bitcoin - Techstory - April 6th, 2021
- Ron Paul: The government is the threat against Bitcoin Explica .co - Explica - April 6th, 2021
- Kane Honored With Senate Joint Resolution For His WWE Hall Of Fame Induction - Wrestling Inc. - April 6th, 2021
- MSU inducts Thigpen, Gregory, DuBose into Ron Polk Ring of Honor - The Dispatch - The Commercial Dispatch - April 6th, 2021